The Untwinked Level 99 Progress Thread, Revenge of the 99ers

Code:
- What do you guys think of using a wind druid for the untwinked 99'er challenge? Viable?
Definitely viable.
Code:
- How easy/ difficult are the primary attacks to master? I read about tornado's having a mind of their own.
Depends on HC/SC really. In HC a decent set of gear is required since it's a in your face type of caster almost like a Hammerdont. Enigma is suuuuuuuuuuuuuper helpful in any case as positioning is key. Not very hard to master more like hard to get used to at first.
Code:
- What advice do you have for skill progression?
If you don't mind a bit of a distraction from the wind I'd definitely suggest going pure Fire (Fissure) for normal and nightmare. So much less hassle of mana management. Everything drops like flies. Otherwise it's pretty much max Tornado > Hurricane > Cyclone Armor > Twister with points in Oak Sage and Grizzly/Wolfs.
Code:
- Which skills work well besides the synergies for hurricane and tornado? Oak sage/ Heart of the wolverine/ vines/ Grizzly?
Personal preference really. I'd go with Oak Sage and 1pt Grizzly/Wolfs.
Code:
- Where do you suggest to let this guy farm uniques and runes? Is he a descent LK runner?
I don't think LK will be much fun walking. Stacking FRW and stuff might be ok but I would definitely look for alternatives. Eldrich/Shenk/Pindle sound like a much faster approach after you've got the basics off Andy and Meph. Travincal is also an option after that. It really depends on drops, what you find and most importantly what you feel like doing. On the other hand a Windy needs his runewords (read: Enigma!). Pits is always a great option for Physical damage based characters.
Code:
- What item setup do you suggest for windy and merc? Links to descent builds?
General rule of thumb 99%FCR vs 163%FCR. Going for the 99% BP is much easier without niche stuff so yeah. It really depends on weather you go maxblock. Since I think it's sort of essential I'd suggest a Stormshield setup. The Spirit Setup allows for easy 163% BP without block but you're in the thick of things and I just don't think it's practical. Then again I play HC so what do I know? :p

Helm: Harlequin Crest; there are alternatives but you can't go wrong with it
Armor: Enigma
Weapon: HotO/Wizardspike
Shield: Stormshield
Gloves: Magefist; without Insight it will help with the mana regen more than Trang's.
Belt: Arach; again there are alternatives but the FCR opens up Ring/Ammy slots
Boots: Your pick. I'd go with Waterwalks (for Dex+Life) or War travs (for MF)
Ammy: Mara's/+Dru craft/rare it really depends on what you find
Rings: Same story here. Filling FCR/Resists. SoJ is big help to the mana pool.

Merc:
Reaper's toll. If you learn to live without Insight it's by far the best choice period.
Armor/Helm: Depends on what you find/what target are you running. Generally VGaze+Fortitude is my go to combo if I'm not looking for anything else specific.

Code:
Now, which name to choose...
Stormchaser... obviously :D

Last edited:
@srrw pretty much nailed it in terms of Windy stuff. I'll just add a couple things:

- If you're going to walk LK (you probably are at first), make a Harmony bow for the Vigor aura. It's not actually that bad, you can easily get ~40s runtimes, and walking allows you to easily hit a whole ton of poppables along the way. Once you have Enigma, you're off to the races. Klaus is at the 99% fcr breakpoint and achieving 30s runtimes with poppables quite easily.

- Oak/How, and then grizzly should get your remaining points. Oak if you want life, HoW if you are comfy and want your merc/Griz to kill a wee bit faster. I prefer Oak, and you should too if you're HC.

- I don't actually mind Tornado's pathing. It takes getting used to, but what doesn't?

- You absolutely want Reaper's if you can find it. You'll be spending time in the Pits and Druids can carry MF while staying safe pretty well, so it's not out of the question to find one (but as always, don't count on it ;))

- I made a general leveling rundown for Southpaw when he started his Windy. Although it is aimed at all classes, it has a lean towards Windy info (with a helpful link in there to Baaling strats too) since that's what he was asking about. Basically, Pits->Ventar->Baal.

Welcome to the fray, enjoy yourself, and keep us updated. :)

Wholly agree with @Pb_pal and @srrw. Windy is definitely viable, and since the end-game gear is either runewords or relatively common S&Us, generally a good choice for an untwinked 99er. @Burgomaster3 and @Ashenshugar are both running with a Windy as well I think.

Though I'd add that LK is the fastest way by far to farm those essential runes for Enigma, Hoto, and CtA. As @Pb_pal mentioned it's ~30-40s running with Harmony bow, which is fast enough to actually be certain that they will drop before you lose your mind. :) It's not just for runes though, LK is generally a great target especially for untwinked characters since you will also load up on charms (skillers hopefully, life/res SCs etc.) and crafting materials. I know some people don't like it that much, but personally I don't mind running it at all, for me it's kind of relaxing while watching a series or something after work. In fact, maybe I should make another entry just to do some LK running. ;)

I've had streaks where I would find Enigma in 5 hours of LK. But currently I'm 20h in (rough estimate, most likely more) with a Sur/Gul/Ist to show for. Not even Mals or Ums. My runtimes are 20-25s. So that would be 40h running without teleport. I'd go mad. Hehe. That's why I suggested different locations for runes.

