[2004] Just an impossible idea [Tournament by DeathMaster]

Jan 3, 2007
DISCLAIMER: Migration finished :)

This tournament has already ended. It was originally started by DeathMaster on Sep 2, 2004. Last post was made Sep 26, 2004. (
link to original thread on diabloii.net)

just an impossible idea

I just had an idea, a quick (really quick) tourny idea.

How about make a naked sorc in HC, using only three skills -> the three cold armor! that's it, nothing else, not even melee attack. see how far you can go.

sort like a sucide tourny -> how far you can go/how many you can "kill" before you die.

This may invovle the act5 option. so rules will be something like this:

HC, no pick up, all stat points spend to eng, no weapon, only cold armor (only shiver and chilling could kill) allowed, no potion, no back to town once out, no any other healing (eg. well), no ring/amulet, the most killing win.

Rules update (Sep 3, 2004)

Ok, I changed the rules a bit (after made the char):
1. everyone interested will have to ask me to send a pre-made char to you, I already assigned the stat points, now you have 152 life, and 36 defence (some went vit, rest Dex).
2. I also assigned 5 skill points, to get all three armors. how to spend the rest is upto you.
3. only use the cold armors, no attack, not even punch. all kill must be made by the cold damage by your armors. No cold mastery.
4. no pick up, no posion, no back to town once you walk out the rouge camp, no any other healing (eg. well). If for any reason you have to save&exit before you got killed, you will need to restart.
5. no talk to NPC.
6. try to kill as many as you can, before you get killed.
7. try to go as far as you can if possible.
8. if you see a shaman, you need to try to kill him before killing the small guys, otherwise you can kill many small guys, just by standing there.
9. there is no prize, apart you can ask perfect gem or full rej posion, I have a lot of them.
10. each "boss" killing score 3, each small guy score 1. each WP score 3. write down your total score. the highest win.
11. you can start anytime you feel like, it won't take long, but it may take a while, so I suggest you do it while you have a lot of free time.
12. if you need to take a phone call, you can push the game, or pick up a TP, back to town, but no healing!!!

my email d**@**.com

Note: These are posts #2-20 from the original thread

That'd be a VERY quick tourney, lol. Personally i'd be surprised if anyone could get past the Stony Fields with that many restrictions.
slow punching would kill, but i guess the sorcs won't last too long....
No melee attack - not even punching? If so, then you would have to use -act5 just to get skills to make a first kill :)

Also, no vit = no stamina. So it will be a short tourney indeed!

Count me in :teeth:
If -act5 makes yer sorc too "studly" (riiiight) then you could opt for -act2 or -act3. If those are still enabled in 1.10, one of those should get you to a level where you can use the desired armor but without going overboard.

Your call, since I am going to cower in Atma's tavern while you go forth naked against the forces of hell. Luck to you!
AlterEgo said:
No melee attack - not even punching? If so, then you would have to use -act5 just to get skills to make a first kill :)

Also, no vit = no stamina. So it will be a short tourney indeed!

Count me in :teeth:
That was the core of the idea. No attack = not even punch! if you can punch, someone killed andy with total naked sorc with no points spend what so ever.

So it will look like: using act5 make a naked sorc, then get the skills up (cold armors), walk out of act1 camp, and "dead woman walking" + "take someone else with her". With the rules I posted before, who is interested?

*If I'm not mistaking, the cold armors deal "good" amount of damage in act1 normal, you can certainly kill quit few before get killed.
-act5? what does that mean?
Don't worry, it is a D2 command. what it does: make a new char start at act5, with no WP or quest complete, and start at lvl33, so you can assign skills points. It is considered a cheat if you use it on normal play, but for this special idea, it is must (plus, your sorc won't live & no pick up, so no worry).

