D2R - Bugs & Suggestions

Bug:
Fix the damage in the character display screen for Grief.

Suggestion:
Add something interesting for the Ancients to make them re-farmable?

And serisouly I think something needs to be done with quantity stuff like Bolts and Arrows. It's very annoying and time consuming. The quanity should be increased massively and the same applies from the unique Javavelins. What's the point or running out of them and losing time to repair them. Thunderstoke becomes obsolete because of this.

I just read the first post with the long list of Bugs so if this was reported in the thread somewhere and not on the list I apologize in advance for re-reporting but chest keys don’t seem to work appropriately. When I pick them up they are not added to my total keys. Also on one of my characters my keys stay at 12 no matter how many times I use it…anyone seeing odd things with chest keys?

Also on one of my characters my keys stay at 12 no matter how many times I use it…anyone seeing odd things with chest keys?
Is that character an Assassin by any chance? They do not consume keys when opening chests.

I don't recall seeing Defence previously mentioned anywhere, but I feel like Defence on items really isn't worth as much as it could be (am I correct in saying at the moment, it only affects Chance to Get Hit, and even then it doesn't affect it that much?). It would be great if there was a way to tie it do Damage Reduction in some way. :unsure:

Reactions: Excalibur
I agree and I was thinking how defense could be improved.
How about every 1000 defense you get 1% Damage Reduction?
At first it may look a bit overpowered but then again Smiters with Exile tend to get the best defense which is around 25k so most characters won't be benefited that much. It will still be a bonus of course which is the whole point.

Reactions: Foghorn Leghorn
Maybe this has been posted already, but I can't be bothered to look through the thread...

How about a defensive/offensive AI toggle switch for mercs? The merc AI needs a lot of work, but I think that an aggressive merc works well for some builds and not so well for others. My light sorc and my shock zealot use the same merc setup, but my zealot does not need a tank, so when the merc runs into the middle of a pack, he's not helping and is more likely to get surrounded and die. OTOH, my light sorc does need a tank, and if he gets surrounded, it's easy to teleport him to safety. If I could set the merc to aggressive for my light sorc and defensive for my shock zealot, that'd be a big help.

I also like the idea @snickersnack !

Also something that I would really like to see is auto-pickup for Potions that match your belt. For example, If you have Super Healing Potions in your first and second row then all super Healing potions from the ground will be picked and placed in your belt automatically. Same will apply for the rest rows depending on your potions. Not only it will help reduce the clutter on the ground but will also save time from picking random potions and filling your belt with Greater Healing potions and even Healing potions sometimes.

Also something that I would really like to see is auto-pickup for Potions that match your belt. For example, If you have Super Healing Potions in your first and second row then all super Healing potions from the ground will be picked and placed in your belt automatically. Same will apply for the rest rows depending on your potions. Not only it will help reduce the clutter on the ground but will also save time from picking random potions and filling your belt with Greater Healing potions and even Healing potions sometimes.
Great idea! I would add that since you can put tp scrolls in your belt, it should work with those too.

Reactions: Excalibur
@snickersnack I was thinking along those lines the last few months. I had somethig6likenSecret of Mans's system in mind for this. Another idea would be to use the voice commands (num pad 1-6) for this. For example pressing 1 ("follow me") would prompt your merc to run to your spot. I don"t know if this is doable from a programmer's perspective though.

@Grisu I never played Secret of Mana, but I had Kenshi's system in mind. Well, really I have some vague memory of an older game that just had one toggle switch for each team member, but Kenshi is the only such game I can recall specifically.

I think that a toggle would be quite easy to program. Active commands are definitely doable since the mercs already had triggers based on your inputs (only proximity based right now). I imagine that blizz wouldn't want to add such a system though. It would require a lot of testing to have that kind of overhaul. Also, what commands would you want a rogue to accept? I think they'd be different from the ones you'd want for the act2 merc.

This, but with filtering as I suggested earlier in the thread.
In short, rather than being based on your current lowest slot (potentially fucking up of you drink the last one) you set each column for type and then add a criteria (e.g. 1: mana; greater+, 2-3: healing; super, 4: rejuv; full).

Edit in an addition: after having played a bowazon recently, auto pickup of arrows/bolts to refill current quivers. (I.e. only active picking will add another stack to inventory, but running close enough will refill your current ones.)

Edit in an addition: after having played a bowazon recently, auto pickup of arrows/bolts to refill current quivers. (I.e. only active picking will add another stack to inventory, but running close enough will refill your current ones.)
:love:

I wonder if adding auto-gold-pickup was a way of testing the waters to see how other auto pickups might work. There are a lot of items on the ground that no one bothers to pick up unless they use them and are low. We might see an expansion of auto pickup as well as the introduction of +pick up radius.

+Light radius is basically meaningless now, so I wonder if they plan on giving it meaning by either attaching pick up radius to the same modifier or even just replacing it with pick up radius.

Really, +light radius doesn't really do anything in the new graphics, right? Do I just have my brightness up too high?

Edit: I just checked, and lowering my brightness one tick makes the logo invisible (I do have a desk lamp on though). Can anyone with HDR comment on whether light radius does anything?

Can someone tell me if this was fixed?

Switch to old graphics, then try to switch tabs at vendors or the shared stash.

Let me know :)
Nothing funky going on for me on the PTR (or in the regular live version..) What happens when you do it? It's all working normally for me.

Last edited:
Nothing funky going on for me on the PTR (or in the regular live version..) What happens when you do it? It's all working normally for me.
I click on the tabs, but nothing happens, and can't switch tabs that way. I have to do it with new graphics, wich is bad because I run a toaster

(that was the last time I tried!)

An idea for skeletal mages:

Make it so that the mages can change their own element if they repeatedly hit something that is immune. Maybe give +2.5% chance to change for each point in LR. With maxed LR, each hit that lands and does no damage gives a 50% chance to switch to a different element. This could be in addition to some resistance piercing.

There is nothing I have ever wanted fixed more than the Sanctuary aura.

It is iconic, cool, niche, and opens up so many neat build ideas.... if it functioned correctly.

Reactions: Kartongen
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High