[2006] Obsession Tournament [by Wolron]

Re: Obsession Tournament

Thomh said:
I miss Wolron:(
Me too :( Where did he go anyways?

Thomh said:
Keep it up Grisu, seems like you`re the only one still participating here:) Don`t worry, there are some people with no life who reads your posts here:wink:

No wonder - the tournament already ended over two and a half year ago :D
But now that I have 3 years of HC gaming experience more under my belt, I'm going to try to finish - read: guardian - all seven of my characters...I have my doubts about the Druid and the Thrower though, the Assassin seems quite fragile, too...ah, well, I'll see.

Thanks for reading and encouraging me!

Last edited:

Triple Update!

Lightning_Sonya, the obsessed Assassin
defeated Duriel after a 2 year hiatus (or even more...). She's quite the fragile one, and I wonder if I should have chosen CoS or Mind Blast over Shadow Master back then. So far I let my BA merc do the tanking and quickly strike out a few times with Tiger Strike from behind his back and after 2 additional levels I'll get another tank.

Life has been kind to Lightning_Sonya: Not only did a Crushflange drop, but two of them, as well as some failed unique claws (4 of them, IIRC) and a wagonload of Set Items: Civerb's Ward, Sander's Taboo, which would be so sweet if I were allowed to use them, Isenhart's Lightbrand, Cleglaw's Pincers to accompany my Cleglaw's Claw and Cathan's Mesh.

The Summoner was actually trouble, since one Ice Blast took away around 60% of my health and his Firewall would have made BBQ within no time. The drop was as bad as was the fight. The Valley of Snakes on the other hand made it easy - the boss pack piled up around the altar :) Duriel himself wasn't too hard since I had Crushflange and Cleglaw's Pincers as well as Tiger Strike, and I was rewarded with 5x around 3k gold pieces.

Definitively a pro: Lightning_Sonya is actually the only Obesession character who can pull out all the stops in regards to MF: With Strength as her obsession attribute she is able to wear almost any armour.

Lightning_Sonya (Assassin -Act 3 Kurast Docks) Playing on P8
Score:
Way points : 19 (+19 points)
Quests : 12 (+24 points)
Obsession Skills maxed: 1 (Tiger Strike) (+10 points)
Total Points = 53

Meanwhile, Haft_Strafe the obessed Amazon defeated Mephisto (Here's a shot of her in action). She hasn't too much firepower yet, but she's good for the odd strafe or strike. Once she reaches the end of Act 5 and gains Lightning Fury, she will be a powerhouse though (hopefully ... :rolleyes:).

Haft_Strafe (Amazon -Act 4 Pandaemonium Fortress) Playing on P8
Score:
Way points : 28 (+28 points)
Quests : 18 (+36 points)
Total Points = 64

And then there's Poison_Dexter, the obsessed Necromancer, with his Prayer Town Guard. He is absolutely essential, because without him I wouldn't be able to produce a corpse at all --> no CE :( But well, life (and tourney rules) is kind, so the merc is happily slaying evil monster spawns, which goes even faster since the moment I got Decrepify.
I still have to get used to the small area it covers, but I think it was the right choice over Amplify Damage or Attract - e.g. the fight against Duriel in Normal on p8 was a cakewalk.

It's one of my obsession characters with the worst MF due to his obsessions: Vitality and Poison. There's no item with "Vitality", and although there are a lot of items with "Poison" in it, it is hard to find something that offers MF, too. And unlike my Amazon, he's not able to fill the first socket in an armour with another gem (She gets Dex through an emerald and fills the leftover sockets with Topazes). Nonetheless there were a some unique and set drops (although most of them not usable): Gorefoot, Skewer of Krintiz, Civerb's Ward, the obligatory green breast plate, Ravenclaw, and a failed unique Chain Mail...actually I had 3 of those, each time the mlvl was 1 or 2 too low to produce a Sparking Mail. Oh, and a double rune drop - yay!

I had already assumed that this was possible, but now I proved it: You can block those d*** Mummy Sarcophagi by standing exactly on this spot. Once I discovered that, I took advantage of that again and again. Oops, the last one isn't me, but a Mummy blocking it's own Sarcophagus. Yes, that works, too! I'm so excited :cloud9:

I don't want to bore you any longer with my unique and set drops, but let me tell you that with the exception of Steelgoad and Cleglaw's Claw I'm not allowed to use any of them :(

Luckily the only stair trap I encountered consisted of a pack of archers, so no trouble surviving this. Mephisto was a bit tougher than Duriel (he simply did more damage to my merc although he was decrepified), but eventually he went down on /p8, too.

Poison_Dexter (Necromancer -Act 4 Pandaemonium Fortress) Playing on P8
Score:
Way points : 28 (+28 points)
Quests : 18 (+36 points)
Obsession Skills maxed: 1 (CE) (+10 points)
Total Points = 74

Code:
[highlight]ALIVE[/highlight]
[U]Score Character       Class       Forum Name        Level   Act    WP      [/U]
323   Lightning_Monk  Paladin     Grisu              84     A5 H   finished
313   No_Sushi        Sorceress   Grisu              83     A5 H   finished
188   Sir_Fire        Paladin     Wolron             62     A4 NM  River of Fire
182   BrassMonkey     Paladin     waflob             58     A4 NM  Pand. Fortress
151   Nerullan        Necromancer Sir Lister of Smeg 57     A3 NM  Kurast Docks
140   Poison_Ivy      Assassin    Wolron             51     A2 NM  Lut Gholein
140   Poison_Haggis   Barbarian   Grisu             52        A2 NM  Lut Gholein
135   Sophia          Sorceress   Wolron             52     A2 NM  Dry Hills
133   Clobber         Barbarian   Wolron             51     A2 NM  Radament Lvl 2
119   HoldYourColour  Assassin    Tartanasia         43     A1 NM  Rogue Land
109   Fire_Stoibear   Druid      Grisu             48     A1 NM  Rogue Camp
108   Paul            Druid       Naab               46     A1 NM  Rogue Encampment
108   Undertow        Necro       Spatacula          46     A1 NM  Rogue Camp
74   Poison_Dexter   Necromancer Grisu             32     A4     Panda Fortress
64   Haft_Strafe     Amazon      Grisu             32     A4       Panda Fortress
63   Lightning-Fury  Amazon      Vang               31     A4     Pand.Fort 
53   PosadnutaAma    Amazon      Kugel              20     A3     Kurast Docks
53   Lightning_Sonya Assassin      Grisu             28     A3       Kurast Docks
50   VitaForTheWeak  Amazon      Zarfen             20     A3     Flayer dungeon
44   Zkeletal        Necromancer Blindandstoopid    25     A3     Kurast Docks
43   TiredArms       Barbarian   Gabriel74          23     A2     Far Oasis?
43   OneTwoThrow     Barbarian   waflob             26     A3     Kurast docks
38   Bearly_Skilled  Druid       Saucy              24     A2     Canyon 
32   Rotsachat       Assassin    Sir Lister of Smeg 20     A2     Lut Gholein
27   Ned             Paladin     'poops             23     A2     Dry Hills/Hall of Dead
25   Cold_Armageddon Druid       Sir Lister of Smeg 19     A1     Sewers Level 2
17   GiftWeib        Amazon      waflob            16        A1       Jail Encampment
16   Obsessive       Assassin    OneFromBeyond      16     A1     Outer Cloister
15   LiliVon         Sorceress   TrubbaNot          18     A1     Jail lvl 1 
  7   Fo-shiz         Sorceress   Moiselvus          12     A1     Stony field 
  1   Clean_Hands     Assassin    JoeBruce            1     A1     Rogue Camp
  1   Infraction      Paladin     PsychoPath          1     A1     Rogue Camp
  1   Strength the P  Paladin     Gabriel74           1     A1     Rogue Camp
  1   Lightning_Chan  Assassin    Docturnal           1     A1     Rogue camp
  1   deathBites      Assassin    Gameoverziggy       1     A1     Rogue Encampment
  1   Burnalot        Paladin     BovineMan           1     A1     Rogue Encampment

