New Diablo 2 Forum Awards, Achievements, and Tournaments

Hello, stay awhile and listen! New Forum Awards and Achievements have gotten our members enticed! Do you hear the screams of our mighty Nephilim failing to vanquish Baal in the latest tournament hosted on PureDiablo! What is a Diablo II tournament? It is a fun way to spice up the way you play with a

Check out the full article

I do not understand the tournaments on battlenet
Can someone explain?

I do not understand the tournaments on battlenet
Can someone explain?
They are just played on battle.net instead of single player like the ones hosted here.

For example I may host:

[Simple] Rares Rule! a battle.net tournament.

Hello everyone!

Ready to find the most powerful rare you can with your next untwinked character? Well come one come all and rare your way through Hell for the next battle.net tournament!

Restrictions for this tournament:
  • All equipped items on you and your mercenary must be rare.
  • No muling items from other character
  • General rules of battle.net tournaments apply (See below)

Scoring:
  • 1 point for each act completed if using Army of the Dead or Spells based attacks
  • 2 points for each act if using weapon damage to kill (Weapon damage is defined as needing AR and or Damage from weapon/boots to kill)
Both HC and SC are allowed to complete, a separate table will apply. Forum achievements and rewards can be awarded by participating!

General rules for battle.net tournaments:

1. Hell must be soloed unless a team tournament and be entered at Clvl76 or less.
2. Tournament restrictions do not start until character enters hell, though it is advisable to play solo near level 70 to gear up and use said restrictions, or an untimely death awaits.
3. You may play with others but may not trade. (You can pick up items dropped by monsters, but may not pick up an item dropped by another player even if they just picked it up and dropped it)
4. Your allowed to use one additional stash tab to hold items. (Will be adaptive based on future tabs that are increased/introduced)

Ah, ok... let me see If I understood.

If this tournament was hosted and I participate
1. I subscribe for this tournament
2. I create a ladder character and make progress thru the game untwinked and I only receive points for clearing an act with only wearing rare selffound items

Who is gonna judge that I did what I said? Is someone checking my gear? Who’s judging the gear is selffound?
or is it just a matter of trust? Do I report each act clear? Etc. Etc.

Ah, ok... let me see If I understood.

If this tournament was hosted and I participate
1. I subscribe for this tournament
2. I create a ladder character and make progress thru the game untwinked and I only receive points for clearing an act with only wearing rare selffound items

Who is gonna judge that I did what I said? Is someone checking my gear? Who’s judging the gear is selffound?
or is it just a matter of trust? Do I report each act clear? Etc. Etc.

I good place to look would be at a currently running tournment such as @Babyhell https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/march-of-the-doomed-running-thread.14751/

For your #2 it would depend. In my scenario with general rules applying, there would be a maximum of 10points since the tournament officially starts in Hell and no higher than clvl76. You'll end Act 5 doing single pass either 81 or 82 depending on mobs and how much of a full clear you do.

There are no judges as you could easily fake screenshots, etc. If you need a forum achievement/trophy that bad and have to disregard the restrictions for your own "I'm a l33t gamer" you go!

Usually, participants are people who want a challenge. A melee barbarian or paladin in this rare only tournament sacrifices at least Crushing Blow, Open Wounds, and Cannot be Frozen.

I good place to look would be at a currently running tournment such as @Babyhell https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/march-of-the-doomed-running-thread.14751/

For your #2 it would depend. In my scenario with general rules applying, there would be a maximum of 10points since the tournament officially starts in Hell and no higher than clvl76. You'll end Act 5 doing single pass either 81 or 82 depending on mobs and how much of a full clear you do.

There are no judges as you could easily fake screenshots, etc. If you need a forum achievement/trophy that bad and have to disregard the restrictions for your own "I'm a l33t gamer" you go!

Usually, participants are people who want a challenge. A melee barbarian or paladin in this rare only tournament sacrifices at least Crushing Blow, Open Wounds, and Cannot be Frozen.
Aha, roger that!
I like challenges ;)

Sounds and feels like im gonna participate at the point when ladder gets boring

Reactions: Vang
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High