[2005] The Green Mean Fighting Machine [Pvp Tournament by Mankey]

Jan 3, 2007
DISCLAIMER: Migration finished :)

This tournament has already ended. It was originally started by skunkbelly on Sep 5, 2005. The last post was made Oct 22, 2005.
(link to original signup thread on diabloii.net)

(link to original progress thread on diabloii.net)

The Green Mean Fighting Machine

A PvP tourney with a twist.... :D

General Rules
* This will be vanilla D2 version 1.11 (thanks for pointing that out Violetstar)
* Please try to be polite.
* Duelling takes place in Nightmare difficulty.
* Potions, wells, shrines and mercenaries are not allowed.
* The only minions allowed (with the exception of the Amazon’s decoy) are those that can be summoned in town. Other minions, like the Necromancer’s revives, skeletons or magi, are not allowed.
* Duels only start when both parties have clearly stated their readiness.
* Characters requiring arrows or bolts must have their full supply on their character (in their hand, inventory or Horadric Cube). They will not be allowed to return to town if they run out of arrows or bolts during a duel, although extra quivers may be dropped just inside town to facilitate easier replenishment between duels.
* Leaving the Blood Moor is a loss for you

Equipment Rules

* Only Set Items may be used! (charms & socketing are still ok)

* Bugged, hacked or duped items cannot be used
[highlight]Edited per request - AE[/highlight]
* Items with the “Slows Target by X%†modifier are not allowed on physical-damage attackers (for example, Cleglaw’s Claw). A caster character like a Necromancer or Sorceress, however, can use Cleglaw's Claw or other items with the “Slows Target by X%†modifier if they want.
[highlight]Edited per request - AE[/highlight]
* Items with the “Knockback†modifier are not allowed on any character class. Skills that provide a knockback effect (for example, Smite, Bash, Charge or Leap Attack) are still allowable.
* Total Life Replenish from items and skills combined is limited to 25.
* Poison damage is limited to 200 from items, per player. Poison damage from skills (for example, Venom or Poison Nova) is allowed in any amount.

Faster Run/Walk Restrictions

* Amazons may use a maximum of 90% total faster run/walk from items.
* Assassins may use either a maximum of 45% faster run/walk from items and any level of Burst of Speed, or 110% total faster run/walk from items and cannot use Burst of Speed. Trap Assassins however, may not have over 90% total run/walk including Burst of Speed.
* Barbarians may use a maximum of 75% faster run/walk from items and any level of Increased Speed or Frenzy, or 110% total faster run/walk from items but cannot use Increased Speed or Frenzy.
* Druids may use a maximum of 110% total faster run/walk from items, plus any benefits from Feral Rage.
* Necromancers may use a maximum of 90% total faster run/walk from items.
* Paladins may use a maximum of 75% faster run/walk and any level of Vigor or Charge, or 110% total faster run/walk from items and cannot use Vigor or Charge.
* Sorceresses may use a maximum of 90% total faster run/walk from items.

Banned Skills

The following skills are not to be used at any stage of a duel. They may have points invested in them as a pre-requisite for higher-tier skills or for synergy benefits.

* Bone Prison (Necromancer)
* Decrepify (Necromancer)
* Blessed Hammer and Concentration at the same time (Paladin)
* Holy Bolt (Paladin)
* Holy Freeze (Paladin)
* Blaze (Sorceress)
* Teleport (Sorceress)

Skill Restrictions

The following skills are capped or have limitations regarding their use in duels.

* Bone Spirit (Necromancer) - It cannot exceed 33 skill points with Bone Necromancers. Bone Necromancers are defined as a Necromancer that has more than 20 total natural points in Bone Spirit synergies. Both gear and charms can be used to boost it to no higher than level 33.
* Bone Armor (Necromancer) - It cannot be cast more than once per duel.
* Cyclone Armor (Druid) - It cannot be cast more than once per duel.

Points and winning.

Tier A- Trap Assassins, All Paladins, Casting Sorceresses
Tier B- Casting Necromancers, Bowazons/Hybrids, Melee/Throwing Barbarians, Wereform Druids,Elemental Wind Druids, All Specialty Characters (PM me if you think you qualify :p )
Tier C- Non-Trap Assassins, Fire Elemental Druids,
Tier D- Warcry Barbarians, Melee Sorceresses, Melee Necromancers, Melee Amazons

Note: Any character using a full expansion class specific set will be classed as Tier B, regardless of build unless they are already in Tier A.

Tier A characters entering will be given 0 starting bonus points.
Tier B characters entering will be given 5 starting bonus points.
Tier C characters entering will be given 10 starting bonus points.
Tier D characters entering will be given 15 starting bonus points.

Example 1: if someone enters their character, MattedFur the Armageddon using Werebear, they belong in Tier B under “Wereform Druids†unless his Armageddon is his main source of killing power. If that is the case then he would be put in Tier C under “Fire Elemental Druidsâ€.

Example 2: if some one enters their character, KingArthur the Zealot he would be in tier A... If he opts to use full griz set, he's still tier A due to being a paladin.

Winning
The first person to win three rounds is declared the victor. There could potentially be 5 sub duels to determine the winner. Everyone needs to keep a close watch on their own points so no mistakes are posted by others. Points will be awarded as follows.

5 points for the winner, the first to reach three sub duel wins
3 points if you won two sub duels
2 points if you won one sub duel
1 point for no wins

Prizes:

So far I'm donating a full IK set for the 1st place slot... We'll see what else we can get going :)

You may duel anyone in the tourney once. Setting up duels and facing others is your own responsibility. MSN is the standard messenger of use... But I primarily use xfire now... Please post your prefered method of contact.

This thread is for sign ups and thoughts. A progress thread will be started latter once the tourney starts. As of now the dates are set for Sept 18th to Oct 2nd (Pacific Standard time: -8 GMT)

PS: A big thanks to Liquid Evil and Kabal for getting me into SP PvP and for providing the info for me to blatantly copy :eek:

Also this has been posted on other fourms... I will act as thier ambassador and post thier contact info here, if they are not members of the SPF.

Hope to see you on the moor!

Last edited:
Note: These are posts #2-20 from the original signup thread.

necrolemming said:
Rawr.

My MSN is in my profile.

BTW, I read the thread @ GO and didn't find anything regarding this - are facets allowed in sockets?
(Psst it wasn't at GO ;) )

And I'm doing a bit of live editing now with Kab :lol: But yes facets are allowed, providing of course that they are socketed in a set peice.
Contradiction here:

Mankey said:
Example 1, if someone enters their character, Peapod the Passion-wielding Sorceress that takes advantage of the Zeal or Berserk skills; they belong in the “Specialty Character†class in Tier B. However, if Peapod decides to use the Hand of Justice runeword rather than the skill-granting Passion, then she would be entered in the Tier D category under “Melee Sorceressâ€. You are not considered a Specialty Character unless you actually use a skill from another class.
If runewords are allowed, melee sorceress should be in Tier A. Double Dream Enchantress is nut!

I will suggest prohibiting pre-buffing, unless the item is on weapon switch. i.e. Players are not allowed to get items from cube to cast Enchant, Valkyrie, Golem, or Shadow in town, then swap to battle gear and head outside. Perhaps give barbies a chance to Cry before duel start, considering pallies can cast HS in town. Lastly, you may want to state the patch used. 1.10 BoneMancer >>> 1.11 BoneMancer.

IMO:
1. Since Blessed Hammer and Concentration can't be used at the same time, HammerDin should belong to lower Tier.
2. KickSin should belong to Tier A.
3. Full Aldur should belong to Tier C or even D.
4. Lightning Javazon (Charged Strike) should belong to Tier A.

