Tournament: Set/Unique Worshippers 2017

@jiansonz I know you've moved on with Obara's merc weapon from the act 2 one with a spetum but you mention it had a sapphire in it. Did you change the rule somewhere and I missed it? I thought it was only topaz/emerald allowed in sockets for gems?

@jiansonz I know you've moved on with Obara's merc weapon from the act 2 one with a spetum but you mention it had a sapphire in it. Did you change the rule somewhere and I missed it? I thought it was only topaz/emerald allowed in sockets for gems?

You've got me there. I am pretty sure I didn't cheat, so I must have rememebered it wrong (it's been a while - first screenie from Act II is from late february).
Probably had a little emerald and maybe some some sort of jewel there as well.

Last edited:
Persephone just killed the Overseer in Act 5 and he dropped "Stormstrike" bow. I could equip it, but I would have to drop Cleglaw's claw to do it. Leadcrow crossbow is in the offhand and I am using an Act 2 merc so there is no other place to put Stormsrike. I would prefer to keep Cleglaw's Claw and the white Eagles Orb that goes with it for two reasons. First of all, the Orb as a couple levels of "Warmth" on it. Secondly, I have to use ten spaces in my backpack to get enough dexterity to equip Stormstrike. Question: can I keep using the orb and Cleglaw's Claw rather than equp the Stormstrike bow?

These are the applicable rules:

• S/U weapons you find can be used towards any of the three weapon slots (primary, switch, merc) at your choice. Once you find your third S/U weapon you must fill the last slot (it is your choice which slot that is). If your merc cannot equip any of the three S/U weapons, he/she must go weaponless.
• A S/U shield can never force you to ditch a 2-handed weapon, even a white/grey one. So if you were to find two Hsaru’s bucklers but would rather keep using a plain Two-Handed Sword, you can.

As to the first rule, I do not have three weapons yet. I do have two weapons and I could equip the two bows.

The second rule in reverse would allow me to keep the shield instead of the stormstrike bow.

Another possibility would be to go back to the Rogue Camp and hire a rogue who could use the Storm strike bow. This seems like a good solution.

What should I do? I await your decision and will play in another tournament until I get your call.

Last edited:
You only have two S/U weapons, in Act V? That's quite unusual (although I once got my third from Frozenstein).

You can keep using the plain orb and Leadcrow, and 'give' Stormstrike to your merc. If the merc cannot use it, he will have to go weaponless for now.

You only have two S/U weapons, in Act V? That's quite unusual (although I once got my third from Frozenstein).

You can keep using the plain orb and Leadcrow, and 'give' Stormstrike to your merc. If the merc cannot use it, he will have to go weaponless for now.

I will choose to give stormstrike to my new rogue merc. Not as good as keeping the act 2 merc, but better than using him weaponless.

Persephone has reached the Arreat Plateau way poiint and is ready to rescue Anya. I think she is setting a record for the fewest S/U items.

At level 40, her 14 S/U items are The Face of Horror mask, Stormstrike bow, Angelic Halo, Cathan's Mesh, Milabrega's Orb, Cathan's Seal, Leadcrow, Infernal Cranium, Hsarus' Iron Stay(2), Hsarus' Iron Heel, Cleglaw's Claw, Arctic Binding and Berserker's Headgear.

