1k Many Ways - Variety Grailing

~~~Set 8 Recap~~~

ukAuOCQ.png

Nice. Was very please with these runtimes and this character in general. First 1kmw set that came in under 10 hours. Pretty fun! Using 5.8 bosses and 486mf, got an adjeff of 2.23.

Finds
5JfNtJt.png

Grailers: None
9.3+ Pointers: Griffons (17/15), Death Cleaver
Others: um, very nice druid circlet (see below)
sVnm7XI.png

Up to 4 griffons now. Crazy how fast that can change. I was so desperate for my first one just a couple of months ago. Had to pad the haul pic a bit with some meh items. Not as many big ticket items this set. Still, was a fun one, and more griffs is always better ;).

Thoughts on the Character
Super awesome character. Definitely a top tier AT runner in my opinion. Much more refinement and testing to be done in the future, but I'm really excited about her. Very fun and easy to play as well.

What's Next
For the last "catching up from mfo" character, next is the pure fire sorc using phoenix. Felt I needed to test her after running this hybrid for comparison. I got 500 runs with her done in MFO, and have been working on wrapping up her 1k over the last few days. Should be finished soon, and have already had a couple of nice finds outside of the 500 runs in MFO. So some as yet unseen items to come :).

Status Table & Grail Status
Code:
Start Date: 30-Mar-2020
                                                            Approx   Approx   9.3+ pts
Set   Char      Loc   Holy Grail   End Date    MF    Time   Bosses   Adjeff   MFO Items   Grailers
---   ------    ---   ----------   ---------   ---   -----  ------   ------   ---------   --------
1     blizzy    AT    -15 to -13    8-Apr-20   532   11.8h   6200     2.53      8         blackhand key, executioners justice
2     hdin      pit   -10 to -10    1-May-20   595   18.0h   8100     2.89      9         none
3     windy     AT     -8 to -7    28-May-20   488   14.3h   6000     3.18      3         bk ring
4     cenecro   pit    -7 to -5    24-Jun-20   656   16.4h   8000     2.62      8         dweb (1/44)!, griffons (10/19)!
5     trapsin   AT     -5 to -5    19-Jul-20   513   12.6h   5700     2.98      2         none
6     pitzerk   pit    -5 to -5    30-Aug-20   727   20.5h  11600     2.26     10         none
7     blizzy    AT     -5 to -4     2-Sep-20   563   10.2h   5800     2.31      5         veil of steel
8     fizz      AT     -4 to -4     5-Sep-20   486    9.5h   5800     2.23      2         none

4 items remaining
Unique Armor
Elite: Tyreal's Might

Unique Weapons
Elite: Stormlash

Unique Other
Ravenlore, Death's Fathom

Last edited:
~~~Set 9: Fire Sorc~~~
Character: Fire Sorc
Area: Ancient Tunnels
Playersetting: 1
MF: 480

Last character from mfo! Well not 100% true. I did 200 runs on a singer that will be part of a future set, but that won't be for a while, and I figured 200 isn't too too much. But on this character I did 500 runs in mfo, and 500 after. Had a couple of good finds in the latter 500 so not all were seen in mfo haul ;). After trying the hybrid sorc, felt I had to compare it to a straight pure fire sorc using phoenix. Quite tough to get enough res on her for my taste, but I managed it with sacrificing one mf breakpoint. Also a fun character, but don't like quite as much as the fizz sorc.

Gear
Helm - Shako (ptopaz)
Amulet - 2sorc/19fcr/20@/31lres
Weapon - Heart of the Oak
Body - Enigma
Shield - Phoenix
Gloves - Trangs
Ring 1 - Nagel
Ring 2 - 10fcr, 10mf, 24 cold res, 1mpk
Belt - Arachnid Mesh
Boots - Rare boots 30frw, 35cres, 21lres, 34pres, 16mf
Charms - 40 gheeds, all mf scs
Merc - Might with Andy's (cham), Fort, GPA Insight

I put some extra points in static field to boost the range against invaders, and dumped most of the rest of the remaining points into warmth. Had a little over 9k fb dmg.

Map
Guess what? Same map :p. I actually did some interesting exploration testing an alternate route through the map, but Will give more details on that in the recap, which I plan to post tomorrow.
7w1IVwS.png

