1.07 News, Info, and Gossip

@WoRG I didn't know whether you would be back at all, so I kinda took it upon myself to write a few things regarding time traveling:
but of course I would like to hear your input on it, I'm sure I missed some things (a list of unrackable items in LK didn't make it into the racking guide for some reason).

Can 20 points DS and maybe some +skills on equip be enough to clear those undead hordes in the anya portal?

want to make a dedicated shopping assa in 1.07

Or are Runic talons in the 1.10 beta better because 3 sockets?

Not sure why you'd shop in 1.07. Less affixes or something?

I'll just go and say that 1.10a claws with 3os potential are cool on paper but really abysmal in practice. Results are just terribly bad and +skills prefix is super rare. I guess you can easily get 100IAS Runics for Bear build, but if you plan on *seriously* rerolling stuff there I suggest 1.10a Dimensional Shard and get 6 blizzard 20 fcr 3os (90MF) sorc orb that would be perfect Occy-Fathom hybrid in terms of great MF and great dmg and much cooler than claws because that can appear only in that patch (it probably won't happen but man can dream).

Reactions: d2lover
well, i wanted 1.07, because if I can shop 100 life armors too on the way and punch 4 holes in it, maybe even an archonplate of the whale (but racking ap should be better)

3/4 of the times, any good claw gets 2 sockets

but if you don't care about reqs, I think +2/3 LS and 40 ias would be very nice with 3 holes

but does the additional hole offset the reqs, i don't know.

Where to get a Dimensional Shard for rerolling? That would be very nice indeed :)

Where to get a Dimensional Shard for rerolling? That would be very nice indeed :)
Anya reward for Sorceress, otherwise it should be impossible.

Also, the chance for 3os 40% IAS Runic Talons in 1.10a (not 1.10s) is around 1 in 100 if I recall correctly, so worth it if you want to try the bear build. But I wouldn't go much further. Here are the recipes:
Farming gems is easiest on p13 LK in 1.09b, you get a ton of gems while also having the chance of two Sur patterns.

Are level 10 sacrifice charges possible on magic warscepters?

I have a ilvl 91 one with lvl 9 charges, and if I recall correctly the level is dependant on the ilvl.

in later patches ilvl 91 is lvl 10

what about in 1.07?

Nothing. The classic sets all had their item specific set bonuses added with 1.07 - but the expansion sets had theirs added with 1.10

Not sure why you'd shop in 1.07. Less affixes or something?

I'll just go and say that 1.10a claws with 3os potential are cool on paper but really abysmal in practice. Results are just terribly bad and +skills prefix is super rare. I guess you can easily get 100IAS Runics for Bear build, but if you plan on *seriously* rerolling stuff there I suggest 1.10a Dimensional Shard and get 6 blizzard 20 fcr 3os (90MF) sorc orb that would be perfect Occy-Fathom hybrid in terms of great MF and great dmg and much cooler than claws because that can appear only in that patch (it probably won't happen but man can dream).

with a GG circlet like this:

+2 cold/all
2 sox
@
%mf
20 fcr
30 str or life

would that be ok instead of shako?

2 ists in the holes

and then you just have to roll +6 Blizzard :D

@art_vandelay I see in the dropcalculator that merely increasing the players count in the game doesn't affect drop chances, only party size.

But what counts as partysize, only 2 screens or when I have 8 partied chars in the cowlevel, and one killer, will I have p8 drops?

want to know my odds of finding a Zod :D

Are the amazon bow and javelin attackspeed breakpoints the same?

I have a cruel Hydrabow with 20 ias, (craft)
I only have 15 cb gloves, no IAS, but I wear catseye and can socket my GFace with a ias jool

but the speed of the javs is ok, so I'd like to know if ShaelNefShael will be enough for maxspeed, it's mainly for lightning enchanted cows

Adding to the 1.10 beta post I made back then:
  • Multi-instance .dlls are in the trenshadow files in the Links sticky, that one was easy.
  • You need ATS (a to s :p) to actually forward from 1.10a to 1.10s. I tested this morning without the tool and got an empty char in 1.10s. You can download the tool together with ATMA IV (necessary to run it) here on the ATMA page. Once you opened the character you want to forward in ATS you open the "File" menu and select the "Convert to 1.10s" option which will convert the character and close it in ATS. Very easy to use and completely justifies playing exclusively in 1.10a and just going to 1.10s to make CtA.
  • Yes this works, a few people in this thread tested it and so did I now, works like a charm.
Two more things about the betas:
  • Cold Mastery in 1.10a gives -(5+3*(slvl-1)) Enemy Cold Resist vs. the -(20+5*(slvl-1)) from modern which means that Frozen Orb is not good enough to take out Hephasto reliably. I had to make myself a Hammerdin to collect forges but he is very good at it.
  • There is a snapshot of the Arreat Summit from around the time 1.10s was released. It includes patch notes for the beta (which the basin wiki doesn't have) and could be interesting to learn more about the beta but also about 1.09. You already saw this @Helvete ?
And finally I wish I read this post by Hakai_no_Tenshi before looking at my beta Call to Arms in GoMule. Looks freaky:
Call to Arms
War Scepter
AmnRalMalIstOhm
One Hand Damage: 35 - 61
Durability: 70 of 70
Required Level: 57
Required Strength: 55
Fingerprint: 0x5e0ba0e1
GUID: 0xa771cb35 0xadd9e871 0x0
Item Level: 36
Version: Legacy (pre 1.08)
+2 to All Skills
+40% Increased Attack Speed
259% Enhanced Damage
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+3 to Holy Shield (Paladin Only)
+17 to Battle Command
+11 to Battle Orders
+12 to Battle Cry
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Amn Rune
Socketed: Ral Rune
Socketed: Mal Rune
Socketed: Ist Rune
Socketed: Ohm Rune

