[2005] The Darts Tournament [by Tasdaz]

Jan 3, 2007
DISCLAIMER: Please do NOT post in this thread yet. We still need to migrate all posts from the old thread on diabloii.net to this thread. If you want to help, feel free to do so :)

To migrate a post, use the "multi-quote" function in the original thread for all posts of one page, insert the quotes, then copy and paste the text into this thread and insert quotes from original posts (i.e. quoted quotes) manually. Take a look at the latest post in this thread to see how migrated posts should look like. Once all posts from this thread have been migrated, the disclaimer will be removed and the thread open to new posts.

This tournament has already ended. It was originally started by Tasdaz on Oct 7, 2005. The last post was made Nov 9, 2005.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

The Darts Tournament - Sign up & Progress Chalk Board

Rules:

1. Characters can be HC or SC, but when you die in SC, you are eliminated and must post your final exp score. Characters can be 1.10, 1.11, 1.11b. RWM & RRM mod are accepted (see below though).

2. The player with the most exp gained is the winner. The tourney will end when interest in playing falls off. This is a leisurely tournament to be played at any pace. The prize is to be determined. But definitely won't be a meat tray! Though a selection of Diablo Horn, Andariel Thigh, Duriel Breast, Mephisto Claw and Baal Rump sounds quite mouth watering!

3. You may participate as often as you like and you can have up to 3 active characters, but they must be of different classes.

4. Only the following equipment is allowed:

Your darts

Throwing knives & balanced knives and their exceptional/elite versions. Normal/magical/rare/unique/set/socketed/crafted varieties are permitted. The weapon must be thrown & cannot be used melee style. Barbarians may equip darts in each hand if they really want to show off!

Your dart board

Buckler, Small Shield, large Shield, Spiked Shield (you fancy upper class you!!), Necromancer heads, and their exceptional/elite versions only. Normal/magical/rare/unique/set/socketed/crafted varieties are permitted. It's got to be round, it's a dartboard remember, except for those morbid necros, in think you get bonus points on their boards for getting a dart in a nostril! Sick or what!

Your necklace

It's darts, you're going to the pub, you'll have that big gold chunky chain around your neck, or that pretty little petite one. Magical/rare/unique/set/crafted varieties are permitted

Your belt

Got to hold in that beer gut with something and those lovely ladies love nothing better than showing off their latest fashion accessory! The official dart tournament belts have convenient slots for all your drinks. Wearing a belt with only a necklace and your darts & dart board may well become the latest fashion style in Sanctuary! A non magical belt of any style is allowed.

Charms

These can be carried in your backpack. Your trophies from your admiring crowd. Albeit the fans you "accidentally" kill from a stray throw!

Items may have charges on them, but the charges cannot be used. CTC items are permitted (show off!).

Runes, gems, jewels & runewords can be used but you cannot use runewords from the RWM, only those available in SP 1.10 & 1.11.

5. Only the following skills may be used:

Amazon – Critical Strike & Slow Missiles
Motto: I know exactly where to throw the darts to inflict maximum damage, and it isn't at the bullseye

Necromancer – Amplify Damage & Bone Wall
Motto: Stand up against the bone wall while I practice throwing darts at you!

Sorceress – Frozen Armor & Enchant (rule addendum #3: Sorceresses may place points in the Warmth Synergy for Enchant. )
Motto: my darts are red hot and flaming to the touch – just like me

Barbarian – Throwing Mastery & Double Throw
Motto: I can wield a dart in each hand. Now that's tough.

Druid – Raven & Heart of Wolverine
Motto: My darts can fly and caw and steal lovely jewels. You want to question them... they'll take your eye.

Paladin – Smite & Holy Freeze
Motto: Don't like my dart throwing abilities hey – well how do you like my dart board bashed against your head then

Assassin – Psychic Hammer & Burst of Speed
Motto: I'm a head butting queen on speed – get out of my way

You may place points into these skills only. Pre-reqs have to be met, obviously. No points can be placed in synergies unless it is 1 point as a pre-req.

6. Stat points can be used as desired.

7. You may mule on and off the character, but only items found by that tournament character. You cannot twink new characters. You are permitted to mule on 1000 gold to buy your first set of trainer darts (throwing knives - Gheed sells them under Misc).

8. Characters starting with less than 21 dex (minimum for using their trainer darts) may use their initial starting weapon to level to 2 but then must use stat points to raise Dex to at least 21. From then on, only darts may be used as per equipment allowed.

9. You may gamble for allowed equipment. Everyone one at the pub has a flutter on something. Try and hit the jackpot on the Gheed's Fortune poker machine!

10. No trading or MP allowed.

11. Any players setting may be used. Areas/Bosses may be re-run as often as you like. No requirement to finish all quests or get all waypoints. It's all about darting things!

12. Scrolls and Tomes of town portal are not permitted and cannot be used at all. You are playing darts & drinking, why the hell do you want to go home to your nagging spouse? You may use a waypoint, a provided portal from a quest or a portal shrine. Think of them as a toilet break!