By the way, I'm never interested PvP :)
Thanks for catching that. No rune words are allowed. and this will be vanilla d2 (not that it really matters all that much since the most popular mod is RWM... and no runewords are allowed :cool: )

BH is still magic dmg... And pallies have some interesting possiblities... But I'll leave that there.

Kickers won't have the best of boots to pick from, and CS requires a javalin or spear... AFAIK there are no set equivalents to those :p

Aldurs isn't required for druids... But it's up to that char to use it. Yes I'm forcing you to be creative :)

Maybe you should give it a try... You'd be surprized at how much fun it can be.
So if I customize all my equipment with the same name, it becomes part of a set right?

TUB's Breath of the Dying
TUB's Enigma
TUB's Beast
etc.

:teeth:

Tiers look good to me so far, although kick-sins and warcry barbs should be Tier Fail since the lack of elite set boots and FCR means these characters are pretty much FUBAR'ed. All javazons, wolfbarbs, and ww-sins should be part of Tier Nonexistent since there's no set javelin, no Chaos, and no Wolfhowl.
Mankey said:
Kickers won't have the best of boots to pick from, and CS requires a javalin or spear... AFAIK there are no set equivalents to those :p

Aldurs isn't required for druids... But it's up to that char to use it. Yes I'm forcing you to be creative :)
That's rite! I forgot that most popular kicking boots are elite uniques and that there are no set javelins. That pretty much eliminates Javazon, doesn't it?

Yes, Aldurs aren't required, but by putting them in Tier B will greatly discourage any Droods for using them.

I meant to say this, but somehow I cut it and forgot to paste it back.
Iron Maiden should be prohibited :(
kabal said:
So if I customize all my equipment with the same name, it becomes part of a set right?

TUB's Breath of the Dying
TUB's Enigma
TUB's Beast
etc.
As long as they are green... But then I'd have to ban you for h4x :bonk:
The poison damage from items restriction means no IK Barb.... :(
(The weapon with the full set on has +204 over 6 seconds)
javcek said:
The poison damage from items restriction means no IK Barb.... :(
(The weapon with the full set on has +204 over 6 seconds)
I knew I would have missed something silly.

This rule is mainly aimed at charms (or if some one wanted to p emeralds in their weapon or something)

Full IK is admissible, but no ADDITIONAL poison damage may be added to that character
necrolemming said:
And I'm up for donating another class-spec set or two for prizes.
Yay for nubby :worship:

And btw how rude of me.

Mankey84 (at) hotmail (dot) com = MSN info
mankey = xfire

Entering a Tier B character :D
I'm in. :D

I'm not sure what char I'll use yet. I'll have to think through this.
Interesting.

Makes me want to break out Nefarious.

But better not. :D
Sounds fun, I'm in on this.

My msn is in my profile

DX
Frosty, I agree with nubby that you should join. It's 2 against 1 now so you must join and conform to the tyranny of the majority. :p

I'll be joining with a tier A character, msn is kabal264 at hotmail.
are people allowed that have found some of their items in RWM? If so i will join. Unsure of character, I will try to get someone to give me a griz's shield if i can join.
cool idea!

wow! cool idea. i haven't been around that much, but this is one hell of an event i won't miss. anyways, i believe i got the rules right. i think i could conjure a working PvP char before the start date.

also, how you guys doing? i haven't played 1.11 yet, and i curse you guys for bringing me back to this accursed game :rant: .

I think i like the looks of this. let's see if i can do better than last time :D

it would seem cathans and angelics are the only ring options :eek:
FodderCannoned said:
are people allowed that have found some of their items in RWM?
Me thinks not. Vanilla -> RWM is ok... RWM -> Vanilla isn't. Same as reverting back to 1.10 once you've played a character in 1.11. Can't go back.

Edit: Corax, thats what makes this so interesting :p
I installed RWM. but all ive done so far is made a test spirit(unused)
am i still alright to enter?
corax said:
I installed RWM. but all ive done so far is made a test spirit(unused)
am i still alright to enter?
So long as the entering character itself (and all of their items) haven't gone into a RWM game... then they are still vanilla :) thus enterable (sp?)

Note: These are posts #21-40 from the original signup thread.

w0000.

prepare to beat me alot!!!!!
What if we have the RWM installed, but haven't made any runwords yet? Can we still play? Its not like the RWM gives us Uber drops or anything.
jrlafrance said:
What if we have the RWM installed, but haven't made any runwords yet? Can we still play? Its not like the RWM gives us Uber drops or anything.
A rule stipulating 'no using RWM runewords' would be the same as 'no using ATMA', would it not?
edit: no teleport for barb against casting necro or driud=suicide :(
Wanted to join but i guess I'll pass this one ;)
edit2: I'm in :rolleyes: d*@*.lt
LvL ** ww barb Lets have some fun
Darkwell said:
A rule stipulating 'no using RWM runewords' would be the same as 'no using ATMA', would it not?
Not sure what you mean by that. If we can't use ATMA, its highly unlikely that someone has a full set of anything UNTWINKED. Even if I'm using RWM, all that was stated was no runewords. I'm assuming that means no RWM runewords, not all runewords?
XDoomasX said:
Hardly.

jrlafrance said:
Not sure what you mean by that. If we can't use ATMA, its highly unlikely that someone has a full set of anything UNTWINKED. Even if I'm using RWM, all that was stated was no runewords. I'm assuming that means no RWM runewords, not all runewords?
In this tourney no runeword, regardless of version, can be used.
maybe we have enough support for a RWM division?
XDoomasX said:
Wanted to join but i guess I'll pass this one ;)
Get any non-tele'ing casting necro or druid, I have a non-tele'ing barb for you to take on.
When is this going to start? I want to try this, but it may take some serious Paladin powerleveling.
Well, I've never tried PvP, and am not sure how much I'd like it. But, I might give it a try, just to find out.

I downloaded, and have been playing 1.11 RWM, but my pre-existing 1.10 characters haven't played it yet, so it sounds like they're good.

I guess my Frenzy Barb with BOTD and Enigma is out. Sigh. So, is my Zealot with Baranar's and HoZ. Sigh. But, I do have my own IK Concentrate Barb(albeit sans armor), and it sounds like he'll work. And, a complete Tal's Sorc, who might, too.

I don't use MSN messenger, by habit, though. I do have it, though. I use ICQ.
Billybgame said:
I guess my Frenzy Barb with BOTD and Enigma is out.
He's out for so very many reasons. :rolleyes: Pardon if I'm bringing up something that has already been covered elsewhere, but you may want to check up on the forum's policy regarding hacked/duped runes and joining in MP games pretty dang quick. Just a thought.

In other news, I'll be joining with a Tier B character. 👍

My preferred method of contact would be the forums, but I think I have an MSN account. I guess my name is w*@*.com, or something like that. If it is different, I'll let you know.
whomhead said:
He's out for so very many reasons. :rolleyes: Pardon if I'm bringing up something that has already been covered elsewhere, but you may want to check up on the forum's policy regarding hacked/duped runes and joining in MP games pretty dang quick. Just a thought.

In other news, I'll be joining with a Tier B character. 👍

My preferred method of contact would be the forums, but I think I have an MSN account. I guess my name is w*@*.com, or something like that. If it is different, I'll let you know.
No duped runes here. I'll try to not take that as an insult, as I abhor cheaters, hackers, dupers and pkers. The Guild I came from KFO was as legit as you can get. I joined it to get away from the idiots of the realms. And, from that Guild's armory, or in our games, all of the items on my previous IP/Open characters came.

