Won't You be my Neighbor Game Thread [Day 5]

Might just be me. Hopefully this will go thru. Better copy/pasta just in case i lose this...

This will probably be my last post for tonight as I'm about to turn in. I'm really really tired. If my mental time clock is right, tomorrow is the end of the day (I will double check after this post)? If so, I will try to be around during the early part of the day as I won't be around at the end. I will be at work.

Was that why you offed poor zemaj?

So I quoted this post because this was in reply to Noodle.

Everyone just sleeping the night away. Vulnerable. Easy. Targets.

Maybe Gorny had some sort of idea and Noodle killed him for it?

I'll give you the short answer, I think Gorny is scummy due to ignoring information given to us (similar to logout, they were my top 2 at the beginning of the day, but Gorny is more experienced so normally he wouldn't miss something like this and I think he slipped). Then you tried to cover for him (even if in a "funny" way). Normally if someone is accused of doing something scummy the accused should respond, but you jumped right in there, which leads me to believe you are trying to help him out, but why would you do that if you were town and didn't know if Gorny was scum or not?

Gorny is also focused solely on Noodle. Why? Probably because Noodle is an easy target for town to lynch if he is not mafia due to his general unhelpfulness. He hasn't looked at a single other player which is something an experienced player would not do. He's going for the easy targets.

This is Pyro yesterday suspecting Gorny. So.... Pyro and Noodle team? Maybe? One or the other?

Well, I was highly suspect of Gorny, but once again I am proven wrong.

I'm with Noodle on the prospect of Huckit being (one of) our potential scum. Gorny was one of my neighbors and while he was not overly talkative he did propose to me that he was going to post in the game thread that he was going to pursue a Noodle or Huckit lynch yesterday although I'm sure he did this for reaction purposes. He did seem to put pressure on Noodle out of the gate even if it was pretty light, so at least there is that.

Logout, I have no idea where you are going with this child thing, but I have no idea what you are even remotely referring to, unless you are secretly a kidnapper.

This is Pyro today. While he admits he was wrong on suspecting Gorny, it doesn't quite clear him. You can still be scum and be like, "Oh, my bad."

Kidnapper sounds awfully scummy, even if Log said he was not one. Do you think there is a kidnapper out there?

Huckit is in my town camp based on our neighbor chat. I supplied something juicy, and I lived through the night. As I suspect we are rapidly approaching a town loss, I'm going to come straight out with this in the hopes to rally the town together.

Anyone care to claim to be a certain type of child? I believe we can verify townies with a specific key word, but obviously stating it out right would blow it open for false claims. I have yet to have a valid target for my night action, but I'm feeling like we might be at LYLO.

If anyone can vaguely hint at this keyword, we can at least get a good idea who is not scum.

How are you so sure about this child claim? I'm not a kid but I can defintely tell you I'm not scum either.

Did you tell Gorny your secret too or just Huck? @logoutzero and @Pyrotechnician , do y'all think we should carry out Gorny's plan and aim for a Noodle lynch today?
So with that, Pryo telling us that Gorny had a read on Noodle is helpful, but that could a lie to deter usfrom Pryo, and Pyro's aggressiveness for a lynch two days in a row based on little information seems suspect. @Leopold Stotch needs to speak up more, as she gave us a list this morning, but then didn't actually give her top suspects? Kinda scummy after a near silent day?

Speaking of which, I'm armed with a flamethrower, so feel free to come at me!

Ya got me! 🤓 No, I meant to reply but my kid was all over the place and then I took a much needed nap. Sorry, guys. :( Also doesn't help that our house is halfway baby-proofed? 🙃

High on my suspect list is Noodle and Pyro. Their actions yesterday and with Gorny dead this morning.... My gut is telling me something is off with one of these two or maybe both. I'm highly suspcious of both. Log would be next, espeially with the child thing but it could be just some role sniffing out. Huck keeps posting about food and is making me hungry, lol! But, like usual, I can't really get a read on him. Noodle is being Noodle and it's honestly a 50/50. It's his playstyle no matter what role he is.

@HuckIt , do you think it was a good idea to call out your item? Do you think we all should?

@Noodle, what are your thoughts for today?

@everyone, feel free to answer any questions that I posed to other players. Any ideas help.

