1.07 News, Info, and Gossip

Try making a "save" folder in your 1.14d directory and copy your earlier version save files there. I run the earlier versions from separate directories and it works for me like this.

Create a "save" folder in your 1.14d installation directory and copy your 1.07 save files there.

Run the game from your 1.07 directory and see if the characters are there.

I'll try.
The thing is that I can play 1.00 perfectly as long as I don't run 1.07 and I can also play 1.07 as long as I don't run 1.14. Something is making the newer version find the save files from older versions in their respective save folders. It's not that 1.07 can't find the save files in it's default saving folder... then I'd need to relocate the folder somewhere the game can actually find it. Each version is finding their save files alright, but it seems that the newer the version, the more files it'll find... even files that it shouldn't find hahaha

Is "Eth"ed set Mythical sword a solid weapon if you don't need the cb?

it has knockback, so you don't depend on merc selecting bash and with eth-rune it will hit like always, just wondering.

Or is bash ALWAYS and coloss blade is therefore strictly better?

Can Phaseblades be dropped by a weaponrack?

I saw every melee weapon but this one (and of course wands/staffs)
Check out the second spoiler in this post:
In it is a spoiler called "Invalid", it lists all the items that can't be racked in 1.07. Phase Blade is on that list.

It should be possible to rack it in modern D2 though, with a lot of patience :D

Reactions: d2lover
I thought Phase Blades were non-metal and therefore can't be racked in any version?

Hi, can someone kill the ancients in hell for me? Can teleport to it.

And I need the anya-quest on 7 chars in hell (previous difficulties I can make on my own), can provide teleport too, but the frost gargantuans are too tanky!

Also I have them as "Champion"s, but they come from classic. If I visit act 5 normal or nightmare, can they still join hell?

Last edited:
I would like to know if such a weapon is possible in 1.07 and be fowarded in 1.13 or 1.14:

Rare ethereal colossus blade with:
Cruel (300%) ED
Fool's (+16,5 Ar per level, +0,5 Max damage per level)
Mechanic's ( 1 socket)
OF slaughter (+20 max damage)
Of amplify damage (5% chance on hit to cast level 1 amplify damage)
Of quickness (40% IAS)

And since it's Ethereal in 1.07 it gets 50% extra damage when fowarded and you can atma bug it with a Zod to make it indestructible, leaving your 2 socket open for some 40/15 or some 2x Lo rune for 100% deadly strike with other gear. Let me know those who are well versed in 1.07. Kind regards.

Last edited:
Mechanic's ( 2 socket)
Of amplify damage (10% chance on hit to cast level 1 amplify damage)
This isn't possible, "Mechanist's " only grants 1 socket in 1.07 while " of Damage Amplification" only gives a 5% CtC lvl 1 Amplify Damage on striking in any patch.

I fixed it. Is the LArzuk quest able to give rares 2 socket in 1.07 ? If not, I guess this item is only possible in 1.10+ ? Kind regards.

What is the fastest method in 1.07 to accumulate chipped gems? I'm interested in playing these earlier patches but my patience is not what it was a few years ago. +fcr/+MPK ring would be my first and main priority with everything else coming after that.

For gems it's Travincal. LK superchests might be a little faster, but that's only my guess as I didn't run those.

If you mean chipped gems litteraly, then it's A1 normal obviously. But since there arent many superchests there and 1.07 doesn't have playersX command, it's a waste of time IMO.

Reactions: MizzouFTW
For gems it's Travincal. LK superchests might be a little faster, but that's only my guess as I didn't run those.

If you mean chipped gems litteraly, then it's A1 normal obviously. But since there arent many superchests there and 1.07 doesn't have playersX command, it's a waste of time IMO.
Thanks. What about Andy? IIRC she usually drops gems. Is that so in 1.07?

I can't see how she may be close to Travi/LK, I might be wrong though. But remember that Boss drops in 1.07 are poor, to put it mildly.

If you are trying for fcr/mpk ring, the gems don't have to be chipped. A sapphire of any tier works in the recipe. I get my gems in LK, but I would not say it is in any way fast. Efficient, maybe, but not fast.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High