It's truly sad that the said idiots, cheaters, dupers and hacks have made it that every person who has rune word items is looked at with a skeptical eye.

Hence, I'm glad to be here in SP land, where my legit charaters can be free from them, still, yet live on.
The consensus around here is that Open characters and items are as good as hacked or duped (and most likely they are, just like most high runes on bnet are dupes). In a forum built entirely on trust I think you'll find few people in the MP or trade scene that will embrace Open items.
kabal said:
Get any non-tele'ing casting necro or druid, I have a non-tele'ing barb for you to take on.
How true...:(

Tubby's killed me more times than I want to even know about now:(

But TBH, a barb with Beast/enigma/BOTD should beat a necro whose most expensive item's a HOTO most of the time anyway
jrlafrance said:
The issue isn't the runewords themselves. Since they aren't allowed. The issue is simply the possible taint via MP. Like stated previously.

Although exceptions were made for SPL to duel in SP games in 1.10... So I'll have to talk with a few people and gather my thoughts. Stay tuned :)
Mankey said:
The issue isn't the runewords themselves. Since they aren't allowed. The issue is simply the possible taint via MP. Like stated previously.

Although exceptions were made for SPL to duel in SP games in 1.10... So I'll have to talk with a few people and gather my thoughts. Stay tuned :)
my argument is that it provides no advantage for the vanilla player, since that you are not questing, mfing, or leveling with them. Also most of us that have rwm have found most of the items prior, 1.11 hasn't been out that long, I haven't mfed yet since i have installed rwm, but about half of my items have been "tainted" by rwm by being on characters that are using runewords from it. I still have a stash with quite a few 1.10 items that i haven't used after my upgrade, but not enough to get a viable pvp character, mainly because I have used most of my good charms on one character or another.

although i completely understand if you decide to not allow people that use rwm
FodderCannoned said:
although i completely understand if you decide to not allow people that use rwm
I don't MP or play PvP, so my opinion is rather unimportant I imagine... but what the heck.

Those of you that decided to use game mods seem to have to pay the price here. This tournament aims to pit legit, non-modded chracters against each other. If you've gone the route of making the game easier with mods, too bad, you're out it seems. Maybe a modded PvP tourney will appear at some point. :rolleyes:

@Billybgame - your high-end runewords acquired in Open are 100% suspect. Zods are amazingly difficult to come by legitimately. Sorry.
w000. my planned items have never seen action so yay. :D
tier b for me. prepare for a wooping
AlterEgo said:
I don't MP or play PvP, so my opinion is rather unimportant I imagine... but what the heck.

Those of you that decided to use game mods seem to have to pay the price here. This tournament aims to pit legit, non-modded chracters against each other. If you've gone the route of making the game easier with mods, too bad, you're out it seems. Maybe a modded PvP tourney will appear at some point. :rolleyes:

@Billybgame - your high-end runewords acquired in Open are 100% suspect. Zods are amazingly difficult to come by legitimately. Sorry.
I understand where you are coming from. That's why I joined my Guild years ago. I wanted the online experience, but wanted to be free of the bad stuff. The Guild I joined was 100% cheater free. That was the entire basis of the Guild. We had security systems in place to detect cheaters. All of my Open gear was either found, or traded for, within this Guild. I GUARANTEE you, they are legit.

I know I've never seen a Zod. But, we had some exemplary, longtime Diablo players in our Guild, that could have found one. All I know was if it was not legit, it would not have been in our armory.

No big deal to me, though. They're just my Open characters, and I'll play them, on my own.

I guess my point is do you think that EVERY Breath of the Dying out there is duped? I'm sure there are some that are legit. But, I understand. How do we know which they are?
Mankey, I think I shan't join the tourney. Took me long enough to kick this game out of my system.

Getting my encouragment revoked won't be a nice idea either.

The name of my mage comes into mind. o_O"

edit: Hihi Sint!!1!1

Note: These are posts #41-60 from the original signup thread.

:lol:

I actually HAVE an all green pvp machine.. however, I currently don't have internet at home. Any info on when this is going to happen? If it's in a month orso then I might be able to join up. :)

ps. If it's in a month or so I might even be able to create a new character just for this... hm... need to think on that one :p
frosty said:
Mankey, I think I shan't join the tourney. Took me long enough to kick this game out of my system.

Getting my encouragment revoked won't be a nice idea either.

The name of my mage comes into mind. o_O"

edit: Hihi Sint!!1!1
LOL! Kind of sad that I'm the only one who gets the joke though :-/

@ Sint: Nice to see you around, here is the time frame.
This thread is for sign ups and thoughts. A progress thread will be started latter once the tourney starts. As of now the dates are set for Sept 18th to Oct 2nd (Pacific Standard time: -8 GMT)

As far as the RWM users... You will be able to participate. Some things though. All games hosted must be vanilla d2. Since no rune words are allowed I'm not going to worry about gear. Since the prizes are vanilla though, I'd like to see them stay as such.

I think that about covers it all. :) I'll be needing to get some practice in soon :-X
I will donate a 1.10rrm tiara delerium(can this be a prize?), a 1.10rrm BK mythical sword, 4 1.10 rrm jav skillers, and a 1.10 rrm steel pillar.

I also have 2 rrm/rwm cold skillers, and a rrm/rwm grandfather that i will donate.

I am entering tier A.

Thanks mankey, and i can send you those 2 stashes if you pm or post your email.
*dreams once again about how well a tesladin whit gris and all sockets filled whit lightening facets would do in pvp*

won't happen though, since i am *somwhat* short on facets :p
Mankey said:
As far as the RWM users... You will be able to participate. Some things though. All games hosted must be vanilla d2. Since no rune words are allowed I'm not going to worry about gear. Since the prizes are vanilla though, I'd like to see them stay as such.
Cool, I'm not in quite yet though...I need clarification on the rules. Can we wear other items, other than the set items, or is it set items only? ie, if a set doesn't come with boots, does that character go bootless?
From the "You have two ring choices" I assume that you can only equip set items, since I can't imagine that anybody would pick straight Cathan's or Angelic.
I'm pretty sure you can mix and match set items, JR. So if you don't have boots in whatever set you want to wear, just get them from a different set.

I have a question as well. Facets are OK? What about those with 100% ctc something upon death?
I don't think any duels are going to come down to level 48 Meteor on death. I could be wrong though. Besides, they killed you, so clearly you didn't win...

I don't know jack about duels though. Maybe there are implications I can't imagine.
twoflower said:
*dreams once again about how well a tesladin whit gris and all sockets filled whit lightening facets would do in pvp*

won't happen though, since i am *somwhat* short on facets :p
It'd do about as well as a naked punching paladin, except a lot more expensive and infinitely more pathetic.

To answer other questions, I'm positive that mixing of sets will be allowed. Otherwise you would have to leave certain equipment slots empty.

As far as both people dying in a duel, the one who dies last according to the order of death message on the host machine is the winner.

Edit: All facets are fine in standard dueling, and unless Mankey specifies otherwise I'd assume they're fine here as well.
kabal said:
As far as both people dying in a duel, the one who dies last according to the order of death message on the host machine is the winner.
So it isn't considered to be bad manners to have die facets equipped? That's basically all I was worried about.
whomhead said:
So it isn't considered to be bad manners to have die facets equipped? That's basically all I was worried about.
Nope :D

There will always be a clear winner, as pointed out by Kab. And yes if your set lacks a gear slot, pick another set to borrow from... As long as your only riged up in green your all good 👍
kabal said:
It'd do about as well as a naked punching paladin, except a lot more expensive and infinitely more pathetic.
Actually.. in these settings you don't have a decent way of getting any +max lightning resistance OR absorb... so a tesladin could be doing pretty decent damage. :) (IE getting rained down an average of about 100 dmg per hit at 4 fpa can hurt quite fast...)