13. You can use any merc you want to and they can be resurrected. You may equip your merc with an appropriate weapon. Think of him/her as your personal body guard. You are famous now, being in the darts tournament and all, and you're going to need protection from your adoring stalker fans! Of course he loves being naked too but is also a real groover as loves to wear his hat backwards. No armor is allowed but a backwards cap (helm) is. (rule change in post #3)

13. If your best friend, your Merc dies, you cannot resurrect her. You don't want to get caught two timing now do you? She can't be equipped either, but can have drinks.

14. If you find (like I did) that you forget to repair your darts and they run out. Well um, that's going to be fun. Buy some new ones if you have enough money or start a brawl and try and fight some money from the crowd. You can use fists to get enough money to buy some more darts or die trying. Good luck, they're a tough crowd!

15. From time to time, there will be a pub quiz. I will ask some questions, give a time period and the winner will get a lovely shiny prize that they can use. These prizes will be in the form of a choice of a unique/set/rare item your character or merc can use. If you die with the item equipped, it is lost. I'll send a sympathy card though (not – I'm cold hearted! – ha ha ha)

16. Most importantly - Have fun!

Original ideas/intro thread is here

Rules additions:

17. No save & exit to escape death.

18. To face off against some of the better dart players (i.e. Act bosses), you will need to go home to get well prepared and kiss your loved ones goodbye as you may never see them again, being the affectionate type you want to return for several kisses! You may use town portals during an act boss fight

Last edited:
Note: These are posts #2-20 from the original thread.

The following are the current entrants and their standings. Three cheers to Warrior for a big early lead!

"I'm going to take him", BeerBreath mumbles, "one way or another he's going down that do gooding Paladin".

Code:
[U][B]Pos  Exp          Level   Char Name       Forum Name         Class[/B][/U]
1    188875       15      Warrior         Warrior of Light   Paladin
2    16863        ?       TripleTwenty    Spludge            Sorc
3    1            1       DrunkenPikle    OCAU_MIKLE         Necro
4    1            1       BeerBreath      Tasdaz             Barb
5    1            1       TrueBlue        Flamerrows         Paladin
6    1            1       DoubleTop       Atil               Barb
7    1            1       Bubba           Tohanry            Barb
8    1            1       Fromthewrist    Tweety             Sorc
9    1            1       Triple_Seven    Artagas            Sorc
10   1            1       DrunkenSOB      InMYWay            Barb

This will be the hall of fame, those that died playing the game they love the most!

Code:
[B][U]Exp          Level   Char Name       Forum Name         Class[/U][/B]

I will allow the 2 current builds, as they have both penalties & advantages which hopefully even out since the rule changes. You must abide by the new rules now, and cannot synergise any further and you can't use a Pally shield anymore (boo hiss from the crowd). W.O.L can use might still as I don't think it should matter too much and he has already gotten so far.

Whoever posts the best intro judged by me gets these two starter items:

Nokozan Relic
Amulet
Required Level: 10
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 59
Fingerprint: 0x432a7d9d
Fire Resist +50%
+10% to Maximum Fire Resist
Adds 3-6 fire damage
+3 to Light Radius
20% Faster Hit Recovery

Septic Large Charm of Life
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 9
Item Level: 24
Fingerprint: 0x43411b48
+8 to Life
+10 poison damage over 3 seconds

Posts must be done within 1 day of this post day/time. Judging will be final & if you don't agree... well too bad!! :D Atil is winning so far!
Some rules changes:

13. If your best friend, your Merc dies, you cannot resurrect her. You don't want to get caught two timing now do you? She can't be equipped either, but can have drinks.

Sorceresses may place points in the Warmth Synergy for Enchant.

I think that will be it for now, unless there are major problems or inbalances.

Thanks for your input 👏

BeerBreath was a bit of a loner as a child. As the other barbarian children played with their bigaxes and swords and polearms, he liked playing with his little knife. It was his best friend in the world. He would take it everywhere with him, and he was shunned for it. It became too much for him, all the ridicule and name calling so he ran away. He took his favorite knife with him of course and he soon learnt to throw it well. He travelled the far and wide scavenging food and living of whatever he could find or kill.

One day on his travels he walked into a small town called Tristram. In this town he found a delightful tavern run by a wonderful bar keep, Ogden. BeerBreath asked if there was any work, but alas there was none. BeerBreath sat and had an ale, his favorite drink of course and told the barkeep his life story.

"Hold on a sec" the barkeep said. "If you are so good with your knife, here try this dart and see how well you can throw it."

He took the dart and threw it at a strange looking board. He hit it dead middle, in the bullseye.

"Amazing" said the barkeep, astonished. The barmaid Gillian looked at him and smiled. "We have a darts torunament starting soon, maybe you could enter and win some money that way"

"If that lovely lady is here", Beerbreath was referring to Gillian, "I will win and buy her a house and we will live together and be happy always" She smiled broadly.