I know everyone is sugesting merc with Reapers, but this can be tricky to get, especially if You don't want to spent lots of hours killing Mephisto...I had two Windies (both reached lvl 93 in HC) and always used Barbarian merc with Lawbringer - and never looked back...You can get this weapon even in NM, and Decrepify speeds up Your journey so much, so i do not see any reason to avoid it ...atleast before finding Reapers...My two cents

I know everyone is sugesting merc with Reapers, but this can be tricky to get, especially if You don't want to spent lots of hours killing Mephisto...I had two Windies (both reached lvl 93 in HC) and always used Barbarian merc with Lawbringer - and never looked back...You can get this weapon even in NM, and Decrepify speeds up Your journey so much, so i do not see any reason to avoid it ...atleast before finding Reapers...My two cents

So the other benefits of Lawbringer (like Decrepify and Sanctuary) help to keep the merc alive, despite having no enhanced physical damage on it? This is a very interesting alternative that I hadn't thought of....

Never had real problems with merc survival...Keep in mind, that Barbarian mercs are healing fastest from all merc types, and on top of this You have huge life bonus from Your Oak sage and lately from CtA...Merc is there for slowing effect via Decrepify curse, nothing more...Maby nice CB delivery against Act bosses, but thats all...

Sanctuary is also a pretty nice safety bonus in CS because it’ll KB all undead. If you make it in an Eth Legend Sword and give him a Leech Helmet he’ll still be able to sustain himself pretty well as Sanctuary will pierce undead DR for his attacks.

As mentioned in previous posts, I was one rune short of making Grief and Death runewords.

I cashed in my Ancients Quest and took on Baal. Guardian Terrahork emerged victorious!

View attachment 10405

I killed Baal probably 15 times or so with absolutely nothing good dropping, until I the nice orange item I was after appeared!

After that it was back to Travincal! It would seem I used up a lot of RNG in the tournament... An early Um drop was followed by a really long time of nothing (rune-wise at least) as I'm now >90% of the way to 92 almost entirely from p3 Travincal. However, tonight I got a break and the last required Um dropped!

View attachment 10406

On the plus side, I was able to pick up a few other goodies including a few pretty nice AR charms on the way!

With my ducks now in a row, it was time to cube...

Almost ready!

View attachment 10412

And the results....

Will be posted later on this weekend! \o/

Last edited:
I agree about a Windy being viable for the quest to 99. Welcome to the fun !!! Btw, may I suggest AT as leveling and mf spot? Windies are told to be pretty good in that area. Although I agree that you'll absolutely want Enigma, so you can try to luck out in AT or another spot like Pindle / Eldritch, but otherwise LK will be the place to be.

O yes, and +1 to Lawbringer until you have Reaper's.

Continuing Orion's journey, I felt like heading out to the supermarket with a Town Portal tome and Wirt's Leg in hand to stock up on some ground beef, and what a great find to prepare for Nightmare!

View attachment 10414

I'm going to continue using Holy Freeze well into Nightmare, as I've found that you can generally lean on a single damage element throughout most of it. I'll probably start running into trouble around Act V, naturally. HF is already maxed, but I am unsure if I should next max Zeal for my AR, or boost Resist Cold for more damage.

Any tips for my HF Zealer heading into NM?

I sugest maxing Sacrifice first (synergy for Zeal), this way You will get nice Cold AND Physical dmg, its better for killing (not problems lately with Cold immunes monsters or Cold enchanted ones) and at the same time, it helps Yoour survival ability - more physical dmg, more Life leech, easier to survive combat...Then probably Resist cold for more cold dmg...

You can get AR from various charms or equipement, i've played many different Zealots (pure, Tesla, Freezer) and never maxed Zeal...In my eyes, its one pointer, with enough + skills You can get easily 5hits with Zeal, and thats what this skill is all about

so my classic sorc kept going in cs 90-120 k a run viz/infec runs at p7 (with escapes it came around 100 k) i averaged around 5 mil/h for the later part of the lvl drops were kinda bad since i run 0 mf atm i usaly did andy p7 with 200 mf till i found 5 uniq rings and then id'd them at the same time since the first 70 rings didnt work (complaining works so thats what i did) and of the first 5 ring set the second ring was soj (#72) sweeeet then i would dod 200-300 cs runs around 20-30 mil 12-15 % of my lvl would take around 4-6 hours then end with another set of andy's no soj then.. oh wel. Next morning did another set and found another soj at (#83) so now i just need more for sockets if i find any gg helm/chest/shield for now i will use twitch + 3 socket pdiamond tower so only a helm is a option for 38 life also found a decent battle hammer and a banana style grim helm that was everything drop wise
now the most important part i dinged 93 after a 7-8 day grind of 200-300 runs a day
now starts the hard part since i checked and cs gave me at

