[2005] MFL II - Magic Find League [by Hrus]

Jan 3, 2007
DISCLAIMER: Please do NOT post in this thread yet. We still need to migrate all posts from the old thread on diabloii.net to this thread. If you want to help, feel free to do so :)

To migrate a post, use the "multi-quote" function in the original thread for all posts of one page, insert the quotes, then copy and paste the text into this thread and insert quotes from original posts (i.e. quoted quotes) manually. Take a look at the latest post in this thread to see how migrated posts should look like. Once all posts from this thread have been migrated, the disclaimer will be removed and the thread open to new posts.

This tournament has already ended. It was originally started by Hrus on Dec 21, 2005. The last post was made Mar 1, 2006.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

MFL II Signup & Progress thread

Yes, [highlight]2nd Magic Find League[/highlight].
DougTheHead2 has vanished from the forum, so I will host it with the same rules as the First MFL.

RULEZ:
1) Sign-up 1-3 characters. They can be SC or HC (but death will be an automatic loss in duel), 1.10/1.11, vanilla/RRM. RWM users can compete too, but they can't use any BNet runewords.
2) After sign-up phase I will make the duel brackets each week. Your characters will face other competing characters.
3) You will MF for 2 hours and then post THE BEST item found during these MF runs. Start of the week (round) will be on Saturday morning CET, The end of the week will be Thursday night CET.
4) Judges will decide between duelant's items who is the better one and goes to the next round. Then I will make a new brackets.
5) Format will be double KO 64 man brackets, the same as in the first MFL. (I reserve the right to change the format according to interest)
6) Winner will be the last man standing. The Prize. I will choose some useful or cool item (1.10/1.11 vanilla) and personalize it with MFL2 Champion character.
It's just a trophy.
7) The Rules for signup. You can enter 1-3 characters. Please post here the name, build and level of your characters and version you play. Also be warned that if the interest will be high, your 3rd character can be signed off and only your first 2 characters will be able to compete. Write down if you are able to act as a judge (if you are online and can vote on Friday - that will probably be the voting day)
8) The first week will (probably) start DEC-31-2005. Sign-up is open until DEC-30-2005, midnight CET

The Original MFL Thread

Good Luck to all. Sign-up now!

Note: These are posts #2-20 from the original thread.

i have only one char for now (restart)
FulgDeNea blizzsorc now it's lvl 60 at NM meph but i lvl her a lot in this weekend
RRM.RWM.1,11b
I'm in with Tan-Tsu the blizz sorc.
I'm in with 2 chars

IceMistress (Blizz Sorc) and Eclat (Lit Sorc) (Both RRM)

And I can judge.

Also a question, will the judging be the same as last time? There was some discussion about giving points based on style, rarity, and usefulness. I really liked Cattleya's suggestion.
Hmm! I'm tempted.. but I don't know what characters to sign up. One could be my BF/Light trapper sin, but I'd need to quest a bit (3 acts) to get to Pindle.

I'll post here, if I manage to quest her that far by the end of the sign-up period.
I'm in.
I'll try three characters:
Brrrr lvl 94 blizzard sorc
Fortuna lvl 98 blizzard/fireball sorc
Coldasfire lvl 94 meteorb sorc
vanilla 1.11

I can judge also.
jjscud said:
Also a question, will the judging be the same as last time? There was some discussion about giving points based on style, rarity, and usefulness. I really liked Cattleya's suggestion.
Well, I use the similar and more simple evaluations just in my head and without any boundaries. I just compare the overall rarities (mostly in Atma for alvl 85 boss (giving less points for runes, because normal monsters drop them more then unique items) and the second view is the usefulness of the item (it contains item usefulness and stat rolls. I don't like to give points for a rarity from a monster (but I value items with TC75 and less and jewelry less, because Meph can drop them) and for a style.

I would like judges to vote according to their own scoring systems - but based on rarity and usefulness. But there will be no universal scoring system, because creating such a system would bring the endless debates.

And By the way, I am in with:
Hecathe, lvl 95 Blizzsorc
Astreon, lvl 91 Hammerdin
Viraya, lvl 96 Amazon
all 1.11b vanilla.

And I will be one of the judges.
I'm in this time. I will run with:

Emmefer
Level 80 Blizzard Sorc

Unholy_General
Level 89 Summon Necro

Kyleigh
Level 81 Meteorb

I am using the RWM, but none of these characters actually use, and have never used any of the realm only runewords. I don't know if that makes a difference to vanilla players, but I thought I would mention it anyway.
i think i'll enter, but only 1 char. i'll be going home and wont have my computer. its a tough call, but im going with:

gromph lvl 94 fishy

maybe i can get him to 95 before new years :D
I will enter with:

Frosty_Ploppy lvl 90 (atm) Blizzysorc RWM

DX
Sorry Hrus, I very rarely come here. World of Warcraft has consumed me, and I dont see myself playing D2 anytime soon. I have logged in from time to time to check out the TWD III tourney, thinking I can still play in that... but WoW is just that darn addictive.

Good luck Hrus! The MFL lives on, thanks to you. :xmas9:
I'll enter with Ice-Cream, my level 94 Full Tal Rasha's Wrappings Meteorb. Softcore, Vanilla, 1.11 LOD Expansion.

So, do we run whatever we want? o_O
Go on then! I'll have to dust her off a bit though.

Kiara - pure lightning zon - lvl 93 I think (it's been a while).
mad.as.a.meataxe said:
Go on then! I'll have to dust her off a bit though.

Kiara - pure lightning zon - lvl 93 I think (it's been a while).
yo said maam, glad to see in veterans g's like kiara, hecathe and frost-ploppy i think, and i'm in with mine: Katzenjammer, a lvl95 multizon, of course veteran of the league number one, you really thought that i'm out on this one?

i'm gonna kickin' out baal with her, as i got to enter another character for pindle purposes shortly, i don't know really
I'm in as always for these MF tourny's :)

Obfuscated_C lvl 94 Blizz Sork
Deckard_Pain lvl ** Horking WW Barb
1.11b HC RWM
I'm in..

Kresida - lvl 92 meteorb, Logain - lvl 92 hammerdin
Both 1.10 SC vanilla..
I'm in
1.11b RWM
CoolTrix - Level 71(atm) Blizzard Sorcy. Will level her up like crazy.

One question though. RWM users cannot use RWM runewords during MFing or since they were born?
SeDnA said:
I'm in
1.11b RWM
CoolTrix - Level 71(atm) Blizzard Sorcy. Will level her up like crazy.

One question though. RWM users cannot use RWM runewords during MFing or since they were born?
Only during MFing
Cormallon said:
I'm in with Tan-Tsu the blizz sorc.
Second char: MrSnow the wind druid.

I hope I'll have enough time to do the runs.
Whoopsies, just realised I can't use my barb because he's using an "Oath" CS. Change my chars to:

Obfuscated_C lvl 94 Blizz Sork
Stanley_KBurrel lvl ** Hammerdin

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High