[highlight]DEAD/RETIRED[/highlight]
[U]Score Character       Class       Forum Name        Level   Act    WP      [/U]
248   DeltaO          Amazon      Wolron             77     A2 H   Palace Cellar
210   Mercury         Amazon      Mursilis           74     A1 H   Cold Plains (retired)
207   HiLife          Amazon      zatlaren           75     A1 H   Outer Cloister
203   Bubba           Druid       Vang               65     A1 H   Cold Plains
180   mad_hatter      Amazon      skoolbus           60     A4 NM  Pand. Fortress
156   MrTinkertrain   Necro       Gahzban            55     A2 NM  Canyon of Magi
133   Cold_Death      Necro       Wolron             52     A2 NM  Radament Lvl 2
116   Rayne           Sorceress   Mursilis           47     A1 NM  Dark Wood
112   Lightning-Blade Assassin    Vang               48     A1 NM Cold Plains
111   OneTrackSkunk   Necro       Skunkbelly         47     A2 NM  Black Marsh (retired)
104   Bear_Lightning  Druid       Wolron             49     A1 NM  Stony Field
70   Obsession       Paladin     Ilshad             32     A4     River of Flame
70   BikiniBottom    Amazon      EmperorMoo         31     A4     Chaos Sanctuary
68   Wubbler          Druid       EmperorMoo         31        A4       Chaos Sanctuary
59   OCD             Paladin     pwangsta           30     A3     Durance L2
58   Spongebob       Paladin     EmperorMoo         30     A3     Durance L2
51   Karmesha        Amazon      moiselvus          30     A3     lower kurast
32   FoulKrack       Amazon      Saucy              20     A2     Lost City
32   Crazy_Hippy     Druid       BovineMan          20     A2     Lut Gholein
27   Wraith          Assassin    Mursilis           22     A2     Far Oasis
25   Conny           Paladin     Docturnal          19     A2     Sewers lvl 2
23   Ungar           Barbarian   pwangsta           19     A2     Sewers L2
22   Scorn           Druid       Spatacula          20     A2     Lut Gholein
19   ObsessDeeds     Amazon      EJB                19     A1     Cat LvL 2
14   StaticBabe      Sorceress   Quickdeath         17     A1     Outer Cloister
14   Ugh             Barbarian   Sir Lister of Smeg 16     A1     Outer Cloister
14   Fire_chan       Sorc        Docturnal          18     A1     Outer cloister

[highlight]OBSESSIONS[/highlight]
[U]Character      C.Type    Element   Attribute  Skill 1      Skill 2     Skill 3[/U]
Bear_Lightning Druid     Lightning Vitality   Molton Bould Summon Grizzly
Bearly_Skilled Druid     Lightning Strength   Wearbear 
BikiniBottom   Amazon    Cold      Dexterity  Magic Arrow Valkyrie
BrassMonkey    Paladin   Lightning Vitality   Zeal         Holy Freeze
Bubba           Druid     Lightning Vitality   Dire Wolf    Hurricane
Burnalot       Paladin   Fire      Strength   Holy Fire
Clean_Hands    Assassin  Lightning Vitality   Claw Mastery
Clobber        Barb      Fire      Vitality   Mace Mast    Berzerk     ?  
Cold_Armageddon Druid    Cold      Vitality   Shock Wave
Cold_Death     Necro     Cold      Vitality   Amplify Dmg  Bone Spear
Conny          Paladin   Cold      Vitality   Holy Freeze
Crazy_Hippy    Druid     Poison    Energy     Psn Creeper  Rabies          
Deathbites     Assassin  Poison    Dexterity  Cobra Strike Venom
DeltaO         Amazon    Cold      Vitality   Jab          Straf       Valkyrie    
Fire_Stoibear  Druid     Fire       Strength   Shockwave    Armageddon
Fo-shiz        Sorceress lightning vitality   Static field Firewall    Frozen orb
FoulKrack      Amazon    Lightning Dexterity  Magic Arrow 
Haft_Strafe    Amazon     Lightning Dexterity  Strafe       Pierce      Lightning Fury
GiftWeib       Amazon    Lightning Dexterity  Plague Jav
HiLife         Amazon    Lightning Vitality   Valkyrie
HoldYourColour Assassin  Cold      Vitality   BOS          Blade Fury  ?   
Infraction     Paladin   Fire      Vitality   Charge
Karmesha       Amazon    Lightning Vitality   Valkyrie     -           - 
Khazakistan    Pally     Cold      Dexterity  Holy Freeze
Lightning-Fury Amazon    Lightning Dexterity Plaque Javelin
Lightning-Blade Assassin Lightning Strength   Blade Sentinel Shadow Master
Lightning_SonyaAssassin  Lightning Strength   Tiger Strike Shadow Master
Lightning_Monk Paladin   Lightning Vitality   Conc       BH
LiliVon        Sorceress Fire      Vitality   Blaze        -           -
mad_hatter     Amazon    Lightning Dexterity  Strafe       Plague Jav  -
Mercury        Amazon    Lightning Vitality   Plague Jav   Valkyrie
MrTinkertrain  Necro     Lightning Vitality   Amplify Dmg  C. Expl     Revive
Ned            Paladin   Fire      Strength   Charge
Nerullan       Necro     Poison    Vitality   Raise Skel   Decrepify   ?
No_Sushi       Sorceress Cold      Vitality   Firewall     Frozen Orb
ObsessDeeds    Amazon    Lightning Dexterity  Multishot    -           -
Obsessive      Assassin  Lightning Vitality   Dragon Talon ?           ?
Obsession      Paladin   Lightning Vitality   Zeal         Fant        ?
OCD            Paladin   Lightning Vitality   Holy Shock   ?           ?
Odin           Pakadin   Lightning Strength   Defiance
OneTrackSkunk  Necro     Poison    Dexterity  Skeletal Mage
OneTwoThrow    Barbarian Cold      Dexterity  Double Throw 
Paul           Druid     Lightning Vitality   Oak Sage
Poison_Dexter  Necro     Poison       Vitality   Corpse Expl
PearlKrabs     Sorc      Lightning Vitality   Static Field 
Poison_Haggis  Barbarian Posion    Dexterity  Throw Master Grim Ward   Double Throw
Poison_Ivy     Assassin  Poison    Vitality   Tiger Strike Shadow Master
Poladnutama    Amazon    Lightning Vitality   Magic Arrow  Plague Javelin
Rayne           Sorceress Lightning Vitality   Static Field Fire Wall
Rotsachat      Assassin  Lightning Strength   Tiger Strike
Scorn          Druid     Fire      Strength   Werewolf
Sir_Fire       Paladin   Fire      Vitality   Res Lgting   Holy Shock  Fist of Heavens
Sophia         Sorceress Poison    Vitality   Static Field Blizzard
Spongebob      Paladin   Lightning Strength   Res Cold Holy Freeze
Squidworth     Necro     Lightning Vitality   Corpse Expl  Decrep      Raise Skeleton
StaticBabe     Sorceress Lightning Vitality   Static Field
Strength the P Paladin   Lightning Strength   Resist Fire
Tiredarms      Barbarian Lightning Strength   Double Swing
Ugh            Barbarian Fire      Strength   Mace Mastery
Undertow       Necro     Fire      Vitality   Iron Maiden  Raise Skel
Unger          Barbarian Lightning Strength   Sword Mastery
VitaForTheWea  Amazon    Lightning Dexterity  Magic Arrow  Valkyrie    -
Wraith         Assassin  Poison    Strength   Cloak of Shadows
Wubbler           Druid     Cold       Vitality   Poison Creeper
Zkeletal       Necro     Poison    Vitality   Raise Skeleton