p7 18-21 k a run would take me almost 10 k runs
p8 dia gives me 96.4 k +5.3 k from p1 cs so 100k would take 1900 runs
so dia runs it is unless i take 5 times as long to kill dia as clear cs at p1
i am gonna go tri-spec since there double immune to often
there are a few options
i got 104 talent points - 1 teleport - 1 telekinesis - 1 static - 1 frozen armor -1 shiver - 5 prequest orb - 1 warmth
so that leave me with 93 points
frost wise its clear orb is probaly the best at lower /players i will do 20/20 orb for sure the only question is how much in frost bolt cold mastery i will start with like a few points in frozen bolt + like lvl 13(+4) 17 cold mastery and see if the kill speed is good enough so probaly around 40 points will go into cold maybe more if needed
that leaves me with 53 points for fire+light

then my fire spells that i will use on the seis/(vizir when immune) i have 3 options fireball meteor or firewall since the seis/vizir dont move at all when not in melee range all 3 are a option just not sure what scales best and how many points i should use
my lightning spells i will use on the seis/infector when they are immune i dont need a ton of lightning dmg since i can also static them so i woulld probaly need a lower dmg number then fire for this but i can choose between lightning bolt (multiple hits on same target) or lighting and the frame diffrence because of fcr will make a large diffrence

i am just not sure on how to balance them yet i gues i can just put a few points into each and see where i struggle dmg wise and balance that out i got +4 skills soj,soj and neck and mage fist for +1 fire the only decent option for another skill point is tarnhelm but i cant atm because of resists

