[2004] Weaponless Tournament [by GooberGrape]

Jan 3, 2007
DISCLAIMER: Please do NOT post in this thread yet. We still need to migrate all posts from the old thread on diabloii.net to this thread. If you want to help, feel free to do so :)

To migrate a post, use the "multi-quote" function in the original thread for all posts of one page, insert the quotes, then copy and paste the text into this thread and insert quotes from original posts (i.e. quoted quotes) manually. Take a look at the latest post in this thread to see how migrated posts should look like. Once all posts from this thread have been migrated, the disclaimer will be removed and the thread open to new posts.

This tournament has already ended. It was originally started by GooberGrape on Jun 22, 2004. The last post was made Mar 19, 2005.
(
link to original thread on diabloii.net)

Weaponless Tournament: Now Recruiting!

WEAPONLESS TOURNAMENT:
by GooberGrape and JohnnyBravo

The Rules:

1: You must play HC.

2: You must do full clears. You can however skip areas and return to them later.

3: You can not repeat any areas. If you are forced to repeat an area, do not loot or touch any shrines.

4: No weapons are allowed.

5: You may use any other equipment you see fit.

6: Any players setting may be used and you can change it at any time.

7: You can not mule anything onto your character.

8: You can choose your class and may assign stat and skill points as you see fit.

9: You may use any merc at any time in any way you see fit, but they must go weaponless also.

10: You can not esc/save & exit to avoid death.

Exceptions to above rules:

A: The line of thrown potions may be used.

B: If you are playing assassin and using the kick line of skills you may not
use boots.

C: Charms and jewels are allowed, and recommended, to increase your damage.

D: Skills will be limited in the following ways:

Amazon: None

Assassin: Banned - Trap Tree.

Barbarian: Restricted - Warcry.

Druid: One minion cast at a time. Banned: Elemental Tree (Cyclone Armor is unrestricted).

Necromancer: One minion cast at a time. Restricted: Teeth, Corpse Explosion, Poison Explosion. Banned: Poison Dagger, Poison Nova, Bone Spear, Bone Spirit.

Paladin: Restricted - Holy Fire, Holy Freeze, Holy Shock. Banned - Blessed Hammer, Fist of the Heavens, Smite.

Sorceress: Limited to the following skills: Warmth, Enchant, Frost Nova, Teleport, Frozen Armor, Chilling Armor, Shiver Armor. Restricted - Frost Nova.

E: Restricted skills get only one point. You may use +skill items to boost restricted skills.

F: You may NOT use +skill items, charged items, or any other means to cast Banned skills. Banned skills may be used as prerequisites only.

12: Minor mulligan: if your character dies within Act1 normal, you get one reroll.

Prizes:

1) All unique/set weapons found by your character must go into a stash. Winner gets the stash. Yes, even if you find a Windforce, it goes in the stash. This is the WEAPONLESS tourney!

2) Runner-up prize: whoever collects the most green breastplates gets one pick from the stash, even if they RIP. Just think, it might grab you that Windforce.

These are the final rules for v1.10. I encourage you to download my weaponless tournament utility, it holds a few tips as well as the restricted/banned lists for each character. It can be found at:

www.geocities.com/selfinducedeuphoria/wtu.zip (add a space)

Just unzip everything into one folder. It's very small and downloads/runs very fast.

Post your character like this:
Name: Gaidoku
Class: Druid
Clvl: 24

Act/Diff: Act2 Normal
WP: Palace Cellar

Post all entries here. All questions/comments should also be directed here.

Good luck to all!

GG

Note: These are posts #2-20 from the original thread.

All right, I'm going to get started. Here's my info.

Name: Lynaris
Class: Assassin
Clvl: 1
Act/Diff: Act 1/normal
WP: Rogue Encampment
Name : SolMarek
Class : Necromancer
Clvl : 4
Act/Diff : Act1/Normal
Last Waypoint activated : Cold plains
Last Quest Completed : Den of evil
sounds interesting... guess i'll try

Post your character like this:
Name: Moradak
Class: Barbarian
Act/Diff: Act1 Normal
Sounds like a good enough time to start playing HC :)

Name: Fister
Class: Paladin
I have already started....