Sample Runs

~~~Set 9 Recap~~~

mSxL04e.png

I didn't track my sorc's level at the end of sets 7 or 8, but I started these recent 3k sorc runs at lvl 90.9 and end at 94.3. Find it very satifying to have gotten all that exp on p1 for some reason :). May keep her as p1 only.

But ok, so I did the first 500 runs for the mfo using the same route and same map and averaged just over 34.8 second runs. After that I was intrigued by some stuff in a conversation with @Albatross and wanted evaluate my map a bit more. First I wanted to just start practicing counting packs and typing the result in notepad each run. This slowed runs down by more than a second, but I think it's a very useful skill to have since you can evaluate maps while still farming productively. Just over 60 runs of this gave me an average of just under 5.8 bosses per run, further cementing the estimate I have been using.

Next, albatross had asked me if I was getting maximum density with my current short route. I figured I wasn't, and so wanted to test a route more like this:
cIwKvUO.png

Where I get the the sparkly chest pack later. I counted a little over 60 runs of this and got just over 6.4 bosses average 0_0. So next I quit counting bosses and just tried to run this route quickly. I did it for the rest of the set. But unfortunately the runtime using that came out to be just over 40s, so it hasn't come out to be more efficient at this point (40/6.4 vs 35/5.8). It is about 9 more teleports to just go along that route without stopping than it is to do the same along the other route. So not too surprising I suppose. Ah well. Still more to evaluate in the future and I have already been having a lot of fun doing this so far. Will definitely need to evaluate the route above with stopping at the sparkly chest, but I don't think it has too much potential since it's not terribly uncommon for packs to be in the intersection to the north.

For the efficiency of this set, I will just use those first 500 runs I did. So 5.8 bosspacks, 34.85s runs, with 480mf, gives an estimated adjeff of 2.28. For hours and total bosses I will just use the data from the whole set though. So a little over 6k bosses estimated total. Was an absolutely excellent set for finds...

Finds
EB1I9Vl.png

Grailers: Ravenlore (-14/16@)
9.3+ Pointers: 2x earth shifter, cranium basher, templars, ravenlore, astreons, gargoyles bite
Others: ber rune

Of course the astreons dropped 210 runs after I had stopped for MFO, and the ravenlore dropped 4 runs after that. Would have increased my score from ~54 to ~75... but that still would have been 7th place 0_0. Was a stacked tournament this year. The templars dropped right before I stopped running for mfo, and ofc got the blood pumping hard, but wasn't to be. Just my second unique sacred, and both are ilvl 87+. The three thunder mauls were pretty funny. But I was so pumped to see ravenlore. I've been wanting to use it on a fire druid to get him to lvl 95, and it brings me to grail -3. I had 80 days between grail -5 and grail -4, and then only 16 days between -4 and -3. Really exciting. The roll was pretty crap, but ah well it could have been worse, and I have a load of fire facets I'm not using anywhere else :).

EDIT: whoops forgot to also add that the ravenlore and one of the thunder mauls were both ilvl 85! So from a p1 regular monster. I found my dweb like that in the pits too. Crazy stuff.

I typed a lot more about her in my big MFO olympians post HERE, but in short, she works quite well, but I would definitely recommend the fizz sorc more than her. Doubt I'll return to this particular build with no cold backup for the invaders.

What's Next
Not totally sure what will be next. Was planning on returning to that pits javazon, but I just was reallly not feeling the runs. She's almost surely the worst mf efficiency of any of the characters in the thread so far, but on top of that her pit map is pretty terrible since I won't roll away her baal map. So I might come back to her in a week or two and see if I want to keep going with it. Otherwise, I need to get my druid to 95 and plan to do as fire druid in AT with my new ravenlore, so maybe will do a set with him. But I wouldn't mind getting a pits set in, and I do already have 200 runs done with singer, but he needs a new pitmap, which I don't feel like trying to roll. So we'll see. Cheers everyone :coffee:!

Code:
Set   Char      Loc   Holy Grail   End Date    MF    Time   Bosses   Adjeff   MFO Items   Grailers
---   ------    ---   ----------   ---------   ---   -----  ------   ------   ---------   --------
1     blizzy    AT    -15 to -13    8-Apr-20   532   11.8h   6200     2.53      8         blackhand key, executioners justice
2     hdin      pit   -10 to -10    1-May-20   595   18.0h   8100     2.89      9         none
3     windy     AT     -8 to -7    28-May-20   488   14.3h   6000     3.18      3         bk ring
4     cenecro   pit    -7 to -5    24-Jun-20   656   16.4h   8000     2.62      8         dweb (1/44)!, griffons (10/19)!
5     trapsin   AT     -5 to -5    19-Jul-20   513   12.6h   5700     2.98      2         none
6     pitzerk   pit    -5 to -5    30-Aug-20   727   20.5h  11600     2.26     10         none
7     blizzy    AT     -5 to -4     2-Sep-20   563   10.2h   5800     2.31      5         veil of steel
8     fizz      AT     -4 to -4     5-Sep-20   486    9.5h   5800     2.23      2         none
9     fire      AT     -4 to -3    17-Sep-20   480   10.5h   6000     2.28      7         ravenlore (-14/16@)
                                             Total Bosses = 63200

3 items remaining
Unique Armor

Unique Weapons

Unique Other
Death's Fathom

Last edited:
4 items remaining

Copy paste error? :)

Congrats on another set and grailer! Also thanks for testing the "long route". Though it's just a sample size of 1, it looks like 5 segments before the chest are not enough to hit AT's max potential.

Reactions: Luhkoh
@Albatross thanks! Fixed. Too many opportunities for copy/paste errors in these updates. I feel sure it varies map to map. Some pitmaps for example will have almost all the bosses in the first tile after the entrance. So if that first tile to the SW of my entrance had bosses more frequently, I would hypothesize the route difference would decrease. But either way, super fun stuff to look into. Always more fun for me to be testing something while doing the runs. Thanks for the discussion as always!

Yeah, we'd need a 100 people checking AT maps to be sure so all we can do is theorize ;) It could be map specific because segments can upgrade as many as 5 packs (I've never seen more).

Wondering if a type of linear map with consistent spawns is possible, something like this:
Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 20.04.22.png

Might be too optimistic that 3 segments before the chest could be enough and in my experience so far, AT doesn't really spawn layouts like this one...

Yeah, we'd need a 100 people checking AT maps to be sure so all we can do is theorize ;) It could be map specific because segments can upgrade as many as 5 packs (I've never seen more).

Wondering if a type of linear map with consistent spawns is possible, something like this:

Might be too optimistic that 3 segments before the chest could be enough and in my experience so far, AT doesn't really spawn layouts like this one...

I don't think so, but we will see when i start AT with my sorc ^^

~~~Set 10: Singer~~~
Character: Singer
Area: The Pit
MF: 573

Started runs with the character during MFO, and picked him back up during the current rf/mf tourney. Doubt I'll finish the 1k runs him before the end of the tourney, but should get me a lot closer.