With that, I'm going to go to sleep. See y'all in a few hours. <3

@HuckIt , do you think it was a good idea to call out your item? Do you think we all should?
Yes, as a member of the WW2 collectors club of our neighborhood, I am happy to share that I have a flame thrower, and that theB24 ball turret installed on Log’s roof is 100% functional and manned all night... the real reason he was looking for a child, as they fit much better.

So Leo, I’ve showed you mine, what’s yours?? Seems like it only benefits Mafia to know what items we have....

I'm guessing there's a town coroner, can only get role information at night time of a dead person, just like real life.

Hm, yes, there is probably some kind of coroner...but what would ever make you think to say that dear noodle? Would you like to give us your report?

I’m guess that’s why my pizza was never delivered. And I really wanted those cannolis :(

I likewise feel very confident about Log being town, so in my book that leaves Pyro, Noodle and Leo. @pyro If you have some ideas of why you're pointing at me, I'm all ears, but I imagine we have several investigative roles, so it'd be useful to hear what we've learned rather than the vague accusations.

I've shared my information with Log so he can do with it what he may. Hopefully one of you understands Log, or has checked me out so you don't think we're mafia cahoots. And if you're unsure, well, this would be a pretty weak plan, I assume if we were mafia we'd be claiming more useful roles and targeting someone for a lynch.

@Noodle, I'm obviously too thick to understand what you're getting at with the Coroner role and are alluding to about what Gorny's role was, but how does that help us today?

There must be multiple scum, so even if you want me consider me your 1st target, i'm obviously more interested in your 2nd target and ready for a lynch.

I guess the last question is, must we lynch? I don't think we want to face a 2v2 situation if I can do maths, on the other hand, it seems like there could be odds of a mafia failing a night kill, so I assume the game goes til the bitter end?

So with that, Pryo telling us that Gorny had a read on Noodle is helpful, but that could a lie to deter usfrom Pryo, and Pyro's aggressiveness for a lynch two days in a row based on little information seems suspect. @Leopold Stotch needs to speak up more, as she gave us a list this morning, but then didn't actually give her top suspects? Kinda scummy after a near silent day?

Speaking of which, I'm armed with a flamethrower, so feel free to come at me!

If you are armed with a flamethrower that must mean I'm immune. :ROFLMAO: If you are actually claiming what sort of weapon you have I'd say that's a poor choice. If I had to take a guess we are in a bad situation, if we mislynch today and there are two, then it would go into a (likely) 2v2 scenario, in which case the weapons and failing night kill would be the only thing that could possibly save the town.

If noodle is claiming coroner, that means he is able to a. provide information, and b. possibly verify his role which could change how we perceive Noodle. Coroner is typically a town role because mafia normally get night kill flips after the kill is done regardless of if there is a coroner, so a mafia coroner doesn't make a whole ton of sense. That being said, D2DC did say this was going to be a non-standard game, and I don't know if that extends outside of just the weapon system.

This sharing of information between the two of you, while it sounds nice and cozy that you both suspect eachother as town doesn't really verify anything, everything said so far is very vague.

Not a kidnapper, but it seems you are not the type of player I could target. Gorny was my neighbor as well, and our chat sounds similar to yours. He absolutely had Noodle in his sights.

Noodle has nothing to say about the child claim thing, and Huckit has already claimed to me in our chat. For me, it comes down to two of Pyro, Noodle, or Leo. I'm leaning heavy towards Noodle so far.

So, you aren't a kidnapper, and you claim to be town, does that make you child protective services?

I guess there doesn't HAVE to be more than 1 mafia. The inspiration for this game lists 1/4, we had more than 5 at the start, so it makes sense to bolster both sides in my eyes.

There doesn't have to be, but I think we have to assume the worst. The way to rebalance a game when it exceeds the standard setup is to rebalance it with powers, or rebalance it with numbers, with the way this game is setup I would have to take the gamble that it was rebalanced with numbers for the mafia and then powers for the town.

if there is only one scum it almost invalidates the inclusion of the weapon system. The only case where the scum could win with only 1 on their team is if they lynch the person (or persons) that they cannot kill at night. That seems like an really uphill battle if its just one scum, and I can't imagine setting up a game with the inclusion of the weapon system balancing around 1 mafia.

Babysitter. Modified doc. I can protect 1 innocent child from 1 kill at night, but if I am killed, we both die. It sounds like there are none of them left alive, either that, or nobody was willing to claim it as such.

I believe Huckit to be town because, when I role claimed doc in our chat, I survived the night. Feels like, if we don't lynch today, and mafia NK one of us, we're on our last leg. If we mis-lynch, we lose. I really think we need to lynch someone, and my vote will not go to Huckit, period.