Code:
[highlight][b][U][I]SEPTENARY OBSESSION Standing[/I][/U][/b][/highlight]
[u]Score   Forum Name         Amaz  Assa  Barb  Druid  Necro  Pala  Sorc[/u]
1084    Wolron              248   143   133    104    133   188   135
1076    Grisu                 64    53   140    109     74   323   313
353    Mursilis            210    27      -      -      -     -   116
329     Vang                 63   112          203
242    Waflob             17    43                        182   
222    Sir Lister'               32    14     25    151

Not long anymore, and I will have taken the first place from Wolron in the team score - time you finally show up again! 😉

Last edited:

Poison_Dexter, the obsessed Necromancer
made Destroyer. It was a long battle against Baal: Neither did it last 5 minutes, nor 10 minutes, but 14 minutes! The good side of it: I didn't have to use a potion and I myself got never hit. His drop was okish, although - again - I'm not allowed to use any of the unique drops.

But let me tell you about the journey...

When I arrived at the Pandaemonium Fortress, I heard about the Corrupted Izual, and soon I encountered him - and he did encounter Decrepify. Or Amplify Damage from my merc's weapon. I used the time when he was AD'd to use CE on some surrounding corpses. Well, ok, not only some, as you can derive from the blood bath. :whistling:

Next thing to do was to destroy the Soulstone on the Hellforge, and boy! did I laugh at Hephasto - Spectral Hit and Holy Freeze? I didn't even need a potion. A Set Broad Sword was the reward. Ral from Hellforge isn't exactly astonishing either - a Shael would have been much nicer.

On to the Chaos Sanctuary to find Diablo in his lair. Some Set Light Gauntlets on my way in. After opening the first seal I got trapped here, and only some quick CE and 2 Full Rejuvs kept me alive in that corner. The other seal bosses were easy - under Decrepify even the Fana Doom Knights quickly perished.
Diablo on the other hand...well, he is the ruler of Hell for a reason. Quickly changed the player setting to /p3 and tried the following: Decrepify him, stand as near as possible next to him and position my merc on the opposite side of him. That way, I'd get all the damage from his lightning hose and Firestorm while my merc can poke him with his stick. He still had the one with Amplify Damage, and that almost backfired on me when AD damage overwrote my Decrepify and I was suddenly frozen from a melee attack and then got a well-aimed lightning hose in my face. Rejuv (with maybe 1/8 health bulb left), rejuv, quickly refilled my belt in town, got back down and finished the job.

And here I am, saviour of the world, ruler of the ... wait, Tyrael, what's that about Harrogath and some odd Worldstone you say? Ok, fame has to wait, I guess. On to Act V.

That drop immediately at the beginning of Act V would have been nice back in the days of No_Sushi, my first Guardian and Obsession Tournament Sorceress. But she managed without, and so will Poison_Dexter ;-) I learned a lot of things - for example how to make a choreography with Blood Lords. One was absolutely inapt though as you can clearly see from the picture, which made me so furious that I decided to slay them. It took longer than expected because the leader of the troop had Stone Skin...

I found another Griswold's Edge (#573829 probably, but still none perfect), Angelic Mantle, a green Breast Plate (hooray!), another Gem Shrine, Wizendraw (not usable), Witherstring (again: not usable), Civerb's Cudgel to go with the Civerb's Ward I already found, and then I encountered the probably most useless boss mod ever sighted: Teleportation on a Demon Imp :crazyeyes: As you can see, my friend and moron Razan was rather attacking a barricade than the boss. He does that all the time - I think he must have a very deep hatred against barricades and barricaded doors, because even if there's two boss packs and what not else around, he for sure is going to "kill" those barricades first *shakes head*

Anyway, where was I? Oh right, Nihlathak's death. Yeah, I skipped the boring part of chasing him around the whole level 3. The fight actually took longer than that against the Ancients. I split them up: First Madawc, then Korlic, and finally Talic. Fight over. No potion needed. Same tactic against Lister and his pack: Split them up with the use of Decrepify, then serve as a meat shield (and get stunned) for my merc so that the killing is faster.

Finally! I am the saviour of the world, the ruler of ... wait, upright walking cows with polearms, you say? I have to see that!

Glad I did! Cow King dropped Arctic Fur, which is usable through whole NM, some loose rock hid Lenymo under it (usable through NM and even Hell if I upgrade it!), and then there was Iratha's Cord, although not usable, but still: two TC3 items in one Cow level! Nice :nod:

Here's my (slightly re-organized) ATMA readout at the end of Normal:
Code:
Character name  : Poison_Dexter
Character type  : Hardcore Necromancer
Character level : 48
Character exp   : 41760752

Strength        : 63
Energy          : 25
Dexterity       : 25
Vitality        : 207
Stat Points Rem : 0
Skill Points Rem: 0

Life            : 524 / 519
Mana            : 148 / 118
Stamina         : 336 / 317

Gold (Inventory): 38689
Gold (Stash)    : 1250000

Number of Items : 57
55: Soul Brand
Wand
One-Hand Damage: 2 to 4
Durability: 15 of 15
Required Level: 18
Staff Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0x6d25b03c
+15 to Energy
Fire Resist +37%
Adds 9-25 cold damage over 1 seconds
6% Life stolen per hit
4% Mana stolen per hit
+1 to Weaken (Necromancer Only)
+2 to Confuse (Necromancer Only)
+1 to Poison Explosion (Necromancer Only)
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 50%
150% Damage to Undead

56: Doom Badge
Spiked Shield
Defense: 36
Chance to Block:  50%
Durability: 40 of 40
Required Strength: 30
Required Level: 14
Item Level: 26
Fingerprint: 0xeffaeb1c
+42% Enhanced Defense
+20% Increased Chance of Blocking
Fire Resist +10%
Lightning Resist +10%
Cold Resist +10%
Poison Resist +17%
17% Faster Hit Recovery
30% Faster Block Rate

7: Plague Shank
Boots
Defense: 6
Durability: 12 of 12
Item Level: 26
Fingerprint: 0x492150f6
+53% Enhanced Defense
Poison Resist +9%
24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Poison Length Reduced by 25%

11: Beryl Ring of Chance
Required Level: 9
Item Level: 38
Fingerprint: 0xcc532bcf
Poison Resist +8%
14% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

12: Death Knot
Ring
Required Level: 13
Item Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0xd8ecbe9f
+5 to Life
Cold Resist +27%
Poison Resist +29%
38% Extra Gold from Monsters
5% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