Amn Rune
Required Level: 25
GUID: 0x22c4be16 0x22c4be16 0x0
Version: Expansion
Weapons: 7% Life stolen per hit
Armor: Attacker Takes Damage of 14
Shields: Attacker Takes Damage of 14

Ral Rune
Required Level: 19
GUID: 0xdaa52934 0x45897c2c 0x0
Weapons: Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Armor: Fire Resist +30%
Shields: Fire Resist +35%

Mal Rune
Required Level: 49
GUID: 0x11a68dba 0x684e3a42 0x0
Weapons: Prevent Monster Heal
Armor: Magic Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Magic Damage Reduced by 7

Ist Rune
Required Level: 51
GUID: 0xfffffffe 0x7ab6fbbf 0x0
Weapons: 30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Armor: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Shields: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Ohm Rune
Required Level: 57
GUID: 0x3bdcbdb7 0x8b13a987 0x0
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Weapons: Enhanced Maximum Damage
Armor: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist

EDIT: Ok there must be some sort of bug in GoMule. If I open the Character in ATMA I get this readout for the Ist Rune:
Ist Rune
Inserted into a War Scepter

30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Required Level: 51
Item Version: Expansion
GUID: 0xffffffff 0x1eadbeef 0x0
So that's a bit closer to -1 deadbeef but still off by one digit, wtf Tenshi 🧐

can someone explain why you can't forward from the first beta to the second, but from 1.07 to the second?

I have a pure Fire sorceress on the way to 99 in 1.07 for BkWb hunting, does it mean I should stay with any additional chars in the first beta and just forward for cta?

Does the forwarding work with atma V?

Anya reward for Sorceress, otherwise it should be impossible.
Not true. In 1.10a Dimensional Shards can drop off monsters. It's still rare but it can drop in alvl85 areas. Just do a MFO in 1.10a and you will have enough Dimensional Shards to last you for a lifetime or rerolling :D

Not true. In 1.10a Dimensional Shards can drop off monsters. It's still rare but it can drop in alvl85 areas. Just do a MFO in 1.10a and you will have enough Dimensional Shards to last you for a lifetime or rerolling :D
would +6/20 fc 3 sox be the very best weapon, with close to optimal gear like good inventory, and amulet?

can someone explain why you can't forward from the first beta to the second, but from 1.07 to the second?

I have a pure Fire sorceress on the way to 99 in 1.07 for BkWb hunting, does it mean I should stay with any additional chars in the first beta and just forward for cta?

Does the forwarding work with atma V?
Those versions are really scuffed. I don't know exact reasoning why things work like they do, but you can't transfer from 1.10a to 1.10s. You need to use ATS to do so iirc. ATS I think stands for Atma a to s (referencing a and s versions of 1.10). I don't know if you can transfer directly to 1.10s from 1.07 but I wouldn't risk it. I always go 1.07 -> 1.10a -> 1.10s with ATS.
But yeah, sorcs can't really handle Hephasto. Thing is a monster. I also made Hammerdin just to kill that thing. I often wondered if you should make blizzard sorc for entire 1.10a/s business and forget about fire sorc. Monsters in Andariel's chamber are immune to fire and annoying as hell to deal with, and Hephasto fire immunity can be annoying too, not to mention that venom lords near him are also fire immune and will murder you in second.

Setup that you generally want for those versions is:

HF rush in 1.07 and collect NM runes there. It's easiest and you can get Ko and Lum for crafting on the spot and get ilvl99 crafts. Skip normal HF entirely.

Collect Hell forges in 1.10a
1.10a Firesorc for running Andariel for BKWBs and teleport to Hephasto and open portal there
1.10a character that can reliably kill Hephasto (hammerdin or summon necro probably)
ATS to transfer runes from 1.10a to 1.10s
1.10s low level character that will make beta CtA

It's pretty lenghty process.

Those versions are really scuffed. I don't know exact reasoning why things work like they do, but you can't transfer from 1.10a to 1.10s. You need to use ATS to do so iirc. ATS I think stands for Atma a to s (referencing a and s versions of 1.10). I don't know if you can transfer directly to 1.10s from 1.07 but I wouldn't risk it. I always go 1.07 -> 1.10a -> 1.10s with ATS.
But yeah, sorcs can't really handle Hephasto. Thing is a monster. I also made Hammerdin just to kill that thing. I often wondered if you should make blizzard sorc for entire 1.10a/s business and forget about fire sorc. Monsters in Andariel's chamber are immune to fire and annoying as hell to deal with, and Hephasto fire immunity can be annoying too, not to mention that venom lords near him are also fire immune and will murder you in second.

Setup that you generally want for those versions is:

HF rush in 1.07 and collect NM runes there. It's easiest and you can get Ko and Lum for crafting on the spot and get ilvl99 crafts. Skip normal HF entirely.

Collect Hell forges in 1.10a
1.10a Firesorc for running Andariel for BKWBs and teleport to Hephasto and open portal there
1.10a character that can reliably kill Hephasto (hammerdin or summon necro probably)
ATS to transfer runes from 1.10a to 1.10s
1.10s low level character that will make beta CtA

It's pretty lenghty process.
You don't have to skip normal, just pop them all it once, the runes are whatever, but having more gems is always good :)

Code:
Bitter Greaves
Light Plated Boots
Defense: 10
Durability: 9 of 18
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 50
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x5bc49874
+9 to Dexterity
+15 to Life