Blizzard on 2.4 Druid Werewolf and Werebear attack speed changes

Druid human IAS speeds are horrendous. This is spin because they messed something up.

Reactions: snickersnack
Because of the extraordinary weight weapon attack speed had on transformed attack speeds, high weapon attack speed was overwhelmingly the most important consideration for which weapon to equip. This change should encourage more diversity in weapon selection.

^ BLUE tag isn't working when shown below the article.
Uhhhh, I see that as less diversity. They're making weapon choices more homogeneous across classes and builds. It's good if some skills rely more on IAS than others. This is a bad change IMO - most especially since I see the effect as the opposite of the claimed motivation..

Last edited:
Druid human IAS speeds are horrendous. This is spin because they messed something up.
I agree. This is a bad change and the move makes much more sense if this is the best they could do to fix/cover some problem that they aren't telling us about.

The quirky attack speed calculation was a poor player experience for those not in the know

What? Then put a note in a tooltip or skill description: "weapon IAS affects this skill more than others," done.

This is a flimsy excuse for nerfing a build, but it's one that was used extensively in D3. It'd be great if blizz worked with the assumption that players aren't stupid.

I have a suspicion though, that they're trying to homogenize some of the systems and calculations because they plan on adding either a new class or new mechanics.

The quirky attack speed calculation was a poor player experience for those not in the know

What? Then put a note in a tooltip or skill description: "weapon IAS affects this skill more than others," done.

This is a flimsy excuse for nerfing a build, but it's one that was used extensively in D3. It'd be great if blizz worked with the assumption that players aren't stupid.

I have a suspicion though, that they're trying to homogenize some of the systems and calculations because they plan on adding either a new class or new mechanics.
Werebear already had issues. Awesome. Less attack speed. Keep up the great work.

It can be ok If ias from other gear now works and contributes in ww form, anyone that tested in ptr?

Werebear already had issues. Awesome. Less attack speed. Keep up the great work.

Werebear would get an 9 Frame attack with an Oath Berserker Axe (50IAS) and 25 off weapon IAS.
Human Druid needs 194IAS to get to 10FPA with a Berserker Axe.

9 frame is ugly :sleep:

9 frame is ugly :sleep:

I picked a realistic weapon that is easy to put together. Compare it to the 13FPA the human druid gets for the same FPA.

Wait for the dual dream sorcs to start complaining when they find out they are capped at 10FPA with a Phase Blade (assuming they use the normal sorc breakpoints)

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High