That night the Barkeep let BeerBreath stay for free as he felt sorry for the Barbarian and his sad story. He slept well and the next day he awoke to a glorious day. He greeted Ogden and Gillian and ate his first real breakfast for ages.

"I will repay you both" he said "when I win the darts tournmanet."

"Go see Griswold the Blacksmith. He will make you a pair of the darts that are hard to beat." Ogden told him. And so BeerBreath went to see him.

"A barbarian. In Tristram, I thought it was a lie that it could be so. Be gone from my premises you will get no help here." Poor BeerBreath was in shock. He knew that his kind were not easily accepted, but after the generosity at the tavern he thought it would be alright.

He went back to the tavern and was very upset and angry. "That Griswold" he thought to himself. "I'll get him one day". He had a too many beers that day and went to bed early, still very angry and very very drunk.

The next day he woke to mayhem. The town had been destroyed except for his room in the cellar and he slept through it all. What a drunk he is!!!

He walked around the town. Ogden & Gillian were no where to be seen, though he knew their fate was already sealed. He kept walking and then out of the corner of his eye he saw Griswold. He was corrputed and evil looking.

"Right" BeerBreath yelled. "Your time has come Blacksmith. I will have my revenge on you". With that he pulled out his darts Ogden lent him to practice with and lined Griswold up. "This is personal!"
Tasdaz said:
The following are the current entrants and their standings. Three cheers to Warrior for a big early lead!

Code:
Pos Exp Level Char Name Forum Name Class
1 188875 15 Warrior Warrior of Light Paladin
2 40348 8 Triple_Seven Artagas Sorc
3 16863 ? TripleTwenty Spludge Sorc
4 1 1 DrunkenPikle OCAU_MIKLE Necro
5 1 1 BeerBreath Tasdaz Barb
6 1 1 TrueBlue Flamerrows Paladin
7 1 1 DoubleTop Atil Barb
8 1 1 Bubba Tohanry Barb
9 1 1 Fromthewrist Tweety Sorc
10 1 1 DrunkenSOB InMYWay Barb
This will be the hall of fame, those that died playing the game they love the most!

Code:
Exp Level Char Name Forum Name Class
2 more quick suggestions:
1) while this should go without saying in a competition, the rules should clarify that there is no save&exiting to escape any unpleasant situations
2) would one be so lucky to make it alive, to our best drinking buddy, Duriel, he should be allowed to use a tp for the fight, to at least have some theoretical chance to win it.
Code:
Pos  Exp          Level   Char Name       Forum Name         Class
2    48819        9       TripleTwenty    Spludge            Sorc
3    40348        8       Triple_Seven    Artagas            Sorc
4    1            1       DrunkenPikle    OCAU_MIKLE         Necro
5    1            1       BeerBreath      Tasdaz             Barb
6    1            1       TrueBlue        Flamerrows         Paladin
7    1            1       DoubleTop       Atil               Barb
8    1            1       Bubba           Tohanry            Barb
9    1            1       Fromthewrist    Tweety             Sorc

"I want that one, please"

"But it's purple!"

"I don't care, I want it, please"

"But it's covered in spikes!"

"I know it's purple, I know it's covered in spikes, but I want it, Gheed, and my money's good, so if you don't sell it to me right now, I'll shove these compact darts so far down your throat that for the next month you could kill a zombie when you cough."

"One purple spikey dartboard coming right up!"
Tasdaz said:
5. Only the following skills may be used:
Paladin – Smite & Holy Freeze
Tasdaz said:
I will allow the 2 current builds, as they have both penalties & advantages which hopefully even out since the rule changes. You must abide by the new rules now, and cannot synergise any further and you can't use a Pally shield anymore (boo hiss from the crowd). W.O.L can use might still as I don't think it should matter too much and he has already gotten so far.
Most my damage was elemental, so level 1 might wasn't much helpful. Also naked hireling is doing next to nothing with her 3-7 damage with Might.

I mean, is it OK for me to switch to "legit" Smite & Holy Freeze to be equal to others?
Code:
2    48819        9       TripleTwenty    Spludge            Sorc
3    40348        8       Triple_Seven    Artagas            Sorc
4    39655        8       BeerBreath      Tasdaz             Barb
5    1            1       DrunkenPikle    OCAU_MIKLE         Necro
7    1            1       DoubleTop       Atil               Barb

As beerbreath prepared to hurl his first dart at Griswold, an Angel descended from the skies. And hovered between the two. He cast some sort of bone prison around Griswold so he couldn't move.

"My name is Tyreal, mortal. I am here to interfer with your life and to make annoying remarks and remind you how slow you are at acheiving things." The angel said.

"Get out of my way Angel, the Blacksmith is going down!" Replied an angry BeerBreath.

