Manda and the quest for Windforce

I felt like gathering my experiences gained from playing this character in one thread so I decided to start a progress thread. I hope that it will be useful and inspiring to some.

Introduction
Meet Manda, the amazon! Manda is on a quest! She has her mind set on finding what many believe is the most potent bow in all of Sanctuary! The legendary Windforce Hydra Bow.

Background
After a seven year long break I decieded to start playing Diablo 2 again a couple of months ago. This is my second character after restart and since I intend to keep her untwinked she represents a new way for me to play this game.

To keep me motivated, I wanted to set a goal for her. Concidering my plan is to go all in on dexterity and strafe, what better goal to set than to find her own Windforce Hydra Bow! :)

Confines
  • Diablo II: Lord of Destruction version 1.14b or later.
  • No third party software.
  • No multiplayer games.

Normal

Players set to 8.

Act 1
28 August, A.D. 2017.

Manda the amazon is born!

At level 6 Manda is holding her first bow and after the death of Blood Raven, Amplisa joins the fray with her cold arrows!

While exploring the first level of the Underground Passage, Manda stumbles upon her first set item!

View attachment 6257
Leveling is swift and shortly before entering Andariels hideout Manda has reached level 20.

Act 2

Andariel is defeated and Manda with friends has made their way to Lut Gholein.
Manda has her mind set on making a Zephyr bow and after the first Ort rune shows up (cubed), the party takes a quick de-tour west to dispose of the evil countess in hope of finding an Eth rune.

The quest is a success and Manda manages to assemble her new bow!

One of the very first unique items shows up in Far Oasis. Bloodfist Heavy Gloves!

Lots of useful magical properties on these! Especially a healthy boost of life points!

When eventually finding the true tomb of Tal Rasha, Manda has reached level 29.

View attachment 6260
The battle with Duriel is tough but victory is secured.

Act 3

When fighting her way through Upper Kurast to the temple city of Travincal, she finds this piece of green jewelry laying on the ground.

Angelic Wings!

While not very useful on its own, this amulet is rumored to be a lot more powerful when combined with other pieces of the set so Manda chooses to hold on to it.

The compelling orb is smashed and the way into Mephistos lair lies open. On her way down she finds a chest with a shiny ring hidden inside!

Manald Heal!

The Manald Heal is put away in the stash. A ring that grants the ability to leech mana will most likely be essential later on.
The guarding council members together with vampires makes for a hectic battle but eventually they are brought down and Mephisto can be taken care of.

View attachment 6264
Mephisto is dead.

Manda is level 32.

Act 4

Smashing Mephisto's soulstone results in a Eld rune.

The battle against Diablo feels like it lasts a good hour and it is by far the toughest challenge Manda has met. By the time the demon finaly falls, thousands of arrows have been fired.

View attachment 6266
Diablo slain.

To be continued...
Great thread! Love the idea, keep it up!

Is this HC or SC?I'm wondering because i've been there, trying to finish same quest in HC, not even month ago...Unfortunately, my journey has been ended very soon, while running Hell Countess for runes...Terrible idea overall, i should stick with LK an be more patient, but thats me...

Anyway, GL with You quest, i really know, what You are up against ;)

Great thread! Love the idea, keep it up!

Thank you!

Is this HC or SC?I'm wondering because i've been there, trying to finish same quest in HC, not even month ago...Unfortunately, my journey has been ended very soon, while running Hell Countess for runes...Terrible idea overall, i should stick with LK an be more patient, but thats me...

Anyway, GL with You quest, i really know, what You are up against ;)

Thank you!

This is SC. First time Manda died was to Diablo on normal. However, to this date, she has never left a single corpse behind. She has Amplisa to thank for that.

There are times that I wish I'd play hardcore but moments later the game reminds me that maybe softcore is the right choice for me. Like when I'm fighting Diablo and TP into bone prison and get a lightning hose in the face. Or when I enter the Ruined Temple
and get greeted by 20 angry Rogues. Sure, with more experience many deaths can be avoided but at the same time, when a character I've spent 100 hours developing dies and I have to start over, is it worth it? At this moment, I believe it is not.

Last edited:
Thank you!

Thank you!

This is SC. First time Manda died was to Diablo on normal. However, to this date, she has never left a single corpse behind. She has Amplisa to thank for that.

There are times that I wish I'd play hardcore but moments later the game reminds me that maybe softcore is the right choice for me. Like when I'm fighting Diablo and TP into bone prison and get a lightning hose in the face. Or when I enter the Ruined Temple
and get greeted by 20 angry Rogues. Sure, with more experience many deaths can be avoided but at the same time, when a character I've spent 100 hours developing dies and I have to start over, is it worth it? At this moment, I believe it is not.

I've RIP'd toons with full playthroughs on P8/nontwink @ Hell Act 2+ (one sorceress @ Ancient Tunnels with a NM Vex drop still in the stash). It hurts but you learn from it and the threat of losing everything makes the play through more interesting.

ARWUJlH.jpg

GL with your Windforce, though.

Last edited:
I've RIP'd toons with full playthroughs on P8/nontwink @ Hell Act 2+ (one sorceress @ Ancient Tunnels with a NM Vex drop still in the stash). It hurts but you learn from it and the threat of losing everything makes the play through more interesting.

GL with your Windforce, though.

Maybe, one day. :)

Thanks!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High