IK WW barb with BK set and frenzy on switch

cmmaret75

Apr 16, 2017
So, I am making a ww barb and have full ik set with nice ias/%ed jewels etc. but I was thinking about throwing the bul kathos sword set on switch and throwing a point or two into frenzy after I hit all my other skills (which would be by lvl 81). I know I would lose the ik set bonus when I switch but id gain the BK bonuses and I was just wondering if anyone had ever tried this. If I am being honest I understand there are much better options but I can't help but see the style points in this idea. Also I've heard there are some draw backs to using frenzy with ww so idk if it would be all together worth it or not. Also I would probably only put 1 into frenzy because the plus skills would be enough to suffice I assume.

If you already have the BK swords, just do it! I think all you have to consider is that only the primary frenzy weapon needs an IAS socketing while IAS on the second is irrelevant. However, it might be a problem that the BK swords need quite a bit of dex while a typical IK barb probably has base dex, so you might have to respec yours.

BTW, I wouldn't put anything of value into the IK maul, in particular if it doesn't have maximum CB (40%). All you need is another 30% IAS for maximum WW speed.

My ik mual has 40% CB, I was gonna do just shael's, but a friend hooked me up so I jeweled them. I think I maybe able to swing the dex requirements without too much invested into dex. Although one drawback I just noticed is the knockback on one of the BK swords. Also, I would probably dump one point into sword mastery too just to bump the dmg alittle more. Also if I shael the main hand bk sword, what should I soc the other with? my Barb is still norm baaling but I will definitely try this out and report back on how solo hell mode goes.

Ber or Jah come to my mind, but I think such a valuable rune isn't really appropriate for a weapon of the quality of a BK sword. Perhaps an Um or Mal rune, but you can prevent regeneration with poison damage anyway, except for poison immunes, and I doubt that you want to fight Übers with theat character (assuming you are playing on bnet). Perhaps some fancy jewel?

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High