NF's 1.10 HC Berserker Guide

Re: NF's 1.10 HC Berserker Guide

Ok, so I will put 1 point to find item to use it on bosses (not act bosses sorry, but rather, the likes of eldritch shenk etc)

Yeah, I agree, find item is really good, its like killing monster twice :p

EDIT: May I also ask why leap attack? Isnt leap enough? Its only to get out of danger right?

Last edited:

EDIT: May I also ask why leap attack? Isnt leap enough? Its only to get out of danger right?

Low level Leap will only allow you to jump a short distance. Already from slvl 1, Leap Attack allows you to jump all the way to the corner of the screen if you want to.

Any way I can speed up his lvling? Barb...he has not AoE damage...all the chars I have played untwinked (druid/pally/sorc/trap/etc) all hvae some kind of AoE damage...this one is really slow especially since Im playing p8.

Any suggestions?

Yeah, go Frenzy or WW until you're Clvl 80. They're the closest things the Barb has to AoE.

Or: lower /p setting to 1, breeze through the game. When you're at A5, set it back to /p8 for the sake of grinding Pindle. Rinse lather repeat.

So, frenzy and WW until maybe....around level 40? Then respec to zerk like this guide?
Surely not until Im level 80!?!?!?

Last edited:

Hi, I am new here but was lurking for about a year.

I just registered to ask a question:

I play on the Battle.net harcore ladder and after my lvl 80 Necro died I decided to play my first Barb and used this guide. He`s not really untwinked since I gave him an Ancient Armor with some PT`s and a near perfect Bonesnap, but that was basically all I found with my first char.

So far I didn`t run into any trouble except for Duriel and Diablo who both were pretty challenging and now here comes my question:

How do you cope with Baal`s Minions?

My God they **** my *** without any lubricants. I killed Baal twice now but both times I needed to snack 2 full rejuvs because I got swarmed and pretty much locked down by those ****ers. Having only like 2 seconds of stun at this point isn`t helping either. I`m around level 36 and pack a punch since I recently even upgraded the Bonesnap. Biggest problem is all the damage is pretty pointless when you can`t even hit anything cuz u get shoved all over the room...

Last edited:

How do you cope with Baal`s Minions.

My God they **** my *** without any lubricants. I killed Baal twice now but both times I needed to snack 2 full rejuvs because I got swarmed and pretty much locked down by those ****ers. Having only like 2 seconds of stun at this point isn`t helping either. I`m around level 36 and pack a punch since I recently even upgraded the Bonesnap. Biggest problem is all the damage is pretty pointless when you can`t even hit anything cuz u get shoved all over the room...

With nearly all my characters, I lure them out of the throne room and take them down one at a time.

Then again, I play single pass so I only need to fight them once per difficulty.

So, guys, do I really need to get to clvl 80 using frenzy WW and then respec?

If thats the case it makes me not want to play this build lol...

Barb has no AoE until WW.... :(

But we'll see, :p

Regarding Baal's minions,
the reason they are hitting you alot is because you have no defence ( berserk ). So there are a couple of options for you. One is lure them out 1 by 1 and stun/kill them. This doesn't always work and is tricky. A more reliable option is to let your merc tank all of them, while you stand a little behind and kill them. The best merc for this is defiance merc as with shout ( and a high def armor ) he will easily have tons of defence and they will not hit him at all. Shout is also a synergy for berserk so I'd personally max that first instead of howl ( which does little to nothing beyond level 1 ).

Also be sure to watch out for Lister's mods. Cursed, extra fast and extra strong are deadly to melee chars. Conviction, fanatacism, might and manaburn can also be very hard. ( I forget how many boss mods Lister gets on normal mode ).

Ok, thanks for the replies guys but I figured it out myself:

Use Concentrate on stuff that pushes and shoves you around. It also deals slightly more damage than Berserk at least as long as both are still at level 1, so it`s probably a good idea to use it as main attack until you start maxing Berserk.

Something that should be definetely mentioned in this guide.

Excuse my bad English though, it`s not my native language.

I have decided to just use frenzy/ WW, whatever it is, until I am strong enough to respec to Zerk.

Hello. Iam new to this forum, dont know if iam allowed to bring an old guide up?

So i have recently starting playing single player, and a barbarian.
Iam using this guide but iam having it very diffcult. I reached act 5, the minions before Baal but i die to 1minion that have lifesteal, so i can never kill that guy.

