Random Tournament 2021 D2R edition!

Well maybe I should get back to Trashard...He is slowly moving along as he is sitting in the Arcane Sanctuary. Just have to find this 5os ethereal axe for my untwinked 99er first....

And so, thanks to the blessing from @Grisu , Odin was born. As stated before, Howl, Find Item, and Berserk (set 45) are to be his forever skills and Increased Stamina, Double Swing, and Concentrate (set 4) will carry him through normal.

Odin started out bashing fallens and zombies with his trusty axe. Shortly after clearing out the den, killing speed was becoming painfully slow already. I forget the exact level, but around level 10 after ~50 refreshes from Gheed, Odin spotted a Scythe to be gambled. D2R certainly improved upon gambling, no doubt about it. The scythe dramatically sped up killing speed until around level 15 when Odin spotted a Flail at Gheed. Now we're talking! Double swinging with Flails made the rest of the act a breeze, especially with ~10-15 added elemental damage from charms. Not a whole lot of interesting drops in Act 1, especially since Odin had basically no armor (well, no topazed helm and chest armor) the whole act. Did find a set Large Shield (Civerbs), I kept it for now, but can't imagine ever using it. Having just 4 potions was quite irksome. When Gheed provided a Heavy Belt, there was much rejoicing.

An omen of what is to come was uncovered in the PIt.
Screenshot001.png

Yes, after rerolling Cap, a unique one wastes no time in dropping. Can't wait to find a unique War Hat and Shako later! Andarial was no match on /p8, dying very quick to Double Swing.
Screenshot002.png
She didn't drop anything useful. Upon arriving in Lut Gholein, I noticed at some point I had accidently picked up and equipped a barb helmet (useless staff mod on it). In order to ensure no more mistakes, I immediately gambled a Circlet so that all my inventory slots were full of allowed items. I also enlisted the help of Waheed, since Blaise wasn't very helpful, and I for sure am going to use a might merc once I can hire one.

Odin sped off to find the cube, and immediately went to work cubing savage polearms. Concentrate with a Savage Halberd makes a nice switch for when fighting lightning beetles, leapers, etc. Waheed is using a spare Savage Halberd, since that was the best I got in ~12 attempts. As far as the rest of the act, Odin steadily upgraded gear, he's sporting a 32% MF circlet, which will be quite nice. I believe his total MF is at 150%, an acceptable level for this stage. I skipped the Canyon of the Magi and all the False Tombs so I could just kill Duriel. I'll come back to them next time I play. Duriel was easily dispatched on /p3, and provided nothing useable.
Screenshot003.png

I'm not going to attempt to add myself in the table, but Odin is HC and will be single pass. So far he's a lot of fun, haven't played a barb in a long time so it's exciting! I believe he's level 26, though I don't feel like opening the game back up to check 😅 . Need to grab the new gomule so I can check this stuff easier!

Reactions: Grisu and Babyhell
Well, Randomnipotent reached the final stretch of his journey to rid the world of evil, entering Harrogath.

All in all quite the uneventful journey if you don't count red thorned hulks
Screenshot001.png
, Fana Might Spiders
Screenshot002.png
, Cursed Fana bosspacks
Screenshot010.png
or Conviction Council
Screenshot012.png

The game teased me with drops that I wasn't allowed to use
Screenshot014.png
, drops that were rare and allowed to use but still mostly useless
Screenshot020.png
, rune drops that were too late to be useful
Screenshot022.png
and useless boss drops
Screenshot015.png
Screenshot025.png

And that's it already. Nothing fancy. A wall of skeletons to keep monsters away from my merc, who pokes everything to death. On some PI fast regenrating monsters I had to use The Impaler and Amplify Damage, but I managed full clears at p1 and didn't have to leave a monster undefeated.

