Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

The -50% damage penalty of decrep works on WW, but it's applied on off-weapon %ed and not a separate multiplier, so it will reduce it from let's say 800% to 750%.

@T72on1 He will :) Just need to find that last Sur (or Ohm, or Lo) to make Enigma...

As It's only -50% off hand damage, It should not affect the killing speed, then. The only downside to this is taking a lot of damage. And I would REALLY like to avoid using Vamp Gaze :eek:

Btw; I've "heard" that a poor Grief roll beats or pars any eBotD, tis true or ney? I am asking because the only one I can compare my character to is @zticazzy Perkele, who had high roll dual Zerker eBotD, which he used for Baaling, assuming P8/P3.

From what I've read, I think you'll be fine with the Griefs, and won't miss a BotD too much :).

About the Decrep. It's been a while since I have been running CS, but iirc the Oblivion Knights only cast it when you are close to them. Otherwise they use an other curse. So you can see what works best for you: either teleport on top of them to eliminate them right away, and see if this can be done fast enough so that they don't cast Decrep, or take out the other enemies first, and the OKs last.

Btw; I've "heard" that a poor Grief roll beats or pars any eBotD, tis true or ney?
Regarding one-handers, yes.

Lowest damage Grief phase blade, +340 damage: +373 average damage
Highest damage BotD one-hander, 400% in a 15% superior berserker axe: 367 average damage

Hey gang, just looking for more info on the MFO.

So when it starts, I can only pick ONE target to constantly run? So if I take, say, Pindle, only drops from him will count, correct?

Also, do only set/uniques count in terms of overall score or what about like...really good rares or magics? Like a JMoD for example is a lot harder to find than, say, a Shako, so would that count?

only elite sets and uniques count!

and you can run multiple targets but most people don't because you're dividing your time and score since different categories act as a different collection for your score.

So pindle is his own category, but alvl85 areas include both pit and AT, so you could go back and forth between them if you like

Btw; I've "heard" that a poor Grief roll beats or pars any eBotD, tis true or ney? I am asking because the only one I can compare my character to is @zticazzy Perkele, who had high roll dual Zerker eBotD, which he used for Baaling, assuming P8/P3.
Berserker Axe base damage: 24-71 = 47.5 average
1.07 eBotD superior Berserker average damage, highest roll: 47.5 * 1.5 (ethereal) * 5.15 (400% + 15% superior) + 71/4 (1.07 max damage bonus) = 385
Grief Berserker average damage, lowest/average/highest roll: 47.5 + 340/370/400 = 388/418/448
Grief 1.07 ethbugged superior Berserker average damage, highest roll: 47.5 * 1.5 * 1.15 + 400 + 71/4 = 500

It's not even close. And even if you get a bad roll on a Grief, odds are you'll get enough leftover Lo runes to reroll it multiple times before you even sniff a Zod.

edit: bad math

Last edited:
Hey gang, just looking for more info on the MFO.

So when it starts, I can only pick ONE target to constantly run? So if I take, say, Pindle, only drops from him will count, correct?

Also, do only set/uniques count in terms of overall score or what about like...really good rares or magics? Like a JMoD for example is a lot harder to find than, say, a Shako, so would that count?

pharphis pretty much got you covered, but the reason those JMoDs etc. don't count is that it's simply so much more practical to just count elite uniques and sets where we can quite easily give them the right points according how rare they are.

To get a better grasp what's the gist of the MFOs, check the tournament listings thread on the front page and search for MFOs. Some funny threads there with lots of information buried on them.

Hope to see you at the next MFO!

Berserker Axe base damage: 24-71 = 47.5 average
1.07 eBotD superior Berserker average damage, highest roll: 47.5 * 1.5 (ethereal) * 5.15 (400% + 15% superior) + 71/4 (1.07 max damage bonus) = 385
Grief Berserker average damage, lowest/average/highest roll: 47.5 + 340/370/400 = 388/418/448
Grief 1.07 ethbugged superior Berserker average damage, highest roll: 47.5 * 1.5 * 1.15 + 400 + 71/4 = 500

It's not even close. And even if you get a bad roll on a Grief, odds are you'll get enough leftover Lo runes to reroll it multiple times before you even sniff a Zod.

edit: bad math

Thanks for the calculations, @necrolemming :)

Ok, my Grief is average roll, so hacking away with 418 damage. This means I could do Baal runs, if CS fails.

Ritchie "I think I am in love with Margot,"
Royal "She's your sister, that's probably not legal,"
Ritchie "We are not even related, Its perfectly legal,"
Royal "Oh...but I is frowned upon,"

How do we feel about S&E, is it legal, or only frowned upon?

