A Breath of Fresh Air ... A New Item Find Thread

Some rerolled GCs:

Graverobber's Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x1054b3c1
Item Level: 94
Version: Resurrected
+1 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only)

Graverobber's Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x47a0b34e
Item Level: 96
+1 to Summoning Skills (Necromancer Only)
+28 to Life

Captain's Grand Charm of Inertia
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x7455a743
Item Level: 93
+1 to Offensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)
+7% Faster Run/Walk

Some other finds:

flamebellow04.jpg

ravenlore03.jpg

3 minutes ago:

1705271744659.png

What the hell is THIS? :eek::love::cool:

I'm playing the game for over 20 years, I've finished the grail, including runes and the closest I ever came was 15/38, I think.

I found a decent Dusk Shroud base for ‘Bramble’ for my Poison Necro the other day, so I finally made the rune word this morning:
IMG_0092.jpeg

The Thorns roll is on the low side, but I am very pleased with the +47% Poison Skill Damage! :love:

As for my Torch farming initiative, I finally had a breakthrough and scored a Paladin Torch:
IMG_0094.jpeg

I consider this to basically be one point off perfect, so I’m happy with it. It’s so easy to max a Paladin’s resistance that the all res. roll on the Pally Torch seems unimportant to me.

Out of 17 Torches farmed thus far, 11 of them have been either Druid or Necro 😑 Enough of those already! Still zero Amazon Torches.

So I recently leveled a LF zon and started running cows at players 7. I thought wow I might get some cool runes eventually! It's the second day and I've found a Pul, a Mal, and then...

Screenshot (52).png

WTF! That didn't take long! First one I've ever found, though I've been getting a lot of firsts in D2R including the Infinity my merc was rocking here. Apparently the odds in players 7 cows was over a million to one, so I can thank my recent new Infinity for making that more likely.

Now comes struggling to figure out what to do with it! I would like to make a BotD even if its not the best melee weapon because it's so cool and iconic, and I even found an eth berzerker axe earlier in the week! However I'm worried about it being worse than Grief (actually have a perfect ED one o_O) in every instance, and I'd like expensive runewords to be useful on multiple characters. I'm leaning towards an eth Superior Great Poleaxe with 14% ed that I had laying in my extended stash! I could use it on a fury druid, a sick ww barb, and even on various mercs, and it just sounds cool as hell.

The struggle is there are always other uses for zods.... I have an eth reapers toll that would possibly be one of the best zod'd weapons for a fury druid, but not useful for anything else. I could wait until i get an unfortunate eth griffons or a 3 socket eth tomb reaver but I might be waiting forever. On the other hand, occasionally I jump the gun and slightly regret a decision I make with rare runes down the line. One thing I will say is that zods are much more interesting online where they are cheap and you can afford to zod various eth weapons for fun. Any advice would be great, but I'll probably be making the BotD GPoleaxe before long!

Any advice would be great, but I'll probably be making the BotD GPoleaxe before long!
Congrats!

When I found my Zod rune, I'd been saving a good base for a loooooooooooong time, so it was an easy choice for me. See the first post in this thread. ;)

I'd say you should just put it in a stash and wait a bit (keeping it in the shared stash seems risky to me 😬). Maybe you get a nice GPA, but maybe not. I think that using it in an ethereal weapon unique/rare isn't a terrible idea. If you were to find a well-rolled eth Ribcracker, that'd be a worthy use. The examples you cited are good too.

Well earned, DenimChicken! :cool:

You might enjoy this thread by ffs, to see the interesting items that he chose to socket with his Zods. There is also this archived thread of a vast multiple-year project by Grape, showing how he made and used his Zodded weapons.

I found my second Zod in the same place as yours, during our rune finding tournament almost three years ago. It languished in a stash for another year and a half before I used it to build and quest with an eBoTD great poleaxe. I was also lucky enough to find an ethereal three-socket Tomb Reaver, and I expect that it will get one of my other Zods someday, but I haven't committed yet.

Last edited:
Always nice to see a beauty like that @DenimChicken ! I vote ebotd gpa but did you consider obsession?
Ah yeah I thought it was cool that they made a new Zod runeword, unfortunately it doesn't seem worth it compared to a Hoto/Spirit unless you get some insane base I guess. It's a neat item but if I only find one zod rune ever I wouldn't want to use it for that.

And I appreciate all the feedback! I looked through some of the other zod related threads, pretty crazy to see how many some people found! I don't know when I'll get another, but I tend to be a bit impatient with using new hotness to keep my interest in the game up, so I'll probably use that nice Sup Great Poleaxe base soon. Good excuse to use my fury druid again, and then probably make a cool 2 hand ww barb. Always nice to have that option on a merc as well, the ias will be pretty nice for that. And it'll just be cool have a BotD finally. Cheers everyone!

Reactions: snickersnack
Ah yeah I thought it was cool that they made a new Zod runeword, unfortunately it doesn't seem worth it compared to a Hoto/Spirit unless you get some insane base I guess. It's a neat item but if I only find one zod rune ever I wouldn't want to use it for that.
I used my one-and-only Zod to make an ‘Obsession’ staff. I felt it was worth it simply because I have a strong preference for the aesthetics of a staff-wielding Sorceress. I honestly didn’t even use a good base for it, because that is something I didn’t want to get hung up on an obsess over 😂 I can see how on paper it’s not optimal, but I love it anyhow. I think ‘Obsession’ is a really nice addition to the game. I just wish it didn’t cost a Zod. Dual ‘Spirit’ is dirt cheap. ‘HotO’ and ‘Spirit’ is still relatively inexpensive. Requiring a Zod for ‘Obsession’ seems a tad unfair…

For most folks, I think ‘Breath of the Dying’ in a nice ethereal base is going to be the preferred way to spend a Zod. Can’t go wrong with that!

———

In other item finding news: On a whim last night I re-tooled one of my Barbs for max FRW to try running LK again. I don’t enjoy LK runs, so this will probably end up as a failed experiment. But in less than 30 minutes of messing around last night and today at lunch, I scored one Gul rune. So even if I give up on this project tomorrow, it still won’t have been a waste! I am going to try doing ~10-15 runs a day. It will add up over time, slow and steady. Eventually I’ll get a lucky drop.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High