[2004] The Scavenger Hunt [Tournament by ron]

Jan 3, 2007
DISCLAIMER: Please do NOT post in this thread yet. We still need to migrate all posts from the old thread on diabloii.net to this thread. If you want to help, feel free to do so :)

To migrate a post, use the "multi-quote" function in the original thread for all posts of one page, insert the quotes, then copy and paste the text into this thread and insert quotes from original posts (i.e. quoted quotes) manually. Take a look at the latest post in this thread to see how migrated posts should look like. Once all posts from this thread have been migrated, the disclaimer will be removed and the thread open to new posts.

This tournament has already ended. It was originally started by ron on Dec 14, 2004. The last post was made Dec 31, 2004. (link to original thread on diabloii.net)

The Scavenger Hunt

Hi, I am bored and want to start a project. I was thinking about a HC Scavenger Hunt type tournament. It will not last too long (hopefully), but I think it could be a lot of fun.

Keep in mind, I am typing this off the top of my head, so it may be slightly flawed.

Contest Start time will be Friday 18 Dec, 2004.
The rules.
1. HC Untwinked No limit to class or skills.
2. First person to complete Sigons Set wins.
3. Only muling off, no muling on.
4. Each piece of Sigons must be equiped as soon as possible. You MUST do everything in your power (str charms, jewelry, skill points) to meet the requirements to wear each piece as you find it.
5. All stash files from each contestant will be awarded to the winner.
6. Act Bosses can only be run 3 times each.

I see this contest being over before the end of NM difficulty. Therefore, to sweeten the pot I will add a Grand Prize from my stash. ***The Grand Prize is a SC item*** Not HC item...just want to be clear on that.

Grand Prize item is a 22% resist all Mara's.
Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xc300fdfc
+5 to Strength
+5 to Energy
+5 to Dexterity
+5 to Vitality
All Resistances +22
+2 to All Skill Levels

I hope to see some interest here, or I will have to think of something else!

Note: These are posts #2-20 from the original thread.

Are runs allowed or is it a run through - all clear - that's it thingy?
Runs are limited to 3 times per boss. Areas may be cleared as many times as you like.
I'm in. I've got a couple HC characters I wanted to start, anyway, so, since there is no restriction, I'll enter with one of those...

Thus begins Darius the Paladin. He'll have no problems wearing Sigon's, when he gets it.

Just Act bosses have the restriction, right? We can kill, for example, Blood Raven or the Countess as many times as we want, right?

Porius
Yeah, just act bosses have the limitation. I planned on making some new HC characters as well, plus I didn't see the need/point in having character limitations. After the contest is over, keep me up to date on how your HC characters are doing ok? I will be working on new HC characters the same level, and it is always nice to have company!
This shoudl be easy if you know which area can drop all pieces

then constantly run that area the rest is luck.....
does our hc have to be startin from lvl 1, and also does it have to be in a mp game, or what???
I am in.... Still figuring out the character name... and class... but I am in!
I like the idea for this tourney. Cool concept. I'll join. I wanted to start a skellymancer anyway.
quick question:

If I make a fury druid, can I switch weapons to a bonesnap or something like that once I find the shield, or do need to keep it on all of the time?

edit: basically, can we use switch weapons to deal with certain monsters, or do we have to stick with the shield once we get it.
Yep, brand new level 1 characters. (for an even playing field)

You may keep shield on switch and use a 2 handed weapon if you wish. As long as the sigons set is equiped in an item slot when you find it.

Yeah, it shouldn't be too hard, just a matter of getting some lucky drops! I didn't want to make a contest that would last for months and months. This one shouldn't take more than a week or two at most.
Sounds funny. Although I don't have that much time, I'll try to participate with a barbarian. Would be my first HC char ever :xsmile:
hey, can we get this posted in the tournament sticky?
I will have no free time this weekend, but if someone will not win until monday, I would join.
I'm in. I've wanted to create a Lightning Zon in HC for a while but most tourney's have been too restrictive.

So, here goes Faith, the Furyzon.

Still starting tomorrow?

Edit: And I promise not to win before Monday.
Yeah, thats why I didn't add too many restrictions. Maybe after this one is over we will look for other sets or items with the same characters, just to give them something to do while leveling/questing.

Good luck to everyone entering! Make sure you report your progress. Include how far you get in the game, and of course, anytime you find a piece of the set.

I will be starting tomorrow after work with a lightning/cold sorc.

I have started a HC character of each type, and they are all between level 7-17 except the sorc which I saved for the start of this contest. I hope this goes well. If it does, I will be doing more of these mini-contests to keep the momentum going.

I also consider this OUR project, not just mine. If any of you have ideas or suggestions, post here or PM me and we will decide what our next goal is after the Sigons hunt. Thanks for your interest in this, and I am looking forward to reading about your adventures!
Hi, I have some time to start a character, but I will have not the time tomorrow and day after tomorrow, so I hope this tournament won't be over on Monday (thanks jjscud)
I also suppose you mean the tournament starts Friday 17th December (error at the rule post !?), because you write you will start on Friday.

I've decided to start Orb/Hydra Sorc just because I want to try that build now.

So I introduce: sorceress Triss
i would be keen to take part in this tournament as I want to start a FOH Palladin, But I think I am a little overcommitted at the moment. Maybe when one of my Other tournie characters dies off.
Opps. Yeah. Friday the 17th of December. Today. Now. Sorry about that.
If it's not too late, i'd love to join!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High