Gear
Helm - Shako (ptopaz)
Amulet - 2barb/fcr/18mf
Weapon - Wizspike (ist)
Body - Enigma
Shield - Beast
Swap - Dual hoto
Gloves - Magefist
Ring 1 - Nagel
Ring 2 - fcr/mf
Belt - Arachnid Mesh
Boots - War Travs
Charms - 40 gheeds, all mf scs
Merc - Might with Andy's (cham), Fort, GPA Insight

I discussed my singer build a bit back in my tome of a post in the MFO olympians thread HERE. I went back to putting points in BO over taunt, for 750ish warcry dmg, and 4800ish hp when I cast BO on the dual hoto swap. I decided to stick with the beast offhand rather than 6ist, because I THINK it's probably slightly better, but even moreso because it just feels loads better. Don't have to wait forever on stone skin enemies. Also I use fortitude on the merc despite the occasional shattered corpse. This doesn't happen that often, and its like a 30% dps increase over a 60ias armor. I think it would be even more than that if I wasn't using beast, but not positive since I used the ias breakpoints with fanaticism. So I think it's definitely the best choice despite the infrequent shatterings.

Map
Started rolling a new map after I finished doing the ~200 runs I did for mfo since my density was very poor, and I ended up settling on this one, which doesn't have the best shape.
D2YmUk6.png

But I figured it was more than a good enough shape to run, when it was averaging well over 8 bosses. And 4 bosses on level 2 happens once ever 20 or so runs too. So quite promising. It seems like the last few days though, the boss count has dipped, so we'll see how it shakes out by the end of the set. Using the new runcounter the whole rest of the time so should get a well-established average.

Sample Runs
Can see a 12 boss run on this map starting at about 3:20.

~~~Set 10 Recap~~~

Finally got around the finishing the final few singer runs for this set! Was feeling pretty fatigued. It's definitely the longest set so far, and was pretty dry in my opinion for finds. And I was surprised to find, as mentioned above, that I did not enjoy playing the singer as much as the zerker. I thought I would enjoy the more chill playstyle, but got kinda tired of it.

I did the latter 800 runs on the map I posted above, and the average runtime was 88s. Not the best, but ah well. And unfortunately, the boss counts did decrease over the course of the set. Ended up at 8.26 bosses as counted by the new runcounter, which I estimate to be just over 8 bosses in the old counting system. So efficiency will be listed as 2.60. Since the first 200 bosses were done on a ~7.5 boss map which took me 75s to run, I will list the total bosses as (200 * 7.5 + 800 * 8) * 1.54 = 12,200, and the total time as (200 * 75 + 800 * 88) / 3600 = 23.7h. If you do the math, that means my old map was more efficient (eyeroll). Haha I'm guessing that was just because I was more dialed in on that map after running it a lot with the zerker back during mfo.

Finds
c1E4cWr.png

Grailers: None
9.3+ Pointers: spirit keeper, heavens light, gris caddy, exec justice, ghostflame
Others: 35/13 vmagi, eth 192ed guardian angel

I typed about him in the above post. I definitely enjoy running him with beast offhand moreso than 6ist CS offhand. I never did try @art_vandelay's idea of having spellsteel on swap and casting decrep on stone skin skele's. You definitely sometime have enough time to do so even running this beast variant, but I was too lazy to mess with it. I wonder if it would make the 6ist CS variant nicest since it should shorten those superlong fights. But anyways I do like how I built the character and how he played. Just didn't enjoy running him for a long time period as much as I thought I would.

What's Next
Honestly I think 1kmw, in its current form is done. I did ten sets, and it's starting to feel more like a burden than fun and exciting. However, I have some thoughts on how I want to keep it going in a different form. Nothing too crazy, but I did most of the characters I realllly wanted to do, but still have several more in mind that I want to test and/or exhibit, but that I feel are not worth my time to do all 1000 runs with them. Among them, the p1 pit javazon that I kept mentioning as having started, but never worked up the gumption to blast through 1000 runs with so slow a character. But I still would like to post her results and demo her runs, just to show my take on a tyraels-finding javazon and see how much less efficient she is than my next slowest class (druid). That's just an example. There are some more weird/fun builds that I want to mess with too.

So I think I'm just going to start a second table below this first one, and do less than 1k runs for later sets. Likely 500 runs will be done for most of these partial sets, but I'm going to not commit to a specific number and leave it open. I know I know, this is a bit lame in a thread titled "1k many ways", but I want to compare the results of these more minor builds to the ten I have done. So I will just do my best to make it a clear separation (as to not imply that these subsequent partial sets are equivalent to the real sets that came before), and well see how it goes! I will probably make another standalone post outlining that plan just to make the break clear and stand out more. Hope everyone is doing well! Cheers :coffee:.

Code:
Set   Char      Loc   Holy Grail   End Date    MF    Time    Bosses   Adjeff   MFO Items   Grailers
---   ------    ---   ----------   ---------   ---   -----   ------   ------   ---------   --------
1     blizzy    AT    -15 to -13    8-Apr-20   532   11.8h    6200     2.53      8         blackhand key, executioners justice
2     hdin      pit   -10 to -10    1-May-20   595   18.0h    8100     2.89      9         none
3     windy     AT     -8 to -7    28-May-20   488   14.3h    6000     3.18      3         bk ring
4     cenecro   pit    -7 to -5    24-Jun-20   656   16.4h    8000     2.62      8         dweb (1/44)!, griffons (10/19)!
5     trapsin   AT     -5 to -5    19-Jul-20   513   12.6h    5700     2.98      2         none
6     pitzerk   pit    -5 to -5    30-Aug-20   727   20.5h   11600     2.26     10         none
7     blizzy    AT     -5 to -4     2-Sep-20   563   10.2h    5800     2.31      5         veil of steel
8     fizz      AT     -4 to -4     5-Sep-20   486    9.5h    5800     2.23      2         none
9     fire      AT     -4 to -3    17-Sep-20   480   10.5h    6000     2.28      7         ravenlore (-14/16@)
10    singer    pit    -3 to -3     2-Dec-20   573   23.7h   12200     2.60      5         none
                                              Total Bosses = 75400

3 items remaining
Unique Armor

Unique Weapons

Unique Other
Death's Fathom

Last edited:
~~~Fringebuild: FoHdin~~~
Character: FoHdin
Area: Tunnels
MF: 462
Runs: 500

