1.07 News, Info, and Gossip

Regarding act boss 7 drops, I once read a post by either RTB or Thrugg that this only happens if at least 2 of the drops are gold piles. I believe it was regarding patch 1.09, the current patch at the time, but it might apply to other patches. Supposedly very rare, and I haven't come across it myself since I read that post.

Reactions: art_vandelay
I am reasonably sure i came across a 7 drop on my last playthrough (rush) and thought briefly about these discussions.

I thought a second about taking a ss but considering it was garbage items i didnt. It could only be either an actual quest drop or /p8 duri runs.

However all of this relies purely on memory and speculation, so i could be mistaken.

Reactions: art_vandelay
I am reasonably sure i came across a 7 drop on my last playthrough (rush) and thought briefly about these discussions.

I thought a second about taking a ss but considering it was garbage items i didnt. It could only be either an actual quest drop or /p8 duri runs.

However all of this relies purely on memory and speculation, so i could be mistaken.
my impression is that p8 does nothing if the players are not in the same area as the monster that is killed. true/false?

Well, mostly true....a bit more monster HP and XP than 7 players...

However, for rushing, quest kills on Andy, Meph, Diablo, and Baal require at least one rushee to be present (within a couple screens of the boss) to get credit for the kill, triggering quest completion for all partied toons...this means better drops than /p8 unpartied/not present (Duriel is different, as it's talking to Tyreal, not killing Duriel, that triggers quest completion...)

WoRG

Reactions: d2lover
Well, mostly true....a bit more monster HP and XP than 7 players...

However, for rushing, quest kills on Andy, Meph, Diablo, and Baal require at least one rushee to be present (within a couple screens of the boss) to get credit for the kill, triggering quest completion for all partied toons...this means better drops than /p8 unpartied/not present (Duriel is different, as it's talking to Tyreal, not killing Duriel, that triggers quest completion...)

WoRG
my impression is px does also nothing more than p1 if players are not in the area

and to get the questdrop, the toon with the open quest has to kill, you can abuse that in a game where the host has already done it.
also I believe there is NO questdrop in 1.07, so don't.

1st post on new forums... wasn't exactly active on the old ones, but I was a long time member over there. I'm super happy to see an active community still playing and learning about this game. I've been playing mostly 1.07 with a little 1.00 to feed exploding potions and gems to my cubing addiction.

To add some content--referencing the (new to me) info about items changing when brought from pre-LOD to 1.10+... does stuff change when going 1.00 to 1.07? I'm pretty sure I had some decent rares I'd sent with a mule of gems/potions change. I'm a few weeks from getting home and being able to play again (that council won't hork itself, damnit!), so I can't test or post samples. If rares do change, how can they be brought forward? (to 1.07, mainly)

1st post on new forums... wasn't exactly active on the old ones, but I was a long time member over there. I'm super happy to see an active community still playing and learning about this game. I've been playing mostly 1.07 with a little 1.00 to feed exploding potions and gems to my cubing addiction.

To add some content--referencing the (new to me) info about items changing when brought from pre-LOD to 1.10+... does stuff change when going 1.00 to 1.07? I'm pretty sure I had some decent rares I'd sent with a mule of gems/potions change. I'm a few weeks from getting home and being able to play again (that council won't hork itself, damnit!), so I can't test or post samples. If rares do change, how can they be brought forward? (to 1.07, mainly)
to forward items correctly:

load any classic preLoD character one time in 1.07, then you can forward to any patch you like.

If you skip this step (which is not allowed if you want to trade), items get impossible stats.

To be able to mule items in atma you also have to convert to expansion via the game menu, as there is no allowed muling application for classic characters. (you could still mule via tcp/ip tho, if you want some items for classic)

I can't recommend keeping any classic item past 1.06b(?), because there is absolutely no incentive to play classic, because SoJs are much better farmed at 1.00, then to farm them at Andariel.

When you craft an item and the %ed is too high it truncates when you save and exit. Has anyone tried waiting 6 minutes for a soft save before save and exit to see if that preserves your too-high %ed?

It won't...the game has no problem with %ed above 511%, I have several items with more than 511% (socketed jewels/Ohm runes in a very high %ed weapon)...but from what I've been told, items store %ed in a 9bit field (max value=511), so no matter how the save occurs, the %ed will be set to 511% if it was greater...

