Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

How sure are you on that, @krischan ?
I cannot recall personal experience, but the affixes appear for helms on the German affix calculator (which is working again BTW).

Whatever, I made a cow portal next to Charsi and checked a couple of helms. Here are a few discoveries:

I didn't know this can occur on helms:
View attachment 10866

Nor this one, although barb helms are better anyway:
View attachment 10867

My first CoA on single player! I didn't check for sockets, however.
View attachment 10868

..and finally:
View attachment 10869

I cannot recall personal experience, but the affixes appear for helms on the German affix calculator (which is working again BTW).

Whatever, I made a cow portal next to Charsi and checked a couple of helms. Here are a few discoveries:

I didn't know this can occur on helms:
View attachment 10866

Nor this one, although barb helms are better anyway:
View attachment 10867

My first CoA on single player! I didn't check for sockets, however.
View attachment 10868

..and finally:
View attachment 10869

I wonder how rare a Master's crown of the whale would be. Finding one of those in 1.07 would be super dope, assuming you also get 3 sockets from larzuk

I know what I would change.. spells with cooldowns (other than blizzard) lowered down to like 0.5 seconds, or have cast speed lower cooldown in some way (I believe PoE has a modifier for this).

Do they behave the same way as objects (for drops)? I don't recall how these things are groups together

I'm not exactly sure yet. More research is needed.

Can anyone speak to if this curiosity has survived to the current version of the game? This was taken in 1.00. The top pile is from the river of flame and the bottom one is from the outer steppes.

"Skullpile" is only found in River of Flame and Chaos Sanctuary, while "Skull Pile" is found multiple areas in Act 2, 3 and 4.
As far as I know the only differences are in the name and the animations when you click on them.
Containers simply drop according to the area they're in, so don't expect anything special. :p
(They still use those names in 1.14d.)

@ffs I'd definitely participate.

I'm planning to host the RFL at the same time again, btw. Seems to work, so no changes to that concept, I think :)

Plenty of time before that to have some MF/RF fun, and any other tournaments people may come up with.

Cool @Grape. By "same time" you mean Nov/Dec or same time as last RFL? If Nov/Dec maybe it would make sense to have the other tourney soon-ish. Would be fine by me in any case!

Oh, I mean same as the last one, and I think the first one was also. Starting somewhere down the spring, ending up almost summer / summer. :)

I plan to keep it as once a year tradition, so that there's plenty of room for other tournaments as well. It takes quite some weeks, after all.

Hammerdin is probably the char which does best with low level runewords. 2x spirit, stealth, lore nets a lot of skills, resists, mana and fcr.

I went with this advice and 437 days later I find myself standing at the Arreat Summit...

View attachment 10928

View attachment 10929

:D

Thanks forum for all the inspiration and hello to anyone that watched on twitch, here's the final clip (little bit of bad language in there)
https://clips.twitch.tv/AltruisticTardyKalePoooound

I'll be starting something new soon (promise i'll post in the forum threads this time), you can follow along at https://www.twitch.tv/1have2much3time , cheers! :)

I'm trying to figure out the best WW barb build for running p8 baal. So far I've come up with

Dual griefs (phase blades. I realize that berserker axe is better, but I can't be bothered with repairing them)
Gface (40ed jewel / strength?)
Enigma
Highlords
Laying of hands for demons, Ghoulhide for undead. Steelrend for general.
Gore riders
Dual rare rings with attack rating, damage, strength and leech. What about using Wisp Projector for lvl 5 heart of the wolverine charges?
Belt slot is pretty weird. Razortail does give +10 max damage, but I'm pretty sure its not worth losing the defensive attributes of other belts. Maybe arachnid, since +1 skills does give WW and sword mastery some extra damage.

Switch wizardspikes / hotos / suicide branches

Spec as much as you can into strength without giving up survivability for the strength bonus. Equip full inventory of fine charms.

Might Merc
Andariels visage (30fr/15ias)
Eth Reapers toll for decrepify
Treachery

I read once that a Cold Arrow Rogue Merc has less range than a Fire Arrow Rogue - Anyone got any more info on this?

firearrow exists for 40 frames while coldarrow exists for only 20 frames. Both of those missiles use the same speed, so the firearrow should go twice as far.
Keep in mind though that the awareness radius of the Rogue is probably smaller than the maximum range of a Fire Arrow, so she won't shoot until monsters are already closer than the maximum range of Fire Arrow. (Not sure, just a guess.)

Thanks @Fruit - one of those things I have always gone by, but never checked. Good to know it is correct!

Now I just need to select my Merc Gear:

Faith Ward Bow, lvl14 Fanaticism:
Giant Skull + CoH = 9FPA
Fortitude + Andariel’s = 9FPA
Treachery + Andariel’s = 8FPA

I will probably run with one of the first two - Any other setups anyone is using?

Last edited:
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High