Character Overview
I've wanted to try this character out ever since I saw some videos of @pharphis running him a long time ago on the old forum. Such a hipster build using a cool looking spell that you wouldn't expect to work decently. And I really enjoyed the character. Something must have been fun because I knocked out these 500 runs in 4 days haha. And although he is fun and plays interestingly, this build is such a great case of me being realllly glad I decided to stop committing to 1k runs for all the builds I want to test. For me, he's too slow to want to commit to running him 16+ hours, but I had so much fun playing him that I'm glad I decided to drop the restriction.

Sample Runs and Gameplay

FoH is an interesting skill. A bolt which does a decent amount of lightning dmg falls from the sky (and so you run conviction as main aura), and then after hitting it spews out holy bolts radially, which do magic dmg only to undead, and treats all undead as if they have zero magic resists. And according to amazon basin, as well as my experience during these runs, there is no nextdelay on on these bolts, so an enemy can get hit by multiple at once.

This makes for sort of interesting gameplay. For horror mages you ideally hit an enemy next to the primary target with foh, so that the holy bolts hit the target. They will do much more dmg than the lightning dmg would after their broken immunity. On plague bearers and embalmed's you want to hit the boss right on, since your light dmg USUALLY does more dmg than your holy bolt dmg. But sometimes if you miss and hit an enemy next to them, they'll eat like 3 holy bolts, so it can work either way. The invaders are ofc not dmg'd at all by the holy bolts, so they are more of a pain and you have to hit the boss right on. Lightning enchanted invaders take way too long and should be skipped unless the merc is already hitting them.

One could also shoot real holy bolts (which do more dmg than the FoH holy bolts) at monsters in particular situations (namely horror mage bosses). But I found that tough to manage, so I gave up on it quickly and just stuck to casting FoH.

Gear
Helm - Griffons (facet, for -24/15 total)
Amulet - 2pala/8fcr/25mf
Weapon - Hoto (40@)
Body - Enigma
Shield - Spirit (in 40@ sacred targe)
Swap - Cta/Spirit
Gloves - Chance Guards (40mf)
Ring 1 - Nagel (30mf)
Ring 2 - Nagel (30mf)
Belt - Arachnid Mesh
Boots - War Travs (48mf)
Charms - 40 gheeds, 3x pcombs, mf scs, some lower mf with cold and light res
Merc - Might with Andy's (15ias), Fort, GPA Insight

Build is max FoH, max holy bolt, max holy shock, 1 point in vigor, and the rest in holy shield.

Shako works pretty much just as well for the helm. You really want to hit the horror mages with holy bolts rather than the lightning, so if you do that, then the -elr is only beneficial for certain modifier rolls on the bosses (such as LE), since the -150 res from conviction floors the res of all the regular bosses. However, I do think griffs is better. It definitely was for me with that 2/8/25mf caster amulet. I could reach higher mf with the same lightning dmg with that gear, and ofc the -elr provides some benefit.

Map
Rolled a reasonable map for this, but won't be willing to spend loads of time getting an actually good one for these short term projects. In the case of AT, I basically just want to roll a map 4 or less teleports from the waypoint which doesn't load the sparkly chest pack on entry, and which doesn't have some awful layout. After rolling 2 maps extremely close to wp which unfortunately loaded the sparkly chest room on entry, I rolled this one.
2ebk3dm.png

Orange is common boss pack locations and blue is occasional pack location.

Pack count was nothing great at all, with 5.8 avg as counted by the new runcounter, which I estimate as 5.63 bosses in the old pack counting system. Though it's true that the map's count is a little higher since I skipped most all LE invaders bosses.

Finds
V1zfoCD.png

8J30kRo.png

irB5btn.png

jwvBqMc.png

kxbsGjy.png
Highlights: 4/4 light facet, 4/3 cold facet, eth 4os gpa, 7mfsc #45, steelrend #9, azurewrath #7, seraphs hymn #7, gargoyles bite #4, ondals, cranium basher #4, cham rune

Started tracking how many of these rare items I have overall as shown above. Makes me feel like there's a sense of progress while finding more and more duplicates 😅. And I'm looking forward to someday having 66x 7mfsc's so I can have 2 full mf characters completely equipped :).

