1.07 News, Info, and Gossip

I decided to update the time travel post in the SPF Community & Links sticky today with explanations, new finds and outstanding posts from the last 6 months.

I added that with the advent of D2R there is new demand for SoJ farming in 1.00, the guide on 1.07 spear and polearm bases by @ziambe, @jimsfriend 's success story of finding HLW in 1.08 as well as @ziambe's rundown on 1.08 deadly crafts.

I also added the following posts which include new maggot farming strategies (@LprMan), Duriel bugging (@Derklord), the mystery of the Anya quest reward in 1.07 (@LprMan) as well as why ATMA is wrong for 1.08 MF (by me).
Educated Guess on how MDR works in 1.00 & Greyform commercial by @art_vandelay

5000 IQ Howl/Taunt strategy for maggot farming by @LprMan

Due to a blunder Duriel Hell only drops crap, unless you bug him to drop from his intended TC. Accidentally found by @ziambe and made runnable by @Derklord. @Fruit later explained it and why it doesn't work for Mephisto.

Never collect Anya Hell rewards in a TCP/IP game, it gives you normal rewards instead by @LprMan

Thorough breakdown of socketing in 1.07 with socket numbers by @Derklord

ATMA drop calc is wrong for 1.08 by @art_vandelay

@Derklord Can I link the MF calc and spreadsheet from your signature in the time travel post as well?

Nice! Seems like more time travellers are emerging from the cosmos lately, so this will surely help :)

Can you add that 5% frw small charms are in 1.08 too?

Can you add that 5% frw small charms are in 1.08 too?
Added!

Now for some questions and a table:
  • Does IK's Will have 2os in 1.07/1.08?
  • Does the three piece Tal's combo give +65% MF in 1.07/1.08?
  • Does the Tancred's combo give +78% MF in 1.07/1.08?
  • Does the Vidala's combo give +50% MF in 1.07/1.08?
  • Can act bosses actually drop 7 items in 1.07/1.08? (Pretty sure @GalaXyHaXz claimed differently at some point)
and finally, here's all breakpoints for all qualities (magic, set, rare, unique), all quality factor combinations (0/0/0/0 =Regular/Minion, 800/800/800/1024 = Champ/Unique/SU, 983/983/983/1024 = Act boss), all difficulties, both patches (1.07, 1.08), all item tiers (normal, exceptional, elite) and item types (regular, class-specific) under the assumption that the [(mlvl-qlvl)/div] term is 0:
breakpoints.png
I colored every value over 999 red as I don't believe they are realistically achievable (max MF in 1.07 is 1390 and in 1.08 it's 1535 both of which involve a dual wielding barb with Ist weapons ;)). In reality a lot of the (worst case) breakpoints are lower, as the maximum qlvl that can be dropped by any monster is 66, so from mlvl 72 and up you should get better breakpoints, although not good enough to remedy the red breakpoints.

The little 342 at the bottom is the 1.07 breakpoint for Hell Cows to force qlvl 1 to 16 regular items to always be magical. As they can only drop up to TC 66 every item becomes at least magical as soon as you get 399 MF. So the question now becomes:
  • Is it worthwhile to stack anywhere from 342 to 399 MF to force cows to drop more blue items? This makes it easier to spot runes and I believe @WoRG did something like this during an RFL, but I do not know how much MF he stacked and how "blue" everything got.
Also I noticed that @m4ke 's and @Derklord 's MF breakpoint calc does not work on Ubuntu for me, which is partly why I made this table.

Reactions: ziambe
@art_vandelay
IK's Will has no sockets in 1.07...dunno about 1.08

For the questions on set MF, I checked in-game in 1.07... I only checked to see if the MF displayed, I didn't actually put on enuff extra MF to hit a breakpoint and run something to check...
Three piece Tal's gets +65% MF, and the Tancred and Vidala amulets give respectively +78% MF/+50% MF, when worn with another item in the set.... This is pretty much what I expected, as the green item-specific boni on classic sets (both Tancred's and Vidala's) were added in 1.07, but those on the new exceptional sets weren't added until a later patch (1.10, I believe). From my understanding, the green item-specific boni are properties on the item itself, and are not present on items dropped in patches prior to their addition...and forwarding such items doesn't add them. However, three piece Tal's is a partial set bonus, not a green item-specific bonus, so it does work.

I did run cows in RFL with ~390MF, enough that only the highest TC items they could drop were ever white. It's also enough to force sets from champs/uniques, which helps if you're wanting cow set items or a Naj's Puzzler for your grail (can't rack it, cows can drop it). It cuts down on white clutter, but there's always a LOT of white...gold, scrolls, potions, arrows/bolts, keys, and gems are all white too. It definitely helps in spotting runes, especially once all the rune bows, rune scepters, rune staves, and rune swords aren't white :rolleyes:

WoRG

Reactions: art_vandelay
Anyone know if the IAS breakpoints for amazon throwing javelins are buried somewhere in here? Asking for a friend...

Has anyone ever seen this interesting 1.09 patch note?
Fixed a bug where items could give characters skills that are exclusive to another Character class.
I don't know what this means exactly but I think it should be easy to test, so I found all instances of the "skill" modifier on uniques. (For sets there is only three instances of "skill" appearing, and they are all on Tal's Orb).

