[2005] Rizzo's Charity Tourney [by Rizzo]

Jan 3, 2007
DISCLAIMER: Please do NOT post in this thread yet. We still need to migrate all posts from the old thread on diabloii.net to this thread. If you want to help, feel free to do so :)

To migrate a post, use the "multi-quote" function in the original thread for all posts of one page, insert the quotes, then copy and paste the text into this thread and insert quotes from original posts (i.e. quoted quotes) manually. Take a look at the latest post in this thread to see how migrated posts should look like. Once all posts from this thread have been migrated, the disclaimer will be removed and the thread open to new posts.

This tournament has already ended. It was originally started by Rizzo on Aug 16, 2005. The last post was made Oct 21, 2005.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

Rizzo's Charity Tourney -- Progress Thread

This is the progress thread following the sign-up thread. This thread is designed for you to post your updates in the RCT (Rizzo's Charity Tourney :uhhuh: ) and keep you informed of the rules. This thread is only for progress reports. Questions will be answered in the sign-up thread.

Rizzo's Charity Tourney - Progress Thread

From the sign-up thread - here are the general guidelines of the tourney:

- Allowed versions are: 1.10 and 1.11. You may not use mods that gives you advantage over vanilla players (ie. RWM-users may not use the 1.10 ladder-only runewords). FE-fix mod in 1.10 is allowed tho, since there is no FE bug in 1.11.
- All prizes are 1.10 vanilla softcore.
- Untwinked only! You are not allowed to mule in or out. Not untill the tourney ends. Then you can decide what to do yourself.
- The goal of the tourney is to gather as many points before you die. When you die, you must take a screenie with map on, then save & exit and leave the character untill the next round starts.
- There will be played 6 rounds (for now).
- After each round, an additional rule will be added. The rules carry on from round to round.

Gameplay:
- Start a character in softcore (since there are multiple rounds).
- Play the game, following the given rules. Round 1 only has 1 rule. Round 2 has 2 etc.
- Gather points. 1 point per waypoint activated, 1 point per level gained, 5 points per act boss.
- Areas (maps) can be run up to three times each.
- When (if) you die, take a screenshot with map on. Save & Exit and leave your character be for now.

Winning:
- Round 1 ends when all players have died the first time.
- The winner of the first round is the player with the most points. Should any players have the same amount, the winner is the one who advanced furthest in maps (therefore please have map on when taking screens.
- The winner can choose 5 items from the unique items list, 1 full set (or remainders of a set) and 2 items from the last stash with other items.
- The winner must then leave the contest, and cannot return in this tourney.
- The rest of the players can then start up on Round 2, taking off from their last reached waypoint.
- Round 2 ends when all players have died the second time.
- Repeat...

Multiplayer:
- In the starting rounds, MP will not be allowed. It will be allowed in later stages though.
- When hosting MP games, simply do as in the MP stickied thread, just report the IP in here.

Prizes:
Unique stash: http://www.freewebs.com/rizzorz/giveaway/report-uni.html
Set items: http://www.freewebs.com/rizzorz/giveaway/report-set.html
Other items: http://www.freewebs.com/rizzorz/giveaway/other-items.txt
- Additional items might be donated by generous people along the way.

Contestors from the sign-up thread:
Code:
Forumname    Char. name        Char. class

ArmyOfDeath    Army_of_Death        Necromancer
Martinkingss    EnlightMeMaster            Sorceress
Corax        Corax            Druid
JMtistic    AtomicBoo            Barbarian
Cormallon    Sidi            Assassin
Sint Niki    Frosty            Assassin
GooberGrape    Fatty-Elite        Amazon
Quickdeath    Cooter            Barbarian
Fists of Legend    Ribeye            Druid
Kugel        Zdochliak        Necromancer
TheBoskes    TheBoskes        Paladin
HoiD        Talic            Barbarian
Jrlafrance    Sir            Paladin
Whomhead    pwn_joo            Druid
Moar        Bantam            Paladin
Howitzer Al    HowitzerAl        Paladin
Seishinkan    Miranda            Sorceress
Water_moon    PsudeoKitty        Barbarian
Chicagofan51    Onondoga        Barbarian
Randy        Gwar            Druid
TrubbaNot    Borogove        Barbarian
Atil        Sigon            Barbarian
Omgarxbanana    Ranmyaku        Paladin
Porius        Clash            Paladin
Daulmakan    Elektra            Assassin

Anyone else interested in joining, must join before the end of Round 1.