Might just be me. Hopefully this will go thru. Better copy/pasta just in case i lose this...

This will probably be my last post for tonight as I'm about to turn in. I'm really really tired. If my mental time clock is right, tomorrow is the end of the day (I will double check after this post)? If so, I will try to be around during the early part of the day as I won't be around at the end. I will be at work.

So I quoted this post because this was in reply to Noodle.

Maybe Gorny had some sort of idea and Noodle killed him for it?

This is Pyro yesterday suspecting Gorny. So.... Pyro and Noodle team? Maybe? One or the other?

This is Pyro today. While he admits he was wrong on suspecting Gorny, it doesn't quite clear him. You can still be scum and be like, "Oh, my bad."

Kidnapper sounds awfully scummy, even if Log said he was not one. Do you think there is a kidnapper out there?

How are you so sure about this child claim? I'm not a kid but I can defintely tell you I'm not scum either.

Did you tell Gorny your secret too or just Huck? @logoutzero and @Pyrotechnician , do y'all think we should carry out Gorny's plan and aim for a Noodle lynch today?

Ya got me! 🤓 No, I meant to reply but my kid was all over the place and then I took a much needed nap. Sorry, guys. :( Also doesn't help that our house is halfway baby-proofed? 🙃

High on my suspect list is Noodle and Pyro. Their actions yesterday and with Gorny dead this morning.... My gut is telling me something is off with one of these two or maybe both. I'm highly suspcious of both. Log would be next, espeially with the child thing but it could be just some role sniffing out. Huck keeps posting about food and is making me hungry, lol! But, like usual, I can't really get a read on him. Noodle is being Noodle and it's honestly a 50/50. It's his playstyle no matter what role he is.

@Noodle, what are your thoughts for today?

@everyone, feel free to answer any questions that I posed to other players. Any ideas help.

With that, I'm going to go to sleep. See y'all in a few hours. <3

Going to answer this in sections...

I think Gorny was pursuing Noodle because he's typically a liability. When he proposed to me that he was going to go after either Noodle or Huckit in the neighbor chat I thought he was trying to entice me into voting with him on easy targets or was simply trying to get a read on me. I have no reason to believe Gorny had any other reason to vote for Noodle outside of normal suspicion of Noodle.

Yes, admitting I was wrong doesn't really say much, if you still think I'm untrustworthy then fine. I said kidnapper because A. It was funny to make a joke, and B. what kind of role is looking for a child, the scummy version would obviously be a kidnapper, the "townie" version would be something like CPS. Either way the role sounds like a bunch of make believe.

I'm least suspect of Noodle. I have my reasons (see, its my turn to be vague). The rest of you I'd say are scum at best. Major scum otherwise.

Asked of Huckit, but should we claim our items, not a chance in hell.

Asked of Noodle, thoughts of the day, see above, and further below.

If there are two scum then we would need all 3 remaining town players to agree on the right person to lynch, sounds impossible unless the other scum feels its in their best scum interest to run the bus over their scum buddy.

Babysitter. Modified doc. I can protect 1 innocent child from 1 kill at night, but if I am killed, we both die. It sounds like there are none of them left alive, either that, or nobody was willing to claim it as such.

I believe Huckit to be town because, when I role claimed doc in our chat, I survived the night. Feels like, if we don't lynch today, and mafia NK one of us, we're on our last leg. If we mis-lynch, we lose. I really think we need to lynch someone, and my vote will not go to Huckit, period.

Offhand this sounds like the worst role in the history of ever. I'll need to look up what the heck this role would even actually do?

Ok, I've read the role description on the mafiawiki thing, sounds like it could have its uses as its standard version, but is it seriously limited to just protecting the "innocent child"? Is that just flavor for this game or are you really only able to protect one specific person in the game?

Seems like faulty reasoning, but I'll play along.

When did you claim doc in the chat?
Did you disclose further details in the chat other than just claiming standard doc?
Did huckit ask you any follow up questions?

I was told valid targets would be "mod confirmed" and that has yet to happen. I also asked if I could blindly target, to which the answer was no.

When did you claim doc in the chat?
Did you disclose further details in the chat other than just claiming standard doc?
Did huckit ask you any follow up questions?
I claimed doc shortly after I made an ass of myself missing the "he was town" bit.