Quite a nice stint for finds for what I put in. He Found about as much as that singer set in 1/4 of the boss kills haha. Really please with the last 200 runs or so where the gargoyles, cranium, and cham dropped.

Efficiency
I tested 3 setups. Shako with 4200ish lightning dmg and 451mf, griffs with 4200 light dmg and 462mf, and griffs with 4500 light dmg and 420mf. Here were the results
Code:
helm       |  shako     griffons  griffons
light dmg  |  4200      4200      4500
runs       |  1-60      70-400    401-500
bosses     |  5.65      5.86      5.68
old bosses |  5.49      5.69      5.51
runtime    |  59.33     59.59     55.33
mf         |  451       462       420
eff mf     |  160       162       156
s/boss     |  10.81     10.47     10.04
adjeff     |  4.16      4.00      3.92

I targeted 4200 dmg as a goal after doing a little calc/estimate for good dmg goals. This number was to 2-shot most plague bearers and embalmeds. I ran that second 462mf setup with griffs for most of the set, so I listed it as my mf and gear. But adding two more skillers over the last 100 runs felt better for sure and seems to have been worth it, so I would recommend that setup. I took a weighted avg of the two griffons setups and will list 3.98 as the adjeff. Haha, like I said, not the most efficient character, but worth trying for sure, if it seems like fun.

Status Table
Code:
Set   Char      Loc   Holy Grail   End Date    MF    Time    Bosses   Adjeff   MFO Items   Grailers
---   ------    ---   ----------   ---------   ---   -----   ------   ------   ---------   --------
1     blizzy    AT    -15 to -13    8-Apr-20   532   11.8h    6200     2.53      8         blackhand key, executioners justice
2     hdin      pit   -10 to -10    1-May-20   595   18.0h    8100     2.89      9         none
3     windy     AT     -8 to -7    28-May-20   488   14.3h    6000     3.18      3         bk ring
4     cenecro   pit    -7 to -5    24-Jun-20   656   16.4h    8000     2.62      8         dweb (1/44)!, griffons (10/19)!
5     trapsin   AT     -5 to -5    19-Jul-20   513   12.6h    5700     2.98      2         none
6     pitzerk   pit    -5 to -5    30-Aug-20   727   20.5h   11600     2.26     10         none
7     blizzy    AT     -5 to -4     2-Sep-20   563   10.2h    5800     2.31      5         veil of steel
8     fizz      AT     -4 to -4     5-Sep-20   486    9.5h    5800     2.23      2         none
9     fire      AT     -4 to -3    17-Sep-20   480   10.5h    6000     2.28      7         ravenlore (-14/16@)
10    singer    pit    -3 to -3     2-Dec-20   573   23.7h   12200     2.60      5         none
                                              Total Bosses = 75400

Fewer runs per set in table below
                                                Eff*     Old Est   Approx
Char      Loc   Runs   End Date    MF    Time   Bosses   Bosses*   Adjeff   Big Finds
-------   ---   ----   ---------   ---   ----   ------   -------   ------   ---------
fohdin    AT    500     5-Dec-20   462   8.1h    2900     2800      3.98    steelrend, azure, garg bite, cran bash, cham
                                Totals = 8.1h    2900

*Started counting bosses with new runcounter. An approximate conversion to the old system of estimated
bosses is included and is used to calculate adjeff, so adjeffs can be compared to the original table.