14: Bitter Casque
Circlet
Defense: 54
Durability: 35 of 35
Required Level: 25
Item Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0x6adc1ce6
+75% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 2
Fire Resist +12%
Lightning Resist +12%
Cold Resist +12%
Poison Resist +43%
54% Extra Gold from Monsters

17: Brimstone Grasp
Chain Gloves
Defense: 16
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 23
Item Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0x7d4ff08a
+68% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +9%
Poison Resist +9%
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
5% Chance to cast Level 3 Frost Nova when struck

21: Skull Lock
Plated Belt
Defense: 8
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Strength: 60
Item Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0x3fc5079
+1 to Strength
+19 to Maximum Stamina
Lightning Resist +21%
Attacker Takes Damage of 1

24: Gale Carapace
Breast Plate
Defense: 86
Durability: 150 of 150
Item Level: 21
Fingerprint: 0xa056a500
+25% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 1
Poison Resist +11%
Attacker Takes Damage of 1
48% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Socketed (2: 2 used)

Perfect Topaz
Inserted into a Breast Plate

Perfect Topaz
Inserted into a Breast Plate

29: Beryl Amulet of Chance
Item Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0xc63e73ff
Poison Resist +8%
11% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

4: Viridian Small Charm of Dexterity
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 10
Item Level: 14
Fingerprint: 0x3ac84454
+1 to Dexterity
Poison Resist +7%

On weapon switch :

15: Imp Wand
Yew Wand
One-Hand Damage: 2 to 8
Durability: 45 of 45
Staff Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Level: 17
Fingerprint: 0xe988cb53
Fire Resist +8%
4% Life stolen per hit
+5 to Light Radius
+2 to Corpse Explosion (Necromancer Only)
+1 to Clay Golem (Necromancer Only)
5% Bonus to Attack Rating
150% Damage to Undead
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
5% Chance to cast Level 3 Lightning on attack

16: Grim Rock
Large Shield
Defense: 12
Chance to Block:  52%
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Strength: 34
Required Level: 15
Item Level: 28
Fingerprint: 0x47186ae2
+15 to Attack Rating
+20% Increased Chance of Blocking
Fire Resist +33%
Lightning Resist +7%
Cold Resist +7%
Poison Resist +7%
Attacker Takes Damage of 6
+1 to Light Radius
30% Faster Block Rate

Mercenary Items :

1: Visionary Circlet of Pestilence
Defense: 27
Durability: 35 of 35
Item Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0x8bb1cba1
+50 poison damage over 5 seconds
48% Bonus to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)

2: Brimstone Shroud
Studded Leather
Defense: 48
Durability: 17 of 17
Required Strength: 17
Item Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0xf94a880b
Fire Resist +15%
Poison Resist +13%
18% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (2: 2 used)

Chipped Topaz
Inserted into a Studded Leather

9% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Chipped Topaz
Inserted into a Studded Leather

9% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

3: Stone Song
Pike
Two-Hand Damage: 24 to 110
Durability: 17 of 25
Required Dexterity: 45
Required Strength: 60
Spear Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xa0ca2e27
+75% Enhanced Damage
+52 to Attack Rating
+6 poison damage over 2 seconds

I still have to decide what to socket (probably a ilvl 33 Partizan - 4 sockets for Insight) and personalize, but I already assigned the points for it, I just didn't have time to sort through my stashes yet.

Poison_Dexter (Necromancer -Act 4 Pandaemonium Fortress) Playing on P8
Score:
Way points : 40 (+40 points)
Quests : 27 (+54 points)
Obsession Skills maxed: 2 (CE, Decrepify) (+20 points)
Completed Normal fully equipped: +5 points
Total Points = 119

Code:
188   Sir_Fire        Paladin     Wolron             62     A4 NM  River of Fire
182   BrassMonkey     Paladin     waflob             58     A4 NM  Pand. Fortress
140   Poison_Haggis   Barbarian   Grisu             52        A2 NM  Lut Gholein
133   Clobber         Barbarian   Wolron             51     A2 NM  Radament Lvl 2
119   Poison_Dexter   Necromancer Grisu             48     A1 NM  Rogue Encampment
108   Paul            Druid       Naab               46     A1 NM  Rogue Encampment
64   Haft_Strafe     Amazon      Grisu             32     A4       Panda Fortress
53   Lightning_Sonya Assassin      Grisu             28     A3       Kurast Docks
50   VitaForTheWeak  Amazon      Zarfen             20     A3     Flayer dungeon
27   Ned             Paladin     'poops             23     A2     Dry Hills/Hall of Dead
25   Cold_Armageddon Druid       Sir Lister of Smeg 19     A1     Sewers Level 2
17   GiftWeib        Amazon      waflob            16        A1       Jail Encampment
16   Obsessive       Assassin    OneFromBeyond      16     A1     Outer Cloister
  1   deathBites      Assassin    Gameoverziggy       1     A1     Rogue Encampment
  1   Burnalot        Paladin     BovineMan           1     A1     Rogue Encampment

248   DeltaO          Amazon      Wolron             77     A2 H   Palace Cellar
210   Mercury         Amazon      Mursilis           74     A1 H   Cold Plains (retired)
207   HiLife          Amazon      zatlaren           75     A1 H   Outer Cloister
180   mad_hatter      Amazon      skoolbus           60     A4 NM  Pand. Fortress
156   MrTinkertrain   Necro       Gahzban            55     A2 NM  Canyon of Magi
133   Cold_Death      Necro       Wolron             52     A2 NM  Radament Lvl 2
111   OneTrackSkunk   Necro       Skunkbelly         47     A2 NM  Black Marsh (retired)
70   Obsession       Paladin     Ilshad             32     A4     River of Flame
70   BikiniBottom    Amazon      EmperorMoo         31     A4     Chaos Sanctuary
68   Wubbler          Druid       EmperorMoo         31        A4       Chaos Sanctuary
14   StaticBabe      Sorceress   Quickdeath         17     A1     Outer Cloister
14   Ugh             Barbarian   Sir Lister of Smeg 16     A1     Outer Cloister
14   Fire_chan       Sorc        Docturnal          18     A1     Outer cloister

[U]Character      C.Type    Element   Attribute  Skill 1      Skill 2     Skill 3[/U]
Fo-shiz        Sorceress lightning vitality   Static field Firewall    Frozen orb
Haft_Strafe    Amazon     Lightning Dexterity  Strafe       Pierce      Lightning Fury
Poison_Haggis  Barbarian Posion    Dexterity  Throw Master Grim Ward   Double Throw
Sir_Fire       Paladin   Fire      Vitality   Res Lgting   Holy Shock  Fist of Heavens
Squidworth     Necro     Lightning Vitality   Corpse Expl  Decrep      Raise Skeleton

Code:
1121    Grisu                 64    53   140    109    119   323   313

Last edited:

Poison_Dexter, the obsessed Necromancer
reached the Kurast Docks - Meshif was so kind to take me there. I started off Act I NM like this with my invisible Town Guard - yay! Nice drop early on - might be useful in later acts due to massive amounts of FCR and Mana. Found a really rare rare item - should be unique (look at the durability) and there indeed is a unique hatchet in the game - apparently the qlvl was too high for the mlvl.

Blood Raven was easy but tiresome - even decpreified I had to chase her all over the map. This guy's hits on the other hand hurt. And then the icing on the cake: something I had never experienced before in all my years of D2 (since the day it was sold in shops after all...)...the Foul Crow Nest Mob!! Now this one took really long, esp. to bring down the first, because of the HF aura and Foul Crows spawned all over the place, but once the first dropped, CE shortened the fight muchos.

