[2004] The Shadowsin Tourney [by GregTheGreat]

Jan 3, 2007
DISCLAIMER: Please do NOT post in this thread yet. We still need to migrate all posts from the old thread on diabloii.net to this thread. If you want to help, feel free to do so :)

To migrate a post, use the "multi-quote" function in the original thread for all posts of one page, insert the quotes, then copy and paste the text into this thread and insert quotes from original posts (i.e. quoted quotes) manually. Take a look at the latest post in this thread to see how migrated posts should look like. Once all posts from this thread have been migrated, the disclaimer will be removed and the thread open to new posts.

This tournament has already ended. It was originally started by GregTheGreat on Sep 4, 2004. (link to original thread on diabloii.net)

The Shadowsin Tourney!!

Hello, I'm your host Gregthegreat and I'm introducing the Shadowsin!

Yes the Three Way Dance II may be on but some people may find it too time consuming and want a more simple tourament.

Rules.
HC Only.
Untwinked.
You may mule off items but not on.
Put all spare unique and set items in the prize stash.
Send your prize stash to g**@**.com.
You may MP with other tourney chars.

Game Rules.
Assasin only.
You may only use Shadow Discipline moves.
You may run areas for items/exp.
Have Fun.

Winning.
First person to make guardian.

P.s I will play when more people join.

Note: These are posts #2-20 from the original thread.

GregTheGreat said:
Hello, I'm your host Gregthegreat and I'm introducing the Shadowsin!

Yes the Three Way Dance II may be on but some people may find it too time consuming and want a more simple tourament.

Rules.
HC Only.
Untwinked.
You may mule off items but not on.
Put all spare unique and set items in the prize stash.
Send your prize stash to g**@**.com.
You may MP with other tourney chars.

Game Rules.
Assasin only.
You may only use Shadow Discipline moves.
You may run areas for items/exp.
Have Fun.

Winning.
First person to make guardian.

P.s I will play when more people join.
It's impossible man! You're crazy!

I'm in, sign-up Sneaky-BarrenII
status

Well, this will be my first HC char. Narrowing all the skills down to one tree seems very interesting. Thought I'd give you a status of my ASN.

RayneDark - 22asn
ClawMast: 5, PysHam: 1, BoSpd: 5, WepBlk: 1, CoShd: 1, ShdWar: 5
Quests: ActI - Completed, ActII - Radament & Cube Completed

She was very lucky to find Artic Furs off Bloodraven, then Artic Belt off Andy! So, her cold res is capped =p. She also found a "12% dmg taken goes to mana" jewel which I socketed into a Full Helm. Her 65%CtB Boneshield, 55% ED Scissors Katar, rare gloves, rare boots were all Gambled in ActII with found money. Rings are MDR by 1 x2 and Ammy is PDR by 2. She's fully cleared all of ActI on p8 (inc. Andy) and Sewers, Rocky Waste, Dry Hills, Halls of Dead in ActII also on p8. She's really fun and I hope I don't bite it before I get my Destroyer title. I might just park her after I kill Baal so I can have a Destroyer on my char select page =). GL to all who are participating!

--Pyrce
barren said:
It's impossible man! You're crazy!
Hardly. I still have mine in act 1 hell from the grab-bag tourney. :D

P.S. You'll find yourselves using mind blast and cloak of shadows a lot.
Seriously tempted to try this out, it seems kinda fun... my Assassin will be called Shadowflitter, and since I've never played HC seriously before, or any Tourniment, wish me luck!

edit : I noticed the rule about muleing off, but not on.. does this mean that if I mule something off the character and later find I can use it, that I cant put it back on?
XaviarGangrel I should of put that in the rules.
Yes you may mule off and back again but only the same item.
Thats good, I'm only on the second quest and I'm already starting to fill my stash with gems, lol.

Good fun with only one Tree, but Assassins are really easy early game I find, I wonder how quickly it'll become really hard.
ill try this out, ill try to get started tonight, but im already getting kinda tired, so i dont know how much longer i will be able to hold out against the sleep

she will be named II-suseJ
Sounds like fun. My Shadowsin's name is Darker_Nights. 👍

:teeth:
The Shadow skills tree is one of the most useful and versatile of all the 21 skill trees in D2. You have two excellent crowd control skills, an excellent minion and BoS/Fade and Venom are just awesome skills.