Incidentally, this hasn't changed since 1.07...its just that later patch items can't spawn with more than 510%ed (modern blood or hitpower craft with max automod %ed (60%) + max Cruel (300%) + max Master's (150%) = 510%ed)... I don't think you can get more any other way...

In 1.08 & 1.09, the most %ed you can get on a rare is 200% (King's (100%) + Merciless (100%)), crafts would add their automod %ed, but even a 1.08 greater craft would max out at 280%, and they can only get 1 socket... (all this is also true of 1.07 rare weapons, with the added malus of no +2 skills affixes (blue only in 1.07) and for several weapon types, lower durability)

WoRG

Last edited:
Reactions: jimsfriend
I just rolled 1000 coral rings and spawned only 1 rare. Is the odds about 1/1000 for a rare or did I have really bad luck and it's supposed to be 1/200 like I thought it is?

Do ethereal armor types work in crafting recipes? I know the output would not be ethereal, but I don't know if the input can be, or if only weapons allow that.

As long as it's blue (magic), it doesn't matter if its eth... and, as you stated, the output item will NOT be ethereal

WoRG

Hey @WoRG nice to see you around again! Since you are the master of 1.07 crafting, I thought I might ask you. What would you use each NM HF rune on?

Dol = Blood belt
Fall = ? - You can get a bugged bow with CtC frost nova on striking, right?
Sol = Caster boots
Shae = Blood gloves
Hel = Meh. I may even save these for re-rolling RWs.
Po = Safety body
Lum = Caster amulet
Ko = Both blood and caster rings

These are my plans. Any suggestions for me?

Sol = Caster boots are great, but if you can deal with the 163 Strength req of Mirrored boots, Blood boots are too... up to 25 life (which doesn't normally spawn on boots) and up to 15 life regen as an automod! As a bonus, Mirrored boots are shoppable (Wyrmhide boots must be racked or gambled)
Shae = Blood gloves... though if you can't use it in the game it dropped in, consider Caster gloves, as the qlvl of Vambraces is high enough to get +3 skilltabs anyway, and they can get up to 5 MPK, too
Dol = Blood belt, or also consider HitPower belt...up to 35% Damage to Mana can be awesome for many characters
Hel = Caster shields can be good for use in 1.07, but only get 2sox... Aegis (Blood shield) is just too damn heavy (it can at least be shopped)... I really wish Safety shields had been enabled in 1.07 (3sox would have made them godly)
Po = Safety body
Lum = I prefer Blood amulets... Blood amulets that roll ML will add automod LL for as much as 14%ML, and usually keep automod life (and anymore, I prefer to craft caster amulets in 1.08, where the FCR isn't bugged at 1%, and can stack up to 25%, though at the cost of 1.07s blue-only affixes...)
Ko = I prefer Blood rings... +Strength is just more valuable IMO than +Energy (and if you have a high lvl crafter and fresh runes, you can get up to +35Str:eek:) and the possibility of rolling 30+LL is pretty extraordinary!
Fal = Hitpower wpns that spawn a CtC affix that is 'on Attack' or 'on Striking' will change the automod Frost Nova to match... but most CtC affixes are pretty weak (CtC Amp definitely excluded!!)... Blood wpns can roll 30+LL, but I actually prefer Safety wpns (up to 15PDR, 10MDR on a weapon is also pretty extraordinary!)

I do occasionally roll caster amulets and rings looking for items for characters that never actually hit anything and that need mana more than life...

WoRG

Last edited:
Hitpower wpns that spawn a CtC affix that is 'on Attack' or 'on Striking' will change the automod Frost Nova to match...
I don't quite understand...is this good or bad or ugly :D

can the duriel bug produce Naijs staff?
I don't know if many people are running duriel with the right MF for sets...I know I am not...

@d2lover I've never ran Duriel in 1.07, but I believe he only drops up to TC60... Naj's staff is TC66, highest TC that can actually drop in 1.07, but only from hell cows or hell mid-Act5 onward... IF someone figured out how to get Diablo to drop from the proper TC in hell, then he could drop it...

Also, 1.07 Naj's staff has IAS instead of Teleport charges...that changed in 1.08 (and, if related to your other post about staves with Tele charges & FCR, it has rlvl78) :(

@ziambe dunno if its 'good' but it was at least amusing... when it gets changed to 'on attack', you can just hold shift and swing at the air, and pop off Frost Novas :D

WoRG

• Haha
Reactions: D2DC
@WoRG Naj's stick is a grailer for me (surprise =), how would you farm it? Cows, Pindle, etc?

m4ke

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High