1.00 News, Info and Gossip

Two questions that I really oughta know the answers to:

1) What's the best clvl to imbue bows at for maximum damage? I know there's a point where you can get King's/Merciless, but a bunch of +resist% aren't in the affix pool.
2) Are the bow breakpoints in the old Basin guide accurate? https://web.archive.org/web/20010217032126/http://www.theamazonbasin.com/speedazon.html It seems solid, but has iffy information on skill damage in 1.04. I'm intrigued by the idea of 1-frame Strafe, even if only as a gimmick

On my phone at the moment so i cant search very easily...but an alarm goes off in my memory about bow damage being bugged pretty badly in 1.00.

I also would have to search to see/learn how imbuing worked in 1.00, specifically affix selection. If qlvl of the item isnt taken into account and the imbue is just clvl + 4 (?) like in modern patches than you could use galaxyhaxx's affix table to find the lvl high enough for kings but no silly resists.

Also there is always the option of farming a gothic bow cow king.

As far as ias, i think @art_vandelay posted a formula somewhere in the info spoilers of this thread about how to calculate breakpoints, but i am not sure if it was fcr ias or both...sorry, im not much help, but this is what i know off the top of my head

Reactions: DariusTriplet
The bow is for 1.04, so the ED% bug won't be an issue. Running the King in 1.00 is a good idea - I was planning to rush a full game and use their imbues for 24 rolls, but the King is probably more efficient, drops a ton of useful gear, and i can save the 1.04 imbues for Lances.

i've definitely gotten a 1.00 glass cannon bowazon to a4 hell. a gothic bow with +2 and ias is pretty good. +max or min is a bonus. the ED bug isn't a death sentence for 1.00, just sayin'...

Reactions: ziambe
Monsters don't have massive HP in classic; that was added with 1.10 IIRC.

If you like a build, do it. Even if it is not S tier, or even A or B tier. Doing the build you like will help remind you why you are still spending time on this game, and still enjoying it.

Reactions: ziambe
@ziambe I briefly poked my nose into the 2024 goals thread and behold, the first response has 1.00 near the top and so I clicked on it. And you want a fancy ring. I'm tagging you to let you know such rings do in fact exist! (Attached) (I'm taking this opportunity to show off. And also to give yo hope :D )

Infinite mf works to force sets or better at two rituals iirc, and in 1.06 it will force rares. I'm currently somewhere in 280ish range for my unidentified rare rings project (goal of 522).

I haven't tried this myself, but I've been told on discord (and it's also in some versions patch notes, I think 1.10?) about full set bonuses remaining after death. Using this, you can die over and over with milabrega set on to achieve level 99 holy shock (and level 99 every skill, given +2 paladin skills per death). Again I haven't tested it. The way the person said it indicates it might be a pvp only thing (die in pvp, skills work at pvm), but it could be me misunderstanding. Anyway, if it does work either way, then level 99 prayer should make farming rituals trivial, and then level 99 holy shock to go full clear all the open zones in the game for your boot hunting. It's an idea at least, and may be worth looking into.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-08 095610.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-08 095610.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
@ziambe I briefly poked my nose into the 2024 goals thread and behold, the first response has 1.00 near the top and so I clicked on it. And you want a fancy ring. I'm tagging you to let you know such rings do in fact exist! (Attached) (I'm taking this opportunity to show off. And also to give yo hope :D )

Infinite mf works to force sets or better at two rituals iirc, and in 1.06 it will force rares. I'm currently somewhere in 280ish range for my unidentified rare rings project (goal of 522).

I haven't tried this myself, but I've been told on discord (and it's also in some versions patch notes, I think 1.10?) about full set bonuses remaining after death. Using this, you can die over and over with milabrega set on to achieve level 99 holy shock (and level 99 every skill, given +2 paladin skills per death). Again I haven't tested it. The way the person said it indicates it might be a pvp only thing (die in pvp, skills work at pvm), but it could be me misunderstanding. Anyway, if it does work either way, then level 99 prayer should make farming rituals trivial, and then level 99 holy shock to go full clear all the open zones in the game for your boot hunting. It's an idea at least, and may be worth looking into.
Oh boy that's a beauty!! I will have to step back into my time machine soon!

The set bonus persisting on death is known and documented in the bugs or news,info,gossip thread iirc

I was thinking on gambling and/or cow king first as i have quite a pile of gold to spend, before trying rituals (im currently leveling a full p8 of mules to 99 in 1.07 and getting 4 rituals before every run- i wouldnt mind not having to farm rituals for a change!)

The problem is that the rituals last significantly shorter in 1.00 (maybe even less than 1 hour?), so i need to look into that matter before finalizing my plan...

