[2004] 'Three Way Dance II' - HC 1.10 Tournament [by PSYCHO]

Jan 3, 2007
DISCLAIMER: Please do NOT post in this thread yet. We still need to migrate all posts from the old thread on diabloii.net to this thread. If you want to help, feel free to do so :)

To migrate a post, use the "multi-quote" function in the original thread for all posts of one page, insert the quotes, then copy and paste the text into this thread and insert quotes from original posts (i.e. quoted quotes) manually. Take a look at the latest post in this thread to see how migrated posts should look like. Once all posts from this thread have been migrated, the disclaimer will be removed and the thread open to new posts.

This tournament has already ended. It was originally started by PSYCHO on Aug 15, 2005. The last post was made Nov 15, 2005.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

'Three Way Dance II' - H.C 1.10 Tournament

Following the success of the first 'Three Way Dance' tournament it was only logical to run another tournament, in its likeness, after its completion. I've made some revisions to the rules to make this tournament a lot more interesting (and frustrating), in parts. Special thanks go out to CraZySorc and tyrant. for their assistance and ideas. Registrations close on the 13th of September, so there is plenty of time to contemplate what characters and builds will be apart of your team :).

Tournament Rules

Character Restrictions
  • Choose three characters - all characters MUST be from a different class
  • ALL characters are to be Hardcore
  • Living characters must stay within ONE Act of each other
  • Characters can ONLY utilise two skills trees, not all three

Item Restrictions
  • Items can be bought from ALL Acts and difficulties
  • Items used may ONLY be Normal, Magic, Rare or Runic
  • Crafted, Set and Unique items CANNOT be used on characters or mercenaries at any point except outlined by the 'Character Rewards' section below
  • Mule off Set and Unique items (preferably onto stashes please)
  • Skills granted by an item for a skill tree that you do not use CANNOT be used if that item is equipped (IE: if a Sorc is using Fire and Cold skills, and uses an Orb with +1 to Teleport on it, the Orb can be used, but the Teleport skill cannot). This ALSO includes inherent skills from socketed items made into Runic items and 'for-all-character' skills present on such runewords as 'Enigma'
  • Charges are perfectly acceptable

Character Rewards
As an added bonus, players are now given the option of equipping a Unique, Set or Crafted item of their choice when they:

• Have made Destroyer
  • And again when they've made Conqueror
  • Unique, Set and Crafted items that are to be used on characters CANNOT be muled off onto a stash and then back on when the Destroyer/Conqueror milestone has been reached. However they can be placed on your remaining tournament characters for safe-keeping

The item slots available are as follows:

1. Headgear (includes Primal Helms and Animal Pelts)
  2. Body Armour
  3. Belts
  4. Gloves
  5. Boots
  6. Shields (includes Paladin Shields and Necromancer Trophies)
  7. Weapons (includes Sorceress Orbs and Amazon Bows/Javelins/Pikes)
  8. Jewellery (rings and amulet)
  9. Mercenary Headgear (includes Primal Helms for Act V Barbarians)
  10. Mercenary Weapons
  11. Mercenary Armour (includes Shields for Act III Eastern Sorcerers)

But there is a catch that I shall explain. You are only allowed to choose ONE DEDICATED ITEM SLOT per milestone. Not only that, but the two item slots you plan to use MUST be decided BEFORE playing that character. For example:

A player using a Sorceress decides to choose '7. Weapons' as her slot reward for making Destroyer and '2. Body Armour' when she has become a Conqueror. This now CANNOT be changed once he has commenced playing the Sorceress. If this player happens to find a Unique or Set Weapon for his Sorceress (or Crafts one), he MUST leave it on his Sorceress character or give it to one of his other tournament characters for temporary storage. It CANNOT be muled off onto his tournament stash and then put back on once he has made Destroyer with that Sorceress.

