1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Checked the char, has lvl 4 ES and 1200 life and around 1100 mana. Missing some gear though, so should double check. And I cannot guarantee that a critical hit wouldn't kill her.

Is 1.07 also the patch where a barb could dual wield 2h axes? i clearly remember playing a SP version (i cant remember the patch) where my barb was dualwielding "humongous" i can also remember the multiple sockets in uniques (from larzuk reward)

I am just posting this here however i could be in the wrong thread. (this was all in LoD :))

Figured worth saying. I haven't played legit in years, I've finally decided to take a shot in the dark. Using no mods, I'm going to start up a 1.07 assassin, a class I've never played. My plan is to farm 07/08 then level in 09. I wasn't going to time travel but good god, the xp penalty in 1.10 is horrible. I botted several years back (haven't since) and I remember it did 20k cbaal runs and only got to lv 97. Such a joke. Thankfully we can play any patch in sp. The GAME BEGINS.

@pharphis I'm not sure if it was even in the beta either. No info on it anywhere.

1.07 Starter Pack (FAM approved addons)
- CPU loop bug fixed in game/menu (prevents 100% CPU usage on modern computers)
- TCP/IP loading times reduced; games should load 4x faster
- Runes are colored red
- Multiple windows can be ran (must use Game.exe)
- Securom removed to allow the game to run without the CD

DOWNLOAD

Keep in mind all of the changes are done properly through CODE, this means no more "-direct -txt". Runes are colored the same way as 1.13, but I kept red since its the traditional color and sexier ^^

Last edited:
RRM was made mainly for 1.10-1.12, although I've seen 09 people use it too. With that said, RRM rules should apply to any version 1.07+.
No-cd is basically the same as using a mini image, except game.exe is decrypted so you don't need to mount an image. Saves some hassle.

Edit: its not directly on Thyiad's list, but its basically the same concept

I've come across a vortex shield and a wire fleece rack, so I think I'll rack these for a bit to see gris shield for once. Using hydra changes the vortex shield rack into valk wing which is one of the things I need to rack again so this is convenient. No nearby chests, though :/

I've come across a vortex shield and a wire fleece rack, so I think I'll rack these for a bit to see gris shield for once. Using hydra changes the vortex shield rack into valk wing which is one of the things I need to rack again so this is convenient. No nearby chests, though :/

Don't you get auto mods on Gris shield also?

I think so, which is why I might farm a few because why not. Still probably useless overall :p

I think so, which is why I might farm a few because why not. Still probably useless overall :p

There is no partial set bonus for the shield in 1.13, right? Wouldn't 1.07 version be way better? or is there something I'm missing?

in that case then maybe it is actually better. I just assumed it had a set bonus.

It should have lower defense, though. (~70ish?). I guess I'll have to find one to see if the stats are any different on it!

Save your breath, the automod replaces the resist we're used to, so you HAVE to get a perfect roll on the automod to match later versions:

Griswold's Honor
Vortex Shield
Defense: 226
Chance to Block: 45%
Smite Damage: 5 to 87
Durability: 49 of 60
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 148
Required Level: 68
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x51714f93
+108 Defense
All Resistances +5
65% Faster Block Rate
Socketed (3: 0 used)

Welp. I'll still try to rack one I guess but that's quite sad

edit: got one, 13@. Now to use hydra to turn it into valk wing while I also pop the wire fleece rack. If I tele wrong it makes troll belts, too. So maybe I'll stumble on a set one.

Last edited:
Tip for getting beta CTA/bramble
I know this isn't 1.07, but many people post about it here. I researched and the best way is actually 1.10s river of flame super chests. It is far better than the lk patterns or any version pre 1.10. jjscud simulated a bunch of runs and found 4 vex, 2 ohm, and 4 sur patterns on players 7. This translates to 4 ohm and sur for CTA and bramble!!

are 1.10s patterns different than 1.10f then? That's interesting. RoF is (more) annoying to run in 1.10+ though due to monster variety

1.10 beta to 1.12 all have the same patterns. The tables were the same until 1.13, when rune ratios were changed. Once I get my assassin to lv 97+, I'll forward her and confirm the drops. Btw monsters in RoF are the same, 1.10 only added guest monsters to act 5.

Er I've confused myself then. I think the monster and bosspack density is worse, though, in later versions. Maybe it's just a consistency thing like how racks are more consistent in 1.07. I ran a RoF map thousands of times that never had a bosspack near the chests, and usually allowed clicking on both chests with TK without a monster being in the way, and few monsters total. Maybe someone with more experience running RoF chests in later versions can weigh in.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High