D2 Diablo 2 Resurrected Closed Beta Impressions

I liked playing the closed beta last week, even though I didn't have enough time to fully get into it. A trip in memory lane and seeing the muscle memory still exists after not playing Diablo 2 since a long time (switched to other games, including Diablo 3).

As I live in Europe the apparent crash of the European servers was a thing. Luckily the American servers still worked and I knew, from the Diablo 3 launch date issues that that might make the game accessible, though a bit slower.

Most important issues I ran into were performance related:
- rubberbanding (especially when I was back on the European servers)
- screen updates not always as smooth as you would expect from the hardware I use

But also some strange things:
- keybindings are character-specific... Meaning you have to alter the controls every time you create a new character. With the limited bindings in the defaults, that is an issue... But why would they be character specific anyway?
- the help screen is not entirely correct if you altered settings like the 'show item labels'.

And lastly the latest issue:
- cursor is nowhere to be found to click on OK button or close Diablo when battle.net is unavailable (the current situation).

I reported all to Blizzard using the report bug button (apart from the last one, as the button is currently unavailable).

As a side note:
The removal of the TCP/IP option is irritating. Not only for the modded servers, but the fact you don't get constant messages about chat-channels like 'Trade' makes playing the game a lot better. I played the original Diablo 2 from the moment it released, but apart from some short sessions all were off-line, alone or with my wife. We'll see what the consequences of this action will be for the game, but the fact it is communicated AFTER a lot of pre-perchases have been made is not a good thing (tm).

Reactions: Trim and Krueger-HC
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High