any advice is welcome on what skills to choose and how to balance the tri-spec

[HIGHLIGHT]Hall of Fame[/HIGHLIGHT]
Rich (BB code):
Forumite         Character        SC/HC  Class  Level  Exp   Date        E/S  S/U   Grail  Deaths  Hours
---------------  ---------------  -----  -----  -----  ----  ----------  ---  ----  -----  ------  -----
zticazzy         Perkele          SC     Barb   99     3.52  2016-07-12  No      -      -       -      -
Pb_pal           Eleanor          SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2016-11-09  No   3068    437       5      -
NanoMist         Izuna            SC     Sin    99     3.52  2016-12-25  No   5109    470       4    360
PhineasB         Mercy            SC     Sin    99     3.52  2017-05-23  Yes     -    475      11      -
PhineasB         Hiatus           SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2017-12-25  Yes     -    471      21      -
ffs              HelpYourself     SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2018-04-29  Yes     -    447       -      -
[HIGHLIGHT]Questing Heroes[/HIGHLIGHT]
Rich (BB code):
Forumite         Character        SC/HC  Class  Level  Exp   Date        E/S  S/U   Grail  Deaths  Hours
---------------  ---------------  -----  -----  -----  ----  ----------  ---  ----  -----  ------  -----
Neksja           Aura             SC     Pala   98.93  3.50  2018-08-04  Yes  lots    479       -      -
T72on1           Neverland        SC     Sorc   98.66  3.42  2018-07-29  Yes  lots    480      13    300+
Yng              Sophie           SC     Sorc   98.44  3.35  2018-07-14  Yes     -      -      10      -
PhineasB         Phaedrus         SC     Pala   98.1   3.26  2018-07-10  Yes     -    370      13      -
ffs              Ric              SC     Necro  97     2.96  2018-07-10  Yes     -      -       -      -
darkstarhub      Neptune          SC     Sorc   97     2.96  2018-07-23  Yes     -    470       -      - 
Bewitch          itssoftcore      SC     Sorc   96     2.85  2018-07-02  Yes     -      -       -      -
PhineasB         Pestilence       SC     Necro  96     2.84  2018-07-31  Yes     -      -       -      -
Ashenshugar      Natur            SC     Druid  96     2.71  2018-04-24  Yes  2529      -       -      -
Gynli            Amazon           SC     Ama    96     2.71  2018-06-14  Yes     -      -       -      -
CrustyRusty      Space_Oddity     SC     Ama    95     2.49  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
RIP              Kaira_II         HC     Sin    94     2.32  2018-07-03  Yes     -    318       -      -
Zenigma          Ayura            SC     Barb   93     2.11  2018-04-26  No      -      -       -      -
Pb_pal           Klaus            HC     Druid  93     2.09  2018-06-21  Yes     -      -       -      -
Potent           Challenge(CL)    SC     Sorc   92     1.96  2018-07-30  no      -      -       -      -
Hutton           Terrahork        HC     Barb   91     1.81  2018-07-30  Yes     -      -       -      -
Lord Molybdenum  Verisimilitude   SC     Ama    90     1.62  2018-06-02  No     98     77       3      -
Trapin'          ceegee           SC     Pala   90     1.62  2018-07-04  No      -      -       -      -
Zenigma          Gnosis           SC     Druid  89     1.56  2018-04-26  No      -      -       -      -
T72on1           ShouldBeEasy     HC     Pala   8_8    1.36  2018-06-26  Yes    59     52      NA     42
Lord Molybdenum  Cruise_Control   SC     Necro  87     1.25  2018-06-02  No    128    101      22      -
Burgomaster3     Hastur           SC     Druid  86     1.14  2018-07-02  Yes     -      -       -      -
Smittyphi        TheLongRun       SC     Sorc   85     1.11  2018-05-28  Yes    30      -     Yes      -
DaveW            Long_Term        SC     Sorc   84     0.97  2018-05-02  Yes Heaps      -    Lots     30+
sanguillen       GordonChen-UT    HC     Necro  81     0.80  2018-07-29  Yes     -      -       -      -
Xul's Gull       Xul              HC     Necro  81     0.74  2018-03-26  No      -      -       -      -
Vildecor         Trina            SC     Ama    80     0.68  2018-06-07  Yes     -      -       0      -
ioupainmax       Durnik           SC     Pala   79     0.63  2018-06-28  Yes   177    111       0      -
Burton Roberts   Arizona          SC     Ama    56     0.08  2018-06-12  No      -      -      15     38
Lord Molybdenum  Essa             SC     Sorc   55     0.08  2018-06-02  No     20     19       5      -
AlexTheNextOne   Orion            SC     Pala   49     0.00  2018-07-22  No     14      -       0     26
Pijus            AGoodBoy         HC     Druid  45     0.00  2018-05-29  Yes     -      -       -      -
kstuart          Nena             SC     Sorc   30     0.00  2018-07-22  Yes     -      -       -      -
RIP              Espada           HC     Necro  24     0.00  2018-06-01  Yes     -     13       -      -
DaveHutt         Alice            SC     Ama    13     0.00  2018-05-18  Yes     -      -       1      -
[HIGHLIGHT]Resting Heroes[/HIGHLIGHT]
Rich (BB code):
hasuprotoss      Reina            SC     Sorc   97     2.96  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes  1751    384       -      -
Tarantella       Tarasha          HC     Sorc   96     2.72  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Grim             Furious_Blonde   SC     Ama    96     2.72  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
XyleneCyanol     Fishie           HC     Sorc   95     2.49  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -
ThomasJohnsen    xInTheBuffx      HC     Sorc   95     2.49  2017-03-31  Yes     -      -       -      -
NamelessPenguin  Rockatansky      SC     Barb   95     2.49  2017-12-14  Yes     -      -       -      -
Dezrok           Salome           SC     Sorc   95     2.49  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   792    318       -      -
Reyz             Qty              SC     Sorc   93     2.10  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -
Me2Nik           Fugu             HC     Ama    93     2.10  2018-02-05  Yes    80      -       -      -
Chaostar         Prairie          SC     Sorc   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   659    261      12    126
OldSoldier       Battleforge      HC     Pala   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    236       -      -
kyndig           DrearyAura       HC     Sorc   91     1.76  2018-02-20  Yes     -      -       -      -
tokerdin         tokeress         SC     Sorc   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Southpaw         Njord            SC     Druid  90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Qwernt           CanbeOnlyBlizz   SC     Sorc   90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       ?      ?
MercMan          Este             SC     Ama    90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes  1212    278       2      ?
Lynchgrinch      Tattersail       SC     Sorc   89     1.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    321       ?      ?
LiquidClear      Sally            SC     Sin    **     1.36  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   225      -       1      -
liquid_mage      zDadColdSorc     SC     Sorc   **     1.36  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    160       -      -
Neksja           Turirao          SC     Druid  87     1.25  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   191    124       5      -
Gladstone        Socrates         HC     Druid  86     1.15  YYYY-MM-DD  -       -      -       -      -
hackedagainanda  Hugo             HC     Necro  85     1.05  2017-12-17  Yes     -      -       -      -
Naturallog       Athos            HC     Barb   84     0.96  YYYY-MM-DD  No    159    105       0      -
Qwernt           AmaAgainstAll    SC     Sorc   81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Gambit           Mallenroh        SC     Sorc   81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     0      0       0      0
Lord Molybdenum  But_Why          SC     Sin    81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  No     55     51      53      -
aarrgus          Acala            SC     Barb   80     0.68  2017-12-30  Yes     -      -       5      -
Jean Avila       SpeedAdict       SC     Ama    77     0.52  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -     50
logoutzero       Digimon          HC     Necro  76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes    85     65       0      -
TwentyMuleTeam   Rayne            SC     Sorc   76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   195    140       -      ?
Gripphon         Ryu              SC     Sorc   76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       ?     13
Darke Rahl       Bells            HC     Ama    74     0.40  YYYY-MM-DD  No     19      -       0      -
Smittyphi        SliceNDice       SC     Sin    70     0.30  2018-03-27  Yes    15      -       6      -
Xul's Gull       Araphel          HC     Necro  60     0.12  2017-12-21  No      -      -       -      -
Sleepybear123    Rob_theBarb      HC     Barb   50     0.05  2018-01-06  Yes     -      -       -     10
Klonki           Dualizt_Ann      SC     Sorc   48     0.01  2018-02-24  Yes     -      8       -      9
TrU              Henryk           SC     Barb   41     0.02  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -      22     12
Gambit           Colossus         SC     Pala   39     0.02  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     0      0       0      0
Smancer          Smancer          SC     Necro  26     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     1      -       -      -
drmalawi         Liv              SC     Sorc   24     0.00  2018-05-01  Yes     -      -       0      -
BKC              FearsomeFreddie  SC     Necro  23     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Ergroilnin       Erilinda         HC     Sorc   20     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -

[HIGHLIGHT]The Fallen[/HIGHLIGHT]
Rich (BB code):
Bewitch          itsreal          HC     Sorc   87     1.xx  2018-04-24  No      -      -       -      -
MizzouFTW        Pure             HC     Necro  86     1.15  2018-01-10  Yes     -      -       1      -
Vildecor         Celia            HC     Ama    84     0.99  2018-05-30  Yes   125     97       1      -
coju             NintyNine_orRiP  HC     Sorc   81     0.74  2016-04-07  Yes     -      -       1      -
TwentyMuleTeam   Valus            HC     Barb   76     0.48  2016-10-27  Yes     -      -       1      -
Pb_pal           Stevesy          HC     Pala   76     0.48  2017-06-19  Yes     -      -       1      -
weezaard         Cypher           SC     Druid  66     0.00  2018-02-21  Yes     -      -      20+     -
Tenecabo         OldShatterhand   HC     Druid  49     0.04  2016-06-16  Yes     -      0       1      -
Pijus            Pyrestarter      HC     Druid  36     0.00  2018-05-21  Yes     -      -       1      -
coju             fB               HC     Sorc   29     0.00  2016-04-09  Yes     1      1       1      2
Kitteh           Verallus         HC     Druid  26     0.00  2016-03-25  No      -      -       1      -
logoutzero       Rolex            HC     Barb   21     0.00  2016-03-26  Yes     0      0       1      1

Weekend update on Aura!

Things seem to rolling by quite decently and we are on the last stretch of Aura's journey. Cracked the last "milestone" before finishing, as you can see:

sn7ngVz.png

I have now changed my timescales a little bit. Aim is now to finish ideally a week from tomorrow, mostly due to knowing that next week, I won't have much chance to play, but I have some time this weekend and a little bit next weekend, so hopefully that should do it.

As I've moved to running only XP in mind, drops have really deteriorated if you ask me, but I think I've still been decently lucky. I've gotten 3 additional Grailers: Blinkbat's Form, Biggin's Bonnet and Stone Crusher. So not bad at this point! Runewise drops have been meh, a Gul, couple of Mals I think and one Lo. Here are readouts of the most interesting finds from this stretch:

Code:
Arachnid Mesh
Spiderweb Sash
Defense: 130
Durability: 6 of 12
Required Level: 80
Required Strength: 50
Fingerprint: 0x83a893cc
Item Level: 88
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+1 to All Skills
+20% Faster Cast Rate
Slows Target by 10%
+107% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Mana 5%
Level 3 Venom (5/11 Charges) 

Biggin's Bonnet
Cap
Defense: 18
Durability: 9 of 12
Required Level: 3
Fingerprint: 0x9118818f
Item Level: 94
30% Enhanced Damage
+30 to Attack Rating
+14 Defense
+15 to Life
+15 to Mana 

Blinkbat's Form
Leather Armor
Defense: 42
Durability: 19 of 24
Required Level: 12
Required Strength: 15
Fingerprint: 0x7e7b3da1
+10% Faster Run/Walk
+40% Faster Hit Recovery
Adds 3 - 6 Fire Damage
+25 Defense
+50 Defense vs. Missile 

Chilling Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 53
Fingerprint: 0x9de8c494
Item Level: 85
+1 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)
+31 to Life 

Horizon's Tornado
Scourge
One Hand Damage: 11 - 303
Durability: 57 of 65
Required Level: 64
Required Strength: 100
Required Dexterity: 62
Fingerprint: 0xa42f3b73
20% Chance to cast level 15 Tornado on striking
+50% Increased Attack Speed
279% Enhanced Damage
+150% Damage to Undead
Slows Target by 20%
Requirements -20% 

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0xd8a48981
+2 to All Skills
All Stats +5
All Resistances +29 

Nagelring
Ring
Required Level: 7
Fingerprint: 0xffa1951e
+75 to Attack Rating
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
Attacker Takes Damage of 3
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items 

Nightwing's Veil
Spired Helm
Defense: 329
Durability: 23 of 40
Required Level: 67
Required Strength: 96
Fingerprint: 0xdde7eaa9
+2 to All Skills
+13% to Cold Skill Damage
+106% Enhanced Defense
+14 to Dexterity
+8 Cold Absorb
Half Freeze Duration
Requirements -50% 