[HIGHLIGHT]Set/Unique Worshippers Leaderboard[/HIGHLIGHT]
Code:
Player:            Name:           Class:       Build:            Level:  S/U found:  Area:
----------------   ------------    -----------  ----------------  ------  ----------  ----------------
jiansonz           Viridissima     Amazon       Valkyrie/CS       87      154         Guardian #1
Grisu              Oberon          Druid        Fire Claws        86      124         Hell Act IV RoF
OldSoldier         AndrewNiteTorch Paladin      Charge            77       76         Hell Act II Lut Gholein
OldSoldier         Brigid_Crane    Sorceress    Balls of Fire     53       ??         NM Act II Lut Gholein
Dezrok             Roland          Paladin      Avenger           52       40         NM Act II Lut Gholein
PhineasB           Quinta          Amazon       Valk/Passive/?    52       28         NM Act II Lut Gholein
zoo                Alexander       Paladin      Holy Shock        48       51         NM Act I Rogue Camp
Caliph             ??              Assassin     Dancer            ??       ??         NM Act I Rogue Camp
Dazliare           Pestilence      Druid        Rabies           35?        >2        Act V Harrogath
Drystan            Goldilocks      Amazon       ??                32       12         Act IV Panda Fortress
jiansonz           Mirex           Paladin      FoH/Conviction    32       17         Act IV Panda Fortress
Wolron             Persephone      Sorceress    Frozen Orb        40        14         Act V Arreat Plateau
ioupainmax         Habacalva       Sorceress    Melee Enchantress 22        3         Act II Dry Hills
Charlo             Meroca          Necro        Skelli/Poison     21        0         Act II Dry Hills
GothamsBeard       Envy            Amazon       Elemental Bowzon  ??      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
hackedagainanda    Conrad          Paladin      Frost Zealot      ??      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
RedTang            PaniSuka        Sorceress    FO/Lightning      ??      ???         Act I Outer Cloister
Oakbrain           Olyssia         Assassin     Lightning Trapsin 18        0         Act I Outer Cloister
TwentyMuleTeam     TwoHearted      Druid        Fury              13        0         Act 1 Underground Passage

[HIGHLIGHT]Set/Unique Martyrs[/HIGHLIGHT]
Code:
Player:            Name:           Class:       Build:            Level:  S/U found:  Area:
----------------   ------------    -----------  ----------------  ------  ----------  --------------------
Southpaw8668       Wuzhul          Necromancer  Skelliemancer     67      ???         NM Act IV Chaos Sanctuary
Wolron             Pam             Amazon       Bowzon            67      78          NM Act IV Diablo
Charlo             KulKanta        Druid        Ele-Summoner      59      28          NM Act III Kurast Sewers
zoo                BorisTheBlade   Paladin      Holy Shock        56      33          NM Act II Ancient Tunnels
Oakbrain           Jathnolf        Barbarian    Berserk/War Cry   54      ???         NM Act II Far Oasis
zoo                Jens-Rune       Barbarian    Whirlwind         51      27          NM Act I Tamoe Highland
Wolron             Durbanex        Druid        Summoner          49      25          NM Act I Dark Tower
LacertaCK          Haramis         Sorceress    Meteorb           49      28          NM Act I The Hole (MSLE)
Skunkbelly         NewestSkunk     Sorceress    FO/FB             34      16          Act IV Diablo
kstuart            Chocopower      Necromancer  Fishymancer       34       9          Act IV Diablo
Charlo             Talameer        Paladin      Thornadin         32      5+          Act IV Diablo

I went back to playing my Paladin. He is a FoH/Conviction character, currently in the company of a Cold Act III merc.

Merc shots helped by Conviction, plus lots of bleeding from Blood Crescent were the main damage dealers, because Mirex' mana situation is still too bad to use much FoH. I had feared Act IV would be a long slog because of the marked increase in monster life vs. Act III, but it wasn't that bad. Spawners were bad news, though, unsuprisingly...

I placed a point in Smite. With an earlier Paladin, I've seen what it can do, both for safety and for fast applying of Crushing Blow. I do have Crushflange, you know...

Smite made this boss a lot less annoying. I found a spot where the bolts didn't hit.

View attachment 9877

Infector got the same treatment:

View attachment 9878

Grand Vizier of Chaos had only three minions with him. Haven't seen that before.

