All Resistances +25
Increase Maximum Life 50%
Attacker Takes Damage of 15
+3 to Sorceress Skill Levels
20% Faster Cast Rate
150% Damage to Undead
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 20

Hell Travi.

Hm, does Baal drop Cedar Staves? You could force it then. But I'm not so sure you'd want to run him a lot in HC :S

no I wouldn't and yes someone else said that that is where they got their's, a couple of months ago

Hope that you'll luck it out from somewhere!

I wonder what kind of life can be achieved with that, Shako and Arkaine's. Let alone if one chooses to weapon bug two of these on :p

Didn't even know about that staff, those stats are actually quite nice!
And just to confirm, Cedar Staff = qlvl38, so Baal can drop it indeed.

Regarding bosses, a small "now-you-know" kinda thing: You would actually never need more than 551MF to guarantee uniques from bosses.
The result of 556 was using the basechance of 1000, without taking mlvl and qlvl into account.
Obviously the difference is very small, and having more MF can't hurt anyway, but it might allow you to remove one or two MF charms :p
Depending on the item and the boss, it could be even less than 551 that you need. (547 is the lowest, for rings and amulets from Mephisto, Diablo, and Baal.)

Anyway; can a staff like that be paired with a 1hander like Wizardspike? I can't find the info on the weapon switch bug anymore :-/
(If someone has a link or explanation? I'd appreciate it!)

My Hardcore static + orb sorc (very original) is slowly racking Hell LK. (Got my first shako the other day :) It's sexy!)
I'm not using ATMA however. So when I'm full, I'm gonna have to mule, and in the process i'll lose the map.
But yeah, I really really want a Wizardspike. Wouldn't mind Arkaine's / Skullder's either!

I'm actually finding LK racking to be fairly dangerous :p I can't really allow myself to teleport to edges of the screen, since the wrong pack can eat you in less than a second. In fact, it doesn't even have to be a pack..

Regarding bosses, a small "now-you-know" kinda thing: You would actually never need more than 551MF to guarantee uniques from bosses.
The result of 556 was using the basechance of 1000, without taking mlvl and qlvl into account.
Obviously the difference is very small, and having more MF can't hurt anyway, but it might allow you to remove one or two MF charms :p
Depending on the item and the boss, it could be even less than 551 that you need. (547 is the lowest, for rings and amulets from Mephisto, Diablo, and Baal.)

That would explain some times where I THOUGHT I didn't have enough MF... Then again, I still probably just miscounted!

Keep in mind that arkaine's requires lvl 85, and that skullder's is a GREAT substitute before that. (or tal's for more res but less MF, life and MDR)

@Fruit I tested it, and yes you can have a staff and a one hand weapon at the same time! This plus Wizzy is a strong combo indeed!

I found the explanation from here.

Sorry about the delays. I still don't have internet where I am now living. I haven't been able to get on in awhile.

The beta is now running perfect, but I cannot post any further info. Sorry to those interested. But things are probably going to get out of whack around here with the other events. I'll be off for now.

Does this mean you won't release the beta? :(

edit: nevermind, that sucks that the admin here wont allow it

Last edited:
Does this mean you won't release the beta? :(

edit: nevermind, that sucks that the admin here wont allow it

Yeah it sucks I wanted to do a tournament. I started an untwinked Amazon and I'm getting her leveled up to overcome the horrendously difficult act V! Crafting is going to be awesome, a few mods are more powerful in the beta. Also looking forward to mephisto runs to farm the unique which was disabled in 1.07!

Edit: the beta is closed for now. Guess we will have to wait for the future ;)

Last edited:
Please don't start a beta thread here. I've responded to your PM.

I apologize for allowing real life to interfere with my forum attendance. Early in the week, I had to prepare for and then participate in a meeting with the executive board of a company that is negotiating to buy mine, and then Wednesday and Thursday I had all my sales staff from all three locations fly in for a semi-annual two day sales training meeting that I facilitated. It was literally the busiest working week of at least the last decade for me. I'll be around all weekend.

Quite a jewel there!