EDIT: I'm still not sure about being able to make the time table... need to figure that one out.
Oh and you can't offer a delerium help as a prize stash, against the forum rules... unless, you take out the runes and give away the tiara :D
No restrictions for Iron maiden? example Metal grid amulet charges.
On tier B duels it's very powerfull...BvB...
XDoomasX said:
No restrictions for Iron maiden? example Metal grid amulet charges.
On tier B duels it's very powerfull...BvB...
A) Metalgrid is a UNIQUE amulet
B) it's not always going to be BvB
C) IM isn't very powerful PvP
D) Charges can't be used by characters if the skill is not native to that class (In standard dueling... In any case no set has charges AFAIK... So it's a bit moot point)
E) your tier is irrelevant to your opontents, what it does help is give some of the "weaker" builds a head start in points :p
Mankey said:
A) Metalgrid is a UNIQUE amulet
B) it's not always going to be BvB
C) IM isn't very powerful PvP
D) Charges can't be used by characters if the skill is not native to that class (In standard dueling... In any case no set has charges AFAIK... So it's a bit moot point)
E) your tier is irrelevant to your opontents, what it does help is give some of the "weaker" builds a head start in points :p
A) I never denied it
B)Sometimes ;)
C)Powerfull to give someone an edge over other player
D) you didn't stated that rule in your first post...
E) Got it :p
I still don't get what the issue is... You can't use a metal grid anyways.

Mankey said:
Equipment Rules

As far as D) Is concerned, because there are no set items with charges on them. I omited the rule.
Sint Nikolaas said:
Actually.. in these settings you don't have a decent way of getting any +max lightning resistance OR absorb... so a tesladin could be doing pretty decent damage. :) (IE getting rained down an average of about 100 dmg per hit at 4 fpa can hurt quite fast...)
The problem is that zeal is such a terrible skill in general dueling that any paladin build that relies on it would automatically be near the bottom of the PvP food chain, and as a general rule elemental attacks are the weakest since they're usually resisted at a minimum of 75% (as opposed to 50% for physical and 0% for magic). Even in a setting with no +max/absorb, most characters wearing a full set can get maxed resists in NM with charms and the Anya quests and some can even get enough defense so that the tesladin will have trouble landing a hit with is low AR. From my experience I'd say that an elemental zealot would perform considerably worse than a fanatic zealot, and fanatic zealots perform pretty poorly to begin with.
Mankey said:
I still don't get what the issue is... You can't use a metal grid anyways.

As far as D) Is concerned, because there are no set items with charges on them. I omited the rule.
Oops ;) now I get it...never mind my posts then :D
And why has thread fallen to page 3? You're not staying on top of things Mankey. :rolleyes:

I didn't know that the Griz set takes 148 str to wear, so none of my palidins can use it. I'll have to think of a Plan B.
Sorry RL pwns me... but onwards :D

As of now our little list looks as follows...

1. Mankey- Tier B
MSN = *
Xfire = *

2. Necrolemming
MSN = *

3. Kabal- Tier A
MSN = *

4. essojay

5. DX-Crawler
MSN = *
Xfire = *

6. FodderCannoned- Tier A
MSN = *

7. pesot
MSN = *

8. corax- Tier B

9. XDoomasX- Tier B
* (not sure if it's e-mail, msn, or both)

10. whomhead- Tier B
MSN- *

11. Zhao_Yue
MSN- *

12. Drac0
MSN- *
Xfire- *

13. Solaris
MSN- *

14. mjortman
MSN- *
Xfire- *

15. mr Voodoo
MSN- *

16. Mactar
MSN- *

Pending interest?

javcek
jrlafrance
JicamaEater
Billybgame
colony
Sint

Note: These are posts #61-80 from the original signup thread.

Mankey said:
Sorry RL pwns me... but onwards :D

As of now our little list looks as follows...

1. Mankey- Tier B
MSN = *
Xfire = *

2. Necrolemming
MSN = *

3. Kabal- Tier A
MSN = *

4. essojay

5. DX-Crawler
MSN = *
Xfire = *

6. FodderCannoned- Tier A
MSN = *

7. pesot
MSN = *

8. corax- Tier B

9. XDoomasX- Tier B
* (not sure if it's e-mail, msn, or both)

10. whomhead- Tier B
MSN- *

11. Zhao_Yue
MSN- *

12. Drac0
MSN- *
Xfire- *

13. Solaris
MSN- *

14. mjortman
MSN- *
Xfire- *

15. mr Voodoo
MSN- *

16. Mactar
MSN- *

Pending interest?

javcek
jrlafrance
JicamaEater
Billybgame
colony
Sint
Yeah, I said I'd be willing to give it a try, though I've never done PvP before. I've got two characters that have a lot of set items. I'll have to rethink the slots that have uniques, I guess, though.
Can we use more than one character? I mean have more than one entrant?
Billybgame said:
That will be very hard, what if you face yourself in a semi final? Maybe more importantly, what if you use one character to eliminate your other characters opponent (by giving them more losses or anything).. 1 entrant per person I guess.. It's upto mankey though.
Count me in. I'll be playing a paladin, and thus in Tier A

Just to clear things up: Our equipment can come from any set, and thus we don't have to use ALL of a set if we want one piece.

I know it seems like a no brainer question, but I'm clearing it up for myself and others.

Also: Any level restrictions?

crg
Billybgame said:
As sint pointed out, it can get rather messy. So I'll have to say no.

@ CRG, yep any green item, partial or full :D... And no level restrictions, but if we see a lvl 99 duelist... :rolleyes:
Mankey said:
Pending interest?

javcek
Sint
I was interested for a while; then I remembered I have a bad internet connection... :confused:
As for dueling format, talk to Kab and see if set you up with format like that of the Ear Cutting PvP tourney (for posting on net). Then the top 16 go at it, seeded NCAA style in single-elimination match dueling. That would be great, and work nice and cleanly.

crg
necrolemming said:
Lemming is probably going to be playing a tier b char.

I think everyone in here is l33t enough that they don't need any more items, but if there's anyone who is interested but needs a high-end class set item, post here and I can provide you one.
Ditto for me. I think I have at least one spare of every expansion set except for Griswold's and Cow King, so if you need that one elusive piece of gear to complete your unstoppable killing machine you know what to do.

@javcek - Your connection shouldn't be too big of a problem as long as the host has a good connection. Lemming has a 28kbps modem and he can join in on duels and MP games just fine.

Finally, I'll be donating this to the prize stash:

Mang Song's Lesson
Archon Staff
Two-Hand Damage: 83 to 99
Durability: 18 of 26
Required Strength: 34
Required Level: 82
Staff Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x7765481d
Regenerate Mana 10%
30% Faster Cast Rate
150% Damage to Undead
+5 to All Skill Levels
-13% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-7% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-15% to Enemy Cold Resistance

If you didn't have a good reason for joining this tourney and trying to win, you have one now. :D
Crazy Runner Guy said:
As for dueling format, talk to Kab and see if set you up with format like that of the Ear Cutting PvP tourney (for posting on net). Then the top 16 go at it, seeded NCAA style in single-elimination match dueling. That would be great, and work nice and cleanly.

crg
Well the big issue with that one is... the Ear Cutting PvP tourney never officially ended :lol:

Although it's a good thought... Although as of now there are only 16 players :D But I like it, and with the prize offered by Kab, we'll at least have a First and second place "Trophies" (BTW The full IK set I'm entering will be personalized to "TGMFM_XPlace" or somthing along those lines)
Im in.

a) Is this EXP (LoD ?).
b) Chars that use full exp sets goto teir b ? :confused:.
c) mikle_pikle (at) hotmail.com
d) Teir b for me.
e) Prepair to be pwned MWHAHAHAA.

ps. Do i need do donate something ??