Name : Artanis
Class : Druid
Clvl : 9
Act/Diff : Act1 Normal
Last Waypoint activated : Stony Field
Last Quest Completed : Blood Raven

Man, full clears hurt bad when your on /players 8. :lol:
ok, sorry guys, that's WAY too boring for me... I got to the smith, and I'm falling asleep

to those who can stand it, have fun :-/
EmcEEmahEm said:
ok, sorry guys, that's WAY too boring for me... I got to the smith, and I'm falling asleep

to those who can stand it, have fun :-/
I prefer to call it "challenging". Sad to see you go!

I still haven't decided if I'm going to reroll or stick with my druid from JB's original Weaponless Tourney. Help me decide :scratch:

EDIT: The Tankazon tourney post just reminded me! You can save your imbue. This falls under Rule 2, but I thought I'd clarify before anyone wasted their imbue.

GG
GooberGrape said:
I still haven't decided if I'm going to reroll or stick with my druid from JB's original Weaponless Tourney. Help me decide :scratch:
I say you reroll to start with us n00bies! :lol:
Name: Miss_Knockout (shes a knockout...haha...and she knocks the uglies out with her mad boxing skills...well i hope she will neway :))
Class: Assasin
WP: Rogue Camp
Ok I'm in.

Name: SugarSmak
Char: Azteh
Class; Druid
Clvl: 4
WP: None, but blood moor is clear
heres a question i just thought of...

this is a weaponless game, and because of that kick assasins can not use boots as they are the weapons of the skill. can kick assasins hold a weapon in their hand if they do NOT attack with it?

i am guessing no, but guess i should ask since someone else might also be wondering :)
BaNiSeR said:
heres a question i just thought of...

this is a weaponless game, and because of that kick assasins can not use boots as they are the weapons of the skill. can kick assasins hold a weapon in their hand if they do NOT attack with it?

i am guessing no, but guess i should ask since someone else might also be wondering :)
Rule #4. That's the same question I asked during JohnnyBravo's original tourney. He decided to ban all weapons, otherwise casters would become immensely powerful. Imagine a necro with +6 to Corpse Explosion, for example. I stick by his decision, and the rules stand as written.

Thanks for asking! I enjoy debating logical arguments like that.

GG
SuperSavage said:
I say you reroll to start with us n00bies! :lol:
That sounds like a challenge?

Name: Avvelenato (Avi for you non-Italians)

WP: Rogue Camp

See you on the Blood Moor!

GG
I can't download the zip file from your website. Is there a problem?
Saucy said:
I can't download the zip file from your website. Is there a problem?
Try putting a space after the link in the URL bar. geocities is picky about that.

GG
Here's a little update about SolMarek adventures.

Name : SolMarek
Class : Necromancer
Clvl : 8
Last Waypoint activated : Cold plains

He had a hard time on players 4 doing full clear. Coldcrow was extremely long to kill with her and her minions freezing me and my clay golem. Try to damage a boss that shoots arrows at you with your 1-2 dmg fist with a 30 frame attack.. Not any other noticeable things happened, except for all those rare caps that dropped. Every monster out there seemed to drop a cap. So no gloves or boots for him, but a nice set of different hat to put on ;)
Name : Boxer
Class : Barbarian
Clvl : 10
Next Area for Clear: Stony Field
Name: Lynaris
Class: Assassin
Clvl: 8
WP: Cold Plains
Cleared Areas: Blood Moor, Den of Evil, Cold Plains

Well, things started off slow going through at /players 8. Then I hit Clvl 6, put a point in Fists of Fire for synergy later on with Phoenix Strike. Having never played weaponless before, I didn't think Fists of Fire would work without a katar. But I decided to try it on the off chance, and wonder of wonders, it does work. Now, combining Fists of Fire and slvl 1 Burst of Speed, I'm able to kill much more quickly. Now I just need to get to Clvl 10 so I can use the cold damage sc I picked up, and all will be going well. Since I hit Clvl 8 I decided to go ahead and hire a rogue to help out, and we'll be heading after Blood Raven when I play next.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High