[2004] "Brother Bear" Tournament [by JicamaEater]

Jan 3, 2007
DISCLAIMER: Migration finished :)

This tournament has already ended. It was originally started by JicamaEater on Aug 7, 2004. (link to original thread on diabloii.net)

"Brother Bear" Tournament

I've wanted to start a tournament for weeks now, but circumstances have prevented it. Now that I'm part of another tourney (in which I'm also playing a Werebear) it seems opportune to announce my new tourney...

Rules:
Single Player, Hardcore, Untwinked, Druid Class characters.
Skill restrictions:
Werebear:required after level 6 (you should be a bear pretty much all the time)
Grizzly Bear:at level 30 you must get this skill (that's why it's "Brother Bear")
Ravens:always allowed
Spirit Wolves:level 6-29
Dire Wolves:level 18-29
Oak Sage:level 6-29
HoW:level 18-29
Spirit of Barbs:the only spirit allowed after level 30. There's no particular reason, just that it's my tournament and that's the rule. The exception is if you find a Wisp Protector Unique Ring you may use any Spirit summoned from said ring.
Elemental skills:Allowed for synergies, and you may use Armageddon and Cyclone Armor
Vines:Take any vine you want.
Bear combat skills:pick the one(s) you like (and tell me as well, which one you're using)
Mercenary:I haven't decided this one yet. On one hand it's not "Brother Bear...and a Lut Gholein Town guard", but on the other hand the rules are kind of restrictive, so allowing a mercenary would allow for a little customization...when people sign up they can state their mercenary preference (yes or no).

Rules:Clear each area once. Do not loot/use shrines on second visits. The tourney will end when everybody stops playing. Send unused Greens/Golds/Runes/Jewels to the stash. The stash will be shared amongst all participants, with those who make it furthest going first. The person who finds the most Green footwear (all kinds of boots) will recieve the Higest rune and and extra picks during their turn. (it will depend on how many). Good luck and thanks for participating!

ps: How do colors work in this forum?

Note: These are posts #2-11 (all) from the original thread.

JicamaEater said:
said:
ps: How do colors work in this forum?
They used to work like this: This text would be colored burlywood. Recently though, the admins decided to add new skins for the "Pal" members, and took colors out in the process.
I'll try it out. I've never played a tourny before so this should be interesting.

Name: Illusion
Primary Skills: Shock Wave and Fire Claws
scwormy said:
I'll try it out. I've never played a tourny before so this should be interesting.

Name: Illusion
Primary Skills: Shock Wave and Fire Claws
Well, Illusion is up to level 15.
Last Quest: Rescued Cain.
No Unique or Set Items.
Sounds fun im in 👍

Name: TeddyBear

Skills: Fireclaw & Maul
I love Werebears, so I'm definitely in!

Izzy (named after my dog, not Izual :lol: ) will start his quest later today.

Skills will be Fire Claws and Maul.

I think a moron will be a necessity for me (but perhaps make it one of the less used types, eg. Rogue for Acts 1-4 normal then Barb from Act 5)

I won't get a merc until this has been decided on by Jicamaeater

Good luck to all!!
Izzy started his quest yesterday and reached the tender age of 7, having cleared the Den.

I stopped there as, with every area only to be cleared once only, Blood Raven and Cain will have to be done in one session.

Any thoughts from anyone else on the merc issue? If I can have one, I'd like her to be by my side against Blood Raven.
simeonb said:
Izzy started his quest yesterday and reached the tender age of 7, having cleared the Den.

I stopped there as, with every area only to be cleared once only, Blood Raven and Cain will have to be done in one session.

Any thoughts from anyone else on the merc issue? If I can have one, I'd like her to be by my side against Blood Raven.
I'm using one. I'll get rid of her (currently)/him (future) if the rules dictate as such, but at the moment, I'm using one.
I will join in on this one as well.

...and so begins Freckles the Bear.
I will probably use Maul and Shockwave as my main attacks.
I would like to use a merc, but won't use one until I get the okay from Jicamaeater.

Good luck. :uhhuh:
Illusion got up to the Inner Clouster this morning.
Figured I'd better play him a little as I'm going out of town for the next week on vacation.

Currently he's on Level 19 and still hasn't had anything of interest drop. A few yellows, but nothing worth noting.
Sorry about my absence. I've had a comically difficult time with everything this past couple of weeks and have had no time to play or post...

Anyway, I'm finally starting my character tonight: PacMan, using FireClaws (a skill I've never used before) and Maul for physical damage. I'll play until I reach level 12 and bring down Blood Raven...or die, but I'm not expecting to do so so soon.

I'm going to allow mercs. I think it will make SoB a little more useful. And I think that it's probably what a majority would want.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High