[2006] Strength -=- The Powerful Tournament [by Freekje]

Jan 3, 2007
DISCLAIMER: Please do NOT post in this thread yet. We still need to migrate all posts from the old thread on diabloii.net to this thread. If you want to help, feel free to do so :)

This tournament has already ended. It was originally started by @Freekje on May 22, 2006. The last post was made Jul 31, 2006.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

Strength -=- The Powerful Tournament

Strength -=- The Powerful Tournament

A while ago I was wondering how much strength a barbarian should have. At first I thought the answer was simple: required strength depends only on the desired gear. Thinking more about it, I realised that it was not that simple: melee and throwing damage is also altered by the levels of strength a character has. More strength means more damage...

Realizing this, the next question came to my mind: how much strength can a char have? As far as I know there isn't a maximum, so a character can have as much strength as he puts stat points in it plus extra strength from items.

I decided to see how much strength you guys can get, and that's the basis forthis tournament.

The rules

1) Everyone plays a barbarian
2) All stat points must be placed in strength

3) Hardcore only (or softcore, but you're out of the tournament when you die)
4) Version 1.10 or more recent (Vanilla / RRM / RWM allowed, also runewords granted by RWM)
5) One-way-muling (Muling off is ok, mule on is not)
6) No MPing
7) rerunning areas is allowed

The winner

The winner will be the one with the most strength (base + bonus from items).
It's allowed to keep strength alterating gear in the stash and use that only to reach higher str levels. So you don't have to play with that gear.

Good luck all!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High