• We have moved to the new server! Enjoy a speedier experience!

1.07 cubing vs 1.08?

d2lover

Well-known member
Jun 24, 2020
623
338
63
I have a lot of (not perf) gems (3.4k) in my atma stash, but no char above 86 currently, so I'm not in a hurry.

Just wanted to ask:

is the 6 PGem+Amulett recipe and the chipped ring recipe the same in 1.08, just with better unique odds?
is there any reason to cube in 1.07? (other than having the items IN 1.07)

It would be a logistical nightmare, but as I see it, that would be one of the few ways to get my hands on a 1.08 HLW :O

Also which unique amulett is better 1.07/08 atma's or saracen's?
 

Delsy

New member
Jul 4, 2020
27
18
3
I'll answer your last question.

I prefer Atma's with melee characters. IM overriding Amp is annoying. With ranged characters I use Saracen's.
 

art_vandelay

Well-known member
Mar 16, 2020
352
618
93
First off you can't cube a 1.08 HLW since the maximum ilvl you can get on the craft is 65 but HLW has level 73, see this table by GalaXyHaXz:
Second you can find correct stats for all the jewelry here:

I actually forwarded 2609 gems to 1.08 for cubing, it was a major pain and resulted in 0 SoJs:

The main difference beside the higher chance of cubing something good is that you don't have the MPK bug in 1.07 and by extension you can't get stacked resists either (i.e. something like 30% Fire Res from the ring and +36% from the recipe for a total of 66%)
 
  • Like
Reactions: entwilighter

d2lover

Well-known member
Jun 24, 2020
623
338
63
ah ok,

mmh then I cube only in 1.07, HLW would be the only thing I'd aim for, don't really need resistance SoJ outside of 07.