And, the first item I get to show off:
5kgP8gz.jpg

From a chest in LK, besides my stable shako rack.
Bow/Crossbow might not be the ideal tab, but I do consider this a reason to put a bowazon on the to-do list :p
Haven't even started the crafting game yet, though. Long way to go...

@Fruit I tested it, and yes you can have a staff and a one hand weapon at the same time! This plus Wizzy is a strong combo indeed!

I found the explanation from here.

Thanks a lot! Saved the info in my dedicated 07 info txt file :p

Good to see there's still activity in this thread, as i'm quite late to the party :D
Cheers!

Couldn't resist posting. This is the only unique in the beta that has a different name. oooooo scary better watch out!
Screenshot001.jpg

Same name as 1.07 I'm pretty sure... I've found 2 of them

edit:

Bartuc's Chop Chop
Greater Talons
One-Hand Damage: 28 to 47
Durability: 30 of 30
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 103
Required Strength: 103
Required Level: 42
Claw Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x707667ca
+10 to Dexterity
+25 to Mana
+35% Enhanced Damage
50% Increased Attack Speed
Hit Blinds Target +0
35% Target Defense
25% Deadly Strike
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
+1 to Shadow Discipline Skills (Assassin Only)

Just checked and yeah they fixed it in 1.08. Never noticed it before though. Still funny. Especially the pitiful damage. I guess the IAS could help for a sick trap-sin though. Socket it with a Shae and she'd be set!

Had no idea it was called that, I still hadn't seen a 07 one. Funnily, it's simply called "Cutthroat" in the 07 file. There are more miss-names, like "Valkiry Wing" and "Rimeraven" (Raven Claw) ^^
They definitely made a good move changing the name "Chop Chop" to something else :D But it was probably just a place-holder name anyway.

Well, figured I might as well share some findings on quad-immunes (Magic Resist), as well as some other resist-related stuff. It's not really important for playing the game, I just had an itch I needed to scratch :p Some of it, if not everything, is probably already known to the majority of 07 players. But it wasn't known to me, and I couldn't find it anywhere, so:
This thread, as well as the handful of guides that are still up, do mention most of the notable 07 things, but not everything is explained. The question marks I had around these "07 quirks" bothered me enough to go hunting for some answers.

The immunity stuff works similarly to later patches, as expected, but not quite the same:
  • Unique monster bonuses are applied in the order that they spawned in, from left to right as you see them in the monster's description. If the monster is Super Unique, those "hardcoded" bonuses will be applied first (and also in order).
  • If the monster already has two resistances above 75, no other bonus will have its resistance boost applied.
  • Monster resistances do not have a floor or a ceiling.
  • The only monsters that inherently have a negative resistance are Andariel (-50 fire on all difficulties), The Smith (-50 poison on all difficulties), and Haphesto (-50 poison on Normal and Nightmare).
  • No monster inherently has more than 100 to any resistance.
  • Conviction does not have a floor(or ceiling, depending how you look at it!)
  • Cold Mastery "ignores" the listed percentage of current monster's positive cold resistance. It's calculated after Conviction and Lower Resist.
  • Spectral Hit adds 20 to fire, lightning, and cold resistance.
  • Mana Burn adds 20 magic resistance. Even though it technically can do it, this will never turn a monster immune, because no monster has (80-99) magic resistance.
  • Magic Resistant adds 75 to fire, lightning and cold resistance.
  • Stone Skin adds 50 to physical resistance.

So what this means is, Bishibosh can not possibly have more than two immunities. Furthermore, he will always have 250 fire resistance, which would need a level 26 Conviction (-155) to break. Your Lower Resist wand alone will not suffice :p

To break it down for those interested, and to give some examples:
- Bishibosh spawns with [8]Magic Resistant and [9]Fire Enchanted.
His inherent resistances are Physical(50) and Fire(100). So MR will apply, boosting his F/L/C resistances to 175/75/75. At this point, he still does not have two resistances above 75, so his next bonus (FE) will add another 75 fire resistance, bringing him to 250/75/75.
He still does not have two resistances above 75, so if he randomly spawns with LE, CE or SS(Stone Skin), that would give him his second immunity (as well as his second resistance above 75, obviously). Any unique bonus after that would not add its resistance boost, because he already has two different types above 75 at this point.

