D2 No Diablo 2 Resurrected ultrawide support even for single player

Disappointing, but not surprising. Not that I actually have an ultrawide screen mind you. Even if gameplay issues weren't a factor, there's probably only something like, less than one percent of the playerbase that has the money to burn on something like that.

Diablo 2 Resurrected ultrawide support it off the menu according to Rod Fergusson.

Check out the full article
Hey I am new to your site but I am returning D2 fan and really stoked on the ressurection so far. Did you test whether ultrawide works or was the article based on whatever release was quoted? I have a 34" monitor with a native 21:9 3440x1440 resolution. Not only does it work it looks amazing and I have a very old gpu (R9 290 4GB) Another possible workaround I dicovered recently has worked well for me and its not well known. AMD video card compant Sapphire has its own hardware monitor suite called TRIXX and it has an option to select a lower resolution but scaled to natiove resolution. TRIXX create a new custom resolution at same 21:9 scale and it has helped with FPS framerates. That isnt a problem here but you should be able to do a manual ultrawide in custom resolutions in the AMD suite. But I know Asus also a new GPU tool I tried but the Sapphire worked great at giving me more ultra wide options. Only hitch is when you apply tweak your game mat hang or crash but after restarting the new custom res was in game settings as a selectable option.

Attachments

• ultrad2r.jpg
    ultrad2r.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Rush
That's only if you zoom in though from the sounds of it. Which means that in practical terms the black bars on the sides would go away, but you'd have lost some ground vertically. If you zoom out again, the black bars would come back.

Just want to make sure there's no misunderstanding on that. It's a good thing, but it's not the full ultrawide support everyone would like.

D2R looks so awesome. I have not preordered, I need to see D2R's final, shipping form before I commit. Like this wide screen design choice. But here is to hoping it turns out the way we we all want it.

On a side note, super thrilled to track down some of the team I remember from the diabloii.net and incgamers days.

D2R looks so awesome. I have not preordered, I need to see D2R's final, shipping form before I commit.
I'm right there with you on that one. I used to get excited about pre-orders and any associated bonuses, and for the most part they were worth it. Unfortunately it seems like the last few years have just been a constant string of letdowns, so I'm really hesitant to do that anymore.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High