- ocau_mikle
A) Yes
B) Chars that use full class specific sets (Tals, IK, Trangs, mavs etc, this is to try and add some diversity...)
E) Excellent!

And no donations are required. I will probably raid nubbys stash for a 3rd prize :lol: and leave it at that.

Edit: FFS thats what I get for playing between posting. me = pwnt
kabal said:
The problem is that zeal is such a terrible skill in general dueling that any paladin build that relies on it would automatically be near the bottom of the PvP food chain, and as a general rule elemental attacks are the weakest since they're usually resisted at a minimum of 75% (as opposed to 50% for physical and 0% for magic). Even in a setting with no +max/absorb, most characters wearing a full set can get maxed resists in NM with charms and the Anya quests and some can even get enough defense so that the tesladin will have trouble landing a hit with is low AR. From my experience I'd say that an elemental zealot would perform considerably worse than a fanatic zealot, and fanatic zealots perform pretty poorly to begin with.
hey, I managed to kill a few people in the last round.

I'm away for this one but I'll put something up for the giveaway. Too bad RWs are disallowed :D

edit: I'll be donating a full tal's for this one
I would like to join this one. Would be my first PvP experience, so that would be some easy points for the rest of you guys.

Are 1.07 charms allowed?
tweety said:
Are 1.07 charms allowed?
NEVER!!! Well, arn't 1.07 items like.... crazy ?

- ocau_mikle

PS. I will be donating a mysterious item...... I dont think it will be much of use as the people partisipating are all rich.
Usually only the 1.07 vita items are explicitly banned (Arkaine's, Shako, GF), so everything else is considered OK for the most part. IIRC +max damage was both a prefix and a suffix on charms in 1.07 so GC's could get a max of +40 dmg and SC's could get a max of +10 dmg. At first glance it appears that they're much more powerful than their 1.09/1.10 counterparts, but consider the fact that the 1.07 max damage charms can't have another useful suffix like +life. Given the choice between a +10 SC from 1.07 or a 3/20/20 SC from 1.10, I'd take the latter most of the time.
tweety welcome aboard :) This setting can be a bit more forgiving for the new PvP player (Well I hope anyways, that was the intent) 1.07 charms are allowed... As are 1.07 set peices if you wanted to :p

Please note I typo-ed Mactars MSN info it's actually Icthy2001 (at) hotmail (dot) com

@ Shermo: Thanks for the offer, I'll be PMing you my e-mail address.

If anyone doesn't have thier contact info in: MSN, Xfire, or if you prefer PM/ Email info would make getting these duels done easier. Also you don't have to post your character or build... But if I could get starting tiers from everyone that would be much appriciated as well. I'll be making a site to keep track of points and such soon.

Also the prize pot has been extended to:
Mang Song's Lesson (Provided by Kabal)
Immortal King - Barbarian Set (Provided by Myself)
Tal Rasha's Wrappings - Sorceress Set (Provided by Shermo)
Trang-Oul's Avatar - Necromancer Set or M'avina's Battle Hymn - Amazon Set (Provided by Necrolemming, isn't this an interesting way to make a request ;) )
And a special prize for the most deaths... Death's Disguise Set! (Provided By Myself)

I have a feeling this is going to round out the prize pool. With 1st place getting first dibs, and moving down the line. Also the first 3 weeks are going to be the round robin portion of the tourney. I'm extending the tourney for one week afterwards to sort the Elimination style rankings :) Top 16.

1st place in points vs 16th and so forth.

Oh boy I'm going to have to do a lot of personalization rewards soon.
After looking through my gear, I've decided to enter. After coming in last place last PvP, hopefully with the restraints this time, I can compete better!

j*(at) * (dot) net
jrlafrance on MSN Messenger
I'm submitting a Tier B character
hmmph, I havent never PVPed, and I will pass this, but if I would someday join these kind of tourneys, what is cosidered of melee sorc, and I can I use full sigons with angelic sicle plus jewerlys? 2 rings and amu,

or full angelic, with all the rest of sigons am I still at class D?
I can donate an Aulder's and M'vinda's Set (w/o bow) if you want to spread out the donations.
dasbomba said:
hmmph, I havent never PVPed, and I will pass this, but if I would someday join these kind of tourneys, what is cosidered of melee sorc, and I can I use full sigons with angelic sicle plus jewerlys? 2 rings and amu,

or full angelic, with all the rest of sigons am I still at class D?
Yeah that would give you tier D entry. A melee sorc is one that doesn't cast. Most offten enchantresses (In this tourney only set peices are allowed so some of the other more exotic builds can't be used, Like a zealing enchantress or a masteries enchantress with vengence from kingslayer)

@ Zhao- Aldurs will work :)

@ Nubby- The thought of having all 7 as prizes never crossed my mind, but would be nice... The big baddie is going to be griz set though :(
Sending them to my gmail would be great. (BTW thanks for pluging the deaths set :D )

@ jrlafrance- Welcome aboard 👍

Note: These are posts #81-100 from the original signup thread.

I thought of trying an unusual build but I got lazy and decided upon an easy build.

I will be entering with a Teir B entry.

<Trashtalk>
I am somewhat confident I will pwn you all!
</Trashtalk>
Zhao_Yue said:
<Trashtalk>
</Trashtalk>
I wondered when that was gonig to start.

Onto some more pressing news for the tourney though.... We are kicking off this sunday, the 18th.

www.freewebs.com/tgmfm is the tourneys site, in the event that the forums start acting up again all the relavent info is there.

Lastly Shermo has offered a griz set to the prize pool, making 6 full sets in 👏
Zhao_Yue said:
<Trashtalk>
</Trashtalk>
you don't stand a chance
FodderCannoned said:
you don't stand a chance
Neither do you! :p.

- ocau_mikle
Yes, I will not make the tournament. Real life has taken me by surprise this midweek and I still haven't got internet access from my own pc. I'll never be able to get it in time, nor within 3-4 weeks.
Good luck to all!

ps. I had a 4k life, 20k+AR maul bear, ~5fpa, ~1-2k dmg with 100% DS. enough fhr, 75% block and all res 75.
Fear.
Sint Nikolaas said:
Yes, I will not make the tournament. Real life has taken me by surprise this midweek and I still haven't got internet access from my own pc. I'll never be able to get it in time, nor within 3-4 weeks.
Good luck to all!

That's too bad, I was looking forward to mopping the floor with your silly dueler.

Sint Nikolaas said:
ps. I had a 4k life, 20k+AR maul bear, ~5fpa, ~1-2k dmg with 100% DS. enough fhr, 75% block and all res 75.
Fear.

You achieved this with only set items? Do tell how this is possible.

@Everyone else - What comebacks were those? I guess winning will be easier than I thought. :lol:
Crap.. I did make a mistake (I was looking trough alot of dueling chars, so the 100% DS is out of the question offcourse.