If you are interested, I can make you one, and email to you.
Mordalles said:
-act5? what does that mean?
Dunno, please explain, as I might be interested... I haven't the time for long turneys, but this sounds short ;)
DeathMaster said:
said:
If you are interested, I can make you one, and email to you.
Could you make one for me? r**@**.dk

Thanks in advance
Btw, I cannot start before monday, but if that's alright I'm in
1. everyone interested will have to ask me to send a pre-made char to you, I already assigned the stat points, now you have 152 life, and 36 defence (some went vit, rest Dex).
2. I also assigned 5 skill points, to get all three armors. how to spend the rest is upto you.
3. only use the cold armors, no attack, not even punch. all kill must be made by the cold damage by your armors. No cold mastery.
4. no pick up, no posion, no back to town once you walk out the rouge camp, no any other healing (eg. well). If for any reason you have to save&exit before you got killed, you will need to restart.
5. no talk to NPC.
6. try to kill as many as you can, before you get killed.
7. try to go as far as you can if possible.
8. if you see a shaman, you need to try to kill him before killing the small guys, otherwise you can kill many small guys, just by standing there.
9. there is no prize, apart you can ask perfect gem or full rej posion, I have a lot of them.
10. each "boss" killing score 3, each small guy score 1. each WP score 3. write down your total score. the highest win.
11. you can start anytime you feel like, it won't take long, but it may take a while, so I suggest you do it while you have a lot of free time.
12. if you need to take a phone call, you can push the game, or pick up a TP, back to town, but no healing!!!

my email d**@**.com
I made an -act 2 version last night as a warm up. This will be an interesting contest. :teeth:

DeathMaster said:

I'm glad you added some vit/dex 👍

I'm a bit confused by the scoring. I understand 1 point for normal monster kill, 3 for waypoints. But what is a "boss"? Is a shaman a boss? What about champions?

I'm still in of course :) Send me a char at j**@**.net
AlterEgo said:
I made an -act 2 version last night as a warm up. This will be an interesting contest. :teeth: I'm glad you added some vit/dex 👍

I'm a bit confused by the scoring. I understand 1 point for normal monster kill, 3 for waypoints. But what is a "boss"? Is a shaman a boss? What about champions?

I'm still in of course :) Send me a char at j**@**.net
yeh, a shaman or a champ would be boss. since I doubt anyone would meet andy:D

to be clear: any one who lead a pack of small guys would be a boss in this contest. so shaman, champ, uniq ...

** I know shaman will be the easiest boss, but give him a chance
Just a small update, if anyone interested, you may also ask AE for the copy of the pre-made sorc. If he thinks it is okay. otherwise, I will email it to you. The problem is my timezone is too much different than most of your US guys and girls.
ill join
t**@**.com
This sounds crazy and stupid. Im in :cyclops:

c**@**.com

Should be interesting at least...
what's wrong with crazy? and stupid?

we need something different.

I'm sending the sorc to you.

edit: few 100s more posts, I will be 13 years old kiddo who speak 1337.
Ok, I played this whacky char yesterday.

I found (as others will) that if you stay in the Blood Moor, and save/restart repeatedly, that you will probably never die, and pile up kill points. That would become incredibly boring and cheesy to me as well. :teeth:

So I decided to see how far my sorc could travel, while still killing some significant monsters along the way. Here are my final results:

RIP Suicider lvl33 :lol: Black Marsh, desperately searching for the WP
364 normal monsters - this was hard to track, so +/- 30 or so
31 bosses - including Corpsefire, Bishibosh, Rakanishu & Treehead Woodfist :)
3 WPs (Cold Plains, Stony Field, Dark Wood)
1 quest completed - Den of Evil - no points, just interesting
Total score = 466 points

I skipped Blood Raven & Cold Crow - seemed too suicidal for even this contest! The Underground Passage was very, very tough to pass. I lost most of my hitpoints there. I killed the last 20 monsters or so with ONE hitpoint remaining. A Devilkin Shaman made the final kill with a fire bolt.

You all now have a target to beat. Good luck!
AlterEgo said:
Ok, I played this whacky char yesterday.