Cursed Might Aura Skeleton Archers cost me a lot of money (to revive merc...), but didn't cause me more trouble than that. Obviously, I had a knack for bad archer packs...but - behold! the first Amn Rune! Nice - maybe I could still make a spirit sword after all! After all, Countess didn't have good runes to offer, so I had to look elsewhere (and again). Now if I only had a Io for "White" ... ooops ... that screenshot came from the future :p

A moment of Terror while opposing Andariel with 85% Poison Resistance and 75% Poison Length Reduction (look at the orb and the potions left...yeah, I did use a purple :rolleyes:) Now that screenshot reminds me of of...arg, can't find that screenshot anymore :rant: but I've seen it before...hmmm :scratchchin:.But where? Instead, I present you: The end of Act I.

Act II started of strange with Radament missing in action. So what to do? Start over the game again, try to kill as few monsters as possible on my way to Radament...and ... WTF?!?! Ok, so I had to reroll the map and had to look for Radament AGAIN - this time, he was there, but I had to kill stuff on my way in order not to get killed, hence some XP gained I wouldn't have got otherwise...

Found a useful armor (Greyform) early on (TC3 even!), but currently I'm not allowed to use it - I either have to socket it and put something with "Poison" it it or have to personalize it...don't know it it will be needed for the life leech, like I at first supposed it would be, because later in Act II I found the Undead Crown, which was perfect for all those Tombs in the Desert (extra damage to undead 😁) and grant life leech.

This is a name I will surely give as a nickname to my child when I get one (no, nothing to tell you ... yet :wink2:). Found a Ko rune (maybe useful some time later) and a Shael Rune (very useful - maybe another "Rhyme" for Hell (only allowed to use Elite white/gray items in hell, so I will have to make new Runewords), or for some weapon or whatever...)

For those of you who wondered how a splatter movie in outer space would look like...
The torn dimension somehow even tore the coded data in this case...I've never ever seen two of those chests on the same side...but at least none was missing :)

Item drops where somehow bad ... but at least the Summoner was an easy fight because there were no other monsters around to block the stairs to his place.

Me doing something useful in a fight for a change: Blocking the sarcophagus :p Finally a name I like! Someone should do a poem around it...

And another Amn! That seems to fit perfect into...into...a unique Yari maybe? I think that was the universe's way of paying back those failed uniques dropping to the left and right...

But before I found the weapon that will most probably be the end-game weapon for my merc (of course socketed with a Tal, too, to make it usable for my obsession), I had to somehow this PI guy, that even stayed PI after Decrepify...so I had to improvise with what was left in my stashes and was able to finish him off that way (the first 50% of his life he lost to CEs all over the area, looking for every corpse that was left).

Random Where's Waldo pic...

For Duriel, I gathered an army in order to distract him from my main weapon, my Might merc with Hone Sundan, which worked perfectly well even on /p8.

So now I'm about to start the exploration of the Kurast Jungle...my skeletons are still weak (level 17 + level 4 SM), but my merc is a beast and I only need 2-4 corpses to do devastating damage with CE. So far, the build is very safe even without a skeleton army, although my lightning resistance sucks (5%).

The pace is very slow though - I need 1+ hour per WP, so don't expect another guardian this year :p

Poison_Dexter (Necromancer -Act 3 Kurast) Playing on P8
Score:
Way points : 59 (+59 points)
Quests : 39 (+78 points)
Total Points = 162

Code:
162   Poison_Dexter   Necromancer Grisu             60     A3 NM  Kurast Docks

Code:
1164    Grisu                 64    53   140    109    162   323   313

Last edited:

Thanks for the compliments! Nice to see some people are still reading my rather long-winded updates :)

As Poison_Dexter entered the Jungles, he was glad to discover that there weren't any Gloams around...although this rare ring might have made it somewhat less dangerous...but only somewhat. Finally the ethereal Partizan for Insight...which I don't need anymore after finding Hone Sundan :p

And finally those Viridian Boots of Luck I am allowed to use...if only I had enough Strength for Battle Boots :rolleyes: I also did find some more uniques, most of which I'm not allowed to use: The Centurion, Frostburn, a near-perfect Nagelring (28%MF, 72 AR), Treads of Cthon, Coil of Glory ... and Godly Boots of Luck - Defense 11 - yay :D Affixes on rare items were rare though, but I found the first elite rare weapon early on - although I'll never be able to use it due to the requirements. Also, some items for the failed grail dropped.

Like I already said in the Daily: Mephisto was stingy with his goods...

Act IV was fast...even Izual. Really, you say? Izual on /p8? Fast? If I didn't mention it often enough: Hone Sundan rocks!!! The drop didn't though...but the corpses! Everywhere those damned corpses! (notice the blood bath - that was what every level looked like)

Hephasto was surprisingly easy and Hellforge netted me a Lum - and I really could have used that GC against Big D...you know, if I was allowed to use it :rolleyes:

Diablo killed my army of skeletons pretty fast, as most of those, who ever fought Diablo with Skellies, might have been able to tell me before :p Fortunately, I was able to position my merc in a spot, where he didn't get hit be Diablo's lightning hose. Diablo fell quickly to my merc's attacks, filled my failed grail and rewarded me with a Gull dagger...not usable *sigh*

That's what my LCS looked like at the beginning of Act V.

I'm currently at the Arreat Plateau WP - lots of way to go in Act V, but at least I already have decent equipment, even for Hell, if I make it that far.

Poison_Dexter (Necromancer -Act 5 NM Arreat Plateau) Playing on P8
Score:
Way points : 72 (+72 points)
Quests : 49 (+98 points) - Larzuk quest reward still open, no points for that yet
Total Points = 195

Code:
195   Poison_Dexter   Necromancer Grisu             68     A5 NM  Arreat Plateau

Poison_Dexter  Necro     Poison       Vitality   Corpse Expl Decrepify Raise Skeleton

Code:
1197    Grisu                 64    53   140    109    195   323   313

Poison_Dexter made Conqueror after defeating Baal (yes, a lot of failed S/Us... :rolleyes:). Somehow Tyrael lost his wing while the World Stone was crumbling - let's see how you will fare in D3 with just one wing! :alright:

All in all, there were more dangerous encounters than in previous acts - had 2 or 3 NDE, 2 involving Gloam boss packs with ~15% Lightning Resistance, one involving Dolls...this one was also nasty...I could break the Immunity with Decrepify though, but the fight lasted a few minutes.

Sorry bout that, but I couldn't resist:

Pun - part 1
Pun - part 2

Had some nice drops, only few of them usable in Hell though due to my obsessions: Peasant Crown, LoH (not usable - but still :p), String of Ears (not usable), Natalya's boots (thought about personalizing it...),

Nihlatak was easy, because I blew up most corpses before he could :p He tried to escape and teleported around the level, until my skellies cornered him and he fell. Yeah, money, lots of piles of money, but nothing else in his pockets.

Picking up every rare finally resulted in a 300+% EDam weapon, but I doubt I'll upgrade this one...it's nice to have a crystal sword with 28-73 damage though :)

The Ancients were done in the usual split up and fight them one by one tactic: Korlic was extra fast, Madawac had Spectral Hit, and Talic was Fire Enchanted. I didn't even need one potion - I doubt that Hell Ancients will be as easy with my skellimancer...any advices?