I like that some of my randomly found gear provide useful mods I didn't think much about when I found them:

- Cleglaw's Pincers' slowing. Combined with constant chilling from Thadar, some enemies turn really slow.
- Cleglaw's Claw's poison length reduction. Made e.g. the poison hits from Doom/Abyss/OB Knigths much less dangerous. Thadar also has one, so it's the same for him.
- Damage-to-mana on Angelic Wings. Often when Mirex was wading in spawners and their pups and he had burned the two Fist of the Heavens he can from full mana, the many hits (he has 6% blocking...) would soon give him enough mana for another FoH.

I took very little risk with Diablo. Resists were OK (53 fire, 50 lightning) but I still fought him on /p1.
I kept a good distance (often too far away from him for Conviction to work) and killed him with many Fists. I needed more than 20 of Jamella's big mana potions.

View attachment 9879
View attachment 9880
View attachment 9881

You see my items reward there. Even with Milabrega's shield, MF went down because Cathan's Visage was my second helm.

Those three were the only SUs I found in the entire Act IV and Bloody Floothills.

After killing Shenk, I had Larzuk socket Cathan's Mesh. For now, I put a perfect topaz in it. I was thinking ahead and about resists. If I find either of the two Cathan's jewelry pieces now, both lightning and fire resist will get a nice boost. (And I can't think of a single character I've ever played that hasn't found Cathan's ring...).

The only items that aren't SUs now are my rings (crappy Akara + Ormus rewards) and my boots (now Demonhide Boots). For the next session, I've brought Shadowfang, a Ral and a perfect emerald. Need a Sol for upgrading it, and then I'll switch to an Act V merc.

[Highlight]Mirex the FoH/Conviction Paladin and Thadar the Cold Iron Wolf, level 37, 22 S/U items found, Frigid Highlands next[/Highlight]

Tried to hold out for a decent update but not much has happened at all.

The Skelington Army are cleaning up anything in their path.

The Duriel fight went down like this:

View attachment 9882

Took out one or two skellis before dropping this lovely trash:

View attachment 9883

I've found a mere 3 S/U:

Cathans Sigil - actually a good find as it's tough to fill that gap!
Civerb's Ward - useless
Isenhart's Horn - Easy to pick up the rest, might be useful.

[HIGHLIGHT]Set/Unique Worshippers Leaderboard[/HIGHLIGHT]
Code:
----------------   ------------    -----------  ----------------  ------  ----------  ----------------
jiansonz           Viridissima     Amazon       Valkyrie/CS       87      154         Guardian #1
Grisu              Oberon          Druid        Fire Claws        86      124         Hell Act IV RoF
OldSoldier         AndrewNiteTorch Paladin      Charge            77       76         Hell Act II Lut Gholein
OldSoldier         Brigid_Crane    Sorceress    Balls of Fire     53       ??         NM Act II Lut Gholein
Dezrok             Roland          Paladin      Avenger           52       40         NM Act II Lut Gholein
PhineasB           Quinta          Amazon       Valk/Passive/?    52       28         NM Act II Lut Gholein
zoo                Alexander       Paladin      Holy Shock        48       51         NM Act I Rogue Camp
Caliph             ??              Assassin     Dancer            ??       ??         NM Act I Rogue Camp
jiansonz           Mirex           Paladin      FoH/Conviction    37       22         Act V Frigid Highlands
Dazliare           Pestilence      Druid        Rabies           35?        >2        Act V Harrogath
Drystan            Goldilocks      Amazon       ??                32       12         Act IV Panda Fortress
Wolron             Persephone      Sorceress    Frozen Orb        40        14         Act V Arreat Plateau
Charlo             Meroca          Necro        Skelli/Poison     27        3         Act III Great Marsh
ioupainmax         Habacalva       Sorceress    Melee Enchantress 22        3         Act II Dry Hills
GothamsBeard       Envy            Amazon       Elemental Bowzon  ??      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
hackedagainanda    Conrad          Paladin      Frost Zealot      ??      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
RedTang            PaniSuka        Sorceress    FO/Lightning      ??      ???         Act I Outer Cloister
Oakbrain           Olyssia         Assassin     Lightning Trapsin 18        0         Act I Outer Cloister
TwentyMuleTeam     TwoHearted      Druid        Fury              13        0         Act 1 Underground Passage