I did not disclose full details in the chat, I stated basically "look, I know it looks bad that I missed Zemaj's town flip. I know it looks bad, even incriminating. Gonna gamble, I'm a modified doc role, I can only protect innocent children."

Hickit did not ask follow up questions, but did volunteer that my protection would not work on him, and advised not to waste it on him.

Logout, I think you really need to work on your fake role claims, but ok, lets keep playing along.

You say you believe Huckit in that he claims not to be an "innocent child" and therefore he must be town because you didn't die after your claim. You didn't die, after claiming a limited protection doc role, so huckit must be town.

You also say that valid targets will be mod confirmed. Ok, great. You then go on to say that you suspect all three of Noodle, Leo, and myself. This would insinuate that each of your nightly targets would now have to be deceased if we are all still suspects. That would mean you got the unlucky draw of "babysitting" Zemaj on N1 and then Gorny on N2, is my assumption correct?

Ok, so I know we’re all building narratives to convince everyone we’re each town to rightly or wrongly not get lynched. With the neighbor chat and assumed mafia chat, we know Noodle and Pyro are chatting and myself and Log. We’ve got two blocs, great, seems like pyro trusts noodle and I trust log. @Leopold Stotch, you’re going to need to step in at some point with your suspect list if we really think we need a lynch tonight.

Right now it feels Pyro is working hard to distract us from the repeated Qs to Noodle which feels more mafia protecting mafia than neighbor protecting neighbor. I admit he’s doing a good job sewing doubt, which then sets up so noodle can last minute come screaming in with a role claim and ‘proof’ against one of us, override any reservations a townie may have, then lynch and night kill to end the game.

You’d make me feel a lot better @Noodle if you shared a bit more, and postulated a bit less.

@Pyrotechnician No, not exactly. I have not been able to protect anyone so far, as D2DC told me I could not just pick a target to protect, he, or an event during the game, would be plain and obvious as to which players were innocent children. He made it a point to inform me that I could not just pick a player, and save them if they happened to be an innocent child. Mod will confirm which players are, and THEN I could choose to save them, or not.

As to your reasoning as to why I believe Huckit to be town, yes, that's how I figure it.

And I do not suspect all three of Noodle, Leo, and Pyro, but based on me being town, and believing Huckit is, that leaves 3 remaining players, of which I feel strongly 2 are scum.

To re-iterate, I have not been able to select a target to babysit, because neither game nor mod have informed me of any player being an innocent child. I can't just say "Babysit Pyro" and hope you are, in fact, an innocent child. That has been made painfully obvious to me.

I am going to work now. I will not be back before EoD. I'll log in from my phone in ~5 hours at lunch, and at least vote.

Yes, as a member of the WW2 collectors club of our neighborhood, I am happy to share that I have a flame thrower, and that theB24 ball turret installed on Log’s roof is 100% functional and manned all night... the real reason he was looking for a child, as they fit much better.

So Leo, I’ve showed you mine, what’s yours?? Seems like it only benefits Mafia to know what items we have....

Idk if it's for flavor or what, but this is the second or third time I've seen WW2 mentioned lol!

Exactly and my item? Well, compared to yours it's very weak which makes me vulnerable. I'm not sure if I want to claim what I have yet.
If you are armed with a flamethrower that must mean I'm immune. :ROFLMAO:

Interesting.

If noodle is claiming coroner, that means he is able to a. provide information, and b. possibly verify his role which could change how we perceive Noodle. Coroner is typically a town role because mafia normally get night kill flips after the kill is done regardless of if there is a coroner, so a mafia coroner doesn't make a whole ton of sense. That being said, D2DC did say this was going to be a non-standard game, and I don't know if that extends outside of just the weapon system.

I imagine that there are not any vanilla townies in this game like we've had the last couple of games. If we do have two mafia, I imagine that every townie is a power role with a weapon to balance out things. Now, apparently, some of us (ahem Huck ahem) have better weapons that others, but it's probably all about balance of power.
This sharing of information between the two of you, while it sounds nice and cozy that you both suspect eachother as town doesn't really verify anything, everything said so far is very vague.

I can agree to this.

Ok, yeah, I'm just going to have to straight up call bullshit on this whole thing. There is a reason I trust Noodle and its not because of neighbor chat, I'm actually not a neighbor with noodle, my other neighbor is Leo.