Now I have to think about my equipment for Hell - Some things are available: I have the ingredients for Rhyme or Splendor Elite Shrunken head, White Elite Wand, could personalize Natalya's boots, have peasant crown...maybe upgrade some other things...(Rockfleece for merc? Definitely upgrade Undead Crown...) craft some items...I'll see, but not today - I'm off to bed.

In Hell I will probably reduce player setting to 3 or maybe even 1 - p8 would take ages despite having Hone Sundan.

Poison_Dexter (Necromancer - just finished Act 5 NM) Playing on P8
Score:
Way points : 78 (+78 points)
Quests : 54 (+108 points) - Larzuk and Anya quest reward still open, already assigned points though
Completed Normal and NM fully equipped: +10 points
Total Points = 216

Code:
216   Poison_Dexter   Necromancer Grisu             74     A1 H   Rogue Encampment  

Poison_Dexter  Necro     Poison       Vitality   Corpse Expl Decrepify Raise Skeleton

Code:
1218    Grisu                 64    53   140    109    216   323   313

Poison_Dexter killed Andariel and is now on his way to Lut Gholein. Before I started Hell, I had to make some preparations, because in this tournament I am restricted to Elite Normal Items or Exceptional/Elite Uniques/Set Items in Hell only. This is why I upgraded Lenymo, Undead Crown and Greyform (for my merc), made a "White" Elite Wand and personalised Natalya's Boots.

So my equipment was almost complete (lacking the body armor) and looked like this (LCS):
Peasant Crown
Upped Lenymo
White Polished Wand (+1 Decrepify)
Magical Elite Necro Head (don't remember the mods...sold it later)
Natalya's Boots
Prismatic Amulet of the Tiger (+26 Life, +19 All Resists)
Rainbow Ring (+11 All Resists)
Dread Coil Rare Ring (Fire/Poison Resist +29%, +8% MF, Half Freeze)
Rare Bramble Mitts (+19 AR, +5 DEX, 42% Gold, Level 2 Poison Dagger, +1 LR)
Viridian GC of Balance

Merc: Hone Sundan (Tal, Amn, Shael), Upped Greyform, Upped Undead Crown

During Act I I was able to fill my Body Armor spot with a "Smoke" Wyrmhide (cubed the sockets, tried a Scarab Husk before, but got more sockets...) and replace the magical Necro Head with a "Rhyme" Minion Skull - originally it was a cracked one, so I cube repaired it, got +3 Raise Skeleton, and cube socketed it. I thought about making Splendor for the +1 Skills and +10% FCR, but decided against it and put safety first (Resists and CBF from Rhyme).

My merc got an upgrade, too, after I found Tal's Mask - now he's loaded with 22% life leech :)

Act I itself wasn't too difficult - this was partly because of my skellies, who can now withstand some hits and actually do noticeable damage, but partly because Hone Sundan + CE = Many dead critters.

Blood Raven for example was quickly swarmed by my skeleton army, which is nice for a change, because usually I don't play summoners and have to chase her all over the Burial Grounds :rolleyes:

This is a picture I got quite used to: I was cursed approximately 10% of the playing time, I guesstimate :p See fight for the scroll or against Griswold or any random boss.

Ghosts were a pain in the you know where - well, I could break the immunities, but it still took ages, esp. when fighting boss packs. The Countess went down quickly and gave me another Amn (my 12th or something...1.13, I tell you...:whistling:), the Spectral Shard won't be usable unless I up it and get massive amounts of Dex.

Andariel was an easy fight, too - first she was swarmed by my army, then the poison killed one, but the skellies opened up a spot at Andy's back for my merc who was the last man standing (and died after landing the killing blow... :rolleyes:).

Now, at the beginning of Act II I'm fully equipped, and I have to say: My equipment couldn't be much better. Sure, there are better gloves or better belts, but my resists are pretty good (59/47/53/75 Fire/cold/lightning/poison) and I have 10 sturdy skeletons and a merc, who is a killing machine and boss killer with Hone Sundan. Act II will be ok, as long as I stay away from beetles. It's going to be long-winded, though.

Poison_Dexter (Necromancer - just finished Act 1 Hell) Playing on P3
Score:
Waypoints : ** (+** points)
Quests : 60 (+120 points)
Total Points = 238

Code:
238   Poison_Dexter   Necromancer Grisu             79     A2 H   Lut Gholein  

Code:
1240    Grisu                 64    53   140    109    238   323   313

Wow! Act II went faster than I thought it would. That is partly because I switched to /p1 for the tombs, because I really hated to fight those PI Ghosts - although their Immunity could be broken by Decrepify, it still took ages to bring down a mob of them if no other corpses were around. And even if there were other monsters nearby, my merc engaged the Ghosts first most of the time because they come much closer to him than other monsters...:rolleyes:

Anyways, Act II didn't give too much trouble most of the time: Radament was killed quickly, his army was disposed of using CE. The curse with cursed bosses continued - I noticed the games habit to throw them at me right after I hit an experience shrine...

So close...but alas! No green laquered plate for me in this tourney! After that, I needed a drink at the bar. (ok, the bar picture was taken before the drop, I admit :whistling:)

I learned to hate the maggot lair because of Stone Skin bosses in narrow passages and those insects: PI, though breakable with Decrepify, but I wasn't able to use more than one skeleton, because otherwise my merc wouldn't be in front and my skellies wouldn't be able to kill even one monster in a reasonable amount of time (meaning less than 1 day per kill). Even so, I had trouble bringing down some PI (breakable) bosses like this one - I think the fight took over 5 minutes, because with Extra Strong the boss sent my merc into hit recovery quite often and I had to use up a lot of potions...

Oh, and Possessed monsters are also something I learned to hate, because you can't curse them...later in the Summoner's place I had to lure a possessed Ghost through the whole level and over corpses to finish it off with CE...

the only occasion that nearly cost me my life was when I entered this room with 2 boss packs: Devil Bender and Black Web the Shade, although I think there was a 3rd boss pack in the right corner, but I'm not entirely sure...the mods aren't that scary, but 15+ arrows pointing at you and some of them hitting are. But I escaped to live another day and to fight the Summoner.

Somehow I got my hopes up that this might finally be Mara's, but - of course - it ended up being Nokozan Relic :coffee:

Oh yeah, Duriel: I hate him even more since they removed the TP drop but applied the Essence drop instead...

So, now I'm off to the jungle and I'm slightly surprised at my level - 83. Somehow, I skipped a lot of monsters with my other tournament characters, as it seems. Will see, how full clears work out - I think I can manage those for most of the game with this character.

Poison_Dexter (Necromancer - just finished Act 2 Hell) Playing on P3 (except tombs and Duriel: at /p1)
Score:
Waypoints : 98 (+98 points)
Quests : 66 (+132 points)
Total Points = 260

Code:
260   Poison_Dexter   Necromancer Grisu             83     A3 H   Lut Gholein  

Code:
1262    Grisu                 64    53   140    109    260   323   313

I noticed Wolron has resurfaced for the skunks tourney, so I'll ask him if it would be okay for me to make a late entry into his tourney using version 1.12a (so I don't have to locate my CD, but am not gaining any advantage by virtue of all the runes in 1.13)?

Well, the tournament officially has already ended (5/2007, see post 647), so there should be no problem playing a character after the ruleset and posting the progress here :) It's what I do and what Wolron sanctioned.