[HIGHLIGHT]Set/Unique Martyrs[/HIGHLIGHT]
Code:
----------------   ------------    -----------  ----------------  ------  ----------  --------------------
Southpaw8668       Wuzhul          Necromancer  Skelliemancer     67      ???         NM Act IV Chaos Sanctuary
Wolron             Pam             Amazon       Bowzon            67      78          NM Act IV Diablo
Charlo             KulKanta        Druid        Ele-Summoner      59      28          NM Act III Kurast Sewers
zoo                BorisTheBlade   Paladin      Holy Shock        56      33          NM Act II Ancient Tunnels
Oakbrain           Jathnolf        Barbarian    Berserk/War Cry   54      ???         NM Act II Far Oasis
zoo                Jens-Rune       Barbarian    Whirlwind         51      27          NM Act I Tamoe Highland
Wolron             Durbanex        Druid        Summoner          49      25          NM Act I Dark Tower
LacertaCK          Haramis         Sorceress    Meteorb           49      28          NM Act I The Hole (MSLE)
Skunkbelly         NewestSkunk     Sorceress    FO/FB             34      16          Act IV Diablo
kstuart            Chocopower      Necromancer  Fishymancer       34       9          Act IV Diablo
Charlo             Talameer        Paladin      Thornadin         32      5+          Act IV Diablo

[Highlight]Meroca, the commander Necromancer of the 5th Skelington Brigade, level 27, 3 S/U items found[/highlight]

Well, I made some time to play, and made some decent progress: cleared the Cold Plains and Killed Blood Raven, but forgot the Cave (I'll try to go back tonight and clear that, but I might just skip it); cleared Stony Field and Underground Passage, then ran for the Scroll and rescued Cain. The Anya ring was a nice +10FCR, so we're happily taking advantage of it.

One nice find from a random skeleton archer in the Underground Passage:
View attachment 9890

Yep, that's a Pelta Lunata. Nice free boost to Energy, so 3 and 1/3 extra charged bolts.

View attachment 9891

Had a close one to some enchanted archers, but not a big deal.

Bethany the Charged Bolt/Frozen Orber and Aliza the Cold Rogue
Bethany found a +1 to CB wand, but does more damage with some plain Javelins, so that's what she uses most of the time. She was happy to ditch a 2os small shield with some emeralds in it for the Pelta Lunata. On switch is a +2 to Frozen Armor plain short staff for buffing purposes. Armor is 2os Hard Leather, with a couple of chipped topazes, and a 2os Skull Cap with nothing in it yet.

Aliza has a 3os Hunters Bow with a chipped emerald, 2os Superior Hard Leather Armor with nothing in it, and superior Cap with a chipped topaz.

S/Us
Pelta Lunata

Code:
jiansonz           Mirex           Paladin      FoH/Conviction    37       22         Act V Frigid Highlands
Charlo             Meroca          Necro        Skelli/Poison     27        3         Act III Great Marsh
jamesixgun         Bethany         Sorceress    ChargedBolt/FOrb  13        1         Act 1 Dark Wood

Last edited:
I'm thinking about joining this with a dragon tail/PStrike hybrid (emphasis on lightning synergy). If only CoT didn't require a claw...I don't think I can save my skill points all the way through level 30, so I'll have to master Dragon Tail and Tiger Strike first. I am not looking forward to Duriel...dunno if I'll try him above /p1.

Has anyone in the tourney so far gambled a set or unique?

I'm thinking about joining this with a dragon tail/PStrike hybrid (emphasis on lightning synergy). If only CoT didn't require a claw...I don't think I can save my skill points all the way through level 30, so I'll have to master Dragon Tail and Tiger Strike first. I am not looking forward to Duriel...dunno if I'll try him above /p1.

