Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Hi, how does the 10% magic resistance craft shield compare to other stuff?

I see vs hammerdins it literally makes no difference, they oneshot you anyways, but maybe vs Bonenecros?

Also does it protect you from light/fire/cold or only magic damage?

Only magic damage (unless the runeword is bugged or something of course) and not elemental. No idea if it makes a difference in duelling.

Reactions: d2lover
The unholy bolts from the greater mummies are magic I think, and there are also the guest monster vipers of Act V casting bone spears. For efficiency purposes I am sure there are many better options against monsters, but crafted items are rare and stylish so go ahead and use them if you can.

For PvP purposes, magic damage numbers can get so absurdly high that 10% is probably enough to badly hurt most chars, nevermind the 90% that gets through...

Once upon a long ago I looked really hard at 1.08 safety craft shields, which can get over double the bonus of modern, and even those just don't make enough difference to really offset what you potentially lose from runewords/uniques from shield slot.

Possible exception would be melee pala, when facing zerker barb, but even that would have to be a ridiculously good rolls on your 4 affixes.

So, which crafts are worth it in 1.14d, if you have access to 1.08 and 07 and preLoD rares?

if you don't need manaleech from a ring the bloodcraft ring is better made in 07
1.10+ caster amulet is still great if you need 11+ fc from this slot
weapons are better crafted in 07, and tbf used in 07

what about casterbelts for highlevelchars, is arach always better? i keep those magic vampire belts and sharksin belts, lol

what about blood amulet from 1.10+?
what about wyrmboots, are they decent?

@d2lover
Worth it: caster amulets
Maybe worth it: blood rings
Probably not worth it but mayyybe??: blood gloves, hitpower and caster gloves (hoping for 2/20 java), safety amulets

and caster gloves for java obviously are not worth it if you time travel and can have the huge mpk rings.

Modern Caster belts could potentially knock Arach out of competition altogether, if char can reach desired fcr bp with 5-10fcr. 1.08 crafts could theoretically as well, with up to 15%fcr, but rare-only affix pool in 1.08 is missing a few affixes that make it more of a 'hail-Mary' type possibility (iirc... it's been a bit since I looked at it thoroughly).

Generally speaking, Arachs is default option for casters needing fcr for a reason... all crafting has that drawback of having to get automod at good levels, combined with getting the right affixes as well. So, possible? Yes, most definitely. Probable? Lolz... depends on what 2^xxxxx number you think of as cutoff point, so not really, no.

EDIT:
@d2lover
Worth it: caster amulets
Maybe worth it: blood rings
Probably not worth it but mayyybe??: blood gloves, hitpower and caster gloves (hoping for 2/20 java), safety amulets

and caster gloves for java obviously are not worth it if you time travel and can have the huge mpk rings.
I'd put modern blood rings in 'Worth it' category, solely based on the high probability of big dual-leech and big +strength.

Of course, I'd put all crafts in the 'Maybe' category, just for the massive stylepoints involved when cube manages to spit out that @WoRG-tier item

Also, there comes a point when you already have all the default options and use them regularly... it's nice to open the char screen and not see the same exact thing on every char you play (does that fall under 'style'? Or just 'not boring'?)

Last edited:
are there chars that really don't need that skillpoint AND require 5-10 fcr from this slot?

maybe some tele-concentrater for nilathak?
Provided I could reach desired bp, I'd give up +1skills for +20str/+60HP/24%FHR/+30%single res on most any char.

Reactions: saracen85
I crafted some sharkskin belts, got 1 10fcr, but lvlreq 72 and all others where lvlreq 47, no 10 fcr :(

I know I could craft with a lvl1 char with ilvl 1 belts, but I kinda want that shot at a good 4 row belt for highlevel too! :D

also, since i pindle now, it could take some while for arach^^

here are the stats:

Code:
Eagle Strap
Sharkskin Belt
Defense: 55
Durability: 8 of 14
Required Level: 72
Required Strength: 20
Fingerprint: 0x49d4087f
Item Level: 91
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+49% Enhanced Defense
+18 to Strength
+16 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 5%
Cold Resist +24%
Lightning Resist +12%

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamie and Luhkoh
Provided I could reach desired bp, I'd give up +1skills for +20str/+60HP/24%FHR/+30%single res on most any char.
My standards are somewhat lower..

10fcr/10+fhr/20+str/life is deemed good enough arachs substitute for me.. 😅

My favorite..

Plague Harness
Vampirefang Belt
Defense: 60
Durability: 14 of 14
Required Level: 85
Required Strength: 50
Fingerprint: 0x95dd1da1
Item Level: 88
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+17% Faster Hit Recovery
+26 to Strength
+15 to Life
+17 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 7%
Fire Resist +23%

High rlvl is a bummer though (unfortunately, thanks to the 20+str iirc)

As for non-popular crafts, sometimes I go for safety rings. the PDR and MDR is useful even in small doses. And you still have a chance of getting fcr and leech.

The good blood rings with 8++ %life leech has rlvl 87. My characters normally don't go that high. Most of my better crafts are gathering e-dust.

Last edited:
if you have a 8 ll+, + manaleech(can be low), let me know, my Griswold pala is 94, and 95 is planned.

you might think that ll is not important with draculs, but until the LT casts, you have to get that bulb full!

Btw, what would you give a merc for a whirlwind barb?(non travincal!)

currently have Reapers toll Shael noneth
Duriels
Crown of the undead

want that decrepify fast, so maybe kiras (until i can cham guillaumes) and treachery?

My standards are somewhat lower..

10fcr/10+fhr/20+str/life is deemed good enough arachs substitute for me.. 😅

My favorite..

Plague Harness
Vampirefang Belt
Defense: 60
Durability: 14 of 14
Required Level: 85
Required Strength: 50
Fingerprint: 0x95dd1da1
Item Level: 88
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+17% Faster Hit Recovery
+26 to Strength
+15 to Life
+17 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 7%
Fire Resist +23%

High rlvl is a bummer though (unfortunately, thanks to the 20+str iirc)

As for non-popular crafts, sometimes I go for safety rings. the PDR and MDR is useful even in small doses. And you still have a chance of getting fcr and leech.

The good blood rings with 8++ %life leech has rlvl 87. My characters normally don't go that high. Most of my better crafts are gathering e-dust.
Lol, my standards aren't quite that high, I just wanted to highlight the possibilities... I'd absolutely use that belt, nice one!

Yeah, the rlvl 'penalty/feature' of crafting is a major drawback... makes the very best crafts nigh unusable...

which area can be cleared at p8 with a IK-barb? (ww)

i fear baalruns might be too slow and I'd have to constantly switch players inbetween certain waves
also baal himself caps itself at p3 i believe, experience wise

want to just rightclick and collect loot and level this leatherneck up^^

barb is 89 half, target is 94-95

Perusing ab wiki and came across this under whirlwind:

• Two-handed swords use one-handed breakpoints regardless of number of hands used to equip.
Can anyone confirm? Because this is huge, at least for me. Grandfather/Doombringer huge..

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High