By now we all know that grief > botd, for ww barbs, and most other classes who would use a beefy 2h prefer other weapon types. However, I discovered the reason to build a BotD collosus blade! Werewolf form is based primarily on weapon speed, and barbs are fast with 1h weapons, so the common choice is grief phase blade. This reaches 5fpa with ~440 damage. However, the wolfbarb only attacks with the mainhand weapon, so in a duelwield setup the best offhand is a beast simply for the ~200% ED.

Most 2h weapons only reach 7fpa feral rage for the wolfbarb, but barbs attack faster with 2h swords than any other 2h weapons. This means that botdCB reaches 6fpa while a giant thresher is stuck at 7 fpa! Druids attack faster with polearms/staves/axes which is why eTomb Reaver zod/30ias/80ED is best in slot for druid wolves, but a cryptic axe with 90 ias ties with the botdCB at 6fpa for barbs, and has less %ED (360 max vs 415 max).

The perfect ebotdCB has 663 avg damage at 6fpa, equivalent to 553 dmg at 5fpa (to compare with grief PB).
Assuming Lvl 26 might (260%), fort (300%), lvl 24 ww (134%), lvl 24 mastery (134%), 300 str (300%), lvl 8 feral rage (90%) = +1218% ED ~13.18x dmg
440*(13.18+2.00)=6679 dmg for grief
553*13.18=7289 for eBotD CB
eBotD CB has ~9% more dps than grief!
... Ofc I didn't factor in grief 20% deadly strike :rolleyes: too much trouble for me in the evening, with DS from other gear and CS from sword mastery. CB has some bonus ED from +30 attributes and lower dex requirement than PB, and 200% undead ED. Grief has ITD and beast gives %AR. Also has some versatility in allowing for an Azurewrath offhand for fighting undead.

Ok maybe they're close. Still.. A 1.07 base would push ebotd over the top.

Edit: I forgot to factor in sharp charms. A full inventory making room for cube is +108 max dmg or +54 avg dmg.
(440+54)*(13.18+2.00)=7499 dmg for grief
(663+54)*13.18*(5/6)=7875 dmg for eBotD CB, now only 5% more dps.

Last edited:
Interesting calculations, Pandadude. Nothing beats the style of BotD, though :)

I am currently leveling in Travincal, trying to find the missing items in preparation for P8 CS seal running. It is doable now, but could be so much better with the end gear I am looking for. My question is, how much attack rating should I aim for? It seems that I don't notice much difference from wearing angelic combo in killing speed, though I should. My CTH is 70% without Angelic.

EDIT: Nevermind..killing speed is waaay better at 82% CTH..

Last edited:
I think the IAS calculations is based on the wereform, and the wereform alone. I've never heard that the class which morphed into the wereform, be it bear or wolf, matters at all.

I think the IAS calculations is based on the wereform, and the wereform alone. I've never heard that the class which morphed into the wereform, be it bear or wolf, matters at all.

I haven't tested it personally yet (although I might just do that), but that is the numbers the german attack speed calculator is giving. There are also some comments lying around in the old posts and archives which suggest it.

Actually, a 3x Shael'd Hone Sundan for a wolf-barb is the same speed as a shael'd Ribcracker, since a barb isn't a druid (druids have the speed penalty, not wereforms), even if its a wolf-barb. Better damage (eth 200% vs 300%), less extra mods.

I'd go with either one of the above, or a 3xED/IAS (or 3x IAS) Tomb Reaver (hits 5 frames instead of 7).

Edit: I tested it just now on my barb, and an oath highland blade (-55 wsm) was faster than a ribcracker quarterstaff (-50 wsm). The wolf druid is known to be notoriously slow with 2h swords, and fastest with axes/staves/polearms. I couldn't edit in a quote, but see the screenshot from Jiansonz' post below.

View attachment 6353

I went through the weapon speed calculator like Jiansonz had done, and I found some errors, most noticeably him clumping javelins and spears together. Since I don't want to spread misinformation I've posted the proper values below.

View attachment 6402

Last edited:
He’s playing something else, not sure what.

I think most of his Blizz Trav stuff can be gleaned from various threads, but pretty much any well built blizz Sorc will do. Map roll is of highest importance.

Does anyone here have any experience with crafting safety amulets? I've searched through the forum and I think I've seen one post with a 2 skill 10fcr safety amulet. Are they worth crafting? I think they have 3 affixes open, so to get a good amulet you'd have to get pretty lucky.

Please post readouts if you have any decent ones!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High