Has anyone in the tourney so far gambled a set or unique?

You can use CoT without a weapon, although the attack speed is slow.

Yeah, I gambled Cathan's Seal yesterday. And yes, I wanted it.

Act I and the first quest of Act II done. Kinda funny, I only found my first uniques within the last few areas of Act I. Super easy Andarial fight, dragon tail plus crushflange made it a piece of cake. Gorefoot dropping was really unfortunate, all I can say is that I'm thankful that they weren't hotspurs at least. I'll be able to start gambling for Gobtoe by level 34, and Tearhaunch by level 44, but who knows how it'll all go down. At the moment I'm sitting pretty damage-wise, Dtail is plenty strong even with the 2nd worst type of boots.

Fun tournament so far, I'm lucky that no helms or body armor has dropped yet! Both my mercenary and I are sporting 5 chipped topazes apiece, and hopefully I'll be upgrading to flawed before long. We'll see. I'm crossing my fingers for arctic mitts to drop :p

Also, I just want to confirm for gambling purposes. The wiki shows that Goblin Toe has a qlvl of 30, while a normal pair of light plated boots has a qlvl of 20. This means that the ilvl of the boots that drops has to be 30 or higher for Goblin Toe to appear, yes? For instance, if I were to gamble now with a level 21 character for light plated boots and rolled a unique pair, it would come out as a failed unique? I just want to know when I can start wasting my cash.

8XrrAqh.jpg

FQoM10y.jpg

b8iwQjS.jpg

Last edited:
Well, luck started picking up towards the end of ACT III.

Hit a double GREEN drop at one stage and killing mephy proved to be a bit more challenging. He managed to wipe my army but got him in the end with Poison Nova. At a crossroads now between bumping Nova, Golem or Skelli Mastery. I know Skellis can carry me through most of NM then fall off a cliff in Hell; Nova isn't fully synergised; and Golem is just a big rock! Choices!!

Here are all the drops so far:

View attachment 9901

Found more weapons so good bye +3 Skelli wand and goodbye eth Vouge :(

S/Us
Isenharts Case - handy
Angelic Saber - trash
Beserker's Axe + Helm in same drop!
Sanders boots + wand - hmmmmm

Code:
Wolron             Persephone      Sorceress    Frozen Orb        40       14         Act V Arreat Plateau
Charlo             Meroca          Necro        Skelli/Poison     30        9         Act IV Panda Fortress
Jocular            GodKnowsWho     Assassin     Dragontail        ??        3         Act II Lut Gholein
jamesixgun         Bethany         Sorceress    ChargedBolt/FOrb  13        1         Act 1 Dark Wood

Tough luck, Charlo.

Bethany went back and cleaned out The Cave. It was easy enough and even Cold Crow (the bane of so many previous characters) went by with ease.

After that, she cleaned out the Dark Wood, and received her second s/u for her trouble, a Cleglaw's shield from a skeleton archer (if I recall). It's nigh-on useless when she has a Pelta Lunata, but fine on switch (though it means I've had to ditch the +2 to Frozen Armor staff... oh well, I should put a few points in there anyway...), and the 75% poison length reduction will come in handy in Act 2, if she makes it that far.

View attachment 9908

Play time is very limited, so it's slow going. After the Dark Wood, we dropped back to p1 and ran around the Black Marsh until she found the waypoint. Easy enough, but I hate all the mana chugging. At least she can buy 3 row belts now... scored a Superior (increased durability) one from Charsi to replace the plain sash she found early on.

Bethany the Charged Boltress and Aliza the Cold Rogue. Up Next: the Countess
Currently level 15 and pumping charged bolt, though I guess the next point will go into Frozen Armor. Good times.

S/Us
Cleglaw's Claw
Pelta Lunata

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High