Last edited:
~~~Testbuild: MF Pitjava~~~
Character: Javazon
MF: 402

Character Overview
One of my many sub goals in this project was to sort of provide a comparison of how each class compares to one another for tyraels finding. I always figured the amazon would be in last place with this metric, and she definitely is. So this is my attempt at what it would look like if I was trying to grail with a javazon. Ofc her strengths are better suited to higher psettings than p1, but I mostly care about tyraels finding, and that's also the data I wanted to collect. I originally planned to do a full 1k set with her back before I started allowing these partial sets, but she was just so slow compared to those other entries that i didnt want to commit. So I was glad to get these 500 done.

Sample Runs and Gameplay

Not too much to say. Even with my 99fcr arachs gearing, she blows up p1 pit bosses easy, except some archers can be annoying, but nothing bad.

Gear
Helm - Griffons (15/15 with a 15ias/3mpk jewel)
Amulet - 2zon/20fcr
Weapon - titans (non upped, with 3 more in the stash to switch when running low)
Body - Enigma
Shield - Spirit
Swap - Cta/Lidless
Gloves - my favorite rares I've found to date
Always looking for an excuse to post these.
q46tEUM.png
Ring 1 - mana/mf
Ring 2 - Ravenfrost
Belt - Arachnid Mesh
Boots - Silkweave
Charms - 40 gheeds, mf scs
Merc - Defiance with Andy's (15ias), Fort, Infinity

Build is enough in pierce for 90ish percent, then the rest in LF/CS and synergies.

I originally wanted to run travs, as is the obvious choice, but I was having some serious mana annoyances (hence the mana/mf ring over nagel). And so I was just like whatever, lets roll silkweaves. But I still wanted to keep a minimum of 402mf (the breakpoint just above 400, and in the original "rules" of this thread I had said minimum of 400 mf XD). WIth nearly maxing out the mf from charms, and the mf on the rare gloves she was able eek that out exactly. And this high mana total, 8mpk (griffs and silks), and a well on the pitmap I rolled, I rarely had to pot.

Map
I had been saying I wasn't willing to roll a map on her because I wanted to keep her baal map. Well whatever, that things gone. That pitmap was too awful to do even 500 runs on. So anyways settled on this one.
Xo3SeO7.png

Yellow is common boss pack locations, red is medium frequency, and blue is rare pack location.

As seems to always happen with all the pitmaps I've rolled this year, an initially promising boss count absolutely tanked after the first ~100 runs. The first 50 runs gave me an avg count of 8.46, and I said this is a keeper. The avg across the total 450 runs I did on it (50 were on the previous map) is 7.78 😭.

Finds
4CnHWIJ.png

SeNkYRc.png

q8kascH.png

Can't find my screenshot of a spirit keeper.
Highlights: gris shield #4, bk ring #2, spirit keeper #5, eth boneflame (overall boneflame #8), um rune, shapeshift skiller with 7fhr, 1x 7mf sc,

Efficiency
So with a boss avg of 7.78 via the new runcounter, we have approximately an average 7.56 using the old pack counting methods. Using 7.56 bosses, 402 mf, and 75.2 second runs, we get an adjeff of 3.92. Quite a bit worse than my mf druid, who was quite a bit worse than the next worst class. My javazon will be back to being relegated to baal, cows, and arcane :p.

Status Table
Code:
                                              Total Bosses = 75400

Char      Loc   Runs   End Date    MF    Time    Bosses   Bosses*   Adjeff   Big Finds
-------   ---   ----   ---------   ---   -----   ------   -------   ------   ---------
fohdin    AT    500     5-Dec-20   462    8.1h    2900     2800      3.98    steelrend, azure, garg bite, cran bash, cham
javazon   Pit   500    31-Dec-20   402   10.4h    3900     3800      3.92    spir keep, gris shield, bkwb, eth boneflame
                                Totals = 18.5h    6800

*Started counting bosses with new runcounter. An approximate conversion to the old system of estimated
bosses is included and is used to calculate adjeff, so adjeffs can be compared to the original table.

~~~Fringebuild: Tunnels Bomb Necro~~~
Character: CE Necro
Area: Tunnels
MF: 584

6O1s9NH.png

Character Overview
I did that CE-only pitnecro a while back and really enjoyed the character, and had great success with him. The couple of guys I know who play the p1 CE mf necro (I think bomb necro is a good name for him, stolen from streamer dark humility), play him in AT, though they aren't pushing runtimes too much I don't think. Anyways, I figured he'd be better in the pits, but I wanted to try him out in AT since those guys seem to enjoy it, and I myself just like AT better than pits anyways.

Sample Runs and Gameplay

Not too much to say about gameplay. Just amp and CE. Nice and easy.

Gear
Helm - Shako (ptopaz)
Amulet - 2necro/6fcr/15mf
Weapon - Wizzy (ist)
Body - Enigma
Shield - Spirit
Swap - Cta/Spirit
Gloves - Trangs
Ring 1 - Nagel (30mf)
Ring 2 - Nagel (30mf)
Belt - Arachnid Mesh
Boots - War Travs (47mf)
Merc - Might with Andy's (cham), Fort, Infinity
Insight iron golem

Build is max CE, max amp, 1pt iron golem, max golem mastery, 1pt bone armor, max bone wall, rest in bone prison.

One big disadvantage of going to AT with the bombnecro rather than pits, is I feel the need for decent light and cold res. So I wen't with ist wizzy rather than the 6ist CS i used in pits, so my pit runner had 72 more mf. I also originally was going to use a no skills 20fcr amulet and chancies for 25 more mf, but I liked the 2 skills on the amulet, and then went with trangs gloves over magefist just because I wanted the cold res.

Map
Got really a quite nice map pretty quickly, though it's nothing insane. 2 teles to trapdoor, reasonable teleport path, and just under 6boss avg with the new runcounter.
ftLfRNR.png

Orange is common boss pack locations and blue is occasional pack location.

Finds
Honestly, nothing screenshot worthy. Only 9.3+ mfo scorer was steel pillar #10. Fairly dry set of runs. Thought right at the end I got a troll drop with my first ever ilvl 85 unique scourge 🤬. Which makes horizons #8 with no stormlash, and that was the first one that wasn't eligible to roll lash. Best rune was mal.

Efficiency
Overall, had 5.99 boss average (new runcounter total), which is about 5.82 with the old counting method, and had 47.2s avg runtime with 584 mf, so avg adjeff of 2.95. The efficiency on each of five sets of 100 runs looked like this:
  • 1-100: 3.18
  • 101-200: 3.003
  • 201-300: 2.87
  • 301-400: 2.87
  • 401-500: 2.90
So did improve a bit throughout the mini set.