However:
Bean - Maul Druid
level ~83 or so.. not sure..
Skills:
Lycantrophy
Werebear
Maul
HoW
1 in Grizzly/Poison Vine
Pre-reqs: 5
Rest: Cyclone armor.

Gear:
Aldurs set, socketed with ias
Whistan's Guard
Angelic amulet + 2 angelic rings
TO belt
Not sure about my gloves... :rolleyes: thought it were magnus skins orso..

Inventory
Filled with life, AR, fhr and fr/w charms

Pretty straight foreward build.. the whistans ensure that I don't need alot of dex to maintain 75% block and the rest of the gear doesn't require much strength. Werebear and Lycantrophy both give life bonusses and the set even gives a couple of skills alongside the other sweet stuff.

Allthough maul isn't that great of a skill damage wise (it will take you 20 hits before you're at max damage) it will give good stun duration, making it a very viable weapon. The damage on the club isn't great, but along with HoW it turns out pretty good seeing that you can achieve good speed with it :)

ps. If you really think you can ''mob the floor'' with my guy, pm me your setup and I can take a look .. seriously though I won't laugh ;)
Dammit Manks, you let this fall to the second page again. And since we're on the topic of trash talk...

Zhao_Yue said:
@Everyone else - What comebacks were those? I guess winning will be easier than I thought. :lol:

Do you really think I would put a Mang's up for grabs if I'm not absolutely confident that I'd win it back?
@Sint: I have checked the Werform IAS calculator and you get 8/7 FPA speed with Shaeled Aldur's rhythm. It's possible to have 5 FPA animation with Griswolds Caddy, but not with Aldur's.
kabal said:
Do you really think I would put a Mang's up for grabs if I'm not absolutely confident that I'd win it back?
Geez Kab, you had me laughing there for a few moments. The symbolic fist shaking or name-calling would have been more intimidating. :lol:

I.e. You young whipper-snapper, I'll get you good!
Sorry about the last minute question, but can we pre-buf with non-green items?
kabal said:
Dammit Manks, you let this fall to the second page again.
WTF noe! The SPF blew up again :mad: I've only now been able to get the page up.

jrlafrance said:
Sorry about the last minute question, but can we pre-buf with non-green items?
Nope :p

A small bit of news... 2 people droped due to not having the time... I'll updated the website tonight to reflect that. And should have the standings page done as well.

@Zhao- I too am confident I'll be keeping my deaths set!!11!ONE!1 [/end evul laugh]
I wouldn't be too confident in that...I don't think I recorded a single victory in the last PvP tourney... :(
jrlafrance said:
Mankey said:
@Zhao- I too am confident I'll be keeping my deaths set!!11!ONE!1 [/end evul laugh]
I wouldn't be too confident in that...I don't think I recorded a single victory in the last PvP tourney... :(
Actually we have a few new entries this time around, so at least you have a slight edge of 1 tourney under your belt.

I've been in a few, and one of these days I'll make a real PvP char.
Hrus said:
@Sint: I have checked the Werform IAS calculator and you get 8/7 FPA speed with Shaeled Aldur's rhythm. It's possible to have 5 FPA animation with Griswolds Caddy, but not with Aldur's.
Is that german calculator wrong? Meh.. 7 is slow man :p
Just a reminder.

The 18th is this Sunday, and your free to start your duels then. 👏 I'll be making a new thread on Sunday for braging and updating your score 👍

Edit:
Missing Tiers
Lemming (confirm Tier B?)
pesot
Zhao
Drac0
mjortman
tweety (as well as prefered method of contact)

And www.freewebs.com/tgmfm has been slightly updated... I'm working on the standings page right now... But while I can still edit... tossing this in :p
I made a shiny new MSN, its tweety_d2 (at) hotmail (dot) com and my character is in tier A.

One more question, how do you guys handle the Anya bug, do you restart the game after someone dies, or should I just not die ;).
tweety said:
I made a shiny new MSN, its t* (at) *(dot) com and my character is in tier A.

One more question, how do you guys handle the Anya bug, do you restart the game after someone dies, or should I just not die ;).
Don't die :D

But seriously, I just usually have +30 resistance over what I need to hit 75% in NM thus anya bug doesn't affect me since I'm not relying on her for my resistances.
my msn is broken. that makes me sad

i need to finish leveling my char :eek:
corax said:
my msn is broken. that makes me sad

i need to finish leveling my char :eek:
psst, thats why I got teh xfire :eek:

Standings page is now up... Hope all is well... I really should try and lvl a bit more.... but I think I'll pass :p

Note: These are posts #101-108 (final post) from the original signup thread.

My entry is still in Teir B.
I took my character into NM and killed Baal and his minions solo with absolutely no problem at all. Is this a decent gauge to see how my character will perform PvP?
Jrla, I usually check my characters against Andariel and Baal. Not just to see if I can kill them (since with a true pvp'er Andariel dies within a couple of hits) but also if I can stand around without getting hurt much, see if my block is good enough and if my res are good. FHR is really nice to check in andy's room since it's usually packed with fallen and the likes :)
I could put up a practice game if you wish. Experience is the best teacher.
Sint Nikolaas said:
Jrla, I usually check my characters against Andariel and Baal. Not just to see if I can kill them (since with a true pvp'er Andariel dies within a couple of hits) but also if I can stand around without getting hurt much, see if my block is good enough and if my res are good. FHR is really nice to check in andy's room since it's usually packed with fallen and the likes :)
Are you talking about NM Andariel? She's even easier than NM Baal!

Zhao_Yue said:
I could put up a practice game if you wish. Experience is the best teacher.

Ahhh, how true. The only thing I see wrong with it is the element of surprise will be lost...
so the tourney has started has it not?
ok. i k33l j00 s00n then. need to finish off my char first:O
I will be withdrawing from this tourney, due to real life issues and time committments.

crg

Note: These are posts #1-20 from the original progress thread.

TGMFM Progress Thread

And we are off!

http://www.freewebs.com/tgmfm/ (Note: link dead)

The original thread can be found here
anybody up for some duels now.

i cant host
I'm hosting right now.

IP: 84.87.68.54
first results are in

vs. tweety: 3-0 - lose
vs. Ocau_Mikle: 3-2 - lose

very good start so far :(

tweety just walked in and trounced me. whereas in the end ocau victory came down to a timely desynch and me not counting my win where he lagged. lucky bugger 👍

@mankey: ocau needs to be updated to a tier A character.
Next result:

tweety vs. Ocau_Mikle 3-0

I'm starting to like this stuff

tweety vs. Solaris 3-1

Game down for now.
If anyone is available for a match, let me know and I'll host a game.
I can host a match right now.
Game up again

IP: *
3-0 against tweety
3-1 against nubby
0-3 against zhao

I'm getting progressively worse. o_O
Zhao slays Lemming 3-1
Zhao slays Kabal 3-0
Tweety slays Zhao 3-1 (he used his lag skill very wisely)
So 0-3 against Lemming

0-3 against Kabal

3-1 against Zhao *takes off running shoes*

and game down.
aww damn i just missed out
corax said:
aww damn i just missed out
You would get slaughtered anyway :)
tweety said:
You would get slaughtered anyway :)
:rolleyes: whatever cheesey nub.
come to think of it. im a higher standing than j00 anyway :lol:
I hear DX is having hosting problems, so I'll put up a game for him.

IP*

I'll be afk for a bit.

