[2005] The Team HC Tourney [by Severoth]

Jan 3, 2007
DISCLAIMER: Please do NOT post in this thread yet. We still need to migrate all posts from the old thread on diabloii.net to this thread. If you want to help, feel free to do so :)

To migrate a post, use the "multi-quote" function in the original thread for all posts of one page, insert the quotes, then copy and paste the text into this thread and insert quotes from original posts (i.e. quoted quotes) manually. Take a look at the latest post in this thread to see how migrated posts should look like. Once all posts from this thread have been migrated, the disclaimer will be removed and the thread open to new posts.

This tournament has already ended. It was originally started by Severoth on May 16, 2005. The last post was made Jun 4, 2005.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

The Team HC Tourney

Apologies for those who have read the other thread, but due to the misleading title (insinuating it was Australian only) and the need to place down a more formal set of rules I decided to start the official thread. :uhhuh:

Anyway, getting right into this with the rules below.

Rules

- This is a team based tourney. A team consists of three players. These three players must be played together and cannot be leveled up by themselves. In addition the names of the characters must have the team name in their name. (This is for a future point)

- This is a hardcore Tourney. Not SC unfortunately. I am aware lag may be an issue, but this should encourage people to form teams within their local area. GO AUSTRALIA!!!

- Trading is allowed cross teams if it is so desired.

- All skills are allowed.

- The game must only be played on /players 8...even in hell.

- Atma is our muling program of choice.

- This is 1.10 no mods. Pure Diablo LOD. Firebug and all.

- All characters must be untwinked. You may trade between teams if your team agrees to it.

- If a team member dies, they can reroll or play a new character. This character can be leveled independently of the team to catch up. However this character must not have the team name in their character name. Once all the original team characters are dead you are out. This means that even if two original team members die they can be replaced to help carry the final member through.

When the team and supporting characters bite the big one all uniques and set items can be lodged into one stash. The winning team will receive everything from all teams that competed, so if alot of people play and get far you may get quite a large stash. 👍

Scoring

- 1 point for each WP
- 1 point for each quest
- 4 points for becoming Destroyer
- 6 points for becoming Conquerer
- 8 points for becoming Guardian

However, points are only scored for original team members. So if you lost everyone but one team member in normal, you would be at a severe disadvantage since you would be earning alot less then if a team takes two of their members into Nightmare or Hell. This could mean as well that an entire wipes at the start of Hell, but beats a team that partially wiped in Normal. So be careful, and it isnt over until everyone dies!

Sign below and include your timezones so we can all help assemble teams for everyone. Signups go until the 22nd of May and then the competition kicks off. You dont have to disclose your build until you and your team start on Day 1.

Anyway;

Severoth Sydney, Australia
Slothman Sydney, Australia
ahcw Colorado, America
shermo Australia
tinantlu Nebraska, America
Mage11 Western Australia

This sounds fun. Like tinantlu, I'm from Nebraska. I'm a student, but I'm pretty flexible on my playing hours. In addition, I've only got a few weeks left.
Might be interested. :)
Nightfish, Europe.

Available in the evening mostly. Not every day, though. If I participate I'm probably best grouped with people that don't want to get through the game in one week.
I'm very interested in this.

Avaible time: Everyday 3am to 6pm GMT

So we are allowed to rerun areas as many times as we like?

Snuva
Re-runs are allowed as many times as you and your team want. I dont expect people to not pause around Hell Meph and Baal whilst they try and gear up for the smash through Hell on /players 8.

I won't put a closing date on this tourney until we are more of the way through and we are narrowing down to a couple of teams left. That should mean that no one feels the need to rush through. Remember, the game must be done on /players 8 at all times.

If an untwinked team want to try and rush into hell without much equipment...well more power to them. :) But it might be the last thing they do. 👏
You forgot to mention twinking rules. I assume (and hope) that this is untwinked.

Snuva
I'm so up for this :D Hailing from Newcastle-ish, Australia, I'm ready to play. Weekend sessions would be better if we could... I'll be hitting some reasonable hardcore schoolwork soon, and some weekend gaming would be a nice stress relief.
Woo hoo this sounds fun. As Severoth already showed, I'm up for starting a team of midwestern US members since I live in Colorado :). I'm not sure if the teams are chosen at random or if we are allowed to pick our teammates or what, but if you two Nebraskans or whoever wants to start a group then PM me. Oh and I can host for my team as well :).
Added in that its an untwinked tourney. Of course you can trade between teams if you feel that they may have something that you need. :)

Just to clarify feel free to start creating teams if you want to, it will make it easier at the end of the week if half the people are already in teams. :)

I will leave it up to everyone to organize their own teams since it will make it easier.

Personally Im currently leaning towards one or two nightly sessions during the week, and a solid session on Sunday. I dont rush as well, I like to wander through the game at a leisurely pace since its hardcore. :) So if any Australians like that style of gaming PM me and we can create a team. :)

Post in here when you have a full team with the members and team name so people know that you arent open for a team.
This sounds like fun! Illiana, Europe. As for the rest, I might as well quote Nightfish:

Nightfish said:
Available in the evening mostly. Not every day, though. If I participate I'm probably best grouped with people that don't want to get through the game in one week.

That's true for me as well.
How do you play, illiana? Fast, not so fast, etc? Maybe we should team up being in the same timezone with similar availability and all.
shermo is a new zealander n00b! :D

i'm in.
newcastle-ish australia too.
Slothman and I are teaming up and when we have one more we will name our team and start discussing builds.

So if you are a meandering type of player who is looking to do a couple of nights in the week and a healthy dose on the weekend buzz us and we will induct you into our team with a vicous hazing. 👍
Severoth said:
Slothman and I are teaming up and when we have one more we will name our team and start discussing builds.

So if you are a meandering type of player who is looking to do a couple of nights in the week and a healthy dose on the weekend buzz us and we will induct you into our team with a vicous hazing. 👍
SAH! as long as you or he can host you can count me in. if you wish for me. :D
The first team is done. :)

Severoth
Corax
Slothman
Hmm, I forgot to mention my playstyle. Well I play pretty slowly, running to town and selling all the random junk I pick up for gold as often as I can :uhhuh: . I don't like to rush through (especially since this is HC..) so I plan on keeping the pace slow and (hopefully) deathless :).

P.S. 5 bucks says corax makes a dr00d :p.
dang, kick the nzler out :D

I'm used to playing with 500+ping so I can team up with Americans if needed. I'd still like to join up with some aussie's if possible, or maybe I can convince MAAM and Slayer to get Team Kiwi together
shermo said:
dang, kick the nzler out :D

I'm used to playing with 500+ping so I can team up with Americans if needed. I'd still like to join up with some aussie's if possible, or maybe I can convince MAAM and Slayer to get Team Kiwi together
call it team sheepie. i dares ya.
Well this sounds fun, I'm interested Sweden Europe calling for team members.

I would like to team up with Fishy and Illiana if that's ok with you two

DX
Do I hear europe? ^_^ DX, you up for another try with teh fish? :teeth:

edit: Ya, that's okay. :) you beat me to the punch with your edit. ;)

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High