Status Table
Code:
                                           Totals = 147.5h   75400

Char      Loc   Runs   End Date    MF    Time    Bosses   Bosses*   Adjeff   Big Finds
-------   ---   ----   ---------   ---   -----   ------   -------   ------   ---------
fohdin    AT    500     5-Dec-20   462    8.1h    2900     2800      3.98    steelrend, azure, garg bite, cran bash, cham
javazon   Pit   500    31-Dec-20   402   10.4h    3900     3800      3.92    spir keep, gris shield, bkwb, eth boneflame
bombnec   AT    500    16-Feb-20   584    6.6h    3000     2900      2.95    steel pillar
                                Totals = 25.1h    9800

@D2DC thanks so much! It's definitely been a fun project for me, and that FoHdin was fun to play for sure! And I've got sever others in mind too, so I don't plan on stopping too soon :).

~~~1.07 LK + Travincal~~~
I am going to be doing combination runs of my LK map + Trav Counsel members. 1000k runs should hopefully take Profeta near lvl 95 and her well deserved retirement. The path I'll be running on her LK map consists of:
- Ceremonial Javelin rack (100% stable)
- Balrog Skin rack (~20% stable)
- Devil Star rack (~5% stable)
- Grim Helm rack (70-80% stable at the moment..)

She also hits 6x of the superchests along this route. All of this leads her in a very tight loop right back to the WP, from which she proceeds to Travincal. Orb/Static Sorc is NOT the greatest Counsel runner.. But, it's good for getting her XP. Actual runs take her probably 2:30-3:00 minutes on average. Then there is a lot of ID-ing, cubing, muling and reviving.. She will be cubing/crafting along the way as well, which can be time consuming. The first 20 runs took me about 1 hour in total. So, getting in 1000 runs during the RFL is going to be a challenge! 😓

My goals for this 1000 set:
  1. 2x Unique rack drops from LK - I am sure that a Titan's will drop, so hopefully she can manage an Arkaine's/Vamp Gaze as well.
  2. 1x HR drop from LK - IIRC there are two Vex and two one Lo patterns. I have 1x Lo at the moment, so I'll take one more of those please.
  3. 1x HR drop from Trav - Auto-win round 2 of RFL? Yes please! :LOL:
  4. Goodie goodies: hoping for some more nice crafts, charms, and fodder for Heart of the Ocean rolls. ;)
  5. edit: 1x reeeeally good crafted gloves
Tracking: I will try to keep these numbers as best I can, but no promises that they are 100% accurate..
Code:
Runs: 1000

Tirs - 40
Orts - 18
Jwls - 88

SCs - 175
LCs - 175
GCs - 174
Code:
Runs: 100

Tirs - 8
Orts - 0
Jwls - 10

SCs - 14
LCs - 18
GCs - 20
Just getting started, and already knocked out one of my objectives! Run #29
Screenshot030.jpg
Run #67 🤯
Screenshot031.jpg
Code:
Prefix 1040 Large Charm of Vita
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 66
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x12686955
+34 to Life
Fire Resist +24%

Prefix 931 Small Charm of Dexterity
Required Level: 16
Item Level: 93
Fingerprint: 0x7f1963b5
+2 to Dexterity
+18 to Attack Rating
+2 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 852 Large Charm of Quality
Required Level: 30
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x6747c360
+15 to Maximum Damage
Code:

Tirs - 3
Orts - 2
Jwls - 14

SCs - 12
LCs - 29
GCs - 18
Run #111
Screenshot048.jpg
Req lvl 11.. 😲
Screenshot049.jpg
Screenshot052.jpg
Code:
Prefix 965 Grand Charm of Strength
Required Level: 10
Fingerprint: 0x2c2f45dd
+6 to Strength
+44 to Mana

M'avina's Tenet
Sharkskin Belt
Defense: 82
Durability: 13 of 14
Required Strength: 20
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0xc8f9c39
+50 Defense
15% Mana stolen per hit
+5 to Light Radius
40% Faster Run/Walk
Code:

Tirs - 4
Orts - 0
Jwls - 8

SCs - 15
LCs - 19
GCs - 20
Run #240 - I had switched off the Grim Helm, because I couldn't get it to consistently drop for some reason. Although the Bramble rack is equally inconsistent, I figure I can get a few pairs out of the remaining 700+ runs, rather than possibly coming up empty on running GH the rest of the way.
Screenshot054.jpg
Code:
Prefix 978 Small Charm of Inertia
Required Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0x5f1ff0c3
+17 to Mana
3% Faster Run/Walk
Code:
Runs: 100 *

Tirs - 3
Orts - 1
Jwls - 11

SCs - 21
LCs - 13
GCs - 20

* I had a power outage and lost info on 20+ runs, so I had to try to guess/remember some of these numbers.
Run #304
Screenshot057.jpg
Code:
Prefix 856 Small Charm of Sustenance
Required Level: 17
Fingerprint: 0x2fca03d0
+12 to Life
+4 to Maximum Damage

Hailstone Casque
Coronet
Defense: 34
Durability: 21 of 30
Required Level: 52
Fingerprint: 0x2bfc3d18
+19 to Dexterity
+86 to Attack Rating
+14 to Maximum Damage
All Resistances +18
Replenish Life +8
+2 to Passive and Magic Skills (Amazon Only)
Code:

Tirs - 5
Orts - 2
Jwls - 6

SCs - 19
LCs - 14
GCs - 15
Run #445 - forgot to put "1 epic craft" in my objectives. This is the best I've seen so far. Hopefully, I can conjure up something even better.
Screenshot062.jpg
Code:
Prefix 966 Grand Charm of Vita
Required Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0x1791f5d0
+37 to Life
+47 to Mana
Code:

Tirs - 1
Orts - 2
Jwls - 8

SCs - 21
LCs - 12
GCs - 15
Screenshot063.jpg
Run #553
Screenshot064.jpg
Code:

Tirs - 3
Orts - 4
Jwls - 5

SCs - 18
LCs - 16
GCs - 15
First set of bugged javelins I've crafted.
Screenshot066.jpg
Run #680
Screenshot068.jpg
Code:

Tirs - 2
Orts - 3
Jwls - 5

SCs - 24
LCs - 19
GCs - 19
Run #711 - I wish they actually did have Um runes at 7-11.. :unsure:
Screenshot069.jpg
Run #776
Screenshot070.jpg
Code:

Tirs - 4
Orts - 3
Jwls - 10

SCs - 15
LCs - 18
GCs - 19
Code:

Tirs - 7
Orts - 1
Jwls - 11

SCs - 16
LCs - 17
GCs - 13
Run #942 - Lvl 95
Screenshot073.jpg
Run #968
Screenshot074.jpg
Run #970
Screenshot075.jpg
Run #980
Screenshot076.jpg
Thoughts/Conclusion:
As you can see, this is a good way to build up some jewel/crafting fodder. I was crafting with all Tirs/Orts plus 1 or 2 greater crafts (Lum?), and still had quite the excess of jewel drops. There were quite a few decent charms in there, probably about a dozen +5/+6 max SCs, and a handful of +19/+20 GCs. Nothing jaw dropping that I can remember off hand.

S/Us were quite plentiful. I actually had 3x Titan's drops (2 were ethereal), but they were all garbage +2/+1 skills. Got a Vamp Gaze right off the bat, and back to back Peasant Crowns.. While I wish that one of those was an Arkaines, I can't complain too much with the Lo that dropped right at the end. :D

Last edited:
1x HR drop from LK - IIRC there are two Vex and two Lo patterns. I have 1x Lo at the moment, so I'll take one more of those please.
Lo Vex Vex Gul Um Um Um <- 1.07 LK patterns :p

Reactions: D2DC and Luhkoh
~~~Pitfight: Lightning Sorceress~~~
For a little 1kmw mini-series, I wanted to run 3 pit sorceress builds on the same and compare the results I get. So we'll have 500 runs of lightning sorc, 500 of nova sorc, and 500 with fova/novaballer sorc. Should be fun!