Edit:
3-0 against corax (just like everyone else)
3-0 against DX
vs kab: 3-0 - lose
vs lemmeh: 3-0 - lose
vs. dx: 3-0 - win....wtf

:lol:

i r pwn. took over 10 mins though. hahaha great duels dx 👍

tal sorcs r cheesey nubs
Who's up for some matches, I can host.
Standings page has now been updated, time to work on my hosting issue. :mad:
Oops, forgot to mention a result:

3-0 against jrla
Alright, who's ready to rumble. My hosting is available.

Note: These are posts #21-40 from the original progress thread.

kabal said:
Oops, forgot to mention a result:

3-0 against jrla
Thanks Kab, you could have just forgotten about it! lol Anyone hosting right now?

EDIT: IP address Zhao?
Vs Jrl 3-0
Vs Zhao 0-3

:eek:

Looks like I'm going to have to work at it to rank
3-0 win against DX

and

3-0 win against Jrlafrance
Loser to:

Mankey 0-3
Tweety 0-3
Mactar 0-3
Zhao_Yue 0-3
3 Wins this evening:

3-0 jrlafrance
3-0 Mankey
3-1 Mactar
Zhao_Yue said:
Game down.
vs Mactar: 3-2... lag pwned me hard in the last 3 matches... D/Ced in the last battle and I was dead upon rejoining, but a rematch was given, I and came out the victor... weeee!
and another one bites the dust :)

3-1 win over Mr Voodoo
If anyone is available for some matches, I can host right now.
another one bites the dust...again...me

vs voodoo: 3-0 lose
vs Zhao: 3-1 lose

was a very close thing against zhao. was getting him well under half each time. i believe i should of called my character sir robin :lol:
2 more wins:

3-0 vs Mr Voodoo
3-1 vs Corax

Good effort but you guys should walk more - taking 90% of your life in one pass is a bit much. Corax did surprise me with a good strategy. 👏

tweety is sounding a little bit too cocky.
Updated upto now, and I'm availible to be pwnt providing you can host -_-
quick i need a host so i can pwn mankey

@Zhao: walking made precious little difference. walking i could take 3 hits rather than 2 and walking i got ww'd alot more. Whenever i thought you were going to land one though i hit the wall button.... *grumbles* damn desynch ww's
necrolemming said:
Lemming will probably be around in ~2 hrs. Anyone hosting? :D

What's the status on the hosting crap manks?
I fixed it! :D

So now my hosting status = avalible
Mankey said:
Updated upto now, and I'm availible to be pwnt providing you can host -_-
Actually you need to fix those 0's. People that lose 3-0 get 1 point (for good efforts).
currently 2-0 me over manks. but i got a black wall of dooooooom
then he had to go. ill get you next time monkeh :lol:
That's the Mr. T anger speaking there...

1 win this morning

zhao slays OCAU_MIKLE 3-2

The combination of untimely stomache cramps and a few lucky hits by mikle made it an unusually close one.
1 more win

zhao slays Solaris 3-0

You guys need to do your matches to rack up the points. I don't want to win by default!

Note: These are posts #41-60 from the original progress thread.

Zhao_Yue said:
That's the Mr. T anger speaking there...

1 win this morning

zhao slays OCAU_MIKLE 3-2

The combination of untimely stomache cramps and a few lucky hits by mikle made it an unusually close one.
[Pirate Voice]
Arrrr twas a good effot indeed!
[/Pirate Voice]
Seriously, your insane man! That last duel was soooo dodgy. 100% accurcy against my 21k def!!!!

- ocau_mikle
And we are updated.

Sorry about bailing last night, but as expected the power did cut out... :-/
So... I am still in this tourney. I swear! I'm trying desperately to level my char enough to be viable. He's currently lvl 72, so getting there. Hopefully y'all don't burn out before I get there.
OCAU_MIKLE said:
[Pirate Voice]
Arrrr twas a good effot indeed!
[/Pirate Voice]
Seriously, your insane man! That last duel was soooo dodgy. 100% accurcy against my 21k def!!!!

- ocau_mikle
I said it once and I'll say it again - sometimes walking is a good thing.

@whomhead - If you need leveling just let me know and I'll help you out - I do not wish my victims to get away so easily. :uhhuh:
Zhao_Yue said:
@whomhead - If you need leveling just let me know and I'll help you out - I do not wish my victims to get away so easily. :uhhuh:
Ditto. Mjortman still needs a few lvls as well... But hes at work now :p

Baal runs are always a game I'm willing to host 👏
I just gotta get TO Baal first. Then I'll do all sorts of Baal runs. I've only just collected the Staff, so it might be another day or two before Baal runs can begin.
Unless you accept a rush from me :D
Stupid forum down all the time :(

Mankey was vaporized 3-0
3-0 against manks
i need help lvling! Im lvl 73 :eek: :eek: :rant: And in need to duel more!

- ocau_mikle
zhao slays dx 3-0
i haven't been on in a while but i will get my duels in, I still need to borrow the tals set as i gave mine away, but it should be no problem, and i should be dueling soon.
Whoops I forgot to post. :-X

vs DX 3-1
Edit: Game down, no takers...
If anyone needs to duel, let me know I can host.

I'll but updating the standings upto this post later on. :)
Standings updated to now. My hosting is availible if need be.

PM sent to drac0/ pesot about thier status.

Mjortman, FodderCannoned, and whomhead are still putting finishing touches on thier characters.

And I still need to finish off duels with corax 0-2 IIRC and OCAU_MIKLE (which I don't remember the score :( )
Edit: Game down

Sol whips my *** 0-3
He is on MSN right now, actually he's in my baal game to be exact :D
'game down.' is ten chars :lol:
It's actually turned into a bunch of hammerdins killing each other.

Note: These are posts #61-80 from the original progress thread.

Zhao_Yue said:
It's actually turned into a bunch of hammerdins killing each other.
And what good fun that was! 👏

vs OCAU_MIKLE 3-2

Comeback of the day! from 0-2 I won the next 3 to go on to victory X_x
3-0 against solaris
3-0 against ocau
Adding finishing touches to my ww barb ;)
And getting ready to be pawnt ;)
Site standings updated to now.

@XDoomasX: Good to hear although you just missed a full house of a game :(

Anyways, I'm -8 GMT (pacific cost USA) If that makes scheduling time in the moor any easier.
Mankey: 2-0 win. to be completed
Necrolemming: 0-3 lose
Kabal: 0-3 lose
DX-crawler: 3-0 win
FodderCannoned:
pesot:
XDoomasX:
Whomhead:
Zhao_yue:
Drac0:
Solaris:
Mjortman:
Wr_Voodoo: 0-3 lose
Mactar:
Ocau_pickle: 2-3 lose
Tweety: 0-3 lose
Jrlafrance:

If i haven't posted a score for j00 i still need to kill you. and finish off manks.
damn manks.

anyway up for a game now? only have until next saturday to finish my duels as i'll be away fro a week and a half

GMT +10
Allright guys I have to recieve a lot of ear anputations( maby even make some :D ) Sooo who will be the first chalange? ;)

p.s I cant host.

edit: oh and my msn is d*@*.com (using it first time so i think I should be online right now) :D
Game up at

IP *
3-0 against xdoomasx
tweety said:
Game up at

IP *
3-0 win over xdoomasx

Game down
Learned some important things when duealing all those sorcs. :lol:

48 faster run walk hurts, and no cbf items hurts even more :(

edit: oh DX-crawler > Me 3-0 :(
Are you available for another duel xDoomasx?
Standing updated.

Nubby's points have been fixed and people are moving up on the boards 👏

Which from where I sit makes things interesting
Zhao slays xDoomasx 3-0

Mankey said:
Standing updated.