Looking forward to your ring results :p

Interesting, I didn't know the ritual persist less. I haven't had them run out in 1.06 yet, but I probably haven't even stayed in a game for an hour after completing them, and I didn't look into them too much in 1.00 because it's only "at least set". It may be that the first ritual wears off before the 2nd on is fully applied, and that's why It doesn't force rares 🤔

I've found I like stacking two rituals and farming Council + Arcane to be much more enjoyable than cow king runs. In particular, I don't have to worry about rerolling a good map because they're all basically equal, and I don't have to consider dupes because I reroll the map every time. Gambling is of course a nice mindless low energy option, and can yield very good results, so good luck!

Started 1.00 recently, but what's the deal with sets? Could not find the info anywhere, are there no partial set bonuses? Found sigon's gloves and boots but didn't get anything extra. I guess they really are useless according to one of the time travel guides. I was lucky enough to find some nice rare pikes from normal cow king at least!

Yes, no partial set bonuses in 1.0 those came with 1.07, with the on-piece partial set bonuses (green font) on the class-sets being absent until 1.10.
1.0 set pieces also always have exactly two stats on them, which makes all but maybe Signon's shield and Death's belt useless.

• Sad
Reactions: DenimChicken
Started 1.00 recently, but what's the deal with sets? Could not find the info anywhere, are there no partial set bonuses? Found sigon's gloves and boots but didn't get anything extra. I guess they really are useless according to one of the time travel guides. I was lucky enough to find some nice rare pikes from normal cow king at least!
A lot of the essential info for 1.00 is buried in the archived 1.00 news, info, gossip thread. Worth a read if you commit to 1.00!

(The first few pages of this thread are identical, just harder to read because everything is a quote/reply)

Reactions: DenimChicken
the official strategy guide on archive dot orb is also very useful, but be sure to check the date that specific pages were archived, as it may not be completely accurate info for 1.00

the original lurker lounge forum also exists on waybackmachine. unsure how useful it is because you would have to sift through a LOT of stuff. although i have not checked how many threads actually got archived. this site was still still live until a few years ago. i should have archived it all myself. alas.

the official strategy guide on archive dot orb is also very useful, but be sure to check the date that specific pages were archived, as it may not be completely accurate info for 1.00

the original lurker lounge forum also exists on waybackmachine. unsure how useful it is because you would have to sift through a LOT of stuff. although i have not checked how many threads actually got archived. this site was still still live until a few years ago. i should have archived it all myself. alas.

Thanks that's really cool! It's funny to see it named Chaos Sanctuary, realizing there was no arreat summit in the game yet lol. But yeah that is a useful resource.

Using this, you can die over and over with milabrega set on to achieve level 99 holy shock (and level 99 every skill, given +2 paladin skills per death). Again I haven't tested it.
I tested this yesterday first with level 102 holy shock. It was extremely weak still and so i tried level 200 holy shock. Also worthless, both swinging damage and pulse. Same is true for holy fire.

What works is thorns (4250% returned damage anyone?) But that requires you to take damage which is too risky once you collect a ritual. Prayer eats mana too fast and heals too slow compared to the damage you take in hell and thats already on /p1.

Blessed hammer works of course too, but the lack of buyable mana potions and insight are all to evident. Of course you can switch to meditation but i found myself often oom before all nearby monsters were dead and then i had to sit there and let them stomp me while meditation was running. Maybe more points in energy, 2 sojs and frostburns could solve this though.

I didnt put a point into zeal because i think that would mean 102 consecutive swings (lol) based on the buggy 1.00 skill.

I think necromancer might be a better option and will test that as soon as i find an infernal cranium (has somehow eluded me till now...). Level 60+ bone armor for collecting rituals, maybe even bone prison, and poison nova/dagger/corpse explosion for killing seem like they would be more promising than the paladin's toolkit.

Im open to more ideas though. the gear limitations of 1.00 make collecting rituals and actually killing stuff a completely different experience than what im used to. Any tips?

I do two rituals in 1.06 for forced rares. Run back and forth in place until they start. Then I clear only arcane sanctuary and high council looking for rare rings. I just mentioned the set skill stacking because I hadn't heard about it before and thought it might be interesting. Whirlwind barbarian kills plenty quick in those narrow spaces, so taking the time to die 50 times before starting ritual is already not worth it for effectiveness, only for novelty imo.

I do two rituals in 1.06 for forced rares. Run back and forth in place until they start. Then I clear only arcane sanctuary and high council looking for rare rings. I just mentioned the set skill stacking because I hadn't heard about it before and thought it might be interesting. Whirlwind barbarian kills plenty quick in those narrow spaces, so taking the time to die 50 times before starting ritual is already not worth it for effectiveness, only for novelty imo.
Hmmm ok. It seems that 2 rituals in 1.00 do not have the same effect as you describe in 1.06.

I've now gambled all my gold reserves and have 3 ideas left for farming (maggots /p8, sell drops, infernal set bonus bug, plain old cow king farming), but none of these will benefit from rituals

I might have to forwards one of my maggot barbs to 1.06! First I'll check the patch notes to see what was changed regarding MF

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High