- Coldcrow inherently has Physical(50), Lightning(100). Always gets [18]Cold Enchanted. F/L/C are now at 0/100/75.
Imagine she randomly spawns [9]FE, and then [8]MR: +75 from FE brings her to 75/100/75. MR checks resistances, and does not detect two resistances above 75, so she shoots up to 150/175/150.
From 1 immunity to 3. Just like that.

- Boneash. Physical(50), Poison(75). Gets [8]MR, [5]Extra Strong and [18]CE.
MR boosts resistances to 75/75/75. ES (afaik) gives no resistance bonus. CE turns resistances into 75/75/150. His only immunity right now is to cold, but he still gets two random bonuses.
If his first bonus was [27]Spectral Hit, then he would actually rob himself of a potential second immunity: +20 to F/L/C would boost him up to 95/95/170, giving him 3 resistance types above 75, so any additional bonus would not add its resistance boost. Nonetheless, he's already a total nuisance at this point.
If he would not get SH however, he still would not be able to get more than 2 immunities, because any of SS, LE and FE would give him that second resistance type above 75.

- Unique Oblivion Knight. Physical(50), Fire(60), Lightning(60), Cold(100), Poison(75).
If SH spawns first, he can not get any more than his inherent immunity (cold), since he'll end up with 80/80/100.
If not SH, then it will give him his second resistance >75. So at the most 3 immunities (if he gets MR before any other resistance-boosting bonus).

- Unique Horadrim Ancient. P(50), M(100), F(50), L(50), C(50), P(50). A recipe for disaster!
If he gets MR before one of the others, it's 4 immunities for this guy. It's even worse if he gets SH before MR, because in that case he will get +20 and then also +75, bringing him to 145/145/145. That's quite a bit of total resistance for ya.

- Unique Urdar. P(50), M(0), F(50), L(50), C(50), P(50). Another reason to just keep on walking. (Unless you're one of those people spoiled by Crushing Blow and Open Wounds, I guess!)
A similar story to the above one, except he doesn't even have one resistance above 75. If he, for example, gets SH, then SS, then MR, you're looking at 100 / 0 / 145 / 145 / 145 / 75. Time to get your Hammerdin!

Also, in case you, mister reader, didn't know yet how Cold Mastery works:
If a monster has 250 cold resistance, and you have your CM at level 20 (-85%): CM will evaluate his cold resistance(250) and ignore 85% of it(212,5), which means you'll be attacking the monster as if he only has (250-212,5=) 37,5 cold resistance. (I forgot if things gets rounded up or down here, or at all. I should make a note to note things.)
In the above (worst-case) scenario, you would need at least a level 7 (-63%) CM to be able to damage the unit with cold attacks:
level 6: 250-(250*0.59)=102,5 cold resistance
level 7: 250-(250*0.63)=92,5 cold resistance
This doesn't happen too often of course, but nonetheless it is a reason to get yourself a high level CM.
Fun fact: CM works with any cold attack, including Freezes Target and Frozen / Shiver / Chilling Armor.
Note that CM only works if a monster has positive cold resistance. If the monster has <=0 cold resistance, CM will be pointless.

This is also known, but: Static Field damage goes up as monster lightning resistance gets lower below 0.
Coupled with the "no floor" for monster resistances, makes for this fun fact:
Getting a monster's lightning resistance low enough (<-300) will make SF do >100% damage, which means insta-killing monsters with SF. Obviously, this is barely a real-life scenario. You'd need a necromancer with level a 31 Lower Resist (-66) and a paladin with a level 42 Conviction (-235), and that's assuming the monster has 0 lightning resistance to begin with.

The item attribute Damage Reduced by ..% is essentially physical resistance, meaning that Amplify Damage and Decrepify are direct counters. Its ceiling is reached at 95%, rather than at 75 or 50 like in later patches. If you would have DRb 145% and you get cursed with Decrepify, you will still be at 95%, meaning Decrepify was futile. I think this is the only resistance that's not affected by difficulty penalties.