I found (as others will) that if you stay in the Blood Moor, and save/restart repeatedly, that you will probably never die, and pile up kill points. That would become incredibly boring and cheesy to me as well. :teeth:

So I decided to see how far my sorc could travel, while still killing some significant monsters along the way. Here are my final results:

RIP Suicider lvl33 :lol: Black Marsh, desperately searching for the WP
364 normal monsters - this was hard to track, so +/- 30 or so
31 bosses - including Corpsefire, Bishibosh, Rakanishu & Treehead Woodfist :)
3 WPs (Cold Plains, Stony Field, Dark Wood)
1 quest completed - Den of Evil - no points, just interesting
Total score = 466 points

I skipped Blood Raven & Cold Crow - seemed too suicidal for even this contest! The Underground Passage was very, very tough to pass. I lost most of my hitpoints there. I killed the last 20 monsters or so with ONE hitpoint remaining. A Devilkin Shaman made the final kill with a fire bolt.

You all now have a target to beat. Good luck!
that was impressive work, I didn't think someone could complete quest.

Anyway, rule #7 says go as far as you can, and rule #4 says need to restart, so stay in blood moor will
1) break the rule, and
2) every time you restart, all score count would reset, so there is no way to pump up score by doing so.

Myself, haven't done yet, my wife is using the computer, I can email, check SPF, but not play games. Last time I was in underground passage, but had to save&exit because a phone call.

Last edited:
Note: These are posts #21-39 (the last one) from the original thread

So this whole tourney must be done in one sitting :)

Does the "no NPC" rule mean we can't save D. Caine? Quite a few bosses there :)
DeathMaster said:
Anyway, rule #7 says go as far as you can, and rule #4 says need to restart, so stay in blood moor will
1) break the rule, and
2) every time you restart, all score count would reset, so there is no way to pump up score by doing so.
I see now. :bonk: You had that covered!

sunbearie said:
Does the "no NPC" rule mean we can't save D. Caine? Quite a few bosses there :)
I say go ahead and clear Tristram to count the boss kills - be sure not to get killed yourself :) But since Cain is indeed an NPC, he'll have to stay in the cage. Besides, you really have no reason to get him down :lol:

edit: Actually, according to the rules, you won't be able to enter Tristram. You would need to pick up the scroll (against the rules) and talk to Akara to translate (also against the rules). So Cain stays caged.
AlterEgo said:
edit: Actually, according to the rules, you won't be able to enter Tristram. You would need to pick up the scroll (against the rules) and talk to Akara to translate (also against the rules). So Cain stays caged.
The reason for that is: if in 1 in 10000 chance you finished blood raven, you could get a merc, if you talk to akara, you get healed. The core idea was try to go as far as you can, kill as many as you can before dying. Anyway, rule #4, once you step out of town, there is no going back, so none should ever happen.

**there are some of us (SPFer) don't like cain, and wish him stay caged. :lol:
Hmm, have you sent the character yet Deathmaster?:scratch:

Havent got it yet...

I want to get a character killed damnit :teeth: :D
colony said:
Hmm, have you sent the character yet Deathmaster?:scratch:

Havent got it yet...

I want to get a character killed damnit :teeth: :D
I sure did, I will do it again in mins.

make sure you mail account doesn't block my email.

It is now from my gmail account.
OK, I still havent recieved it.

Try c**@**.co.uk

And yes I do realise I have about 15 different email addresses :cyclops:
colony said:
OK, I still havent recieved it.