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0xd6c346e7
100% Chance to cast level 47 Chain Lightning when you Die
Adds 1 - 74 Lightning Damage
-5% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+4% to Lightning Skill Damage 

Raven Frost
Ring
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0x76d05a62
+248 to Attack Rating
Adds 15 - 45 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
+20 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen 

Stone Crusher
Legendary Mallet
One Hand Damage: 199 - 242
Durability: 44 of 65
Required Level: 68
Required Strength: 189
Fingerprint: 0xb58037aa
298% Enhanced Damage
Damage +25
-25% Target Defense
+150% Damage to Undead
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
-100 to Monster Defense Per Hit
+30 to Strength

Titan's Revenge
Ceremonial Javelin
Throw Damage: 79 - 212
One Hand Damage: 79 - 155
Quantity: 140
Required Level: 42
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 109
Fingerprint: 0xf6feb182
+2 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
+30% Faster Run/Walk
200% Enhanced Damage
Adds 25 - 50 Damage
8% Life stolen per hit
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
Increased Stack Size
Replenishes quantity

Plan for MFO now is that I finish Aura and enter this tournament again with a Sorc, which was my plan all along, now I am hoping to fast track that plan and hopefully get my new untwinked Sorc to run in MFO. Aura is the backup plan in case I can't advance fast enough with the new Sorc, but we'll see.

Keep running everyone! Love to read everyone's updates :)

- What do you guys think of using a wind druid for the untwinked 99'er challenge? Viable?

Yes, it is an easy character to play untwinked and it has been great fun as well.

- How easy/ difficult are the primary attacks to master? I read about tornado's having a mind of their own.

The tornado attack is dependent on positioning, if you don't hit well just reposition with a quick teleport. You will have to do this as the herd of monsters change anyway. Much easier to this with teleport than by walking.

- What advice do you have for skill progression?

I honestly can't remember how I did this, once I got to about act5 in normal it got very easy. Maybe I should have levelled him up in a fire spec? Something to consider for sure.

- Which skills work well besides the synergies for hurricane and tornado? Oak sage/ Heart of the wolverine/ vines/ Grizzly?

I have 1 point in Grizzly and rarely have to resummon it, 20 in Oak Sage. Rest is pre-requisites or Hurricane and Tornado

- Where do you suggest to let this guy farm uniques and runes? Is he a descent LK runner?

I used a staff with teleport mod on it (I switched to Naj's staff when I found it, but it seems more expensive to repair than the one I had. On switch, of course.) and I farmed Mephisto a lot, and I also did a lot of Pindleruns. I found the runes for Enigma there, Ber from Mephisto and Jah at Pindleskin. I did not enjoy running LK with him, but I didn't make the Harmony bow as @Pb_pal proposed. If LK is your preferred option, then make sure to get the runeword.

- What item setup do you suggest for windy and merc? Links to descent builds?

You need a source of decrepify, Insight can in no way compete with Reaper's Toll, and I assume Lawbringer will be better than Insight as well. The damage output is immense not only since they take more damage, but they also move a lot slower meaning you get it better with regards to hitting with your tornadoes. Other than that the normal caster gear applies. Getting the 163% FCR breakpoint is extremely taxing, so far I have been unable to get there.

I use Jalal's Mane, but Harlequin's Crest is just as good. Ravenlore is also an option, but it is rare.
Hoto, Enigma, Arachnid Mesh, Stone of Jordan and Frostburn. Rest is just rares. My amulet is appalling at 18 to all res, 19 energy and 8% MF, but I just cannot seem to get a better one. Showing that you can get by with really not a lot of gear, besides the Enigma, only crucial bit to get along with the decrepify source.

My merc runs Reaper's Toll, Andariel's Visage and Duriel's Shell. I have the runes for Fortitude, but having cannot be frozen on the merc is of great importance to me as I need him to hit stuff to decrepify them for me. If I get a Cham I will socket the helmet he has and make a Fortitude for him.

@Neksja jesus I wish I had that much time. GL with the final push.

E: what level is your Sorc, and do you plan on trying for 99 with that one as well?

Last edited:
@Yng I have two twinked Sorceresses, I think both around lvl 94/95. I am not going to 99 those and I have a bit of plan for this untwinked tournament post-Aura, which a new Sorceress will be a part of. I'm not sure if I can level/quest her through fast enough for MFO, but I sure hope so!

Yea, I meant the the untwinked one.
And it can be done ridiculously fast on a Sorceress. You can get to Hell AT rather quickly and spam NM Pindle to 69/NM Baal to 79 then you’re good to go.

I crafted my runewords!

First comes Death.

View attachment 10423

View attachment 10424
Pretty low roll, but it's mostly there for the CB and other mods.

Followed by Grief.

View attachment 10425

View attachment 10426
Reasonably happy with this one.

With that it was time to respec!

It only took two Baal runs to tick over to 92 thanks to all the farming I'd done at Travincal, and so here we are, LCS included!

View attachment 10429

Think I'm probably just going to do some Baal runs for the time being, and see where that takes me. I am Travincal'd out for now!

