Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Perusing ab wiki and came across this under whirlwind:

• Two-handed swords use one-handed breakpoints regardless of number of hands used to equip.
Can anyone confirm? Because this is huge, at least for me. Grandfather/Doombringer huge..
Yes. Sadly that doesn't change the fact that neither of those can reach 4 fpa (-34).

Reactions: saracen85
Does anyone know what conditions must be met to make Diablo focus on yourself instead of your mercenary?

Does anyone know what conditions must be met to make Diablo focus on yourself instead of your mercenary?
It's like you're reading my mind, I'm dealing with this on my runs right now although I'm trying to get Andy to focus my Bear instead of my merc. I just spam my bear hoping she will turn her aggro to it, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes my bear will have aggro and she will randomly turn to my merc, sometimes she doesn't. I've given up trying to understand it, I haven't found a consistent way to grab or maintain aggro. (This is more for Andarial but I assume the same applies for Diablo making sure my bear hits her first seems to be the most consistant way to get the aggro but like I said sometimes she will switch off for no apparent reason.)

Last edited:
Diablo has the most involved monster AI when determining his target. I remember reading about it on the old forums, but I have no idea how to do a good search for it. Usually whoever deals the most damage becomes his target, though distance from Diablo is also involved.

Reactions: d2lover
I have the same experience with Diablo focusing on the most damaging opponent, at least that is my impression, but I'm not sure how spells count. If you are a caster tanking him (so that you are as close as your mercenary), will the damage of the weapon or the spell determine his priorities?

If you are a caster tanking him (so that you are as close as your mercenary), will the damage of the weapon or the spell determine his priorities?

I'm pretty sure both are considered (only if you actually have attack on left/right click), but since your spells do much more damage, that's what takes precedence.

The two most infuriating monsters just happen to both be found in hell LK.

@d2lover Due to the no-runewords limitation I set, I went with a Shael'ed average Death Cleaver. But... I'm not really fond of it - the 26 dura makes the repair being too often to my taste, also having the merc without Insight (he uses a non-eth Reaper's Toll) is really tough, so is his Duriel's Shell - the Vamp gaze cannot be a bad option here. Therefore merc dies a lot, and gold vanishes quicker than i pick gold, I have to pick things to pay the bills.

A Shael'ed upp'ed Butcher's Pupil would be better at least for saving gold and better lower damage/average damage overall I guess, or some other options I haven't seen.

Also, having 95/95/95/90 (using Guardian Angel) isn't as great as it seems. But I bet having the habit to use Grief gives wrong feelings when using "somehow normal" (but still not that bad really) stuff. When I Pat'ed my first Zealer when I came back to D2 a couple of years ago with an upped Atlantean, I hadn't that feeling.

Good night!

Reactions: saracen85
@d2lover Due to the no-runewords limitation I set, I went with a Shael'ed average Death Cleaver. But... I'm not really fond of it - the 26 dura makes the repair being too often to my taste, also having the merc without Insight (he uses a non-eth Reaper's Toll) is really tough, so is his Duriel's Shell - the Vamp gaze cannot be a bad option here. Therefore merc dies a lot, and gold vanishes quicker than i pick gold, I have to pick things to pay the bills.
For an Avenger, that Reapers Toll would have saved your life countless times.

Due to 8/9 FPA, Avengers need some form of CC, be it Confuse, Decrep and/or HF Act2/Cold Act 3 Mercs. Otherwise you may resort to Zeal too much to counter being mobbed.

The DS from DC doesn't work with vengeance btw, not even on the physical part of your attack.

DS will work on the physical part of your attack with vengeance, but too insignificant for the typical Avenger.

If you have any other source of bonus off-weapon ED like Fort, Fanaticism, Merc's Might aura etc, DS will still work on the physical damage aspect. And helps with leech too.

Last edited:
Reactions: d2lover
I know that Delirium only crashes games, at least for me.

What about using Dream helmet on a A2 Freeze merc?

Now, he has to get hit for it to be cast(confuse), don't know if that will work.

I know no runewords, but for my avenger :p

For an Avenger, that Reapers Toll would have saved your life countless times.

Due to 8/9 FPA, Avengers need some form of CC, be it Confuse, Decrep and/or HF Act2/Cold Act 3 Mercs. Otherwise you may resort to Zeal too much to counter being mobbed.

DS will work on the physical part of your attack with vengeance, but too insignificant for the typical Avenger.

If you have any other source of bonus off-weapon ED like Fort, Fanaticism, Merc's Might aura etc, DS will still work on the physical damage aspect. And helps with leech too.
Yes, i thought DS would help a bit for ML.

Also I add a point, now that he is Act 3: praise Big D that Sanctuary is a prerequisite for Conviction! Given the no Insight limitation, it would have been simply if not impossible a REAL plague to move forward with all those unleechable mobs all around...

Last builds I had this year with somehow fresh new flavor before Avenger were Wrath Strafer (blast) and M'avina's magezon (surprisingly efficient)...those were quite easy blows. Guess it would be much easier with a BotD BA...do I really want to sacrifice Cham for that, not sure really! A setting down to p3 or even p1 could help a bit.

Last edited:
@Luhkoh Tree Leepers. I absolutely hate them lol

OK guys I have a question and I apologize now because there will be quite a few questions coming over the following days that I honestly should know. We're going to just call my lapse in thinking ability here the 'pandemic brainfog'.

I can reroll low level rare jewels in hopes of getting some cool level 1 req +20 psn jewels, correct?

Reactions: Babyhell and Luhkoh
check the affix calc here and check the ilvl calculation of rare rerolls (it's less than clvl, but dont know how much)

also, do you need additional mods or are plain 20 psn good for you? have one or two I believe
I just wanted to see what kind of cool jewels I could make. IDK why but min-max twinking low levels is far more fun to me than min-maxing high levels

Edit: But thank you for the offer sir

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High