Play Restrictions
  • All quests MUST be completed before moving onto the next Act
  • Quests do NOT have to be completed in order
  • Visiting previous difficulties is NOT allowed unless to socket or imbue items
  • Trading is NOT allowed between different players in this tournament, but it IS allowed between your own three characters

Special notes
  • The Cow King MUST be killed before moving onto the next difficulty
  • Returning the Horadric Malus to Charsi and defeating Nihlathak are sufficient for completing those quests in Act I and Act V. It is up to you whether or not you use the imbue and engrave rewards

Rewards
  • 1 point per completed quest
  • 3 points for finishing Normal difficulty (making Destroyer)
  • 5 points for finishing Nightmare difficulty (making Conqueror)
  • 10 points for finishing Hell difficulty (making Guardian)
  • 1 point for killing the Cow King on Normal difficulty
  • 3 points for killing the Cow King on Nightmare difficulty
  • 7 points for killing the Cow King on Hell difficulty
  • 1 item slot granted for finishing Normal Difficulty (making Destroyer)
  • 1 item slot granted for finishing Nightmare Difficulty (making Conqueror)

Helpful Numbers
  • 30 points per character finishing Normal (31 points including killing the Cow King)
  • 63 points per character finishing Nightmare (66 points including killing both Cow Kings)
  • 103 points per character finishing Hell (110 points including killing all Cow Kings)

There it is folks! Everybody's welcomed to join, but remember that this is not for the weak of heart or impatient. The first tournament ran for well over a year, so unless you are determined to be in it for the long haul, think twice about signing up ;)

Oh, by the way - the tournament starts NOW! :D

I present to the SPF:

Team P§ÃÇHÕ
Cristahlia - (Amazon - Passive/Bow) - lvl 1 - Act I Nml
Dysarinad - (Necro - Summon/Curse) - lvl 1 - Act I Nml
Martabian - (Druid - Summon/Elem.) - lvl 1 - Act I Nml

Cristahlia's chosen slots are '7. Weapons' for making Destroyer and '10. Mercenary Weapons' for making Conqueror.

Dysarinad's chosen slots are '7. Weapons' for making Destroyer and '6. Shields' for making Conqueror.

Martabian's chosen slots are '1. Headgear' for making Destroyer and '10. Mercenary Weapons' for making Conqueror.

Note: These are posts #2-20 from the original thread.

👏 :surprise:

Ill definetaly join , but ill be out for 2 weeks from now.I Hope its ok

Team Fruits

Barbarian Lemon - Warcries/Combat skills - weapons (7) for making a destroyer and helms (1) for conqueror
Amazon Apple - Bow/passives - weapons (7) for making a destroyer and mercenary weapons (10)
Sorceress Grape - fire/cold - body armor (2) for making a destroyer and weapons (7) for conqueror

And a question : does runic means runewords?
Indeed. Runic does mean 'Runewords' :)

See you in two weeks - it's perfectly fine :D
Allright, I'll join :D

I saw the progress of the Dance and it seems really nice. I'll probably take quite alot of time since I'm not experienced with playing untwincked :lol: and I choose a necro and an assa since I never played HC in SP too, my pally will make up for the fighting part hehe....

Team Saint
1. Josef - Necromancer - Summon / curse, clvl 1, act I - Nml
weapon slot Destroyer, helm slot Conquerer
2. Mary - Assasin - Trap / Passive, clvl 1, act I - Nml
helm slot Destroyer, weapon slot Conquerer
3. Jesus - Paladin - Combat / Offencive aura's, clvl 1, act I Nml
weapon slot Destroyer, armor slot Conquerer

I haven't decided on the pala build but.. he'll manage :D

:drink: Sint

ps. You can mule between your players right? (IE if I find a necro head with my assa)
Yes, trading between your three players is perfectly legal :). Welcome to the tournament!
Count me in too!

I will enter team Steel

Steel_Sword
Barbarian (Combat/Warcry) Destroyer - Weapon Conq - Armor
Steel_Poison Necro (P&B/Curses) Destroyer - Gloves Conq - Armor
Steel_Magic Sorc (Fire/Lit) Destroyer - Gloves Conq - Armor
Sounds like fun, I'll join too!

