Microsoft acquiring Activision Blizzard

Well, I was wondering why Bobby Kotick wasn't stepping down as well. Now we know why. Maybe Microsoft can clean it up and make Diablo great again. I don't think this is a bad thing. Couldn't have gotten any worse than it already was for Activision Blizzard.

Well it isn't good news if you were hoping to play D4 on anything other than PC or XBox.

Well it isn't good news if you were hoping to play D4 on anything other than PC or XBox.
That's true. I only have PC anyway so didn't think of that. We'll have to wait and see.

Just found out about this a few minutes ago. Not entirely sure how I feel about it just yet.

I don't think anyone (except Bobby of course) would argue that the leadership of Activision Blizzard was in desperate need of a serious shakeup, and not just because of the obvious controversy staining the company right now. So for that reason, I agree that this is not a bad thing. I just don't know if it's a good thing yet.

This doesn't surprise me, back in 2003 or so Microsoft was in talks with Vivendi for the game division.

The date of almost 18months to complete is a bit long but is probably right around the time D4 was going to be released anyways. This also is important from a gamers perspective that they expect to turn a nice profit over time.

I hope they clean house.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High