I would be glad to see you pick up an obsession character - currently I feel like spamming the thread :p just kidding - it would really be fun to read your updates and see how you fare, and the tournament really was/is fun! 👍

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about 1.13...that means my Necro is currently playing 1.13 (since the beginning of NM), but I hope that's no problem for all those who once participated in the tournament? I simply forgot that I started the tournament back in 1.11 times and would have had to go back to that...

*facepalm* how did I miss that post? :rolleyes: Someone else started a tourney that incorporated obsession rules for skill placement (and other rules from other tournaments for stats and equipment, if I recall), which I entered, but it's always good to go with the original. And bugger it, I'm going with 1.13. Most of the extra runes will probably be useless anyway. ;)

Okie dokie, here we go. May I introduce:

Character Name: Legolass
Class: Amazon
Skill Obsessions: Magic Arrow, Valkyrie, (nominally) Impale :p
Stat Obsession: Dexterity
Elemental Obsession: Lightning

Nice to see you join this tournament, Jason! Good luck and ... good choice on the name :D

Yes, Poison_Dexter arrived at the Pandaemonium Fortress, and in good shape. Granted, the skeletons still don't do much damage due to lack of +skills, but at least the distract enemies so that my merc can poke monsters to death without being bothered (most of the time...)

Soon I had to learn, that PI monsters were really annoying, esp. when cursed and extra strong (and teleporting, in this case). Luckily, I have stocked a few dozen to hundred Full Rejuvs, so somehow I managed to kill this boss and every other PI (yeah, until now, almost every immunity could be broken by decrepify).

Soon after, this drop astonished me, and if I didn't already have a Hone Sundan, I might have switched to an Act 5 merc later (stats of the Doombringer).

Some other usable items were dropping, for example Plague Bearer and Griswold's Heart, and I'm thinking about how to best exploit the sockets in the armor...Right now, my merc is wearing an upped Greyform:

Greyform
Ghost Armor
Defense: 134
Durability: 20 of 20
Required Level: 54
Required Strength: 38
Fingerprint: 0x63adb64d
Item Level: 44
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Adds 14 - 50 Fire Damage
5% Life stolen per hit
+20 Defense
+10 to Dexterity
Cold Resist +20%
Fire Resist +20%
Poison Resist +6%
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
Required Level +5 1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Beryl Jewel of Burning

Beryl Jewel of Burning
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0xb541542e
Item Level: 60
Adds 14 - 50 Fire Damage
Poison Resist +6%

I don't know if I could produce something better with my socketables...I'd have to see.

And yes, there were a lot of PI bosses, that's why Act III took me so long. Often, I had to kill a bunch of other monsters first and use their corpses to blow up an PI boss, like the one I just posted above.

A Fanatism Wailing Beast boss pack gave me a scare, because they got rid of my skeleton army in no time, but they survived long enough to get my CE chain explosions going.

Now this PI boss was really tough: At first, HPs went down quite fast, esp. with CEs, but then his regeneration always made up the damage I dealt - and I couldn't counter his regeneration, because he was also Poison immune. After 5 mins, I got his HPs down some more, after another 5 mins even more, but then they went up again 1cm or more, and no corpses were left to blow up. So I ran away, trying to find other packs to kill and blow up once he was near.

I managed to find some packs, unfortunately so dangerous ones, that I lost my whole army, so I had to explore the level even further to raise a new army. After an hour or so, it finally happened, though - Doom Growler was dead.

And I was rewarded with an Um rune I found from a chest while running around, searching for monsters to kill and blow up.

My PI luck continued, and Bremm Sparkfist was PI, too (also Maffer Dragonhand btw), and his Charged Bolts killed a lot of my skellies. The rest was slain by two cursed boss packs of Vampire Lords...from their corpses I gathered a new army though and went to fight Mephisto.

Luckily, he didn't use his CBs very often, because they killed my skellies most quickly, and I had them long enough for my merc to finish Mephisto.

Poison_Dexter, Level 85 Necromancer, Hell Act IV next, playing on P3
Score:
Waypoints : 106 (+106 points)
Quests : 72 (+144 points)
Total Points = 280

Code:
1282    Grisu                 64    53   140    109    280   323   313

Posion_Dexter, the CE/Decrepify/Raise Skeleton Necromancer made Guardian!

With all the great gear I already had, I dropped the player settings to 1 to get along faster - and with Izual and Diablo ahead, I thought, this could only be good for me. Well, Izual himself proved no problem at all, because of the CB of Hone Sundan and went down in ~15 seconds, so imagine my face, when I was preparing myself for a 15 min wait and stare and instead...well, I don't want to complain :)

Since I switched to 1.13, IM wasn't a problem in the CS for my moron either, because - well, because it was removed of course. 😁 Saved me some millions, I guess...Diablo himself was swarmed by my army and went down rather quickly, too. With Decrepify on, he wasn't as much a threat to my army as usual, but still his Firestorm killed my moron once, but then he finally fell, adding another Essence to the two found at Duriel's.

Ok, I admit: In Act V I skipped some corners in the Highlands, because I wanted to finally finish this character - I simply hate those endless runs through the Highlands, chasing Imps and Skeleton Mages, trying to arrange my army that way, so that my moron can destroy doors and walls to move on...but everywhere else I did full clears.

I'm glad I didn't skip all corners, because otherwise I wouldn't have found this little dagger in a chest - not that this is the usual way I find my TC87s... :rolleyes:

Strange encounters awaited me in the Pit of Acheron - Unravelers running on lava, for example. Then I quickly ran to the Arreat Summit - at a speed, that my army almost couldn't keep pace.

I respawned the Ancients once, because of a PI Cursed Ancient, and the next roll didn't last longer than one minute, killing only one skeleton. Upon reaching the Worldstone chamber, I took one last breath and knew, that this was going to be an easy fight: Decrepify on Baal leaves him almost helpless, keeping him from teleporting, spawning clones or attacking more than 1x per minute.

The reward for such a measly fight? The 3rd essence, giving me a free respec at the end of the tournament :badteeth:
(EDIT: just noticed my mistake - one does need 4 different essences, right? Ah, that shows how important I think those essences are :p)

Guardian Poison_Dexter, Level 86 Necromancer, played on /P3 till Act IV, then /P1
Score:
Waypoints : 117 (+117 points)
Quests : 81 (+162 points)
Completed Normal, NM and Hell fully equipped: +15 points
Put all stat points into Vitality in Hell difficulty: +10 points
Total Points = 324

For my stats and equipment, check the Guardian thread :)

Code:
324   Poison_Dexter   Necromancer Grisu             86     A5 H   finished

Code:
1326    Grisu                 64    53   140    109    324   323   313

I think, the sept isn't going to happen...

Poison_Haggis died while being too reckless in the Sewers in NM...

...shortly before reaching level 53. He was already somewhat botched, because I started the character back then before there was jiansonz's guide to untwinked, single-pass magic finding and when I just started HC. Gear was subpar, and I was out of touch with the character after a 3 year hiatus...

The Druid is botched as well, as I found out...will have to see, if he manages to get farther than Poison_Haggis...the Assassin and the Amazon should be doable though - they're still in Normal :)

Poison_Haggis (Barbarian -Act 2 NM Lut Gholein) Playing on P8
Final Score:
Way points : 50 (+50 points)
Quests : 33 (+ 66 points)
normal finished fully equipped : 5 points
Two fully maxed skills (Throwing Mastery + Grim Ward): 20 points
Total Points = 141

Code:

141   Poison_Haggis   Barbarian   Grisu             52        A2 NM  Sewers

Code:
1327    Grisu                 64    53   141    109    324   323   313

Haft_Strafe is now approaching NM difficulty.