Team Eddings

Sorceress Polgara (lightning/cold) - Destroyer: Weapon, Conquerer: Merc Weapon
Amazon Liselle (jav/passive) - Destroyer: Weapon, Conquerer: Merc Weapon
Necromancer Zedar (bone/curse) - Destroyer: Weapon, Conquerer: Shield
I'm in on this one too.

Team Estrogen

Kadiya - (Amazon - Passive/Bow) - lvl 1 - Act I Nml (D: Weapon, C: Gloves)
Haramis - (Sorc - Cold/Lightning) - lvl 1 - Act I Nml (D: Jewelry, C: Merc Weapon)
Anigel - (Assassin - Shadow/Trap) - lvl 1 - Act I Nml (D: Armor, C: Jewelry)

One question that probably was answered way back in the early days of the first tourney. I'm reading this that there probably is no muling allowed other than the stated rewards. Is this correct? Just wondering if its allowed to mule off gems and whatnot for storage, or if everything has to stay on one or another of the "dancers"
Interesting modifications Psycho. Looks like fun :) But I'm going to pass on this one. I'm overcommitted as it is, both in RL and the game :(

But good luck to all!!
Seems like a great idea! I won't be able to get started until at least the 23'rd (on vacation), but will have plenty of time after that.

Team Dracon:

Dracon_Geas: Sorceress - Fire/Lightning - Destroyer: Body Armor - Conqueror: Headgear

Dracon_Dweomer: Necromancer - Summon/Curse - Destroyer: Weapon - Conqueror: Body Armor

Dracon_Slainte: Paladin - Combat/Offensive Aura - Destroyer: Weapon - Conqueror: Shield

Should be fun! Cheers, and see you in a week!
P§ÃÇHÕ said:
Character Rewards
As an added bonus, players are now given the option of equipping a Unique, Set or Crafted item of their choice when they:

• Have made Destroyer
  • And again when they've made Conqueror
  • Unique, Set and Crafted items that are to be used on characters CANNOT be muled off onto a stash and then back on when the Destroyer/Conqueror milestone has been reached. However they can be placed on your remaining tournament characters for safe-keeping
I have a question about how this list is to be interpreted. Do you have to equip the item immediately after they become a destroyer/conqueror, or can it be any time after gaining the title? If the first interpretation is correct, you must already have the item you want to equip by the time you are able to equip it.

I intend to enter this tournament, but haven't decided on what characters to play yet. :scratch:
May I participate too? I am free for a year or so! :D

Meet my team:

[highlight]Mages of Rainbow[/highlight]
Iarde Blue – Cold Caster (Bow/Passive Zon).
Rose Red – Fire Caster (Trap/Shadow Sin).
Delon Yellow – Lighting Caster (Combat/Offensive Pal).

(I’ll try to equip them with correct colored armors too :D)

Item slots:
Iarde – Own weapon (Destroyer) and own helm (Coquiror).
Rose – Own armor (Destroyer) and merc’s weapon (Coquiror).
Delon – Jewellery (Destroyer) and Boots (Coquiror).

Good luck to All! Momento mori!

P.S. I’ll play them after finishing my current necro (Guardian or RIP) – he is lvl83 now.
I'm definitely in on this one.

Paladin: Combat and offensive. Destroyer slot - Shield / Conqueror slot / Merc Weapon
Barbarian: Combat and Warcries. Destroyer slot - Helm / Conqueror slot - Merc Weapon
Sorceress: Fire and Cold. Slayer slot - Destroyer slot - Weapon / Conqueror slot - Helm
Woot! I'm on the board with some points.

Team Steel

Steel_Sword lvl 16 Barbarian (Combat/Warcry) Act II 6 pts.
Steel_Poison lvl 1 Necro (P&B/Curses) Act I 0 pts.
Steel_Magic lvl 1 Sorc (Fire/Lit) Act I 0 pts.

Total 6 pts.

Finds
Rixot's Keen, Axe of Fechmar
Iorek said:
I'm definitely in on this one.