"All in good time. I first have a quest for you. I watched you enter Tristram and saw that you had potential to be an excellent darts player, and well, this land I am going to, Sanctuary, they are having their own darts Tournament. I am a passionate darts player myself, but Heaven forbids me to enter. God never wants me to have any fun, maybe that's why I'm so bitter - I digress! If you agree I will allow you to return to Tristram and get your revenge, but you must prove yourself in darts first." Tyrael said

He continied. "I will take you to a Rogue Encampment and you should talk to Akara, she will set you on your ways. There is a fellow, Gheed and also Charsi and they will help you with your darting equipment. If you become good enough and popular enough, you will gain meny fans. To keep these fans away see Kashya and she will give you a bodyguard to help keep the stalkers away. Prove yourself to these people and to me, and what you want will happen. Be warned though, what you want is only a part of an epic story and you must be willing to play darts until all the evil is defeated, or you die."

"Choose now mortal" Tyrael boomed.

"I choose to do as you wish, I want revenge!" Beerbreath hissed.

Within a flash he was no longer in Tristram, but standing in an outpost in the plains of Sanctuary.

"My journey begins here. Let the darts begin!" Yelled BeerBreath at the top of his voice. With that BeerBreath found Akara and she introduced herself.

"I have a quest for you" She said. And explained her need. "Too easy" thought BeerBreath. He reached into his small belt to find his darts, but they were gone. At that moment, a dart board and small hand axe appeared in his hands.

A voice came from the sky, it was Tyrael. "These will serve well until you can use your new set of darts. See Gheed and he will help you when you are ready"

And so BeerBreath has begun his epic journey to become best darts player in Sanctuary...

Killing so far has been quite speedy, albeit on P5, and I am actually using those darts people keep dropping or leave laying around. No more selling them for Gold. gambled a few sets of darts, the best axddidng 1-6 lightning damage. Got a nice little jewel as I finished up last night:

Gemmed Large Shield
Defense: 13
Chance to Block: 37%
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Strength: 34
Item Level: 12
Fingerprint: 0x44004138
+20 poison damage over 2 seconds
Socketed (2: 1 used)

This is fun!!! Actually finding a decent low level item is exciting. I was very happy when the jewel I found ided to be +20 poison damage. I ferveishly ran to Charsi to find a socketed dart board, and low and behold there was a 2 socketed dart board there. All behold my wonderful jewel :D

WOL said:
I mean, is it OK for me to switch to “legit†Smite & Holy Freeze to be equal to others?

That would be fine. Go bash 'em with your dart board till they can take it no longer!!!! :lol:

Rules additions:

17. No save & exit to escape death.

18. To face off against some of the better dart players (i.e. Act bosses), you will need to go home to get well prepared and kiss your loved ones goodbye as you may never see them again, being the affectionate type you want to return for several kisses! You may use town portals during an act boss fight

(do they sound alright?)
I got sidetracked last night by rugby and beer (Life is harsh!) so no posting or progress. DoubleTop is Level 7 with 24,862 experience:

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/4751/screenshot0025ic.jpg

And gambled these from Gheed:

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/725/screenshot0019ez.jpg

Cruel Fang
Throwing Knife
Throw Damage: 6 to 10
Quantity: 160
+2 Minimum Damage
+1 Maximum Damage
+11 Attack Rating
+6 Poison Damage/2 seconds
+1 Mana after each kill
Replenishes Quantity
I think the most interesting part of the first Act of The Tournament was its leader, Darth Andariel.

Everybody in the camp told me that a paladin with 310 life and 76-109 damage has no any chances against Queen of Darts with her 1024 life and lethal poison attacks. But I would better die in an honorable fight then surrender. So I took a bit of preparing.

Most famous blacksmith in the Camp, Charsi, did her best in imbuing the best superior darts, that was found in her stocks, with strong magical power. The result was impressive: rare darts with 5% Chance to Cast Lightning, +5 max damage, +35 AR, +109% to Undead and +135 AR against them.

However the best darts was given to me by Gheed (for 100000 gold of cause). It was incredible rare balanced dart set, which best property was Knockback! Well it isn't mush useful against Andy, but for normal monsters it works nice.

After drinking some antidotes at Akara with my girlfriend Blaise we entered the arena. Since Blaise was weak I walk first and she was hiding behind, ready to help me with her fire arrows. Andariel appeared at opposite side. Our darts met at the center of the arena deafening the screams of the crowd. Steel against steel, frost against poison. Yes I was poisoned at the first second of our battle, but next that I remember was Andariel with my trusty dart in her throat burning in inner fire.

It was over. The second act of The Tournament lied in front of me.

Warrior
Level 21 Paladin
700,534 Experience

To be continued...
Code:
1    700534       21      Warrior         Warrior of Light   Paladin
2    169536       14      BeerBreath      Tasdaz             Barb
3    48819        9       TripleTwenty    Spludge            Sorc
4    40348        8       Triple_Seven    Artagas            Sorc
5    24862        7       DoubleTop       Atil               Barb
6    1            1       DrunkenPikle    OCAU_MIKLE         Necro
7    1            1       TrueBlue        Flamerrows         Paladin

@Warrior of Light - Congratulations on beating Darth Andariel 👏 - watch out though as BeerBreath is after you :lol:

And so BeerBreath started his journey. He stepped from the encampment into a place named the Blood Moor. He sought this Den of Evil Akara told him about. "Evil" he thought to himself, "they will know evil when they see me."

