What's on your Patch 2.5 Wish List?

NorthDakota

Aug 10, 2012
With the new ladder season presumably on the horizon, some folks are speculating on whether there will be a new content patch and what it will contain (be it patch 2.4.4 or 2.5, or whatever you think).

So what's on your patch 2.5 wish list, if anything? Maybe it's still in vogue to want D2R to stay true to LoD, but I'm not one of those folks, so here's a few of mine:

1. Move hotkey instead made into a move "skill" like in popular D2LoD mods
2. More aggressive revamping of sets/uniques
3. Loot filter

Your turn!

Reactions: Foghorn Leghorn
  • A grail in game, call it Horadric armory or tome or whatever.
  • would also like a book of Cube recipes, so i dont have to open the wiki to figure out what I need to socket items, upgrade, craft etc.
  • expand crafting:
    • open all items for cube socketing (mainly superior items, but would not mind adding magic, rare and sets to that recipe), same rules apply as before (i.e. Larzuk)
    • add option to one of the blacksmith to reforge 2 white item into a new white of the same type with a chance of upgrade to superior. i like collecting white items (especially the rare ones), but there is no real use to them.
  • could also add a recipe to upgrade white item to magic.
  • nerf some of the overpowered runewords (looking at you Spirit, Stealth, Leaf, Grief, Enigma and to an extent Rhyme) and buff some of the mid/early uniques
    • increase the %ED on normal uniques, so it makes sense to upgrade them, or add bonus stats when upgrading (these could be random from an affix pool, much like orbs of corruption/Vaal orbs from PoD or PoE, or just roll 1-2 magic/rare affixes when unique is upgraded, or just add % enhanced Def/Dam or flat damage). Most set weapons have awful or no %ED, which makes them basically useless, even when upgraded.
  • add unique versions for item types that don't have uniques. e.g. crystal sword, normal char exclusives like orbs etc, and most of the throwing weapons don't have uniques and it would be nice to have one for every type.
  • rework skills with charges.
    • I think you can triple the charges from attack skills or even remove them entirely, leave charges on curses, teleport etc, but for stuff like zeal or magic arrow, I think you can just change them to 0skills. This would give magic/rares a place in funky builds and make these affixes not dead rolls entirely
    • make it so +skills from items and points in synergies increase the damage of skills from charges.
  • rework some of the affixes effects
    • + light radius increases item pick up radius, or make it so you can't see items names past you light radius (when pressing alt)
    • reduce curse duration increases shrine duraction, by the same amount, e.g. 25% RCD increases shrine duration by 25%

• Revert LoD changes to Classic.
    • Basically restore Classic to either pre-Synergies era or to Classic 1.06 and go from there. Current classic feels like gimped LoD without all the OP stuff, but all the restriction that were introduced because of all the OP stuff (Immunes, monster life etc).
    • Leave the stash size, but add a shared stash tab, because I hate muling.

Overall, I dont want any new acts or story content, unless it adds stuff to Act 4. Additional optional challenges are fine, but these should be solo-able, like Ubers or some kind of mapping system or horde mode (NO endless scaling, i dont want rifts), just steal one of the better league mechanics from PoE and do a version of it in D2.
  • E.g. Super-Uniques or Champion bosses drop organs with certain affixes and when combined they open a portal to a map or dungeon with the affixes from the organs
    • example affixes: -50 all res for character, + life for all monsters, + attack speed for all monsters, increased gold from monsters, etc.

prob never gonna happen, unfortunately. But I hope that someone mods D2L with the D2R changes. most of the QoL stuff is already in other mods and the balance changes should be very doable and would make you PvPers happy. Additionally it adds those versions to time travellers and with reduced load times.

Very good suggestions so far. I really like what they did so far (new merc type, new runewords, new bases for runewords, etc.), so maybe there is a chance to see other changes too.

I would like to see:

- Remove all/some item types restrictions from crafting, especially weapons.

- Allow for 1.07 iPDR values

- Rework automods for crafting so crafts will be viable end-game option (maybe even make it the same for every item in its' category), for example:
* Blood : 10-15% OW or LL / 5% ctc Life Tap / +25-50 life replenish
* Safety : knockback / high iPDR or %DR / high hit recovery / 10-25 @al / high ED / improved blocking
* Power : 10-15% CB / 250-500 elemental & magic damage / 200+ %ED / ITD or visionary mod
* Caster : 10-20% fcr / 50+ mana / 25-50 mana replenish / 10-25% increase mana / 10-20 MPK

- Add an axe option for act5 mercs (like npc barbs)

- Add BO aura for act5 mercs instead of one of the skills they have atm

EDIT: another thing I would like to see - but probably will never happen - an infusion system for magical items similar to one I saw in Anima game

Last edited:
Man I really hope they don’t start nerfing items and more skills. Would there be any way to stay in an older patch? I think mine just updated automatically on the last patch, unlike back in the day when you had to download and install updates. :(

My article last week was pretty much a wish list. A few other items have been hit in this thread, but I love the in-game grailer idea. That would be fantastic since POE has it.
@BBS_Agonistes Nope, and unless you can fool it by disconnecting and changing the date when you play, I don't think there will be a way to prevent it from ever happening since it requires the login after 30 days I believe.

