[2005] Scavenger Hunt - An all-SPF Tourney [by Quickdeath]

Jan 3, 2007
DISCLAIMER: Please do NOT post in this thread yet. We still need to migrate all posts from the old thread on diabloii.net to this thread. If you want to help, feel free to do so :)

To migrate a post, use the "multi-quote" function in the original thread for all posts of one page, insert the quotes, then copy and paste the text into this thread and insert quotes from original posts (i.e. quoted quotes) manually. Take a look at the latest post in this thread to see how migrated posts should look like. Once all posts from this thread have been migrated, the disclaimer will be removed and the thread open to new posts.

This tournament has already ended. It was originally started by Quickdeath on Dec 3, 2005. The last post was made Feb 5, 2006.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

Scavenger Hunt - An all-SPF Tourney

Scavenger Hunt - An all-SPF Tourney

This is a tournament with very different rules and objectives that other SPF Tournaments. You may participate in this Scavenger Hunt while you are questing, while you are playing in another tournament, and while you are playing either an existing or new character. HC or SC, all are welcome. You may mule or not mule, twink or not twink.

Rules

1. The Scavenger Hunt Tournament begins immediately and ends January 30, 2006 at midnight, local time. This is a holiday event!

2. Anyone can play, and there is no entry fee. You may enter the Tournament at any time simply by posting a message on this thread saying that you are in. Note that nothing you have done prior to posting your message is allowed to count towards satisfying the Scavenger Hunt.

3. There are 50 Scavenger Hunt items listed below that you are seeking, most of them are items to collect, but a couple of them are monsters to meet. The player who finds the most items by January 30 wins the Scavenger Hunt.

4. Any item found by any D2 character in Single Player mode between now and January 30 is eligible to be counted towards the Scavenger Hunt. You may find items while playing already existing characters, new characters, twinked or untwinked characters, in P1 or P8 mode, Softcore or Hardcore characters. Items you find in someone else's tourney may be counted towards the Scavenger Hunt. The only eligibility restrictions are:

- No Multiplayer characters. Nothing found by a character while in playing with other players in Multiplayer mode will count. Single Player with P8 is okay, of course.
- Only Version 1.09 or later, please!
- No Mods other than the mods generally accepted by SPF: Red Rune Mod and Rune Word Mod. In case of questions, I will rely on Alter Ego for the definition of what mods are allowable.
- No traded items. All items must be self-found.

5. Any item that is to count against the Scavenger Hunt must not be sold; it is to be saved either in an Atma Cache or as an item in use by a character.

6. The Winner of the Tournament will receive a Cracked Sash that has been personalized to commemorate the tourney.

7. The Items
Know thou this: here be your quest, your sacred charge.

Thou shall seek out as many of these 50 items as thou canst. Some may be easy to find, some are devilishly hard. No mortal is expected to be able to find them all. The fun shall be in the seeking.

1-24. "The Alphabet" 24 Set or Unique Items that begin with the letters A to Z (except for X and Y). Note that "The Jade Tan Do" is considered to begin with the letter "T" and not the letter "J". Partial credit counts - if the only item you find is Isenhart's Case, then you get 1 point for the letter " I ". If you were then to find Tyrael's Might at the last minute - then you would have earned two points for the letters I and T.

Hard-to-find Low-level Set/Unique/Quest Items
25. Sander's Paragon
26. Knell Striker
27. Any item of the Cow King's Set
28. Tancred's Hobnails
29. Stone of Jordan
30. A Nagelring with MF = +30%
31. A Wirt's Leg with three sockets

Items with Unusual Modifiers
32. A Corrosive or Toxic Item of Pestilence
33. An item with +80% Extra Gold
34. A Weapon with Attack Rating Modifer of +300
35. An Icy item of Fire
36. A Fiery item of Icicle
37. A Glowing Item of Sun (+7 to Light Radius)
38. A Dense weapon (a Throwing weapon) of either Replenishing or Propagation
39. A magic or rare item with MF >+35%
40. A magic or rare Weapon that has (at least) the following 2 modifiers: +Attack Rating and Ignores Target's Defense
41. An Amulet or Ring with +1 to Light Radius and no other modifier

Items from Unusual Places
42. A Set/Unique item dropped from either a Catapult, a Black Hawk Nest, a Gargoyle Trap or any other stationary object.
43. A gambled Set/Unique that is not an Amulet nor a Ring

Remarkable Names
44. A Circlet of Life
45. A Long Staff of Fast Repair
46. A Unique Monster who is named “the Impalerâ€
47. A Possessed Stygian Harlot
48. A Ghostly Ghost
49. Fanatical Itchies
50. The Crown Jewels of Virility (you must socket a Crown with two Jewels of Virility).

Although each person is to compete individually, I will also plan to track whether the entire list of SPF participants can collectively find all the items on the Scavenger Hunt list.

Note: These are posts #2-20 from the original thread.

