SPF Technical Support

I also forgot to mention some tweaks you can do:

You can create a shortcut to LaunchModGame.vbs so that you can use command lines:
  • -3dfx - if you have Glide installed in the base directory
  • -w - to run in windowed mode, or full-screen w/ Glide to prevent cursor jumping
  • -noprompt - this will prevent the prompts for creating bin files and windowed mode, launching you straight into the game
If you want to self-MP to simulate /playersx, delete the d2gfx.dll in the 1.07 directory and rename d2gfx.dll_1.07 to d2gfx.dll

Reactions: Babyhell

Modified D2gfx.dll (aka multi-instance) files for 1.07 and 1.00 are available here.

edit: now also includes the edited 1.07 D2glide.dll for those that experience the "running digits in upper left corner of the screen"-glitch. Haven't found a similar fix for 1.00 yet.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Helvete
Looking for some advice as I cannot remember how I resolved previously. What FAM methods exist for staying within the windowed program? Have the annoying habit of moving off screen when strafing and its gonna get me deemed!

I want to use Sven's, but I'm finding that it makes my CPU work pretty hard while my GPU just hangs around doing nothing. My CPU sometimes is running surprisingly hard given how easy it is to run D2. And, while temps aren't going above 80, this seems excessive...right? I mean I know an i5 8500 isn't top of the line by any standard, but it should have zero issues. All the while my GPU is around 50 degrees. and about 10% usage.

CPU: i5 8500
GPU: Quadro P600 4gb MXM version

Are there some Nvidia setting I need to change around? Here's what my Sven's settings are:

1618037866338.png

1618037877655.png

D2 just likes to hog CPU from what I've seen, particularly in older patches. In those older patches you want to set the process affinity to just use a single processor (crucial with multi-instance). This can be done in task manager. I don't think glide wrapper has anything to do with it. But if it does, then it is probably better to just use the 1.14 wrapper provided by blizz, though I don't think it supports captured mouse.

The settings look just fine to me, but I'm not an expert. I'm not aware of any NVidia specific settings. Unfortunately can't cross-reference my own settings for a week as I'm away from my desktop.

Reactions: Jocular
D2 just likes to hog CPU from what I've seen, particularly in older patches. In those older patches you want to set the process affinity to just use a single processor (crucial with multi-instance). This can be done in task manager. I don't think glide wrapper has anything to do with it. But if it does, then it is probably better to just use the 1.14 wrapper provided by blizz, though I don't think it supports captured mouse.

The settings look just fine to me, but I'm not an expert. I'm not aware of any NVidia specific settings. Unfortunately can't cross-reference my own settings for a week as I'm away from my desktop.

Thanks for the reply! I guess I'll keep tweaking things.

Thanks a lot, I'll give feedback!
Were you able to get a second install of 1.07 working? I started up playing 1.14d again about two weeks ago, and I'm thinking about running some 1.07 racks for eth weapons. Or, just min damage charms.

I also have windows 10, and I'm not sure how to get it working. Do I need ISOs?

Any help is appreciated!

Reactions: Babyhell
Were you able to get a second install of 1.07 working? I started up playing 1.14d again about two weeks ago, and I'm thinking about running some 1.07 racks for eth weapons. Or, just min damage charms.

I also have windows 10, and I'm not sure how to get it working. Do I need ISOs?

Any help is appreciated!
Other real-life activities made me postpone 1.07 as I couldn't have time to complete 1.14D goals AND start 1.07 stuff, so I can't help on that point, sorry :-/

Other real-life activities made me postpone 1.07 as I couldn't have time to complete 1.14D goals AND start 1.07 stuff, so I can't help on that point, sorry :-/
Okay, thanks for replying! What bothers me, is that I've gotten it working before, but didn't think to record how!

Check out my post here about getting 1.07 to work if you don't have the physical discs.

Awesome, thanks!

After some consternation with game keys, it's working now. I had a working 1.14D directory (updated from 1.12, which I got from a back up I did some months/years ago), and I tried more-or-less that, but maybe I just missed a step somewhere.....doing it again, yeah I had just missed ?something?

Thanks!

Edit: also, after some testing, fullscreen mode doesn't seem to work, but that's okay.

Reactions: Vildecor
I also forgot to mention some tweaks you can do:

You can create a shortcut to LaunchModGame.vbs so that you can use command lines:
  • -3dfx - if you have Glide installed in the base directory
  • -w - to run in windowed mode, or full-screen w/ Glide to prevent cursor jumping
  • -noprompt - this will prevent the prompts for creating bin files and windowed mode, launching you straight into the game
If you want to self-MP to simulate /playersx, delete the d2gfx.dll in the 1.07 directory and rename d2gfx.dll_1.07 to d2gfx.dll

Should that shortcut still be in the original directory, or can it be on the desktop?

I had 1.14b and everything was fine. I used blizzard updater http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2exp/patches/PC/LODPatch_114d.exe to get 1.14d and now everything works fine in 1.14d.

All my other trenshadow versions broke. This is LaunchMod.vbs and RecoverFromCrash.vbs errors.
Untitled.png

Other than ragequit D2 forever, any ideas?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ETA: Do dll files change from one version to another? I copied the dll files from 1.07 subfolder into the main install folder without overwriting and now the different versions will open, but I don't want to open the characters if the dll files are different resulting in running material from multiple patches in the same instance.

Last edited:
ETA: Do dll files change from one version to another? I copied the dll files from 1.07 subfolder into the main install folder without overwriting and now the different versions will open, but I don't want to open the characters if the dll files are different resulting in running material from multiple patches in the same instance.

Yeah, if you copied over the 1.07 dll files w/o replacing the existing ones, you should be good to go. Running 1.07 shouldn't allow access to your 1.14d characters since the save file locations are completely different between those versions (and vice versa as well). 1.14d shouldn't be affected in any way by those 1.07 dll files.

Edit: And other versions should be fine as well if you're launching LaunchMod.vbs from the version folder as it will use dll files in that folder instead of the ones in the base directory. It just has a hissy fit if there are missing dll files in the base directory.

Last edited:
So it doesn't actually *use* the dll files in the install folder, it just looks for a file of that name to exist? And then it will *use* the file in the subdirectory (1.07 folder for example).

And I guess more specifically, a 1.00 subfolder will also just see that the files with that name exist in the install directory, then use the appropriate files from the 1.00 subfolder also? Based on what you said the answer seems to be yes, but I just want to be 100% before I go play.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High