Many little demon guys and reanimated dead greeted him, as did some rat type creatures that shot at him. "They will taste the coldness of the steel of my darts soon enough" he said to himself. Using the dart board and axe provided by Tyrael he fought his way to gain enough knowledge to use the starter darts of the tournament. He then ran back to town with much eagerness and bought his training darts.

"These will serve me well" He said to himself. With that he returned to the moor and fought his way to the god forsaken Den. He cleared the den quite easily killing it's leader, Corpsefire. Nothing special dropped and he continued on his way. After some time he returned to town and talked to Gheed who offered him a lucky dip of darts. "I'll take those" said BeerBreath. And luck was on his side for these darts were empowered with lightning itself. Woe to those that felt their power!

As he fought on, his skill with darts improved greatly. He ventured into a Burial Ground that Kashya told him about. Greater evil than the den faced him there. But he was strong, fast and adept at throwing his lightning darts. Dodging arrows and animated dead souls, he took down the bow weilding demon named Blood Raven and spat on her dead body.

"You cannot stop me in my search of Griswold, his soul is mine!" cried BeerBreath in triumpth. He bypassed the crypt and mausoleum. "Let the dead rest" he murmed to himself, "I will fill these crypts enough myself."

With that he returned to camp and Kashya was astonished.

"You have many fans in this tournament now, but also many enemies too" she said. "Let my friend Basanti help you keep those pesky stalkers and such from hurting you."

"Many thanks" said BeerBreath

"I am Basanti, my fire darts will help you in your quest."

"I am honoured. A rogue of my own!" BeerBreath replied.

"Yes dear" she answered

Beerbreath & Basanti then fought their way through some stony fields and an underground passage full of nastiness to finally arrive at some darkened woods. Basanti proved to be a worthy body guard and helped him out many times. He killed some huge misguided woodland creature called Woodfist & returned to Akara with a scroll from a shiny tree. Apparently it would lead him to Griswold.

"I am near" He said to Basanti

"Yes dear" she replied

After talking to Akara he & Basanti returned to the Stony Fields. They touched some magical stones & took a strange looking portal. It lead them back to Tristram. The little guy guarding these stones was a mere fly to swat with their skills at darting. There they finally came to BeerBreath's goal... The corrupted blacksmith Griswold.

After the two killed many foes, BeerBreath faced his highly sought enemy. Griswold moaned and moved swiftly towards him. Many a lightning dart impacted the dead blacksmith's body, and many a fire one too. Griswold struck BeerBreath and cursed him with some kind of spell. But BeerBreath was determined and they finally took him down.

"Finally I have my revenge" he yelled. They then rescued an old fellow that looked familiar to him. He introduced himself as Cain. They also found the dead body of a boy called Wirt. "I remember you" BeerBreath said "You charged so much and gave so little. Good riddance! May cows poop on your grave and what's this, your leg? Hahaha I will take that with me, who knows what it might do."

When they returned to town, they talked to Cain, and BeerBreath remembered him from Tristram when he first arrived only days ago. Cain told him that the evil was far greater than he thought and he is the only saviour of Sanctuary. With that BeerBreath swore to rid the land of all evil, once and for all using his darts...

"Will you acompany me" BeerBreath asked Basanti

"Yes dear" she replied

Watch this space for an update or BeerBreath's headstone!

@Atil - You are the winner of the intro award. Let me know your email & I'll send the items!
Preamble

You know, when you mastered Darts enough you are able to kill a whole itching swarm of insects with a single dart throw. I learned it in the Far Oasis. However my target lied ahead, it was a nice place, which I chose to train my skills – The Lost City. There lives my other teacher, Dark Elder. I spent several hours training there darting him at /players8 mode. He is the perfect darts target, yes he moves fast, but with Holy Freeze he attacks too sloooooooow – about 1 hit per 2-3 seconds. With Knockback of my darts it meant that he never hit me. I trained up to level 27.
The rest of Act 2 was easy, most monsters died just after seeing my darts (this effect is also known as Holy Freeze aura damage – a note of editor), others was one-hit-killed.

Darth Duriel vs. Warrior (Scenario)

The scene is dark. Prodigy music "No Good" is playing. When the music speed becomes faster lights slowly turn on. You see a dark stone cave with tracks of ancient civilization. The walls are painted with mysterious scenes of bloody rites. At the center wall you see a closed stone door. No one is seen.

After showing the cave the camera turns left. There you see monstrous beast looking like giant bug with chitin plates on body and giant claws as long as human body. The camera turns around him. You know that it is Darth Duriel himself, the leader Act 2 Dart Champions.