Okay then, we're ready to begin. The time is now 01:00 here in Denmark, which means it's 00:00 GMT. Remember there is no timelimit for this tourney. Not for now at least. If it drags out, I might force one.

RULE NO. # 1:
No healing allowed whatsoever! :p
This means no red potions, no Akara visits (no you cannot complete the first quest then), no revitalizing items with healing powers (ll, replenish life etc), no shrines, wells etc. The only allowed way to heal yourself is to gain levels... This rule applies for mercs and minions too.
This rule lasts throughout the tournament. It also applies to the following rounds.

Note that this also mean that life-leeching skills are not allowed. They may be taken as prereqs, but may not be used. Thanks for the reminder Randy.

- Any questions can be directed at my email: r*@*.dk, or please ask in the sign-up thread. This is only for progress reports.

Note: These are posts #2-20 from the original thread.

Rizzo said:
RULE NO. # 1:
No healing allowed whatsoever!
:p
This means no red potions, no Akara visits (no you cannot complete the first quest then), no revitalizing items with healing powers, no shrines, wells etc. The only allowed way to heal yourself is to gain levels... This rule applies for mercs and minions too.
This rule lasts throughout the tournament. It also applies to the following rounds.
OUCH!!!!!!
Characters have an intrinsic heal rate. If you stand in town long enough, eventually you will get full health back. I assume that this is allowed since I can see no reasonable way to disallow it.

In other news, this is gonna be a hard tournament.

Edit: In even more other news, should I win any of the rounds, I wont be accepting any items. :cool:
whomhead said:
Characters have an intrinsic heal rate. If you stand in town long enough, eventually you will get full health back. I assume that this is allowed since I can see no reasonable way to disallow it.
It's impossible to disallow, but I'd ask people to try to not stay in town for much longer than needed please :)
I bet it would also get very tedious to spend 70% of the game in town.
whomhead said:
Characters have an intrinsic heal rate. If you stand in town long enough, eventually you will get full health back. I assume that this is allowed since I can see no reasonable way to disallow it..
I know I've seen it somewhere, but I can't find the table that lists health regen rates for characters. Can someone point me to this valuable info? I was thinking about doing it, but I won't, but can people who have already signed up change characters?
jrlafrance said:
Can people who have already signed up change characters?
Yes, that would only be fair, since I've allowed entrances up to Round 2.
Remember though that this is only the first rule. Choosing a ranged character might not help you in round 2...
Rizzo said:
RULE NO. # 1:
No healing allowed whatsoever!
:p
This means no red potions, no Akara visits (no you cannot complete the first quest then), no revitalizing items with healing powers (ll, replenish life etc), no shrines, wells etc. The only allowed way to heal yourself is to gain levels... This rule applies for mercs and minions too.
Just so I'm totally clear on this subject...

1. no Life Leech gear?
2. no skulls socketed in gear?
3. no Prayer aura for Paladins?
Rizzo said:
This thread be for progress reports only.
Whoops, posted in signup thread instead.

-GG
jrlafrance said:
Just so I'm totally clear on this subject...

1. no Life Leech gear?
2. no skulls socketed in gear?
3. no Prayer aura for Paladins?
correct :)
Rizzo said:
We can't complete the Cain quest as well without visiting Akara. Unless there is a special clause about visiting her immediately after gaining a level. Would be difficult to enforce.
hmm, no den quest, no cain quest
does fara gives quests? I dont think so.
ormus.. no gidbin quest
who heals in act 4?
malah - no anya quest, no pindle no nihlathak, no resists...