Paladin: Combat and offensive. Destroyer slot - Shield / Conqueror slot / Merc Weapon
Barbarian: Combat and Warcries. Destroyer slot - Helm / Conqueror slot - Merc Weapon
Sorceress: Fire and Cold. Slayer slot - Destroyer slot - Weapon / Conqueror slot - Helm
o_O I wonder why I typed Slayer slot in there.....<.>;;

Also, I WANT A COOKIE.
Hehe I figured I'd get a head start allready so I won't fall behind too much later on.. all my chars are level 7 now :D (I hate doing act 1 and then act 1 again.. I like it better to just to the den of evil and then the den again :lol: )

[HIGHLIGHT]Team Saint[/HIGHLIGHT]

1. Josef - Necromancer - Summon / Curse, clvl 7, act I - Nml
weapon slot Destroyer, helm slot Conquerer
Quest done: Den of Evil
Reportings: Nothing happened so far, no items mentionable.

2. Mary - Assasin - Trap / Passive, clvl 7, act I - Nml
helm slot Destroyer, weapon slot Conquerer
Reportings: Nope, nothing here too.

3. Jesus - Paladin - Combat / Offencive aura's, clvl 7, act I Nml
weapon slot Destroyer, armor slot Conquerer
Reportings: wondered why I didn't pick the jewelery slot because I discovered a manald or cathan's can be usefull every now and then.

Still haven't decided on my pala yet, I'm going to make a zealot .. but a fana? freeze? dunno..

Question:
I know you can't use 3 skill tabs, but can you allocate points in 3 tabs for prereqs? (like the defiance -- holy shield prereq)
My pala build kinda depends on that :D

:drink: Sint

EDIT: 3 points so far! lol..
hey guys, this sounds like fun. unfortunately, i'm on vacation until the end of this month, but hey, why not register now while i remember?

Team Awesome!
Amazon Happy_Camper (Passive/Bow) Destroyer: Gloves; Conquerer: Weapon
Necromancer Death_Bringer (Summoning/P&B) Destroyer: Weapon; Conquerer: Shield
Sorceress Lady_Fire (Fire/Cold) Destroyer: Shield; Conquerer: Helm

This should be interesting for me... Never played a sorc past A3 Normal (the one i'm playing now), never played either of the other two classes, and i've never played HC (SC PRIDE! w00t!) lets see how fast i die a horrible, horrible death. well, at least i'm in for the next two weeks (hello vacation time!)

-elchicoenblanco
Can we change the equipment in our chosen slot for the diffculty rewards as we find better?

I'm in once again and now for my team.

Team kaitsija

kuolema - assasin - trap/shadow
Rauha - necro - summon/curse
Metsä - druid - summon/elemental

Item slots
Kuolema - Destroyer slot Armor - Conquerer slot Mercenary Weapon
Rauha - Destroyer slot Weapon - Conquerer slot Shield
Metsä - Destroyer slot Headgear - Conquerer slot Shield
Ok, I'm in. This will be my first leap into HC difficulty. Wish me luck. :)

Team Gems

Sapphire: Assassin (Traps/Shadow Disciplines) D: 7, C: 2
Skull: Necromancer (P&B/Curses) D: 6, C: 10
Topaz: Druid (Elemental/Summoning) D: 1, C: 7

I won't be able to play all that often due to a hefty working schedule :(
Hehe I figured I'd get a head start allready so I won't fall behind too much later on.. all my chars are level 7 now (I hate doing act 1 and then act 1 again.. I like it better to just to the den of evil and then the den again )
Weird, I did exactly the same thing. Weird thing is, all my characters made it to level 7 also, despite the fact that my assassin found 3!! Exp Shrines in the Blood Moor.
Question:
I know you can't use 3 skill tabs, but can you allocate points in 3 tabs for prereqs? (like the defiance -- holy shield prereq)
My pala build kinda depends on that

I'm guessing you mean synergy rather than prerequisite. AFAIK, there are no skills that require points in other trees before skills can be assigned. I'm also guessing the answer to your question is no, but I'm not the boss. :uhhuh:

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High