Then the camera moves to the right side of the cave. There you see two foolish fighters who decided to face the beast. They are a black man and a white girl. The man has no any armor, he holds a dart in one hand and a dartboard in another, on his neck you see a golden chain, and he carries many costly big purple drinks on his belt. The girl is unarmored too, she has nothing except a simple bow. You recognize Warrior and Blaise, hardcore Dart players.

During the introduction the main actors are still. But suddenly Duriel makes fast attack at Warrior, who blocks the charge with his shield and casts town portal. At the same time both human fighters throw several darts at big monster. Mad of pain beast begins to attack Blaise because Warrior seams to block 60% of incoming attacks and quickly heal others. However heroes run to the portal. The first round ends.

At the start of the second round Warrior enters the chamber with a hand sign above his head, showing that he prayed at skill shrine. This time Blaise hides behind Warrior and the battle lasts longer. Duriel and the brave man stand near each other. Big bug attacks with his giant claws, but Warrior successfully blocks and drinks big purples. He still is alive! Soon he runs out of potions and enter the portal again. The second round is over.

The battle continues for several more rounds, but it doesn't seams that someone will win. All fighters are heavily wounded but are well standing. Duriel now is covered with numerous darts and blood, but Warrior looks tired and spectators wonders when he will run out of purple potions in his town stash and die.

A scream covers tribunes: on the next successful hit Duriel pierces Blaise's body by one of his claws. She is dead! It looks like Warrior will be next. But what is it? Oh, he does powerful dart throw and gets it through Duriel's eye into his head. All is over.

Without looking at agonizing beast Warrior falls on the dead body of Blaise and starts crying. The lights and music turns off.

Conclusion

Finally our sea journey was over. I was standing on the noise of a ship with captain looking at docks of big southern town Kurast, capital of Act 3 of The Darts Tournament.
– Are you really sure, Warrior? I heard no one passed third Act of The Tournament yet.
– I should try, Meshif, or Blaise's death will be vain.
– I don't know. If you will pass through the wild jungles you will never defeat Darth Mephisto. He is the first of The Prime Dart Masters.
I didn't answer. I remembered the words of my teacher, Don Juan. "A flawless warrior never give up the way, which has a heart."

Warrior
Level 27 Paladin
2,749,449 experience
Pictures: Stats, Equipment, Duriel vs. Warior.

To be continued...
Tasdaz said:
@Atil - You are the winner of the intro award. Let me know your email & I'll send the items!
Thank you Tasdaz, I'll put them to good use in what seems an enormous task trying to catch up with Warrior. Could you please send them to s*@*.com

DoubleTop noticed one of his tribe and called out to him. The man approached and spoke. "The Tribal Elders sent me to find you. The word of this darts tournament has spread far and wide and they wanted me to give you these sacred items to help you. They have been passed down from Tribal Elder to Tribal Elder's son, generation to generation and their finding is lost in the midst of time. Behold! The Nokozan Relic and the Septic Large Charm Of Life." The man raised his arms to the gods and the world seemed to stand still.

"Wait a minute." DoubleTop said. "Didn't we win these from the Nokozan Tribe in last year's 'First Tribe To Drink Their Combined Weight In Beer And Not Puke Wins' Competition?

"Erm....Oh, yeah. I remember now. Good luck anyway."
Atil said:
Thank you Tasdaz, I'll put them to good use in what seems an enormous task trying to catch up with Warrior..
Items have been sent. I think we will all need some extra help to cathc Warrior.

BeerBreath is still celebrating his victory over Griswold and hasn't left town for the past couple of days. Drunken so and so he is.

@Warrior - Congratulations on defetaing the big slug and bad luck about the merc. Nice write up too. 👍
Equipped with the Tribe's 'holy' Relics, DoubleTop made quick progess through the Cold Plains killing numerous fallen and their leader Bishibosh. He recruited the services of a lovely young companion called Elexa and they both went off to find Bloodraven.

She cheated a bit, as she wouldn't stand still, which is against the rules in darts. But being possessed of demonic powers the referee's weren't going to interfere. Eventually she fell, but dropped nothing of use.

Encouraged by their success, DoubleTop and Elexa explored further. They went first to the tombs of the cemetery and then the cave in the Cold Plains. They had to run back to the Encampment a few times, but it was worth it as Gheed beckoned DoubleTop over and showed him Balanced Knives. They were unidentified and cost over 3000 gold each, but finding money and items was not a problem.

They had nearly cleared the cave out when they ran into ColdCrow and her minions having a quick game of 501 in the back of the cave. Angered by the interruption, they killed Elexa. DoubleTop threw down his shield and taking darts in both hands slayed them all and then wondered where his blue ball had gone. He found mana potions and filled his belt. "A Barbarian drinking mana? What would the Tribe think?" he pondered. Images of the earlier laughing and finger pointing flashed into his mind.

