2021 Spring RFL Sign Up and Running Thread: Round 2 (Travincal)

Yes, the IAS is pathetic, but that doesn't matter for this build as he's already at max speed due to Fanatacism. Plus 10% for the superior blade and it's even a little bit more impressive! o_O
Why is it pathetic? You reach maxspeed on zealot with fana and WW barb. But it also has 32% or higher which is ideal for zealot without fana because he needs 72% IAS for maxspeed with phaseblade. This is achieved with two 20% sources and the 32%+ on Grief. With (30-31)% you would need a third source of IAS.
On dreamer you already wear LoH + HLW so it fits perfectly there as well.

So anyone who can use this Grief can easily reach maxspeed. :p

Reactions: Luhkoh
Why is it pathetic? You reach maxspeed on zealot with fana and WW barb. But it also has 32% or higher which is ideal for zealot without fana because he needs 72% IAS for maxspeed with phaseblade. This is achieved with two 20% sources and the 32%+ on Grief. With (30-31)% you would need a third source of IAS.
On dreamer you already wear LoH + HLW so it fits perfectly there as well.

So anyone who can use this Grief can easily reach maxspeed. :p
I...uh...forgot about the 32%+ 'breakpoint' being the good threshold. :whistle:

Okay, so it's less 'pathetic', and more so 'basically ideal'. I'll take it! Guess a dual-dreamer is in my future. ;)

@Pb_pal yeah i forgot to say absolutely SICK grief. 32ias is the same as 40ias on a grief in my book. That thing is absurd. Also meant to say lol at teh froat.

Also since theres so many zealots, I thought I'd include a LINK to my writeup when I ran mine with several different setups a while back. The gear variations are pretty much strictly for sc though, since hc obviously needs a shield with res and block. Have a short video in there too. Fwiw I enjoyed the ebotd war pike setup the most :).

Reactions: Pb_pal
Decided to throw my hat in the ring, even though I didn't participate in Round 1. I'll be running 2 HC chars (WW Barb and FanaZealot) and my UT99er Blizzsorc Aretha (SC - level 94) She is in need of some roonz real bad (no CtA, no CoH, no Infinity) and I am wanting to move to CS running soon. I could run LK but I find that place sooo boring.
I must say I like the new run counter. My previous timer involved multiples of Simpsons or Big Bang Theory episodes. GL to everyone.

Please state IF you are running v1.07, 1.08 or 1.09.
-------------------------
maxicek
Pb_pal
Swamigoon
Vildecor
Luhkoh
saracen85
D2DC (1.07)
Babyhell
Nano
CaseyJones
ffs
Terroriffic
DaveW

I have a barb, blizzsorc and zealot ready to go but I'm new to ww and its feeling kinda clunky? I don't know if feel like its hard to aim it, should I be using it on left or rmb? My zealot feels most efficient atm I think cause I got a map where they're all spawned on the orb and torc right under the stairs.

I've been using reaper on the blizz sorc but ill try infinity. Also blizz sorc is in 4/5 tals occulus, I just need a better map. Oh yeah I dont have a ga for merc so what chest should I use for stealshade and inf setup. I've been using treachery reap and stealshade, and its a toss up if he survives, its like if he gets a couple nicely timed leeches he's not insta dead.

For barb should I dual oath or oath + death? I have death in a colossus blade and an ettin. Also oath in Balrog blades or small crescent. I did just recently find an eth berserker axe, I could try to socket that. I don't know ill mess around with some setups but any advice would be much appreciated.

@Terroriffic if someone who plays more barb than me answers, listen to them. Most of the good barb players I've seen play with ww on the right mouse button and with /nopickup on (this is a must for trav for any character imo). And dont press the show items key till all the enemies are dead. The goal is to not namelock anyone/anything so you can keep holding rmb down continuously till all enemies are dead. I have seen a few play with it on lmb and whirl while holding shift. I didn't really notice much difference, but players better than me were like "ofc you'll hate ww if you play with it on lmb" haha. Well jokes on them, I hate ww on either mouse button :p. Honestly I just find it to be a clunky skill. On runtimes, Barb's a fair bit slower than zealot, or ofc blizz sorc, but that 1.54 multiplier from hork (really more than that) is pretty great.