Why uniques? I doubt that they changed staffmods in the 1.07 patch and there's a real possibility that they are handled differently to deliberately set skill boni on uniques/sets.

Here's the uniques with "skill" modifier, all of which were probably never equipped even once in the history of 1.07 SPF:
NameBase ItemSkillLevel
Hand of Blessed LightDivine ScepterHoly Bolt3
WarpspearGothic StaffTeleport3
Telekinesis2
SkullcollectorRune StaffStatic Field3
Kuko ShakakuCedar BowImmolation Arrow3
EndlesshailDouble BowMultishot2
MagewrathRune BowGuided Arrow3
If anyone wants to test, that would be great. I do not personally own any of these items as far as I know... They can not be racked except for the Hand of Blessed Light and the best source otherwise is Duriel Hell.

(I highly doubt that the patch note references the "skilltab" modifier, because otherwise we would have seen this when equipping Trang Oul's Claws.)

Checked skull collector and hand of blessed light on amazon, they dont give holy bolt or static field to an amazon. I don't have a warpspear unfortunately.

The bows did all gave the zon the skill in question.

@art_vandelay I tested this with a barb, for whom none of the skills are native...

Like @ziambe, I found that HoBL and Skull Collector don't give holy bolt or static field. I DO have several Warpspears... it didn't give Telekinesis or Teleport.

However, the bows all DID grant their oskills to the barb, despite listing (Amazon Only) after the skill...

I also forwarded the items and tested them in 1.08...same result. No idea if a 1.08 native (i.e. dropped in 1.08) HoBL, Skull Collector, or Warpspear would work, as I don't have any....

BTW, all of these items can also be dropped by 1.07 Hell Council, which is why I have multiples of them....

WoRG

Last edited:
Like @ziambe, I found that HoBL and Skull Collector don't give holy bolt or static field. I DO have several Warpspears... it didn't give Telekinesis or Teleport.

However, the bows all DID grant their oskills to the barb, despite listing (Amazon Only) after the skill...

I also forwarded the items and tested them in 1.08...same result. No idea if a 1.08 native (i.e. dropped in 1.08) HoBL, Skull Collector, or Warpspear would work, as I don't have any....
Thanks for checking it out!

If I might bug you some more, here is another 1.09 patch note:
Fixed bug which allowed certain Horadric Cube recipes that were meant to be disabled to continue to function.
Which of the "disabled" crafting recipes did you actually try out? There are over 200 crafts in 1.07, some with the enabled flag set and most without. Also if you tried them out, did you know that some of those crafts can only be made in a certain difficulty and by a certain character class?

Here are the class rings and amulets, those are a bit more than 10% of the crafts in 1.07:
Ring + Jewel + r01 + Hel Rune -> Assassin Ring 1​
Ring + Jewel + r01 + Hel Rune + Po Rune -> Assassin Ring 2​
Ring + Jewel + r02 + Hel Rune -> Druid Ring 1​
Ring + Jewel + r02 + Hel Rune + Po Rune -> Druid Ring 2​
Ring + Jewel + r03 + Hel Rune -> Sorceress Ring 1​
Ring + Jewel + r03 + Hel Rune + Po Rune -> Sorceress Ring 2​
Ring + Jewel + r04 + Hel Rune -> Paladin Ring 1​
Ring + Jewel + r04 + Hel Rune + Po Rune -> Paladin Ring 2​
Ring + Jewel + r05 + Hel Rune -> Barbarian Ring 1​
Ring + Jewel + r05 + Hel Rune + Po Rune -> Barbarian Ring 2​
Ring + Jewel + r06 + Hel Rune -> Amazon Ring 1​
Ring + Jewel + r06 + Hel Rune + Po Rune -> Amazon Ring 2​
Ring + Jewel + r07 + Hel Rune -> Necromancer Ring 1​
Ring + Jewel + r07 + Hel Rune + Po Rune -> Necromancer Ring 2​
Amulet + Jewel + r01 + Dol Rune -> Assassin Amulet 1​
Amulet + Jewel + r01 + Dol Rune + Po Rune -> Assassin Amulet 2​
Amulet + Jewel + r02 + Dol Rune -> Druid Amulet 1​
Amulet + Jewel + r02 + Dol Rune + Po Rune -> Druid Amulet 2​
Amulet + Jewel + r03 + Dol Rune -> Sorceress Amulet 1​
Amulet + Jewel + r03 + Dol Rune + Po Rune -> Sorceress Amulet 2​
Amulet + Jewel + r04 + Dol Rune -> Paladin Amulet 1​
Amulet + Jewel + r04 + Dol Rune + Po Rune -> Paladin Amulet 2​
Amulet + Jewel + r05 + Dol Rune -> Barbarian Amulet 1​
Amulet + Jewel + r05 + Dol Rune + Po Rune -> Barbarian Amulet 2​
Amulet + Jewel + r06 + Dol Rune -> Amazon Amulet 1​
Amulet + Jewel + r06 + Dol Rune + Po Rune -> Amazon Amulet 2​
Amulet + Jewel + r07 + Dol Rune -> Necromancer Amulet 1​
Amulet + Jewel + r07 + Dol Rune + Po Rune -> Necromancer Amulet 2​
where r01 is El, r02 is Eld, r03 is Tir, etc. Each class can only craft their own recipe and every second of these recipes has minimum difficulty set as "1" which I interpret as Nightmare and above, but it might be Hell, who knows.