Your role claim is just straight up too unbelievable, its a role that you claim is able to protect an innocent child, but you can't target anyone to figure out if they are an innocent child, and then you have to choose to save them or not, it even has the added downside of possibly both people dying. You say it has to be mod confirmed who you can choose, but we are already in day 3, and likely in LYLO territory, but you still haven't been able to actually use your supposed role? Ok....sure. Real take, Huckit has been taking heat the past few days, you guys come up with a flimsy story and role claim in an attempt to build a reason to not vote for eachother and hopefully secure the win here.

Here's the thing, I'm a role cop, I can't figure out what alignment someone is, but I can figure out what they are. Based on their role I can draw certain conclusions about people.

Night 1 I investigated Noodle.
Night 2 I investigated Gorny.

Why Noodle night one? Because the guy never role claims, and if hes not scum, hes never night killed. I needed to figure out if I could essentially ignore the 50/50 of noodle being scum or not. Night 2 I chose Gorny because he was one of my neighbors, and if I could figure out what he was, then I could possibly determine if I could trust him to have an open conversation with him. That didn't work out, but after receiving his role, his posts about pizza made way more sense (I connected the dots but connected the dots too late, since Gorny was offed by you friendly people).

Noodle, if its not blatantly obvious by now, pretty much said who he was at the opening of the day. Whether or not he is town or not I can't say, but having a mafia coroner makes little to no sense. It would be nice if he would kick in and I was waiting for him to say at least something more but whatever.

Gorny was something like you are claiming to be, but actually useful. He was able to target a person each night and block all actions performed against that person. I assume this protected whoever he targeted, but would leave himself wide open, which is why he turned up dead today. His "pizza" claims I believe were cover/breadcrumbing his abilities/actions. If I had to take a guess, way back in the beginning of day 2 when he said he was checking in on Leo I'd have to take a guess that Night 1 that's who he used his ability on. If I had to take another guess, Noodle probably received information similar to me in regards to the deceased roles (also notice how I left out the actual name of the role). The only thing I don't know is what zemaj was.

Ok, so I know we’re all building narratives to convince everyone we’re each town to rightly or wrongly not get lynched. With the neighbor chat and assumed mafia chat, we know Noodle and Pyro are chatting and myself and Log. We’ve got two blocs, great, seems like pyro trusts noodle and I trust log. @Leopold Stotch, you’re going to need to step in at some point with your suspect list if we really think we need a lynch tonight.

Right now it feels Pyro is working hard to distract us from the repeated Qs to Noodle which feels more mafia protecting mafia than neighbor protecting neighbor. I admit he’s doing a good job sewing doubt, which then sets up so noodle can last minute come screaming in with a role claim and ‘proof’ against one of us, override any reservations a townie may have, then lynch and night kill to end the game.

You’d make me feel a lot better @Noodle if you shared a bit more, and postulated a bit less.

Lol, I thought I did? I said Pyro and Noodle were my top two, even if Noodle is 50/50 because it's his playstyle no matter what role he is, then Log, then you. I'm down lynching either Pyro or Noodle.

I guess since we're sharing neighbors, Noodle is one of my neighbors and Pyro is the other. Pyro and I have just been asking what kind of neighbors we are (just FYI, I'm a trashy drunk and nosy neighbor) and I haven't really spoken much to Noodle.

Innocent child? Is it possible to have a non-innocent child? And you have no idea who the child could be? Sounds almost like a blind lover role (one dies, the other dies too) but am I wrong? I lost the post where you went into details about your role. To me, it seems complicated. Think I'll re-read it again to get clarity because I have no idea how your role works.

Going to answer this in sections...

I think Gorny was pursuing Noodle because he's typically a liability. When he proposed to me that he was going to go after either Noodle or Huckit in the neighbor chat I thought he was trying to entice me into voting with him on easy targets or was simply trying to get a read on me. I have no reason to believe Gorny had any other reason to vote for Noodle outside of normal suspicion of Noodle.

Yes, admitting I was wrong doesn't really say much, if you still think I'm untrustworthy then fine. I said kidnapper because A. It was funny to make a joke, and B. what kind of role is looking for a child, the scummy version would obviously be a kidnapper, the "townie" version would be something like CPS. Either way the role sounds like a bunch of make believe.

Are you down with a Noodle lynch today?

It was an amusing joke. ^^

The only real option I see at this point is to vote for logout and his ridiculous claim. I still fully believe that Huckit is scumtastic and they took a gamble trying to make a voting block, but the role claim by logout is just...awful.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High