Randomnipotent, level 85 Summoner, with Chalan, a Might Town Guard, Hell Harrogath next

Edit: Added @skoolbus to the table

Code:
Code:
   D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Skills         Location               Score
-- --- ----------        --------------       -----   -----  ------         --------               ----
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     85     33+14+34+58+83 Hell Harrogath          48
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     83.3   78+86+71       Guardian 10/27/21       45
   Yes Vang              Levia                Ama     82     69+9+90        Guardian 10/29/21       45
SP Yes Quackerz          Nero                 Dru     73     52+26+42       Lut Gholein H           39
   Yes Jcakes            Athena               Ass     58     44+87          NM Act 3                21
SP Yes aitrus            RandomDeadNecro      Nec     42     21+75          NM Lut Gholein          21
SP Yes thefranklin       RandomWayToDie       Ass     59     40+74          NM Kurast Docks         24
   Yes Vildecor          Fernando             Pal     46     96+80          NM Black Marsh          15
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     29     42+18          Pandemonium Fortress     9
   Yes D4di56lu3         MrDevaStation        Nec     27     32+63          Kurast dock              6
SP Yes skoolbus          Odin                 Bar     26     4+45           Kurast Dock              6
SP Yes Vang              Trashard             Pal     22     84+89          Halls of Dead 2          3
SP Yes jstani01          mystery              Bar     18     93             Inner Cloister           0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your SOUL was swallowed by the resurrection (aka Deeds)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SP No  softlyfalling     Ansa                 Ass     75     39+12+14+58    Deeds                   36
   Yes D4di56lu3         Deva                 Ass     80     19+30+39+77    Deeds Hell Lut Gholein  33
SP Yes Babyhell          VangKenstein         Sor     72     66             Deeds NM Frozen Tundra  30
SP Yes Jcakes            SerafinaPekkala      Ama     60     5 + 50         Deeds                   24
   Yes Vang              Multiple             Multi   58     Many           Deeds                   21
   Yes corale            Meoh                 Dru     43     65             Deeds                   15
SP Yes Dazliare          Mulgram              Bar      ?     56             Act 5                   12
   Yes Dazliare          Priscilla            Sor     25     25+72          Deeds                   9
   Yes Miron             Hartwig              Bar     29     8+75           Deeds                   6
   Yes coju              RandyTom             Bar     25      5             Deeds                   3
   Yes Sid               Brisket              Dru     8      07+52          Deeds
   Yes Jamesixgun        Devi                 Sor     7      66+78          Deeds
   Yes Sid               Bortleby             Pal     23     40             Deeds

About time I made a short update.
MrDevaStation has slain Mephisto, and all I accomplished was to beat my own record in finding identical useless t-shirts in a very short timeframe...
Screenshot123.png
Screenshot124.png

And also an easy map for Mephi runs
Screenshot127.png

So a small dent in the dentist following the trail of his late client.

Code:
Code:
   D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Skills         Location               Score
-- --- ----------        --------------       -----   -----  ------         --------               ----
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     85     33+14+34+58+83 Hell Harrogath          48
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     83.3   78+86+71       Guardian 10/27/21       45
   Yes Vang              Levia                Ama     82     69+9+90        Guardian 10/29/21       45
SP Yes Quackerz          Nero                 Dru     73     52+26+42       Lut Gholein H           39
   Yes Jcakes            Athena               Ass     58     44+87          NM Act 3                21
SP Yes aitrus            RandomDeadNecro      Nec     42     21+75          NM Lut Gholein          21
SP Yes thefranklin       RandomWayToDie       Ass     59     40+74          NM Kurast Docks         24
   Yes Vildecor          Fernando             Pal     46     96+80          NM Black Marsh          15
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     29     42+18          Pandemonium Fortress     9
   Yes D4di56lu3         MrDevaStation        Nec     31     32+63          Pandemonium Fortress     9
SP Yes skoolbus          Odin                 Bar     26     4+45           Kurast Dock              6
SP Yes Vang              Trashard             Pal     22     84+89          Halls of Dead 2          3
SP Yes jstani01          mystery              Bar     18     93             Inner Cloister           0
SP No  softlyfalling     Ansa                 Ass     75     39+12+14+58    Deeds                   36
   Yes D4di56lu3         Deva                 Ass     80     19+30+39+77    Deeds Hell Lut Gholein  33
SP Yes Babyhell          VangKenstein         Sor     72     66             Deeds NM Frozen Tundra  30
SP Yes Jcakes            SerafinaPekkala      Ama     60     5 + 50         Deeds                   24
   Yes Vang              Multiple             Multi   58     Many           Deeds                   21
   Yes corale            Meoh                 Dru     43     65             Deeds                   15
SP Yes Dazliare          Mulgram              Bar      ?     56             Act 5                   12
   Yes Dazliare          Priscilla            Sor     25     25+72          Deeds                   9
   Yes Miron             Hartwig              Bar     29     8+75           Deeds                   6
   Yes coju              RandyTom             Bar     25      5             Deeds                   3

Welp looks like I forgot to update for awhile here. I just started playing again over the last couple of days . I was upto Pindle / Nihllathuk from my last play session back in October / Novemer. I barely remember Act 3 and 4 as it was back on October / Novemeber last year (whoops).

