Covid-19 Prepping thread

Just got my first dose on Wednesday. It came pretty unexpected. One of the intended recipients of the local doctor had to cancel the appointment and her procedure is to call those who live closest to her (I'm 1km away), to ensure that the vaccination will be applied before it spoils. I don't know how I got on her list, I guess my mother did it. When the phone call came, I went to there immediately. I will get the second shot in August. I think there would have been more urgent cases than me, but who am I to decline that? I didn't ask for it, so I just feel as bad about it as needed to write this long explanation.

Reactions: superdave
Canada should surpass the US in 2 days for percent of pop given the first dose and by mid July/August for 2nd dose.

The vaccine supply shortage is over in Canada.
I think supply is still a factor here in Canada. Just this past weekend in AB, we were able to show that we can vaccinate up to 75k+ people per day, but supply is still not matching the demand... I'd like to get this 1st dose phase over with so we can get to the 2nd dose sooner...

Just got my first dose on Wednesday. It came pretty unexpected. One of the intended recipients of the local doctor had to cancel the appointment and her procedure is to call those who live closest to her (I'm 1km away), to ensure that the vaccination will be applied before it spoils. I don't know how I got on her list, I guess my mother did it. When the phone call came, I went to there immediately. I will get the second shot in August. I think there would have been more urgent cases than me, but who am I to decline that? I didn't ask for it, so I just feel as bad about it as needed to write this long explanation.
Awesome! Grats Krischan 👊
That pharmacy waitlist over here in Canada hasn't been useful at all, from anecdotal evidence. Does it feel awesome to have 1/2 done?

That pharmacy waitlist over here in Canada hasn't been useful at all, from anecdotal evidence. Does it feel awesome to have 1/2 done?
I agree. I had my sister signed up on 2 lists and neither has been in touch with me. She received her first dose after I signed here up on the county website. I had to camp it for weeks before I was able to grab a time for her.

Reactions: d2lover
My girlfriend was signed up for months on multiple waitlists, and didn't hear back on anything. We only got the first dose after the province lowered the eligibility age, and were able to book appointments literally within a week or two.
Now I think most people are waiting to hear more news on easing back on restrictions. Canada has really bungled that up as well, and feels like they're overcompensating for the more relaxed restrictions earlier on in the pandemic.

I appreciate meeting friends occasionally, but the more potential excuses I have in the back hand, the easier it is to avoid them if I'm not in the mood for it. Not everybody can handle a honest "I'm not interested in meeting you at this moment" well. I've used words like "the planets aren't in a opportune constellation today" or "I don't want to see you dumbasses" as a humorous variant, however, but that's working as intended only for those those who know that I'm not serious... a rather small minority of Germans.

A halfhermit then. You can even choose which half, left, right, top, bottom, back, front or mix and match.

Reactions: jmervyn
No, I think it's more than a quarter. I'm a rather introverted person and sometimes I notice autistic traits in my behavior, but I lack too many other such traits to be one. Jmervyn got it right, demihermit sounds good.

That's not autism, but being German. Joke analysis is a serious matter, there's nothing to laugh about about it.

The double "about" is intentional.

This woman has a hat shop in Nashville. After losing most of her suppliers and many customers she stated, without even a hint of sincerity, “i sincerely apologize for any insensitivity”.hatwrks.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: d2lover
What about the tattoo with the number on her arm?

I guess she feels delight in comparing her own discomfort for refusing to get vaccinated with the suffering of those who were forced to do slave labour at too poor food rations and shelter until they died or be killed at the whim of a warden and then be cremated with 5 others in the oven at the same time while a bored clerk ticks off a line in a file with a hundred thousand other entries.

Perhaps she should better compare herself with Jesus in that manner, I guess she's praying for us poor souls and decided to suffer for our sins.

Reactions: Leopold Stotch
I see now that a study revealed that states with the most stringent lockdowns not only had lower infection rates, but also had better economic performance than states that ignored science and failed their citizens by not locking down as comprehensively. Suck it, Florida and Texas.

Reactions: Leopold Stotch
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High