DISCLAIMER: Migration finished
This tournament has already ended. It was originally started by goltar25 on Jun 4, 2004. Last post was made Oct 10, 2004. (link to original thread on diabloii.net)
HC tourney, low level, max random skills
Alright, I'm new here, but I've got an idea for a tournament that seems interesting. Hardcore, SP, max random skills, low level. Here are the rules:
1. Hardcore only
2. Class chosen randomly, 1-7
If you don't like your first class, you may reroll once, but you are stuck with the second class. I am using the random number generator at http://www.random.org/nform.html
3. Skills are chosen randomly and maxed, one at a time. Skills will be chosen randomly from those available at the time. For example, if you are a paladin, your first skill will be chosen from Prayer, Resist Fire, Might, Sacrifice, and Smite. Let's say you get Prayer as your first skill. Once you've put 20 points into it, another skill will be randomly chosen, this time from Cleansing, Resist Fire, Resist Cold, Resist Lightning, Defiance, Might, Thorns, Sacrifice, Smite, and Holy Bolt. I will create random number charts for every class and skill combination by the time the tournament starts for the first skills, and as soon as possible for second, third, etc. skills. No rerolls are allowed for skills. Also, keep us updated on which skills you get.
4. You can only put points into the skill that is being maxed at the time, but you can use any skill available, including through charges and +skills items.
5. You can mule items off of your character and mule items on that were found by this character.
6. All quests must be completed and all waypoints must be activated.
7. Points will be awarded for each quest completed and each waypoint activated (except the town waypoint) as (100-Clvl)*(act+diffbonus)*mod where act is the number of the act for the quest or waypoint, diffbonus is 0 for normal, 5 for nightmare, and 10 for hell, Clvl is the Clvl at completion/activation, and mod is 2 for a quest, 1 for a waypoint. If completing a quest raises your level, use your Clvl immediately prior to completing the quest.
8. Ranking will be based on point total. Ties will be broken as follows: If one character has completed all quests and waypoints, and the other died, then the one who completed everything is ranked higher. If both have completed everything, then the character to finish first is ranked higher. If both died, then the character who died last is ranked higher.
9. Prizes. When your character dies or finishes, send the character to me, g***.com, and all items (except common things like potions, scrolls, etc.) will be stored in an ATMA stash. Upon completion of the tournament, players will select items from the stash, beginning with the winner, moving through everyone who participated, until all items are taken. Since there will probably be more items than players, higher rank players will get more items than lower rank players, the exact number will be determined at the end of the tournament.
10. Tournament will begin on Saturday, June 5, at 12:00 noon RPGForums time. All players who wish to enter should do so by Friday night, June 4, 12:00 midnight, RPGForums time.
11. Tournament will continue until either all characters are dead, finished, or everyone gets tired of it.
12. Updates do not need to be posted immediately, but all completions/activations must include your Clvl at completion/activation in order to count towards your score. I will try to post updated scores daily.
This should cover everything, but if there are any questions/comments, post them here. Good luck to all. I'll be participating as Nymarix the Paladin.
Also, you can MP if you wish, and any /players x setting is ok. Here is the initial skills random number chart.
My initial skill is Smite.