MFO Summer 2020 Signups and Running Thread

Best I could do maareek :D.
Pretty good, though don't forget the value of giving them the old "only certain items could even improve my score now."

Nobody knows whether, say, a Dark Adherent would improve your score or whether it would take that fifth Tyrael's, but you get the complaint equity of showing your path ahead is tough and they should feel bad for you while letting them think you might be absolutely crushing them.

Reactions: PhineasB and Luhkoh
Just checking in, sitting at 20.5 hours of Baal runs. I will complain that I've been waiting for a bit for a new item to show up in my top 5. I imagine it's just around the corner. Oh, and it looks like 10 hour workdays for the entirety of the MFO. At least the weekends are free.

Reactions: PhineasB and Luhkoh
Nagi doesn't play MFO unless he does 80+ hours. Give up now everyone, there is no hope to compete!
I thought it was froz that was gonna crush everybody with 100+ hours? If I didn't know better I'd think this was an example of grip, trolling, what a surprise...

@ResTTe and @Friiser: good, good, the spirit of grip lives within you both!

Guess it's time to get serious ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I dunno, remember the wisdom of the frozprince, "when you tryhard, you failhard." Maybe nagisa and froz aren't trying at all!

I dunno, remember the wisdom of the frozprince, "when you tryhard, you failhard." Maybe nagisa and froz aren't trying at all!
Nagi is most certainly tryharding and not failharding for some reason, but for me, when I didn't tryhard improvements were dropping left right and center. Then when I wanted to overtake nagi and started tyrharding it's just demotivational crap that drops. Obviously I can't tryhard in that state so I expect some upgrades on last update.

Nagi is most certainly tryharding and not failharding for some reason, but for me, when I didn't tryhard improvements were dropping left right and center. Then when I wanted to overtake nagi and started tyrharding it's just demotivational crap that drops. Obviously I can't tryhard in that state so I expect some upgrades on last update.
That just made no sense at all...

Reactions: skiffcz
Hi All! An early reminder to please send the 7-day when you finish running on Thursday (tomorrow for me). Send the PM to me for Pindle+ and A85 and @Albatross for Baal. Speaking of Baal . . .

Drops for qualifiers haven't been great over this last stretch, but I picked up my best non-qualifier for MFO:
Screenshot025.jpg
:) Now that milestone is reached, I will probably deck out my high-80s javazon (or dust off my 99 javazon) to crush all hope for Baal competitors. But there's another small project I want to finish up before MFO is over, so I'll likely split time between the two . . . and only partially crush hope for the others ;)

(waiting on @maareek rating on trash talk level :p)

That just made no sense at all...
Aaaah, the intimate moment just before passing out, after 80+hrs of doing the same movements over and over hundreads of times, with just few hours of sleep ... its like a thin layer of water covering all your senses. Dont worry froz, it going to be over soon :D

Reactions: Luhkoh
This, ladies and gentlemen, this is the complaining that wins MFOs, shown off by a true master. Heed these words and learn! Look at how the frozprince points out how impossibly oppressive the opposition is, then how much effort he has put in to no avail. We feel for the poor coat as we, too, know what it is to struggle against a seemingly unstoppable foe. But pay attention, dear friends, to the last line, where even in this position of concern and disappointment, this god of MFO ages past reminds us his powers are not to be forgotten and makes a scary prediciton of the future. Flawless execution, ya absolutely love to see it! A solid 4/10, the highest score known to frozdom!

(waiting on @maareek rating on trash talk level :p)
"Oh, btw, I'm accidentally and incidentally crushing all you tryhards while just going about my normal, so you guys just think about that while I'm hitting all these goals and grabbing all these qualifiers."

Yeah, I'd say that counts as some high quality trash talk, well done!

Reactions: Luhkoh and maxicek
No need to wait for results. Real winner of MFO is maareek. Florida man trolls both Discord and forums with pit of in-jokes so deep you can hear screams of anguish from tunnels of hell rest of us put ourselves in joining this.

Last edited:
Please Diablo listen to my prayers and see my devotion in making you the real final one again.
Please Diablo listen to my prayers and see my devotion in making you the real final one again.

Just sent in the update on the score and I'm like 99.9% sure I extended my lead over ya'll in the PINDLE+ category. So have fun trying to catch up. If you ain't first, your LAST! -RICKY BOBBY FTW- WOO!

Approximately 1,350 runs in not including the hork...so add maybe 50% more and make it a total around 2k runs. I am beyond stoked about my qualifiers (19 in total, but only 5 count ;) I got screenshots of all of them so don't worry)

@PhineasB gratz on the 98!

Reactions: LiquidClear
No need to wait for results. Real winner of MFO is maareek. Florida man trolls both Discord and forums with pit of in-jokes so deep you can hear screams of anguish from tunnels of hell rest of us put ourselves in joining this.
I accept this victory partly to honor the tradition of the MFO, but mostly because I absolutely deserve it. I will celebrate this win as any sorceress playing champion should: with lots and lots of ketchup.

This batch has been completely fruitless for me. It's hard being motivated when all you get is repeat of your #5 qualifier and it's getting to me. Weekend will be exceptionally busy so chances of moving up in scoring is pretty much none. I know there is tradition of complaining on forums which results in good drops so I will complain a bit. Damn game gimme Tyrael's cosplay suit so I can try to win this thing!!!111

Anyway results sent, very little improvement but let's see how it goes. Expecting to be #4 on scoring list.

I got frustrated with any improvement in running getting ruined by long S&E with Berserker, so I mixed it up with AT Blizzy here and there. No S&E lag whatsoever for AT runs, and I wanted to give the (IMO superior) 180 MF sword setup a proper shot anyway. Probably will switch back and forth between Berserker and Blizzy for the next couple of days. I seem to always be too busy to run when MFO comes around, still only at around 350 runs. Should find the time to play a bit more this weekend though.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High