Question Newbie with questions about single player vs. multiplayer

NeveroddoreveN

Nov 26, 2022
Hey guys! I am new here and have some questions about gameplay in Diablo II: Resurrected. I also am quite new to the game, but am having a great time!!! That said, I have a sorceress classed character made in offline mode, seeing as how I have little interest in online/multiplayer gaming. The last time I did multiplayer was with Neverwinter Nights many, many years ago. But that game monopolized my free time and was ultimately detrimental to my schedule.

So, I am trying to decide if I should continue with my offline character or play in a private game, online. I really enjoy playing single player, its been fun for Diablo II since I first bought it for my PS5. There have been people on other forums that have promoted both offline and online gaming. I am looking to decide if I should scrap my current character and join online, or continue with offline gameplay. Honestly, I feel that, since I don't really enjoy playing multiplayer, why play on the Diablo II server? I have a short list of other reasons promoting offline, but I don't want to violate my terms of service. As for online, there are server crashes, extensive lag, players who enjoy killing other players characters or robbing them of loot, that sort of thing, which I want no part of.

Anyway, if you guys have any words of wisdom for my situation, I would be more than happy to hear about it! I appreciate all of your help!! Thanks!!

Welcome, you're found a pretty good community.

If you're wanting to play in closed groups online, this is the place for people to play with. :)

I haven't played in years, just welcoming you to our forum. I might be doing D4. Who knows.

Enjoy your stay and all that crap! )standard greeting on these forums going back to 2003)

Do watch your wallet here :)

Thanks, Gorny, for your warm welcome!! I am excited to be part of this community. As per your comment, I do not intend to play online with small groups. I am more of a solo gamer, I do not fancy playing games with other people. This is why I am so careful with my situation, I am just not sure if I should play offline or an online solo/private game. I have little interest in trading, I just want to play the game and have fun with it!!

+1 cool points for the palindrome.

Hey newbie!

I am more of a solo gamer, I do not fancy playing games with other people.
Me too. Actually, I play games to get away from people most of the time. :p

This is why I am so careful with my situation, I am just not sure if I should play offline or an online solo/private game. I have little interest in trading, I just want to play the game and have fun with it!!

Although you'll miss out on a few battle.net exclusive baubles (which aren't likely to stay exclusive forever), Single Player not only affords you the ability to play offline but also allows you to hoard treasure without having to worry about storage restrictions (thanks to the GoMule mod, found here). Trading with others who play Single Player is also still possible - you may not be interested in that right now, but high runes and crafting materials may tempt you down the road as you explore new character builds and higher difficulties.

You can learn more about our (awesome) single player community here. If you choose to dive in, there are two pinned threads you'll want to check out ASAP:

Single Player Rules (D2R Edition)
SPF Community & Links

Welcome to the forum and have fun!

Reactions: maxicek
Thanks for your post and your advice. My biggest decision was if I should play single player offline or online. I have a level 13 sorceress in offline mode, so I kinda went with that. I was told that online gaming has a number of flaws, like lag, desync from time to time, people stealing prime loot, and the map changes, to name a few. I am opting to play my character offline, I would hate to have to start her over again after so much time went into her. What do you guys think?

Kicks shin
Swaps wallet with Gorny’s

Are you only playing on ps5?
Online affords more chances for dclone and the new sunder charms. Both end game stuff. Not needed.
Offline affords static maps, easier to find good map to rerun bosses/areas, no lag, no pk.

If you are playing solo and only ps5 my vote would be stay single player offline. If you have ps5 and another console/pc and would like to continue that character on any platform my vote is online private games (without the ability for friends to join in).

Offline pc allows you infinite hoarding of items which is the tits.

Kicks shin
Swaps wallet with Gorny’s

Are you only playing on ps5?
Online affords more chances for dclone and the new sunder charms. Both end game stuff. Not needed.
Offline affords static maps, easier to find good map to rerun bosses/areas, no lag, no pk.

If you are playing solo and only ps5 my vote would be stay single player offline. If you have ps5 and another console/pc and would like to continue that character on any platform my vote is online private games (without the ability for friends to join in).

Offline pc allows you infinite hoarding of items which is the tits.
I switched my walled for @D2DC When he wasn't looking.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High