117 vs 94 fcr light sorc

rukz

Apr 16, 2005
117 vs 94 fcr light sorc

Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask a few questions regarding fast cast breakpoints for lightning/chain lightning. I know its a 1 frame difference but important is it to hit the 117% fast cast rate? I have a sorc currently getting 94% fast cast with more than max res in hell difficulty, i can swap out my CoH for ViperMagi and hit the 117% break point but i lose out on the res, my res in hell will be around 40 or so not to mention the other benefits of CoH (skills, str, etc..). I know the best way to do it is to just try it with 117 and again with 94 and see if i like it that much better but i dont have a magi and dont reallyw atn to trade for one to find out its not worth the trouble.. let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

117% FCR is very nice to have, and I would strive for it. It's something like the difference between 105% FCR and 63% FCR for all other spells. Most people who hit the 105% FCR don't go back to the 63% FCR.

If you list your gear, people might be able to make some suggestions on how to get to 117% FCR. If you really can't get to 117% FCR, then the breakpoint below that is 78% FCR (not 94% FCR), so you can afford to lose some FCR gear.

117% FCR is very nice to have, and I would strive for it. It's something like the difference between 105% FCR and 63% FCR for all other spells. Most people who hit the 105% FCR don't go back to the 63% FCR.

If you list your gear, people might be able to make some suggestions on how to get to 117% FCR. If you really can't get to 117% FCR, then the breakpoint below that is 78% FCR (not 94% FCR), so you can afford to lose some FCR gear.

Exactly, go for one of the breakpoint, either get more fcr or lose some and gain other mods.

I would say 117 is the way to go, the faster you tele and cast spells the better.

Mike

Equipment is as follows:
Soj(x2)
Maras
CoH
Spirit (34%)
Hoto
Magefists
War Travs
Goul Trap

My issue is in order for me to get the 117 i need to ditch CoH for Magi (then I won't have full res-maybe Um the magi <shrug>) or get Arachs and ditch 1 soj for 10 fcr ring.. but getting arachs is kinda out of my budget right now :(

Problem solved: I just got Griffons and Arachs for some HR's and an aTorch woot can't wait to get home and complete the trade and try this stuff out!

If you can Um a Vipermagi, then can you not trade for an Arach with that Um? The last time I traded, an Arach was going for an Um rune. If you manage to get that Arach, then adding a FCR ring will get you to that breakpoint, which is ideal for the gear setup you listed.

I guess you could ditch the two SoJs for two FCR rings, which will get you to 114% FCR. The 3% can be gained from a caster belt, which gives you 5-10% FCR. So you get to keep the CoH that way. You lose out on +2 skills and a good deal of mana though, but if you have an Insight merc, that should remedy the mana issue.

Edit: Congrats on the Griffon's.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High