Merc: Dead
Level: 12
EXP: 98,464
Skills: 7 Throwing Mastery/1 Bash/1 Double Swing/1 Double Throw
Code:
1    2749449      27      Warrior         Warrior of Light   Paladin
2    246571       16      BeerBreath      Tasdaz             Barb
3    98464        12      DoubleTop       Atil               Barb
4    48819        9       TripleTwenty    Spludge            Sorc
5    40348        8       Triple_Seven    Artagas            Sorc
6    1            1       DrunkenPikle    OCAU_MIKLE         Necro
7    1            1       TrueBlue        Flamerrows         Paladin

BeerBreath has finally returned to the battlefield, sporting a huge hangover. Thankfully his accuracy with his darts is still there!

He ventured through the plains of Sanctuary and came upon a placed called the Black Marsh. The memory of slaying Griswold was fresh in his headache ridden mind. He had stumled upon a tomb talking about a Countess. "Hhmmm she's sounds nice" he thought to himself. "Nice to kill!"

He and Basanti his loyal companion sought the ruined tower that held her, and when they did, they cautiously entered. They met many corrupted female archers there, more little red talking demons and strange goat men. They all fell easily to their combined skills with darts & arrows.

They walked down many levels of the tower, until finally they came to the Countess's lair. The looked around the place, running into a pack of archers who were tougher than normal. Their combined volley of arrows fell into Basanti's body and she fell to the ground, dead. BeerBreath was overcome with rage. He slayed the remaining archers and all that stood in his way until he finally met the Countess. She was quite nice looking but the fact that she wanted BeerBreath dead didn't sit well with him, so he threw many darts at her until she could take no more and she finally sucumbed to them and she quickly died.

"There is more evil in this world than I thought" BeerBreath said as he quickly picked up all the treasures that lay on the ground. He then returned to Basanti's body and sat there mornfully for many hours.

"I must quench all this evil with my darts!" He yelled and continued on his quest.
Kurast

Don Juan and I walked among the ruins of ancient civilization. I agreed to show him tourist sights of Kurast: Docks, both Lower and Higher parts of the Town and several other nice places including Travincal. We were talking about Paths of Spirit at all and about my role in Darts Tournament particularly.
– Do you remember how you came to Rogues Encampment someday?
– Yes. It was only several days ago, but I feel like eternity has passed.
– Why? You feel something has changed in you?
– Actually not. I am the same warrior I was when starting the competition. Other people's relation to me has changed.
– By the way, why you were registered under the name of Warrior?
– Do you test me, Don Juan? You taught me to hide my personal legend.
– Good – He smiled. – You are on the right way.
– I want to tell you why I asked you to meet with me. I decided to delay my participation in the tournament until someone will beat my score. I need you advice whether I am doing the right thing.
Don Juan was silent for several minutes before he answered.
– There is no such thing as a right doing for a warrior. Only flawlessness is important to him. A warrior chose a way with a heart and follows it. No one else knows this way.
– I know. I will stop here. There is much else to do.
– Well it's you choice. Tell me more about the tournament then.
– OK. I already told you everything I did before coming to Kurast. Here is the rest of my story.

Act 3

I didn't spend much time in Kurast upon coming. I visited local teleporter to figure out how to use it then teleported back to Rogues Encampment. I was implementing my strategy, I'll tell about it lately.
When I have defeated Andariel, one of the trophies she dropped was normal diamond. Traveling in Act 2 I came across two gem shrines and upgraded it to perfect form. At Kurast I had a perfect diamond in my stash with three flawed ones. I took two diamonds with me when I teleported back to Act 1.

Rogue Encampment wasn't so crowded as it was when I visited it last time. However I saw several good Dart players there. They didn't noticed me since I hided my expensive equipment and stayed away of public drinking bars. I wished them luck in my thoughts – I need someone who will give me competition in Act 3.

My path was finished in Stony Field. Nice, quit place, old buddies, who will not heart me. It was so sweet. I spent about an hour there. During that time I found uncounted amount of shrines, but I stopped only near six of them, called Gem Shrines. (Speaking at hard magic terms, that is using is other ream, called RL, it was tons of Stony Field Shrine Runs, 20 seconds per run. I got a nice map with two shrines near the WP).

When I came back to Kurast I had a very expensive dartboard decorated with three perfect diamonds. I guess any girl can kill for perfect diamonds. That is why I got a lot of fighting in the road to the main living quarters of ruined Kurast. I guess these pygmies in the jungles were trying to impress local girls. I feel so sorry for killing them, I had no choice, I tried every language I knew but they didn't reply.

Act 3 Plan of my tournament strategy was in getting to Travincal. I heard that great Dart Masters living there will be valuable opponents to me because they where at monster level 25. However this time I should be better prepared. In Act 2 I relied on my trusty 62% block dartboard, which was my main bet at the battle with Duriel. However, In Act 3 I needed something better to counteract that dangerous pygmy shamans, council hydras, cold/fire/lightning enchanted bosses and other elemental things. This was where my precious diamond dartboard really shined. I was at 75% fire, 75% cold, ~60% lightning and ~60% poison resistance.