Making Guardian would be an achievement (aren´t they all?), but it´s far from impossible.

I don´t have time for this tourney, but good luck to all who participate! :flip:
I agree , shadow is the more powerful tree of d2. No time just right now but I will perhaps go later.

ps : when you introduce a new tourney, it will be honest to give a price in more than the unique and green founded !

ps 🇵🇸 if you must give all green and uniques, you can't use them !
nemar said:
ps : when you introduce a new tourney, it will be honest to give a price in more than the unique and green founded !

ps 🇵🇸 if you must give all green and uniques, you can't use them !
What I think Greg meant is that you should put the spare (i.e. the ones you don´t want to use) set/unique items in a prize stash.
jiansonz said:
said:
What I think Greg meant is that you should put the spare (i.e. the ones you don´t want to use) set/unique items in a prize stash.
thats the way i understood it also. gonna go and get started on her now, since im refreshed from all that sleep :p wish me luck

edit : if anyone wants to MP, ill be happy to do so, playing alone can get kinda boring sometimes :(
I might as well post an MP game if I am going to play.
Tourney Shadowsin's only, 1.10 HC
Act 1 normal - First Quest. (didn't have a chance to play her last night)
IP: [highlight]****[/highlight]
Welcome all Shadowsin's !! :D

Darker_Nights the ShadowSin will be your Host! (hopefully someone joins)
Never Played in a tourney before. I'll give it a go. Time now is 6:55 PM EST. I've never had a guardian either.

My assn's name will be Butch.

I doubt I will get past NM diff. Heres to the end of a wonderfull Laborday weekend *raises bottle of Sam Adams in toast and gulps* :buddies:
Butch just rescued Cain. She's lvl 15. Is it against the rules for someone to give me some pointers on sta and skill placement? I am CLUELESS. Just end game skill options and stat placement would be cool. This is HC so I've been investing str,dex,vit =ly.

As for notable equipment I have found Hsarus' Iron Fist and the Infernal Cranium. With MF at zero.
Fusion_Ice said:
I might as well post an MP game if I am going to play.
Tourney Shadowsin's only, 1.10 HC
Act 1 normal - First Quest. (didn't have a chance to play her last night)
IP: ***
Welcome all Shadowsin's !! :D

Darker_Nights the ShadowSin will be your Host! (hopefully someone joins)
My game down, Not one soul stepped into my game (as I expected). Anyways, I stopped playing for awhile when I hosted and left the game up- (hoping someone joins) then I played again and rescued cain at lvl 14. Played players 8 most of the time cause I found a 2 socketed wristblade and put a topaz and a 5 to max damage and some to AR jewel, and I had a lvl 5 Burst of Speed. It was fun even playing alone (some company would have been nice) I might host again later or tomorrow.

I will be lerking around in the shadows. Until next time, :drink:

Fusion :teeth:
sorry fusion, i would have played had i seen you're message while the game was still up
i think i'm in... Shadowsin named Greyzone
cholerajoe said:
Butch just rescued Cain. She's lvl 15. Is it against the rules for someone to give me some pointers on sta and skill placement? I am CLUELESS. Just end game skill options and stat placement would be cool. This is HC so I've been investing str,dex,vit =ly.

As for notable equipment I have found Hsarus' Iron Fist and the Infernal Cranium. With MF at zero.
clock of shadow : 1 point no more (you must wait end of spell to cast another one, and you don't want to wait to long time)

mind blast : 1 point, no more : you'll use it to knock back monster and stone, not to convert. This spell will be you're ready weapon left.

shadow master : 20 points, it is you're weapon , it is you're armor, it is all for you ! max asap !!!

venom : 20 points, first source of damage , not important to upgrate first.

burst of speed : 1 point , with +skill it's enough, to you to see if you can up a hight level. a choice is to boost it and walk (not run)

weapon block : it depend of you're equipment , if you use 2 claw, up up up

fade : don't use is same time bos, if you use it boost max a high level.

suggestion
20 shadow master
20 venom
20 weapon block
20 fade
1 points for others.

stat : you don't need a lot of mana and you can use potion so 0
streng and dext and live : the same until 75
after up strengh and dext only what you need (depend equipment) all rest in hp (if you use 2 claws and more dext if you use a shield)

I suggest to use 2 claw with +skill to sumon master and cast venom and use all the time a throwing weapon and a shield (like a knife with extra damage like lighting)

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High