I have no clue how to actually check which might be "enabled despite being disabled" short of trying them all out.

Well, I tried all of those, with every class, in all three difficulties, and in both SC & HC... though I didn't try all combo's on all characters... I only tried in HC with zon & barb, and I only tested in normal with the sorc, necro, and druid...

None worked 😞

As far as other crafts that aren't enabled, I know I tried a few (lesser amulet/ring, safety amulet/ring for sure...), but never anything organized or systematic...

WoRG

Is it perhaps referring to fixing the broken cube recipes like res soj so they work properly and no longer produce unique/set/rare rings?

It might also be turning off some of the 1.08 crafting recipes that work on certain days of the month.

Last edited:
@Derklord Can I link the MF calc and spreadsheet from your signature in the time travel post as well?
Sure! Where the hell did the signature edition function vanish to?

On a topic of time travel post, may I suggest removing the post about HLW not granting dealdy strike from the "key posts"? Not only is that not the only item like that (Harle also has its 1.25 mana/level bugged the same way, for example), but I'd say something planned you can't get isn't really that relevant.
Can act bosses actually drop 7 items in 1.07/1.08? (Pretty sure @GalaXyHaXz claimed differently at some point)
I'm pretty sure they can't, or at least that Duriel can't. Looking through my over 350 screenshots of Duriel drops, there's not a single 7-item-drop, and considering the frequency of 6-item-drops, that can't just be chance.
Also I noticed that @m4ke 's and @Derklord 's MF breakpoint calc does not work on Ubuntu for me, which is partly why I made this table.
Do you have Java Runtime Environment installed?

Anyone know if the IAS breakpoints for amazon throwing javelins are buried somewhere in here? Asking for a friend...
Apart from Feral Rage, WW, and possible the two-weapon-attacks (Frenzy, Double Throw, Dragon Claw), all attack speeds are the same as in later patches.

I DO have several Warpspears... it didn't give Telekinesis or Teleport.
Seems to be only work with Amazon skills - the 1.08 runewords expand the list of bonuses to specific skills, but the only one selectable on a different class is Melody's Slow Missiles (although using it crashes the game).

omg, then you could mage a Magewraith assassin + deathsentry
shoot until corpse, BOOM
What's that do that you can't do as well with a regular bow with an Eth rune in it? Endlesshail on the other hand would be very interesting on a Sniper (Assassin with Venom + other poison damage, hitting targets once and letting the poison damage kill them).

Sure! Where the hell did the signature edition function vanish to?
Will add that to the overview then. Thanks!

On a topic of time travel post, may I suggest removing the post about HLW not granting dealdy strike from the "key posts"? Not only is that not the only item like that (Harle also has its 1.25 mana/level bugged the same way, for example), but I'd say something planned you can't get isn't really that relevant.
True, I forgot about the Harlequin Crest thing. The post is very visible anyway, I mostly thought it would be an interesting little tidbit.

I'm pretty sure they can't, or at least that Duriel can't. Looking through my over 350 screenshots of Duriel drops, there's not a single 7-item-drop, and considering the frequency of 6-item-drops, that can't just be chance.
Thanks for confirming. I recently found (and lost) the post again and GalaXyHaXz said it was on quest drop. That doesn't seem very useful unless not talking to Tyrael allows you to get the quest drop over and over again.

Do you have Java Runtime Environment installed?
I actually (successfully) worked with Java and IntelliJ on this system but something must be screwed up in the setup:
Code:
java --version
openjdk 16.0.1 2021-04-20
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 16.0.1+9-Ubuntu-120.04)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 16.0.1+9-Ubuntu-120.04, mixed mode, sharing)
It's not a big deal, I have a Windows system as well where I can run it.

True, I forgot about the Harlequin Crest thing. The post is very visible anyway, I mostly thought it would be an interesting little tidbit.
In case anyone's curious, full list of unique items with per-level-stats that don't work because the values were only written in the "min" and "max" columns, instead of the "param" column these stats require:
Highlord's Wrath1% deadly strike/lvl
Iron Pelt3 ac/lvl
Harlequin Crest1.25 mana/lvl
Veil of Steel1.5 vitality/lvl
Messerschmidt's Reaver3% max dmg/lvl
Messerschmidt's Reaver1 thorns/lvl
Ribcracker1.25 mana/lvl
Related: Black Hades and Hone Sundan have their custom socket numbers (2 and 3, respectively) written in "min" and "max", but just like per-level-stats, they require being written in the "param" column. In these cases, the stat doesn't completely vanish, but rather default to 1 socket. Blade of Ali Baba also has different sockets from what's written in the MPQ, but that's because the base item type maxes out at 2 sockets, which overwrites the 3 sockets listed in the uniques.txt.

Last edited:
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High