Nubby's points have been fixed and people are moving up on the boards 👏

Which from where I sit makes things interesting

It's about time people started moving up, it's getting lonely at the top. :eek:
Looks like i'll recieve that deaths set...
I wish i signed up with my leaper wich is much better designed for Ik set usage :( Now i'm forced to use bul-kathos sword with 20 skill points in axe mastery :lol:
vs Mr_Voodoo 1-3

Oh boy, I'm not doing so great :D
Unfortunately, since I can't seem to figure out how to get my new internet connection to play nice with the router, I can't MP and will have to withdraw from this tourney. :(
aww i wanted my revenge
Can you join games whomhead?

I can host a game to see if you can join... Since quite a few of us can't host, thats fine... But you should still be able to join :)
Thinking of hosting a game to get some more duels in... Post if interested.

Edit: Also unless there is any objection... I'd like to allow a late entrant.... Liquid Evil!

(That is assuming he can rig a PvP char in all green before this thing ends :lol: )
Thanks for the invite but I don't think I have time right now though I'd like to. The idea is fresh and original (just like you mankers ;) ) but I haven't played D2 in months, would need to outfit a char (that would prolly still suck), and need to upgrade my 1.10 patch. So, I suppose I'll see you in the next one, thanks for the thought though. Best of luck to all the participants. Pwn manks for me.

Note: These are posts #81-100 from the original progress thread.

LE and I are just scared really, we make up all kinds of excuses not to participate.

Or....

You guys are lucky we can't join up.

You pick :D
Yeah right ....

I'll just be extra aggressive against you two in the next tournament for running away with you tail between you legs. :lol:
Mankey said:
Can you join games whomhead?

I can host a game to see if you can join... Since quite a few of us can't host, thats fine... But you should still be able to join :)

Actually... I can! I joined Sleep's game last night briefly, so if I get some Baal runs in, I may yet be able to participate. Anyone want to host Baal runs tonight? :)
whomhead said:
Actually... I can! I joined Sleep's game last night briefly, so if I get some Baal runs in, I may yet be able to participate. Anyone want to host Baal runs tonight? :)
Well try this again tonight :D
anyone up for some killing now. i have 2 n a bit hrs before work

what jewelry are you wearing manks?
corax said:
anyone up for some killing now. i have 2 n a bit hrs before work

what jewelry are you wearing manks?
Game down.

vs Corax 0-3
vs. manks: 3-0 for t3h win

*starts singing mc hammers cant touch this*

also i would like to point out that manks is h4x. 28 life replenish :eek:
WTF not h4x... just bad at basic math :D

wait... :'(

Anyways ring adjusted -_-
ban ban that nub :lol:
You should already know that Trang's gives 25 life replenish .. so ban that haxor!
I'm backing off the torney :(
RL problems is biger than I expected...

Everyone should writte down + 5 points against me in standings table.
Good luck guys 👍
Well it looks like anyone that is going to duel, has done so by now. So unless there are any objections, I'd like to move the top 8 into the elimination portion of the tourney. 👍
surprise, surprise...another loss 0-3 to necrolemming.
Standings updated. As corax is in the top 8 but will be gone for the next 10 days, his duels will have to wait. Although all other dueling may commence :)

And yes it does look like it's me vs nubby. How fitting.
So the playoffs have officially started?

Who do I duel, Mactar or Mikle?
Mr Voodoo is out :) 3-0 victory.
Zhao_Yue said:
So the playoffs have officially started?

Who do I duel, Mactar or Mikle?
Go with Mikle :D

Also I'm out.

vs Nubby 2-3 Had him to 1 HP and he OHKOed me :( We'll at least I made a decent showing this time around :p
Needing the full 5 games to beat manks should count as a loss. :p

I guess I'm stuck in the first round until nubrax returns from wherever he is currently.
kabal said:
I guess I'm stuck in the first round until nubrax returns from wherever he is currently.
Or you could just count it as a victorie :D

Its me against Lemming in the semifinal, interesting two blizzies. This time I better take the Anya bug into acount.
Let me know when you are available OCAU_MIKLE so we can set something up.

Note: These are posts #101-117 (final post) from the original progress thread.

sorry that i haven't been able to duel at all, I have been really busy with school; I haven't been able to play at all in the last month and I am probably done with D2 until christmas break, which is to bad too, the only reason i was playing this summer was to get items for dueling.
Sorry about this.
FodderCannoned said:
sorry that i haven't been able to duel at all, I have been really busy with school; I haven't been able to play at all in the last month and I am probably done with D2 until christmas break, which is to bad too, the only reason i was playing this summer was to get items for dueling.
Sorry about this.
No worries. It seems I picked a bad time, although from the sounds of it... It's been well received. I may yet host this again :lol:
Mankey said:
No worries. It seems I picked a bad time, although from the sounds of it... It's been well received. I may yet host this again :lol:
That anxious to be pwned again ... now that's enthusiasm! 👏
Zhao_Yue said:
That anxious to be pwned again ... now that's enthusiasm! 👏
Sif, I've been moving up the ranks with every passing tourney 👍 One day I shall be the pwner!!11*

*aka as long as I'm not in last place
Mankey said:
Sif, I've been moving up the ranks with every passing tourney 👍 One day I shall be the pwner!!11*

*aka as long as I'm not in last place
Well if we compare your tourney finishes to a sports league, I'd imagine it'd go something like this:

SPTN tourney: Dead last in league
Ear Cutting Olympics: Missed playoffs
TGMFM: First round exit in playoffs

At this rate, you'll be champion in another 3-4 tourneys (when everyone else quits :p).
zhao slays Milke 3-1

zhao thursts for kabal's blood ...
tweety slays lemming 3-0 👏
An update! Now we are just waiting on nubrax to come back...
i got to the playoffs. all ph34r the awesome pwnage of an aldurs druid.

im coming for j00 kab :evil:
Mankey is busy with RL issues at the moment, so I'll be helping Melchior (from SPTN) run the tourney in the mean time.

@corax: Let me know when you can duel so you can get pwned like a good little nub.
3-0 against corax

@Zhao: I think we're up next, so just find me on MSN.
*glove slaps kab....gets annihilated* thats about how it went.

GL against Zhao. k33l th4t n00b
Unfortunately I have some bad news:

The directory where I kept my D2 files were lost so I have no characters or items. Indirectly that will mean the end to my D2 playing. :(

Kabal, you just earned a free pass to the finals, so make the most of it!
Zhao_Yue said:
Unfortunately I have some bad news:

The directory where I kept my D2 files were lost so I have no characters or items. Indirectly that will mean the end to my D2 playing. :(

Kabal, you just earned a free pass to the finals, so make the most of it!
:(

I'm sad to see you go, even more so because you were one of the few active PvP'ers around. If you change your mind, I can definitely replace the gear on your tourney char and even the char itself if you give me a week or so, although I'm not sure about the charms. For that matter I should be able to replace the vast majority of the items you've lost on any of your characters.
Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll take a break (at least for a short) to take care of some RL issues. Building all those PvP did consume a large amount of time/effort. I think I had like what, 15 or something like that? :eek:

(As an aside: transferring my good charms between them each time I wanted to change duelers was such a hassle.)

There's only one thing left to do, beat tweety to get vengence for me!
Sorry to hear your out Zhao, I was looking forward to pwning you again ;).

Last time against Kab doesn't give me much hope for the final, but you never know.
The tourney final just finished, with me beating tweety 3-0. I'll just be claiming my Mang's back (which I was too lazy to send to begin with), and anyone claiming prizes should just post here.

GG and thanks to all those who participated.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High