After defeating The Kurast Council in Darts several times I found that I'm doing what I wanted. Long course of my training in the third part of learning Darts Mastery began. Actually everything I told you today took me less time then the training in Travincal. I spent several days there in training.

The Point

We came to Travincal at the end of the day, just in time to see the sunset. Then Don Juan asked me to show him famous Main Travincal Temple, where we watched ancient frescos. Suddenly he pointed me the stairway to the deeps of dungeon under the temple.
– So, you weren't there? – He asked.
– No. – I answered.
– Why? I guess, under the main temple something interesting may be.
– I think you clearly know that this is entrance to the dungeons, where local ministers of religion perform bloody tortures.
– Yes I know it. – He smiled – Tell me why you stop here.
– They call these dungeons Durance of Hate. It is dark place full of dangerous monsters. I was told somewhere at the deepest dungeon First Prime Dart Master lives, Lord of Hatred, Mephisto. The most fearful rumors say that he even had a deal with Diablo himself and now guard the entrance to Hell!
– Don't try to foolish me. I know that you are able to pass throw this, don't you?
– Yes, Don Juan, however I will take a brake till someone else reaches my status in the competition. The journeys become more and more deadly, so I think it is better to be alive champion than dead one. Don't you think so?
We both had a good laugh for some time. Then we came back to Kurast Docks. Don Juan promised to give me a new lesson, "Dealing with frigid women. First Example. Natalya". It was going to be a perfect lesson of his teaching about The Art of Stalking.

Warrior
Level 35 Paladin
9,630,449 experience
Pictures: Stats & Inventory.

To be continued?
Code:
1    9630449      35      Warrior         Warrior of Light   Paladin
2    98464        12      DoubleTop       Atil               Barb
3    48819        9       TripleTwenty    Spludge            Sorc
4    40348        8       Triple_Seven    Artagas            Sorc
5    1            1       DrunkenPikle    OCAU_MIKLE         Necro
9    1            1       DrunkenSOB      InMYWay            Barb
10   1            1       PluckEye        Tasdaz             Druid

RIP

359654       18      BeerBreath      Tasdaz             Barb

BeerBreath breathes no more. He has suffered an unfortunate death at the hands of disconnecting USB keyboard & mice. I was in the Jail level 1 fighting a boss pack of ghosts when conveniently my mouse & keyboard went dead. :mad:

It was a quick death after that as I watched in vain, helpless do do anything to assist him. I was determined to actually get somewhere and give Warrior some competition. Oh well. Keyboard is now plugged into PS2 port and maybe that will sort the problem. I hope so.

One good thing though, I found a Greyform, my first one!

New character:
PluckEye the Druid
Code:
1    9630449      35      Warrior         Warrior of Light   Paladin
2    98464        12      DoubleTop       Atil               Barb
3 58765 10       TrueBlue        Flamerrows         Paladin
4 48819        9       TripleTwenty    Spludge            Sorc
5 40348        8       Triple_Seven    Artagas            Sorc
6 1            1       DrunkenPikle    OCAU_MIKLE         Necro
9    1            1       DrunkenSOB      InMYWay            Barb
10   1            1       PluckEye        Tasdaz             Druid

RIP

359654       18      BeerBreath      Tasdaz             Barb

RIP BeerBreath :( Your deeds of drunkeness will be remembered

In other news, I defy the HSC for an hour to bring you TrueBlue, the drunken darts playing paladin. I present his battlecry for your convienience:

Heeeeeres to the paladin he's true blue *hic*
Heeeeee's a pisspot, through and through
Heeeeee's a bastard, so they say
Couldn't go to heaven so he went the other way!
Throw! Throw! Throw! etc.

Iantha the fire rogue just sighs.

Progress has been very smooth with a spiked shield and a decent stack of darts. I can smite bosses into the corner while the merc destroys the remainder with her gemmed long bow. I'm very much looking forward to holy freeze though :uhhuh: Good luck to everyone!

EDIT: Egad, I broke the table and have NO idea how to fix it :|
R.I.P. BeerBreath.
Good luck to PluckEye and TrueBlue.

Code:
Pos       Exp       Level     Char Name       Forum Name         Class

1    9630449        35       Warrior         Warrior of Light   Paladin
2      98464        12       DoubleTop       Atil               Barb
3      58765        10       TrueBlue        Flamerrows         Paladin
4      48819         9       TripleTwenty    Spludge            Sorc
5      40348         8       Triple_Seven    Artagas            Sorc
6          0         1       DrunkenPikle    OCAU_MIKLE         Necro
7          0         1       Bubba           Tohanry            Barb
8          0         1       Fromthewrist    Tweety             Sorc
9          0         1       DrunkenSOB      InMYWay            Barb
10          0         1       PluckEye        Tasdaz             Druid

RIP

1      359654        18       BeerBreath      Tasdaz             Barb
Whoa. I just re-read the rules (the second post! cunning of you, tazdaz) and it turns out the merc can't be equipped.

Looks like I have to start again (this is going to be REALLY hard)

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High