Iam probably a bad diablo 2 player. I used his guide for reference, infact i tried to copy 100% not even sure i did that correct..Meh. Was hard to max battle cry and battle orders cuz the points didnt wanna press into those so i had to do like 6 in howl very early, iam lvl 35 only.

Now i did that singleplayer "cheat", start in act5 lvl 33 but i redid all acts. Iam sure i skipped many mobs tho so i have no charms for example...

I have like 50% hitchance only against mobs without any skill, is this way to low? Like with berserk i have like 70%, and like 65% againt very hard mobs maybe like the one before baal.

Any tips? What should i do? Any good place to farm in normal for items, or maybe even for some exp?

Just so you're aware what you do on your own computer is up to you but the command you mention isn't accepted here, so no characters or items used or found with it are allowed in multiplayer or trade pools. PM me if you have questions which aren't covered in the FAQ (post 9).

As for farming in act 1, the Pits. Personally I liked the Tombs but I'm not sure you're that far yet.

Skipping the first four acts really doesn't help you that much. Most players can bang through in a couple of hours at most and you will be picking stuff up if you play through. If you do play through, check the Single Pass MF guides by HC Gunther and jionez (I KNOW I've mis-spelt that!) but they're in the FAQ under MF guides. Really handy information. A lot of the Pat/Guardian threads will be single pass, self found too (tournament rules, so usually no re-running areas) and that's also very handy for looking at different ways of setting out a character.

What Thyiad said.. you're not going to learn to play the game if you skip the majority of it. i'd second the recommendation of reading the MF guides and perusing the mat/pat/guardian threads for comments on what does/doesn't work for specific characters. IT may also help to follow tournament progress of other players, since they usually have to make the most of limited options for gears/skills/rerunning

New old guy here, has anything seriously changed with HC Berzerkers since 1.10? Been about ten years since I played much D2X.

Edit: Weapon swap hotkey?

Last edited:
Are there any runewords that are particularly helpful while leveling a Berserker mostly untwinked HC SP no-trade?

EDIT: Tir El "Steel" in a Sword/Axe/Mace? Would that work in a Maul? I guess I won't be really Berserk-ing until NM really, so what weapon type should it go in? I'm guessing a slower weapon to take advantage of the -25% IAS, but what would be decent/best? I'm currently Clvl 15-ish and just got to Act II.

P.s. when you search the wiki for "Maul" you are redirected to the Maces class weapons page, where there's no stats for Mauls. Weird.

Last edited:
Are there any runewords that are particularly helpful while leveling a Berserker mostly untwinked HC SP no-trade?

EDIT: Tir El "Steel" in a Sword/Axe/Mace? Would that work in a Maul? I guess I won't be really Berserk-ing until NM really, so what weapon type should it go in? I'm guessing a slower weapon to take advantage of the -25% IAS, but what would be decent/best? I'm currently Clvl 15-ish and just got to Act II.

P.s. when you search the wiki for "Maul" you are redirected to the Maces class weapons page, where there's no stats for Mauls. Weird.

Maul is classed as a Hammer and not Mace

Thank you. I guess the wiki is just weird like that.

For anyone else that's coming here looking for untwinked gear help, Fara sells 2s Claymore Swords at Clvl 12, and Tir El "Steel" works tolerably well until you can find a decent rare or Unique.

EDIT: Even better would be Ith El Eth "Malice" in a Spear or Trident, assuming you have some Replenish Life available (most commonly from Gambled Rare Belts).

EDIT II: For anyone looking for cheap ways to increase their Attack Rating so they can actually hit something, consider a Blessed Aim merc (Act II Normal iirc) and give him some Life Leech like the Amn Tir "Strength" runeword. If you don't like that (I love me Rogue auto-find enemies and ranged attack...), there's also the https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/squigis-item-bonus-document-1st-draft.253997/ thread where you can search for Attack Rating. There's also the 2-item bonus from the Hsarus' set boots, Berserker's Helm, and +AR rings that you should have saved up by now.

Last edited:

So, frenzy and WW until maybe....around level 40? Then respec to zerk like this guide?
Surely not until Im level 80!?!?!?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but WW doesn't look like a safe skill to use in HC...
And Frenzy is more gear dependent than Berserk, as two decent 1-handed weapons are required, which is a minus for untwinked.

So, Berserk is probably the best skill for untwinked HC, but it isn't an aoe skill...

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High