She's very fragile, but I didn't encounter real problems till the 5th Baal pack...Lister regenerated so fast that I had trouble to kill him. And yeah, I forgot to make some CB or OW weapon before I went for Baal, so ... :banghead:

I played on P8 the entire 5th Act safe Baal - he was done at p3 (see above: no CB...)

My 2nd obsession skill is almost maxed (Pierce) and then I'll have access to LF - finally :)

Here is my equipment with which I finished Normal:
Code:
Hellclap
Short War Bow
Two Hand Damage: 11 - 26
Durability: 27 of 48
Required Level: 27
Required Strength: 35
Required Dexterity: 55
Fingerprint: 0x5c03162d
Item Level: 36
+1 to Fire Skills
+10% Increased Attack Speed
87% Enhanced Damage
+73 to Attack Rating
Adds 15 - 45 Fire Damage
+12 to Dexterity
Fire Resist +40%

Gemmed Breast Plate
Breast Plate
Defense: 66
Durability: 50 of 50
Required Level: 5
Fingerprint: 0x137db635
Item Level: 20
+3 to Dexterity
26% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items 3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Flawed Topaz
Socketed: Chipped Emerald

Gemmed Helm
Helm
Defense: 18
Durability: 23 of 24
Required Level: 5
Required Strength: 26
Fingerprint: 0xbc1cbc92
+3 to Dexterity
13% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items 2 Sockets (2 used)

Amber Heavy Boots of Fortune
Heavy Boots
Defense: 5
Durability: 14 of 14
Required Strength: 18
Fingerprint: 0xe6e2c929
Item Level: 32
Lightning Resist +38%
18% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Ocher Heavy Gloves of Chance
Heavy Gloves
Defense: 5
Durability: 14 of 14
Fingerprint: 0x707d3a85
Lightning Resist +17%
12% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Rune Chain
Belt
Defense: 8
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Strength: 25
Fingerprint: 0x1c9014de
Item Level: 25
10% Chance to cast level 3 Nova when struck
+44% Enhanced Defense
+12 to Life
Cold Resist +21%
Lightning Resist +30%
Repairs 1 Durability in 33 Seconds

Doom Spiral
Ring
Fingerprint: 0x61fe91bd
Item Level: 28
+1 to Maximum Damage
+76 to Attack Rating
Lightning Resist +12%
Poison Resist +10%
Damage Reduced by 2
+3 to Light Radius

Ocher Ring of Thawing
Ring
Fingerprint: 0xcc809d4a
Item Level: 16
Lightning Resist +19%
Half Freeze Duration

Rainbow Amulet of Fortune
Amulet
Required Level: 15
Fingerprint: 0x2a444337
Item Level: 23
All Resistances +9
17% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Ocher Grand Charm of Life
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x7039dca3
Item Level: 23
+20 to Life
Lightning Resist +16%

Shimmering Grand Charm of Craftmanship
Grand Charm
Required Level: 10
Fingerprint: 0xf8adace4
+1 to Maximum Damage
All Resistances +8

Static Small Charm of Shock
Small Charm
Required Level: 17
Fingerprint: 0xd326eefa
Item Level: 39
Adds 2 - 12 Lightning Damage

Small Charm of Shock
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x9b6acb3e
Item Level: 31
Adds 1 - 6 Lightning Damage

Act II Prayer Merc:
Code:
Savage Partizan of Quality
Partizan
Two Hand Damage: 60 - 135
Durability: 40 of 65
Required Level: 23
Required Strength: 113
Required Dexterity: 67
Fingerprint: 0xa2fabeb6
Item Level: 50
78% Enhanced Damage
+2 to Maximum Damage

Gemmed Ring Mail
Ring Mail
Defense: 46
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Level: 1
Required Strength: 36
Fingerprint: 0x68e6c37f
Item Level: 12
+3 to Dexterity
18% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items 3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Chipped Topaz

Gemmed Skull Cap
Skull Cap
Defense: 9
Durability: 18 of 18
Required Level: 1
Required Strength: 15
Fingerprint: 0xfab23d50
Item Level: 12
+3 to Dexterity
9% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items 2 Sockets (2 used)

Now I'll have to check my equipment for things I'm allowed to wear in NM...I still have the socket quest and the personalisation from Anya, so at least I can use those to equip two items. Wish me better luck with her than with Poison_Haggis!

Score:
Way points : 40 (+40 points)
Quests : 27 (+ 54 points)
normal finished fully equipped : +5 points
One maxed skill (Strafe): +10 points
Total Points = 109

Code:
109   Haft_Strafe     Amazon      Grisu             48     A1 NM  Rogue Camp

Code:
1372    Grisu                109    53   141    109    324   323   313

Haft_Strafe, level 48 Strafe Amazon - Act 1 NM Rogue Camp next

Since my Obsession Barbarian died in NM, I decided to start up a new one and introduce to you...

Fire_Titan, the Howling Axe Titan Zerker Barb
Forum name: Grisu
Character Type: Barbarian
Character Name: Fire_Titan (2nd is probably going to be Howl, then Berserk)
First Obsession Skill: Axe Mastery
Elemental Obsession: Fire
Attribute Obsession: Strength

I know that replays were originally only allowed with a new character class, but since I already guardianed 3 others (Sorceress, Paladin, Necromancer) and have 3 more running (Amazon, Assassin, Druid) and the tournament is officially already over, I decided to give the barb another go. I hope this is ok, Wolron!

Score:
Way points : 2 (+2 points)
Quests : 1 (+ 2 points)
Total Points = 3

Code:
[highlight]ALIVE[/highlight]Score Character       Class       Forum Name        Level   Act    WP     
324   Poison_Dexter   Necromancer Grisu              86     A5 H   finished
109   Fire_Stoibear   Druid       Grisu              48     A1 NM  Rogue Camp
109   Haft_Strafe     Amazon      Grisu              48     A1 NM  Rogue Camp
53   Lightning_Sonya Assassin     Grisu             28     A3     Kurast Docks
17   GiftWeib        Amazon      waflob             16     A1     Jail Encampment
  3   Fire_Titan      Barbarian   Grisu              7        A1       Cold Plains

Bubba          Druid     Lightning Vitality   Dire Wolf    Hurricane
Fire_Stoibear  Druid     Fire      Strength   Shockwave    Armageddon
Fire_Titan     Barbarian Fire       Strength   Axe Mastery
Haft_Strafe    Amazon    Lightning Dexterity  Strafe       Pierce      Lightning Fury
Lightning-Fury Amazon    Lightning Dexterity  Plaque Javelin
Poison_Dexter  Necro     Poison    Vitality   Corpse Expl Decrepify Raise Skeleton
Rayne          Sorceress Lightning Vitality   Static Field Fire Wall
Wubbler        Druid     Cold      Vitality   Poison Creeper
Code:
[highlight][B][U][I]SEPTENARY OBSESSION Standing[/I][/U][/B][/highlight]
[U]Score   Forum Name         Amaz  Assa  Barb  Druid  Necro  Pala  Sorc[/U]
1372    Grisu                109    53   141    109    324   323   313

Fire_Titan, level 7 Barbarian - Cold Plains next

EDIT: Actually I thought about making a singer first (War Cry first obsession, then Leap, Energy as primary attribute, looking for FCR and +mana wands), but I guess that would've been suicide...especially without BO...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High