I do remember that Act 4 was a little painful with all the fire immunes and I dropped back to /p3 for most of it and /p1 for Choas Sanctuary. Act 5 on the other hand hasn't been too bad with the lack of fire immunes so I went back up to /players 5. Had one NDE when I lost about 3/4 of my hp to a cursed, mana burn Sand Raider, but managed to juv and get back behind the merc so was all ok.

Current plans are to run Cows, Baal and Mephisto a bit and then have a look at what I have in terms of items / runes to start the panful hell build.

1641542713679.png

Cool close-up of Izual (accidently hit weapon switch)

1641542788273.png

Diablo Drop

1641542820692.png

Baal Drop
1641542892013.png

Athena, Level 75, Skill Set 44+87, NM Act 5 Done

@Jcakes nice find, any plans to use it on Athena?

@Grisu Good luck on the final stretch!

I was playing Odin this morning, don't have a proper update yet, but a question. Has there been a change in the rock worm type monsters in Act IV River of Flame in D2R? Am I just imagining it? This is my first D2R character so I'm wondering if I'm out of the loop. I have never been swarmed and overrun by so many of the babies. I honestly think if it was NM or Hell I would have just closed the game and rerolled the monster spawn, there would have been no way to ever fight through them. Does anyone have any suggestions for NM and Hell? Right now I'm thinking go to p1 and hope I have a teleport ammy and just skip it. I have howl, didn't use it because I wasn't seeing how it would help, but unfortunately Odin didn't roll Taunt or Leap. All his attacks are single target too.

@Jcakes nice find, any plans to use it on Athena?
I'd like to but not really sure what I could make with it. Maybe a Death Phaseblade (but frankly that seems kind of weak).

I spent yesterday getting my gear ready to go for hell and pushed through Act1 today.

These are my current stats at the start of Hell. Damage is definitely on the low side, but the blades come out quickly and Dtalon is great for bosses (I am wearing a duress for CB).
1641713392207.png

Edit: forgot to show my main weapon. NM imbue of an Eth Dimensional blade, up'd to phase blade. Not fantastic by anymeans, but kind of sweet.
1641714040140.png

First Phyiscal immune ... hmm this could be a problem. I did manage to kill him but it took a loooooong time.

1641713434270.png

I am going to need another way to deal with physical immunes. It was at this point that I remembered I had a 3 socket Dimensional Blade. I was hoping for a phase blade for the attack speed - but this will do.
1641713546699.png

Towards the end of the act I found a thresher and rolled 5 sockets on it boom

1641713627518.png

Nothing else much to talk about for the rest of the act. Lawbringer did its job against the swarms of PI ghosts.

A couple of lol screenshots to finish up
Countess

1641713766697.png

Andariel

1641713799323.png

Reactions: Grisu and D4di56lu3
Behold! Guardian Randomnipotent has vanquished Baal (well, actually it was Chalan, an Iron Golem and some Skellies who vanquished him...). See how he smiles stares:
Pose.jpg

Yes, marvellous times are ahead for Randomnipotent...forgotten in a tavern, drinking with Chalan and his golem and skeleton buddies, because Grisu is unlikely to go on any other adventures with him.

Some time during Act V I noticed I never replaced my +2RS/+3SM white wand from Act I Normal...so I went back shopping in NM (guess what? Both bases that were allowed can't be shopped in Hell...) and crafted some wands. Managed even a +2 Necro skills/20% FCR/20% Fire Resist until I noticed that the +3 Summoning/+1 Golem Mastery/+1 Summon Resist I shopped was probably better and the crafts wasted. Well, oversights happen and apparently the detour probably wasn't needed at all.

Summoners really should be banned from tournaments. There were only a few times where the skeletons died, mainly against Might Hell Witches or something like that or Extra Fast Extra Strong Cursed Frenzytaurs stairtraps
Screenshot031.jpg
But with an aresenal of curses at my disposal (well, only Amplify Damage, Dim Vision, Confuse, Decrepify and Attract) things went quite smoothly. Although I can't deny the power of Amplify Damage, Decrepify was my curse of choice for most parts of the game, because it added so much safety.

