Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

art_vandelay

Guide Author
Mar 13, 2019
Hey everyone,

this is the thread for anything D2 related that doesn't fit anywhere else. Whether you want to brag, discuss character builds, ask a small question, share a weird drop or post d2 info that doesn't warrant its own thread this is the place for you!

The original was started by @NorthDakota but he hasn't been around lately so I'm taking it on myself to get this tradition going again.

Key posts from the previous incarnation of this thread are preserved here

I'll start: I'm currently 16 hours into my first RFL set and I found a whopping 4 (!) Cow King's Horns and 2 Cow King's Hides. As usual I forgot to look for the boots :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, art. May I ask what's the story behind your avatar? I saw lots of references to it here and there in the forums but never found the exact story.

I'm curious :D

Reactions: Fruit and D2DC
@Ghonn People were (and still are) always talking about putting Cham in their Zerker's Shako and I kinda don't like barb enough to just Cham a Shako on a whim, so in the MFO thread last year I casually said that Cham'ing Shako is a waste. Then @yng picked that up in the IFT when socketing options for Shako came up. I changed my avatar to the current one before responding to him. :D

I hovered a Cham over an open socket Shako if I recall correctly, but the Cham ultimately went into a +11 Fire Absorb Steelshade, totally worth it :cool:

btw I totally forgot to do this in the start post: @D2DC please repost that thing were you stacked '- Light Radius' on a character and you couldn't see them anymore. :D So people will know what this thread is all about!

@D2DC Completely agree with you there. I'm not yet done with it, but you can bet that I'll go through all of that section to make that number disapear !

Reactions: Fruit
Yeah, the big red number on Media is annoying the shit out of my OCD. I should do that as well! :D

Reactions: Fruit
I feel like an idiot asking this, but I reserve the right to be one. Is there an easy way to instal 1.07 on a Win 10 machine? I'm certain I've seen this in several places before but can't find it right now.

Edit: By installing I mean to make it work. I have access to 1.07 files.

Last edited:
@Ghonn People were (and still are) always talking about putting Cham in their Zerker's Shako and I kinda don't like barb enough to just Cham a Shako on a whim, so in the MFO thread last year I casually said that Cham'ing Shako is a waste. Then @yng picked that up in the IFT when socketing options for Shako came up. I changed my avatar to the current one before responding to him. :D

I hovered a Cham over an open socket Shako if I recall correctly, but the Cham ultimately went into a +11 Fire Absorb Steelshade, totally worth it :cool:

btw I totally forgot to do this in the start post: @D2DC please repost that thing were you stacked '- Light Radius' on a character and you couldn't see them anymore. :D So people will know what this thread is all about!
Great story behind your avatar! I was never rich enough rune-wise to use a Cham that way anyways...

And wait, @D2DC did the -light radius stacking, too? I must have missed that! Definitely repost that, I'll try to dig up pics from my -Light Radius project, too! (they were lost in the great imageshack cleansing...)

So recently after viewing the Level 75 In Normal thread, I was curious about looking into other sorts of self imposed restrictions. The most extreme example I can recall is at some point there was a thread talking about optimizing leveling/gearing in solely the Blood Moor (it was a Holy Fire Paladin I believe). But it all made me curious about something like say, only leveling in Act X of Normal or things to that effect. It was intriguing enough that I was poking around at treasures classes and drop calcs to see what items might be possible to pickup and use in say, Act 1 Normal, and I was musing on builds and the like.

I had imagined that you'd be looking at somewhere in the low to mid 20s, assuming you could go after Level 15 Uniques in the Catacombs. Of course it being normal, monster levels are kind of all over the place so poking around there I was somewhat surprised to see that Andariel at Level 12 was actually not much of a level bump, in fact she's actually in fourth place as far as superuniques. Which leads me to my followup question of why is Bone Ash Level 17? Presumably because of his lack of minions?

Weirdness aside, it certainly means you could squeeze some extra levels out of Act 1 if you were so inclined. Not sure if I'll pull the trigger on seeing it through, but it's made me have to do some review of gambling, treasures classes, quality levels, and affixes of low level items, so in that respect the thought experiment was a success.

Reactions: Arctodus
@Xios The level 75 in Normal thread also made think about a Tournament I've been thinking about for a while now. One where you would gear yourself only with Normal quality items and try to beat Nightmare and Hell single pass. Highest rune available would be Amn (highest drop from Hellforge). No Extanded stash, no RWM (so no Spirit). So, you can farm Normal as much as you want, then single pass everything else. Maybe you could grind the Countess to up Normal gear, I don't know. Rares restricted only to normal base. The point would be to beat the game with an upped Rixot Keen or Bonesnap, something like that. It's just an idea I got. Does that sound fun or is it easier than I imagine ?

@Xios The level 75 in Normal thread also made think about a Tournament I've been thinking about for a while now. One where you would gear yourself only with Normal quality items and try to beat Nightmare and Hell single pass. Highest rune available would be Amn (highest drop from Hellforge). No Extanded stash, no RWM (so no Spirit). So, you can farm Normal as much as you want, then single pass everything else. Maybe you could grind the Countess to up Normal gear, I don't know. Rares restricted only to normal base. The point would be to beat the game with an upped Rixot Keen or Bonesnap, something like that. It's just an idea I got. Does that sound fun or is it easier than I imagine ?
Normal doesn't mean white, just normal quality, so they could be rare/magic/set/unique? Same restrictions for merc I guess? #NoMercInHell

Nothing is impossible, but melee classes would get harder times I guess...

If so I could put a step into with a necro summoner, maybe...get gold and skellies bonuses wands/headshields, Ort Sol (crafted I guess, or would it be really limited to Amn max?) in whatever lowish helm, it could be a path - or Circlets if they are allowed. I'll think about it deeper if you start something around that!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High