[HIGHLIGHT]Hall of Fame[/HIGHLIGHT]
Rich (BB code):
zticazzy         Perkele          SC     Barb   99     3.52  2016-07-12  No      -      -       -      -
Pb_pal           Eleanor          SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2016-11-09  No   3068    437       5      -
NanoMist         Izuna            SC     Sin    99     3.52  2016-12-25  No   5109    470       4    360
PhineasB         Mercy            SC     Sin    99     3.52  2017-05-23  Yes     -    475      11      -
PhineasB         Hiatus           SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2017-12-25  Yes     -    471      21      -
ffs              HelpYourself     SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2018-04-29  Yes     -    447       -      -
[HIGHLIGHT]Questing Heroes[/HIGHLIGHT]
Rich (BB code):
Neksja           Aura             SC     Pala   98.93  3.50  2018-08-04  Yes  lots    479       -      -
T72on1           Neverland        SC     Sorc   98.66  3.42  2018-07-29  Yes  lots    480      13    300+
Yng              Sophie           SC     Sorc   98.44  3.35  2018-07-14  Yes     -      -      10      -
PhineasB         Phaedrus         SC     Pala   98.1   3.26  2018-07-10  Yes     -    370      13      -
ffs              Ric              SC     Necro  97     2.96  2018-07-10  Yes     -      -       -      -
darkstarhub      Neptune          SC     Sorc   97     2.96  2018-07-23  Yes     -    470       -      - 
Bewitch          itssoftcore      SC     Sorc   96     2.85  2018-07-02  Yes     -      -       -      -
PhineasB         Pestilence       SC     Necro  96     2.84  2018-07-31  Yes     -      -       -      -
Ashenshugar      Natur            SC     Druid  96     2.71  2018-04-24  Yes  2529      -       -      -
Gynli            Amazon           SC     Ama    96     2.71  2018-06-14  Yes     -      -       -      -
CrustyRusty      Space_Oddity     SC     Ama    95     2.49  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
RIP              Kaira_II         HC     Sin    94     2.32  2018-07-03  Yes     -    318       -      -
Zenigma          Ayura            SC     Barb   93     2.11  2018-04-26  No      -      -       -      -
Pb_pal           Klaus            HC     Druid  93     2.09  2018-06-21  Yes     -      -       -      -
Potent           Challenge(CL)    SC     Sorc   92     1.96  2018-07-30  no      -      -       -      -
Hutton           Terrahork        HC     Barb   92     0.00  2018-08-04  Yes     -      -       -      -
Lord Molybdenum  Verisimilitude   SC     Ama    90     1.62  2018-06-02  No     98     77       3      -
Trapin'          ceegee           SC     Pala   90     1.62  2018-07-04  No      -      -       -      -
Zenigma          Gnosis           SC     Druid  89     1.56  2018-04-26  No      -      -       -      -
T72on1           ShouldBeEasy     HC     Pala   8_8    1.36  2018-06-26  Yes    59     52      NA     42
Lord Molybdenum  Cruise_Control   SC     Necro  87     1.25  2018-06-02  No    128    101      22      -
Burgomaster3     Hastur           SC     Druid  86     1.14  2018-07-02  Yes     -      -       -      -
Smittyphi        TheLongRun       SC     Sorc   85     1.11  2018-05-28  Yes    30      -     Yes      -
DaveW            Long_Term        SC     Sorc   84     0.97  2018-05-02  Yes Heaps      -    Lots     30+
sanguillen       GordonChen-UT    HC     Necro  81     0.80  2018-07-29  Yes     -      -       -      -
Xul's Gull       Xul              HC     Necro  81     0.74  2018-03-26  No      -      -       -      -
Vildecor         Trina            SC     Ama    80     0.68  2018-06-07  Yes     -      -       0      -
ioupainmax       Durnik           SC     Pala   79     0.63  2018-06-28  Yes   177    111       0      -
Burton Roberts   Arizona          SC     Ama    56     0.08  2018-06-12  No      -      -      15     38
Lord Molybdenum  Essa             SC     Sorc   55     0.08  2018-06-02  No     20     19       5      -
AlexTheNextOne   Orion            SC     Pala   49     0.00  2018-07-22  No     14      -       0     26
Pijus            AGoodBoy         HC     Druid  45     0.00  2018-05-29  Yes     -      -       -      -
kstuart          Nena             SC     Sorc   30     0.00  2018-07-22  Yes     -      -       -      -
RIP              Espada           HC     Necro  24     0.00  2018-06-01  Yes     -     13       -      -
DaveHutt         Alice            SC     Ama    13     0.00  2018-05-18  Yes     -      -       1      -
[HIGHLIGHT]Resting Heroes[/HIGHLIGHT]
Rich (BB code):
hasuprotoss      Reina            SC     Sorc   97     2.96  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes  1751    384       -      -
Tarantella       Tarasha          HC     Sorc   96     2.72  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Grim             Furious_Blonde   SC     Ama    96     2.72  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
XyleneCyanol     Fishie           HC     Sorc   95     2.49  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -
ThomasJohnsen    xInTheBuffx      HC     Sorc   95     2.49  2017-03-31  Yes     -      -       -      -
NamelessPenguin  Rockatansky      SC     Barb   95     2.49  2017-12-14  Yes     -      -       -      -
Dezrok           Salome           SC     Sorc   95     2.49  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   792    318       -      -
Reyz             Qty              SC     Sorc   93     2.10  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -
Me2Nik           Fugu             HC     Ama    93     2.10  2018-02-05  Yes    80      -       -      -
Chaostar         Prairie          SC     Sorc   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   659    261      12    126
OldSoldier       Battleforge      HC     Pala   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    236       -      -
kyndig           DrearyAura       HC     Sorc   91     1.76  2018-02-20  Yes     -      -       -      -
tokerdin         tokeress         SC     Sorc   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Southpaw         Njord            SC     Druid  90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Qwernt           CanbeOnlyBlizz   SC     Sorc   90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       ?      ?
MercMan          Este             SC     Ama    90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes  1212    278       2      ?
Lynchgrinch      Tattersail       SC     Sorc   89     1.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    321       ?      ?
LiquidClear      Sally            SC     Sin    **     1.36  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   225      -       1      -
liquid_mage      zDadColdSorc     SC     Sorc   **     1.36  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    160       -      -
Neksja           Turirao          SC     Druid  87     1.25  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   191    124       5      -
Gladstone        Socrates         HC     Druid  86     1.15  YYYY-MM-DD  -       -      -       -      -
hackedagainanda  Hugo             HC     Necro  85     1.05  2017-12-17  Yes     -      -       -      -
Naturallog       Athos            HC     Barb   84     0.96  YYYY-MM-DD  No    159    105       0      -
Qwernt           AmaAgainstAll    SC     Sorc   81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Gambit           Mallenroh        SC     Sorc   81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     0      0       0      0
Lord Molybdenum  But_Why          SC     Sin    81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  No     55     51      53      -
aarrgus          Acala            SC     Barb   80     0.68  2017-12-30  Yes     -      -       5      -
Jean Avila       SpeedAdict       SC     Ama    77     0.52  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -     50
logoutzero       Digimon          HC     Necro  76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes    85     65       0      -
TwentyMuleTeam   Rayne            SC     Sorc   76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   195    140       -      ?
Gripphon         Ryu              SC     Sorc   76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       ?     13
Darke Rahl       Bells            HC     Ama    74     0.40  YYYY-MM-DD  No     19      -       0      -
Smittyphi        SliceNDice       SC     Sin    70     0.30  2018-03-27  Yes    15      -       6      -
Xul's Gull       Araphel          HC     Necro  60     0.12  2017-12-21  No      -      -       -      -
Sleepybear123    Rob_theBarb      HC     Barb   50     0.05  2018-01-06  Yes     -      -       -     10
Klonki           Dualizt_Ann      SC     Sorc   48     0.01  2018-02-24  Yes     -      8       -      9
TrU              Henryk           SC     Barb   41     0.02  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -      22     12
Gambit           Colossus         SC     Pala   39     0.02  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     0      0       0      0
Smancer          Smancer          SC     Necro  26     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     1      -       -      -
drmalawi         Liv              SC     Sorc   24     0.00  2018-05-01  Yes     -      -       0      -
BKC              FearsomeFreddie  SC     Necro  23     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Ergroilnin       Erilinda         HC     Sorc   20     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -

[HIGHLIGHT]The Fallen[/HIGHLIGHT]
Rich (BB code):
Bewitch          itsreal          HC     Sorc   87     1.xx  2018-04-24  No      -      -       -      -
MizzouFTW        Pure             HC     Necro  86     1.15  2018-01-10  Yes     -      -       1      -
Vildecor         Celia            HC     Ama    84     0.99  2018-05-30  Yes   125     97       1      -
coju             NintyNine_orRiP  HC     Sorc   81     0.74  2016-04-07  Yes     -      -       1      -
TwentyMuleTeam   Valus            HC     Barb   76     0.48  2016-10-27  Yes     -      -       1      -
Pb_pal           Stevesy          HC     Pala   76     0.48  2017-06-19  Yes     -      -       1      -
weezaard         Cypher           SC     Druid  66     0.00  2018-02-21  Yes     -      -      20+     -
Tenecabo         OldShatterhand   HC     Druid  49     0.04  2016-06-16  Yes     -      0       1      -
Pijus            Pyrestarter      HC     Druid  36     0.00  2018-05-21  Yes     -      -       1      -
coju             fB               HC     Sorc   29     0.00  2016-04-09  Yes     1      1       1      2
Kitteh           Verallus         HC     Druid  26     0.00  2016-03-25  No      -      -       1      -
logoutzero       Rolex            HC     Barb   21     0.00  2016-03-26  Yes     0      0       1      1

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High