Scoresheet

Here's a Scoresheet to get us going

Code:
[B]Forum Name       Alphabet    LL S/U/Qs   Unusual Mods  Places     Names   Total
[U]                (24 max)     (7 max)      (10 max)     (2 max)    (7 max)  (50)[/U][/B] 

Quickdeath           0           0             0          0         0        0
Code:
[B]Forum Name       Alphabet    LL S/U/Qs   Unusual Mods  Places     Names   Total
[U]                (24 max)     (7 max)      (10 max)     (2 max)    (7 max)  (50)[/U][/B] 

Hrus                 0           0             0          0         0        0
I will just look for any of these items while playing normally.
Great idea!
I don't have time to participate (I could do it, but.. no), I'd just like to say:
Really nice items :)

ps. on a side note: ITD + AR isn't odd because ITD doesn't work on bosses. ;)
Code:

skoolbus             0           0             0          0         0        0

Also just gonna keep an eye out for these while playing tourney chars, so I probably won't have the room to pick them up anyways...
Sint Nikolaas said:
I don't have time to participate (I could do it, but.. no), I'd just like to say:
Really nice items :)

ps. on a side note: ITD + AR isn't odd because ITD doesn't work on bosses. ;)
Sint how can you claim to not have enough time when the tourny is designed to be like a grail? Something to spice up your other D2 activities? And what if you should encounter a Sander's Paragon? or the Fanatical Itchies? and become the one person that we all needed for the forum to collectively finish the Scavenger Hunt?

Of course I do understand that someone named Sint Nikolaas would be busy around this time of year. :lol:
I'll be in this for sure. Just have to look at items a bit more. Pity the all alone tourny won't be much use for this one.
I'm in! I like to walk around and find weird things!

Can I buy the magical items if I see they lying around on someone's store?
Cool idea, 👍 I'm in.

Now this item is just crazy :cyclops: :
42. A Set/Unique item dropped from either a Catapult, a Black Hawk Nest, a Gargoyle Trap or any other stationary object.

Has this EVER be found by anyone?
I'm in guy's...let me be the first EU to sign up. :)

It looks really fun!
AlterEgo said:
Cool idea, 👍 I'm in.

Now this item is just crazy :cyclops: :

Has this EVER be found by anyone?
Yes, I once had a Skewer of Krinitz drop from a catapult -which is what gave me the idea. I was astonished and posted a thread asking about the odds of such a drop. Thrugg replied and said that Catapults, etc drop items with the same set of probabilities as a Level XX monster, where XX is the area level.

GueLerMe said:
Can I buy the magical items if I see they lying around on someone's store?

Yes. Any normal way of getting items in game is okay.
Sounds fun! Count me in as well 👍
Code:

zatlaren             0           0             0          0         0        0
Guelerme             0           0             0          0         0        0
AlterEgo             0           0             0          0         0        0
Miranda              0           0             0          0         0        0
javcek               0           0             0          0         0        0

I took the liberty of updating the table.
Code:

Miranda              0           0             0          0         0        0
Billybgame           0          0             0          0         0        0

As usual, you can count me in. With all the tourneys, I'm sure I can contribute.
Sounds like a blast..... this will be my first tourney but count me in
Code:

Miranda              4           0             0          1         0        0
Billybgame           0           0             0          0         0        0

I put my MF gear on Liberace and did some pit runs all the way back in normal and found 5 of the items. The second thing I found after the Artic Furs drop for the alphabet was a Leadcrow Light Crossbow which dropped from a casket in Catacombs Level 3 👍 I also found a Nagelring (only 25% MF though) a Berserkers Headgear and a Hsarus Iron Fist Buckler for the alphabet.
I could be wrong but I thought that he meant it had to drop from a non movable creature/object not from chests.
I'll join up! This sounds like fun.
Miranda said:
Code:
Forum Name Alphabet LL S/U/Qs Unusual Mods Places Names Total
(24 max) (7 max) (10 max) (2 max) (7 max) (50)

Miranda 4 0 0 1 0 0
Quickdeath 0 0 0 0 0 0
Hrus 0 0 0 0 0 0
skoolbus 0 0 0 0 0 0
zatlaren 0 0 0 0 0 0
Guelerme 0 0 0 0 0 0
AlterEgo 0 0 0 0 0 0
javcek 0 0 0 0 0 0
Billybgame 0 0 0 0 0 0
Saucy 0 0 0 0 0 0
zatlaren said:
I could be wrong but I thought that he meant it had to drop from a non movable creature/object not from chests.
You could be right come to think of it....I'm not quite sure either. Initially I was thinking he meant drops from objects that were "live" and shot stuff at you...then at the end he said "any other stationary object" so I got a little confused...I'll take my point off of places until I'm sure it counts...until then I'll place the Leadcrow in my alphabet along with 2 other items I found recently, the Stealgoad Voulge and the Deathspade Axe. :)
Code:

Miranda              7           0             0          0         0        0
Billybgame           0           0             0          0         0        0
Saucy                0           0             0          0         0        0
Good news, bad news.

I was just questing with my TWD tourney barb, and the Norm Cow King dropped Tancreds Hobnails :D - good news! I didn't have room in my stash at the time so left it on the ground in town. I overestimated the amount of time a set item can be left unattended... :rolleyes: Bummer.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High