Ok so we cant use prayer mercenary either... is this correct?
Kugel said:
hmm, no den quest, no cain quest
does fara gives quests? I dont think so.
ormus.. no gidbin quest
who heals in act 4?
malah - no anya quest, no pindle no nihlathak, no resists...

Ok so we cant use prayer mercenary either... is this correct?
No, Fara doesn't give quests.
Jarmella heals in act 4.
You're right -- no prayer merc.
Remember Atma heals in Act 2 since 1.10.

All these questions and stuff should really be in the other thread though guys, progress only in this one.
randy said:
Remember Atma heals in Act 2 since 1.10.

All these questions and stuff should really be in the other thread though guys, progress only in this one.
yeah but you can finish radament without her

1 more thing... We wont be able to get Tomes till act 2 (Drognan) :-/
Kugel said:
yeah but you can finish radament without her

1 more thing... We wont be able to get Tomes till act 2 (Drognan) :-/
Tomes can be found easily enough in the Jail.

xietiaoping has made his way to the stony field, the fight with Blood Raven was quite good, I was throwing javalins at a good distance and she had a cold bow, got me down to 1/4 then I leveled in the crypt to heal myself before going to the stony field. So far this keeps me on my toes very tough indeed!
Sir made it to the Cold Plains without too much trouble. He ventured into The Cave level 1. Aside from Cold Crow (who I haven't killed yet), there was a magical archer who was LE. Yikes, I didn't look at her stats before swinging at her. That was alot of damage! I'm gonna stay away from her for awhile!

EDIT: Well, unfortunately, the LE archer did too much damage too me. I went to the Burial Grounds to try to level up, but with only 8 hit points, I didn't last long. Sir's jouney ended there....for now.

Sorry Rizzo, but I always have my map on, but for some reason it wasn't showing up on the death screen.
Galeina is in Outer Cloister now. Got several near death experiences, because of my habit of running around and waking up the entire level :rolleyes: .

Current Inventory

Current skills:
Tiger Strike - 1
Claw Mastery - 1
Burst of Speed - 1
Psychic Hammer - 1
Fire Blast - 3
Shock Web - 1
Spare - 2

Will continue tomorrow; have to keep an eye out for antidote potions, in preparation for the fight with Andy.
Phil has made it all the way to the Outer Cloister. I found a +3 Bone Armor wand early on and the 50 physical absorb has helped quite a bit, I was also lucky finding a 3 socket bow for my merc.
Gemmed Short Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 1 to 4
Required Dexterity: 15
Bow Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 1
Fingerprint: 0x1bbd6a19
+29 poison damage over 3 seconds
Socketed (3: 3 used)

Biggest disappointment would be this:

so I still couldn't actually use my poison dagger.

Dumbest thing I have done so far was try and melee this guy:

Ouch, I kept my distance after the 3rd or 4th swing. My ethereal scepter broke shortly after that so I am now using some throwing darts.

Phil the level 15 poison necromancer. Sitting pretty at the Outer Cloister wp with 44 of 118 health and very very close to level 16.

EDIT:
javcek said:
Galeina is in Outer Cloister now.

Will continue tomorrow; have to keep an eye out for antidote potions, in preparation for the fight with Andy.
Hmm what timing. I have only found 1 antidote potion so far. And since you included your skills I will do mine.
Summon Skeleton - 2
Skeleton Mastery - 1
Clay Golem - 1
Poison Dagger - 7
Teeth - 1
Bone Armor - 1
Corpse Explosion - 1
Fatty died at level 8 in the underground passage after killing Blood Raven and hitting the Cold Plains and Stony Field WP's.

I did a test death, and the death screen closes the automap, and you can't turn it back on. That's a bummer. We could take a screenshot of the waypoints, maybe?

-GG
Tyrion has defeated Blood Raven. He's currently level 11, having only hit the Cold Plains waypoint. Tomorrow, he'll be heading into the Cave, hopefully clearing it out, and moving on to Stony Field. Current skills:

1 - Might
1 - Holy Fire
6 - Resist Cold

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High