• Sad
Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
What I mainly hope to see in 2.5 is:

1. A currency stash tab (gems/runes/keys mainly, wouldn't mind essences/tokens too)

2. Loot filter (or even just toggleable/customizable loot display prioritization, like uniques on top, then sets, then runes, junk white items on the bottom, etc.)

3. Set/unique rebalancing, especially late game sets and uniques but lots of early/midgame stuff could use tweaks too.

4. Increased character slots on Bnet (the current limit of 20 is a joke)

Speaking of which, there was a little news drop regarding the PTR today from PezRadar. See these tweets:

I was hoping for PTR news this week but it seems we'll have to be patient a bit longer.

Regarding earlier comments here, yes TCP/IP reimplementation would be a dream come true but I doubt we'll ever see it unfortunately after what happened with the Tech Alpha. :( Same with the 30 day verification, Blizz wants this game locked down with DRM and that's doubtful to ever change either.

1. Remove the ethereal restriction from crafted items. Crafting ethereal blood/hit power weapons would be great.
  2. Allow crafted items to be cube upgraded (with the rare recipe or a new one). You can only find so many ethereal berserker axes :).
  3. Loosen the restriction on item types for crafts, at least for the weapons.

I’d like to see some more tweaks to the Assassin’s Blade trap skills. What they did in 2.4 is a nice start, but I want more improvements.

I guess most of my wishes are visual

Legacy interface: the interface looks like it was rushed to be honest. What used to have a gothic/demonic feeling is now just matte black bars

Character select screen: it might seem overly picky, but i dont need to see what my non-customisable character is wearing. The d2 font looked so good on the old interface; it really made it feel more medieval. The resurrected interface is just a port of the d3/wow character selection screen. I'd rather see something totally new than a recycled concept from later releases

Character movement: A big one for me...the deceleration of character movement seems too artificial, especially since we were used to instant deceleration in legacy. The animation speed of a character stopping is always the same...while it could be argued that the deceleration is meant to add realism, making it always the same animation length actually makes it feel less realistic and more rushed. The new movement seems to lack the attention to detail that the original game had when such realism was so limited that the creators had to look elsewhere to add the 'totally cool, but not necessary' fine tuning. If I had to guess, id say that resurrected implements some aspects of movement from diablo 3. This is diablo 2, and i dont want to be reminded of diablo 3 even one second while playing it

Graphics: It seems like this is what sells remasters nowadays, but I would've been happy with just the bug fixes and tweaking up to and including 2.5 at release and higher resolutions. I wonder if it wouldve been feasible to release the artwork slowly with the seasonal patches and focus on the bug fixes, ladder and skill/content tweaking for the release...none of us played diablo 2 legacy for 12+ months (or years) straight because the artwork was so great, we did so because it was/is a fine-tuned masterpiece. New artwork is a temporary seller, well thought-out, balanced design and content is what keeps people playing for years and years

I dont know much about art design, but I guess increasing the resolution basically forced them to come up with higher pixel artwork too...? I just wish we could have the benefits of resurrected with the old graphics and the legacy loading times

Last edited:
The full potion bar to be right clickable. ATM bottom 1/4 doesn’t click.

Quick skills to work smoother. Currently there can be a delay when switching skills. As we know, you can hold right click down and constantly swap skills.

Better item show distribution. Unknown if able or if filter would solve.

Tcpip

Reactions: snickersnack
Quick skills to work smoother. Currently there can be a delay when switching skills. As we know, you can hold right click down and constantly swap skills
I would like this to work as well. quick cast is very clunky feeling at the moment. The issue is that holding down a key will only send the command every so often, instead of continuously. For example, if you're holding down a hotkey for a melee ability such as frenzy, it's as though you're using frenzy on right click 3 times a second. But if you put frenzy on right click and hold down right click, then you're using it continuously. The same issue exists for the force move keybind - it only sends the force move command a few times per second instead of continuously updating with the position of your mouse.

Controller essentially uses kb/m quick cast but it feels good because skills queue up if you press a different one before the animation of the last one finishes. You don't have to press it exactly at the right moment for the skill to cast, it will accept the button press if you press slightly too early.

That's also the reason that weapon swapping also feels a lot smoother on controller vs on m/kb. controller queues actions, so you don't have to wait for the animation of your previous spell to entirely finish before hitting the weapon swap key. It's really too bad, because weapon swap teleporting feels much smoother and faster on controller, however you lose precision of where you're teleporting if you use a controller :ROFLMAO: Very sad! And kb/m weapon swapping is so clunky it's hilarious, like you press your weapon swap key 1 frame too early and your character is now standing there like a dumbass doing nothing.

There's so much they could add from controller controls that would make the game feel much smoother, including full 360 degree character movement.

All of these are relatively minor changes imo, but I do think they'd hesitate to make these sorts of changes just because it would really change how the game feels vs LoD, and it might change the basic character of kb/m gameplay too much. People are just too used to it.

Last edited:
You explained it well.

I’d also like the gate to open up when you kill the Ancients. Right now just the nose happens.

Reactions: snickersnack
That they don’t change anything that affects my UT 99er. I already had to use a respec more than planned as they changed the synergies.

That they revert the wereform changes they made last time.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High