As for "MSLE" or Multiple Shot + Lightning Enchanted, I couldn't help but wonder what's happening, and since I couldn't find specifics:
  • LE: Releases 8 "charged bolts" when hit, spawned with more or less 45 degrees between bolts.
  • MS: Adds 2 duplicates of the projectile that the monster shoots, fired in an arc that takes distance into account. (Similar to amazon's Multiple Shot or necromancer's Teeth.)
  • MSLE: Two Duplicates of the the LE enchantment are added as second and third projectiles, but are triggered when hit rather than on attack. This means 8 bolts make up left_projectile, and another 8 bolts make up right_projectile. The bolts forming these MSLE projectiles use the same pathing as the MS projectiles do, but obviously have their appropriate bolt-missile properties (damage, velocity, always-hits, etc).
  • This means that if you take damage at all, it will be from at least 8 bolts. Otherwise, from all 16.
  • The damage of a single LE bolt is 1+([mlvl/2]*2), for mlvl93 this is 95 damage per bolt. In this case, the damage of both MSLE projectiles would be 2*8*95=1520.
  • I assume the MSLE projectiles get released towards whoever the monster is targeting, who is not necessarily the attacker. Haven't tested.
Obviously, lightning resistance and MDR are fantastic here. 75 lightning resistance would negate 1140 of 1520 damage, leaving only 380. Then, any MDR you might have would get applied 16 times, to every bolt independently. 24 MDR would suffice in this case to fully negate the rest of the damage damage.

However, as is known, Conviction can change everything.
In case a level 11 Conviction (-80) brings you down to -5 lightning resistance. You could get smacked for 1596 lightning damage. Even with 50MDR, there would still be 796 damage left to take.
(I don't know what level auras unique monsters use, I just picked 11 as an example.)

If the MSLE projectiles are triggered when the unique has no target, the bolts spawn at N, E, S and W, moving in a straight line. This means that if the unique has no target and gets hit, there will be 4 blobs of 4 stacked bolts moving in 4 different directions.

I suppose the original 8 LE bolts also use these same 4 points as starting locations/numbers, but then get an offset, and pathing. The MSLE bolts will spawn at these default locations also, but pathing depends on the unique's target, and the bolts don't require an offset. I guess when no pathing is assigned, the bolts just move in the direction they were spawned towards.
(I could be totally wrong about this part, they're just some conclusions based on in-game observations.)

Obviously I'm nerding hard right now. I'm having just as much fun finding out in what ways 07 is different from the other patches, as I have fun playing it. And I wouldn't even have tried it if my 1.09b barb hadn't died! Happy accidents yo.
But yeah, Magic Resistant is obviously a fairly brutal unique bonus. If applied, it applies a fat 255 resistances. On the other hand, if spawned but not applied, it literally does nothing (except for showing up in the monster's description).

Anyway, if you spotted any mistakes/untruths, I'd appreciate corrections :)

Does anyone have any specifics or otherwise suggestions why bosses sometimes get one-shot?
I'm just over halfway through this thread and I've only really read "it sometimes happens" about it. :eek:

Edit: Just editing to warn that the stuff about resistances is incomplete, and probably partly incorrect: Magic Resistant apparently has some bugs, and in my tests I was relying on the monster's description to tell me what he was immune to, but those descriptions also can't be trusted. Sorry!

Last edited:
OH THANK GOD AN EXPLANATION FOR COLD MASTERY. I've been wondering how it works, exactly, for a long time.

Now I also fully understand why conviction MSLE Toorc lead to an insta-kill on my pally :D (who was designed to have stacked res and mdr)

This does raise a question for me regarding an earlier post I made... sorry I don't know how many pages back it was but it was regarding a high res unique monster in the icy cellar or drifter cavern several months ago... I can't find the picture I took so maybe it was on my other PC or something. I'll try to dig it up later!

Basically the problem was that static field just stopped doing damage after awhile, which didn't make sense to me.

edit: here's the post...
https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/1-07-news-info-and-gossip.575127/page-187#post-8789169

Last edited:
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High