Character: Lightning Sorceress
MF: 504

Character Overview
Just a pit lightning sorceress with a bit over 500mf and then a focus on damage. I originally tried to run her with my sweet eth 3/20/20 eschutas, but I actually was dying whole lot due to the extremely low resistances. So I ended up switching to hoto. Ah well. I actually know this character can be run at a much more impressive level. I have a non-FAM playing buddy who can run her at sub 1.9adjeff pretty reliably (without torch/anni) 0_0, but he has completed 2 grails, almost entirely with a pit light sorc, so no telling how many runs he has done. Anyways I am not the person to show this character's potential. I didn't like her much at all, despite her being my favorite arcane sanctuary runner. She feels squishy with lightning not reliably putting the majority of monsters around you in fhr, so you need a good landing spot, especially in the pits where there are so many mobs. And also you need to aim pretty well to cast at the boss accurately. Then unbreakable light immune archers have to be telestomped, which feels sorta dangerous. But anyways, wasn't my favorite. I think I'm going to like the other two builds much more.

Sample Runs and Gameplay

EDIT: while the youtube links seem to be down on the site, I'll give this direct link.

Gear
Helm - Griffons (facet)
Amulet - 2sorc/19fcr/20@/31lres
Weapon - Hoto
Body - Enigma
Shield - Spirit
Swap - Cta/Spirit
Gloves - Chancies
Ring 1 - Nagel
Ring 2 - Soj
Belt - Goldwrap
Boots - War Travs
Merc - Defiance with Andy's (cham), Fort, Infinity

Build is max lightning and synergies, lightning mastery, 1pt frozen armor, and the rest in warmth.

Map
This is an acceptable map, but nothing great at all. Boss count is just under 8, and it's a 4 tile nonlinear. Would've liked to get a better one for this comparison, but spent a few hours looking and settled.
3meD6Y0.png

Yellow is consistent boss pack locations and orange is semi frequent pack location.

Finds
Quite nice! Found 40mf chancies, 40mf gheeds, a sur rune, my second ever knell striker (and first in hell I think), executioners justice #7, cranium bashers #5, and three grandfathers (numbers 9-11). Pretty crazy, but still none of my 3 remaining grailers (fathom, stormlash, tyraels).
xmuOnj0.jpg

Just wanted to include this beauty somewhere, even though I didn't end up using.
JuSgNIc.jpg
eDhxoSE.jpg%27

CUHwlQq.jpg
eWSUpMb.jpg

lDuBbyA.jpg

ZUJZN25.jpg

5nVbgBL.jpg

Efficiency
Overall, had 7.87 boss average (new runcounter total), which is about 7.64 with the old counting method, and had 64.1s avg runtime with 504 mf, so avg adjeff of 3.14. The average with the new counting method was 3.05, and the best set of 100 runs with the new counting method was 2.85.

Status Table
Code:
                                           Totals = 147.5h   75400

bombnec   AT    500    16-Feb-21   584    6.6h    3000     2900      2.95    steel pillar
litesrc   Pit   500    23-Jul-21   504    8.9h    3900     3800      3.14    3x grandfather, exec just, cran bash, knell, sur
                                Totals = 34.0h   13700

Last edited by a moderator:
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High