Against some fast regenarting PIs I had to switch to Warspear (PMH, OW), which allowed to slowly take down those bosses thanks to the Enchant trigger from Obedience.

Speaking of Obedience: Since the last fight against the Ancients with a Summoner was ages ago, I decided to buff my team (I went without Iron Golem after I teleport-lost my last Insight IG) by creating another Iron Golem - from another Obedience. Yes, found the runes for two. I even changed my gear: Ditch the PTopaz Armor and equip Que-Hagan's, use the caster ammy instead of the MF ammy, use resist rings instead of MF rings. Yes, I was afraid. But boy! The whole fight was a farce! I had Warspear in my Inventory for PI, some additional Full Rejuvs in the cube, and then the fight was over in under one minute thanks to the worst mods on Ancients ever (well, worst from their point of view):

Screenshot042.jpgScreenshot043.jpgScreenshot044.jpg
Teleportation/Extra Strong Madawc, Mana Burn/Extra Strong Talic, Cold Enchanted Mana Burn Korlic

I think I could have easily managed without the Iron Golem (and with MF gear). That's how strong a summoner even with very mediocre gear is.

Drew Black Souls and Horadrim Ancients in WSK II, so I had to resurrect the Black Soul corpses as skellies to prevent resurrection, but no other problems. Even the waves were quite easy. Only Ventor's gang managed to somehow quickly kill my merc so I had to get back to town for resurrection. But with Attract and Decprepify ready, no more merc deaths occured. Not even to Lister:

Screenshot050.jpg
Those skeletons can take a beating! Only one died against Lister's Gang...

Baal was no problem at all thanks to the slow of Decrepify and I didn't bother to pick up any of the drops...

Screenshot052.jpg

I picked up the gold though.

Screenshot053.jpg

Screenshot028.jpg
Screenshot030.jpg
Screenshot035.jpg

This was great fun and lots of participants, too! A shame I can't keep up pace with most of you, but at least I got the job done (unlike with 27 other tournament characters idle for years).

Thanks @Vang for coming up with this and hosting and thanks everyone who participated and kept me coming back to the thread with their updates!

Guardian Randomnipotent, the level 86.3 Summoner with Chalan, an Obedience GP Iron Golem and some skellies

Code:
Code:
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     86.3   33+14+34+58+83 Guardian 01/10/22       54
   Yes Jcakes            Athena               Ass     81+    44+29+51+90    Hell Lut Gholein        33
   Yes D4di56lu3         MrDevaStation        Nec     27     32+63          Kurast dock              6

Athena has completed Act 2 now - I am now at the point in the game where I am basically rushing through and skipping half the map. Overall progress wasn't too bad. I did it over two nights, pushing to Claw Viper Temple yesterday and finishing it today. No drops of any kind and other than a fairly slow progression through the Maggot Lair nothing particularly exciting.

I played all of Act 2 using lawbringer and holy crap this weapon is amazing for Act 2, knockback, slayed monsters RIP, Decrepify. It's a shame that BF doesn't do that much damage, but it does create a lot of Decrepifies very quickly and my Obedience Thresher wielding Merc does more than enough damage for the both of us.

I did have to park a couple of stone skin insects that were unbreakable, but again with Decrep it wasn't too hard to park them.

Screenshots
1641987138672.png
Nice Map :)

Typical Duriel
1641987185464.png

@Jcakes BF will get you through the game. I did a tournament with one in an ethereal conquest sword and slaughtered everything.

@Jcakes BF will get you through the game. I did a tournament with one in an ethereal conquest sword and slaughtered everything.
yeah I have an Eth PB but it doesn't do heaps of damage. I can kill things it is just slow and the Attack Rating is low (I am wearing double Angel's Halos)

I am fairly certain it will get me through the game and having level 20 fade is super nice as well.

yeah I have an Eth PB but it doesn't do heaps of damage. I can kill things it is just slow and the Attack Rating is low (I am wearing double Angel's Halos)

I am fairly certain it will get me through the game and having level 20 fade is super nice as well.
You did max BF right? That'll add a fair amount if you did not.

You did max BF right? That'll add a fair amount if you did not.
Yeah I did. The damage isn't terrible, just a lot less then the Merc. It's probably a factor of limited weapon choices more than anything.

Reactions: Vang
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High