For steelshade infi setup (which works great), you can really use any chest piece with a bit of res. Many use fort for the ED, or some use COH for the leech. But if on a budget, something like lionheart or smoke will work just fine. I assume thats why hes dying. He needs the 75 fire res. Hopefully that sorts him out for you.

On the ww barb, death is terrible unfortunately. Just too slow a weapon so it doesn't hit nearly as often as oath (it's great on zealot though). So oath is the way to go if grief(s) are not available. In general the two hand swords are a good choice. A 1h axe will work ok, but the higher range on the 2h swords helps you hit successfully more often. Hope that helps.

Reactions: Babyhell
@Terroriffic I'll second the feedback from @Luhkoh to go dual Oath. I leveled two Barbs at Trav with dual Oaths at different points earlier in this restart, and it's plenty strong to make those runs workable from my recollection. Dual Balrog Blades would be my vote. I will also echo RMB. I can't imagine using LMB for WW.

Good luck to everyone on this round! We're nearly a day into it. Looking forward to seeing those orange rocks :)

Reactions: Luhkoh
Count me in!

maxicek
Pb_pal
Swamigoon
Vildecor
Luhkoh
saracen85
D2DC (1.07)
Babyhell
Nano
CaseyJones
ffs
Terroriffic
DaveW
Excalibur
me too
maxicek
Pb_pal
Swamigoon
Vildecor
Luhkoh
saracen85
D2DC (1.07)
Babyhell
Nano
CaseyJones
ffs
Terroriffic
DaveW
Excalibur
mulligan

@Excalibur I just tell myself I'm more likely to miss runes by getting in 100s fewer runs than I am to miss them from loot clutter. And just move on immediately if I don't see orange. Well sometimes I do a single tele to the right to give a second view if I feel like it. That and I don't run barb. He gets so cluttered so fast!

My runs are starting well. About 2s faster than last year. These runs are taxing already though. Feel like I can do about 15 minutes of trav before my eyes get all squinty and spaced out at the same time 😅. Trav is definitely and by far the best place for me to work on my runeword grail though, so gonna get after it!

Reactions: Excalibur
Guys, how do you treat the massive loot that drops sometimes?
I waste more time collecting the trash to make sure I don't miss anything than running the councils.
I run away from their MSLE painfulness, and slowly pick them off 1 by 1 spread out over half of Travincal. Is that helpful? :p

Reactions: Excalibur
I run away from their MSLE painfulness, and slowly pick them off 1 by 1 spread out over half of Travincal. Is that helpful? :p
75% lightning resistance and around 23 MDR should make you immune to MSLE in 1.07. All bets are off if conviction hits though. Do you use Skullder's? :unsure:

Last edited:
Guys, how do you treat the massive loot that drops sometimes?
I waste more time collecting the trash to make sure I don't miss anything than running the councils.
The Barb section of Gripp’s Trav/Cows/LK guide has some tips for clutter:
He proposes holding down alt (or show items button) while horsing and starting from the right. That has been generally enough for me, and I don’t bother with walk technique. I also have used maps where council is a little spread out inside the building, which reduces clutter.

For sorc or other character, I’ve not had issues, either a quick teleport helping I think I saw a rune drop saw some Orange at some point.

75% lightning resistance and around 23 MDR should make you immune to MSLE in 1.07. All bets are off if conviction hits though. Do you use Skullder's? :unsure:
Arkaines. I am exaggerating a bit. Although merc takes quite a bit of repositioning to keep away from those globs of death. I think I will slap a Skullders on him to see if that helps, thanks!

Edit: Oops. He was wearing it already.. :cautious:

Last edited:
Reactions: art_vandelay
Well guys, I could throw some time early, and all I can say is that you can already stop running, from a competitive point of view.

You can still pick your non qualifiers.
Well...please! Leveling my sorc there is interesting somehow, but...kinda disappointed by drops so far, not even a nice charm/jewel or what... :-/

• Wow
Reactions: Luhkoh and D2DC
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High