Try c**@**.co.uk

And yes I do realise I have about 15 different email addresses :cyclops:
Odd, I have sent few times already. any luck?
Well hotmail and yahoo obviously hate me :teeth:

Havent got anything apart from the usual ad's for buying a degree and penis enlargement pills :cyclops:

So I made a sorc using the act5 command, now all I need is how you placed the stat points and I can go and get killed in the Blood Moor
colony said:
Well hotmail and yahoo obviously hate me :teeth:

Havent got anything apart from the usual ad's for buying a degree and penis enlargement pills :cyclops:

So I made a sorc using the act5 command, now all I need is how you placed the stat points and I can go and get killed in the Blood Moor
Ok, add about 40 points to vit, the end life should be 152, no more than that.
the rest to Dex. spend skill points only to those cold armors (+2 pre-req, but don't use them).

Here is my end stat:
RIP suicidal sorc lvl33 :lol:
Kills normal/minion: 312 (+/- 5)
Kills shaman/champ/uniq: 38
Waypoint: 2 (couldn't find dark wood, and black marsh)
Death area: black marsh
quest: finished den of evil, just try to catch up with AE.
Total score: 432 (+/- 5)

Things I could do to improve score:
Shaman was the hardest for me, mainly because the fire ball. I had 17 hit points left in black marsh, and I was capable to kill many monsters with that much hit points, however, a uniq (demon extra fast) and the uniq guy who guard the tree (followed me all the way) finished the job in one hit (both hit me). The worst, they didn't die either (hair HP left, but didn't die).

unlike AE, I lost most of my HP in den of evil (half lost there), I got lucky in underground passage, I ran pass it without getting much hit (not many kills too).

AE's score can be beaten, good luck.
Well looks like Im done now:

Normal Monsters: 431 (+/- 15 or so)
Champions/Uniq/Shaman: 36
Waypoints: Cold Plains, Stony Field, Dark Wood
Died in: Black Marsh
I finished the Den of Evil too :D
Total Score: 431 + 3*36 + 3*3 = 548

I lost about 20 life straight away at the start by forgetting to walk instead of run. After doing the Den I was on 99 life. I didnt kill Blood Raven, but I did get Bishibosh. Fireballs and archers were my main problems, although fireballs were quite easy to avoid. I killed Rakanishu's minons, but avoided him. I didnt actually see Treehead Woodfist at all.

I also managed to get most of my kills in the Dark Wood and Black Marsh with 1 life :winner:
whoopsie forgot about this tourney.
I'll do it tonight, promise ( :uhhuh: )
colony said:
said:
Total Score: 431 + 3*36 + 3*3 = 548
Nice work colony, that puts you in 1st place 👏

*must...resist...urge...to...play...again......*
We're allowed to try again? It was quite fun actually...
If I hadn't forgot to turn off run at the start I might have got an even higher score:grrr:

I dont expect Ill stay first for long though, someone else is bound to do something like killing Andariel
If I only had seen this thread before... I am leaving home for a at least 4 days trip... I will play when I get back, even if this tourney is over (I got AE's urge to play)
Suicider has now ended her journey.
She died in the caves lvl one, to a bunch of shamans testing their firebolt skills...
Normal monster: 352 +/- 5
Bosses/shamans: 27
Waypoints: 1
Total score: 436

I made some foolish mistakes sometimes, but it was fun while it lasted :)
colony said:
We're allowed to try again? It was quite fun actually...
If I hadn't forgot to turn off run at the start I might have got an even higher score:grrr:

I dont expect Ill stay first for long though, someone else is bound to do something like killing Andariel
I say go ahead. I'm in this processing to get all the paper work right for my next job (start really soon), so I'll be really busy for next some days.

I believe if we run pass all areas, and reach andy isn't impossible, but kill andy is another matter, I don't believe it will happen. Poison cloud anyone?

Anyway, I was thinking to make a HC lvl33 naked assassin who only allowed to spend stat points to eng, and only allowed to use blade shield to kill, see if anyone can reach andy with her (same rules).
Can someone explain the -act5 thing to me? Or is there somewhere in the forums with the information on this?
Interesting tourney here, what if you happen to find a +regen item though? You could possibly sit in a quiet corner untill you've got your entire life back... just to start the entire "killing" process over and over again...
You aren't allowed to pick anything up.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High